1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Idk, SMB - seems very situational on paper. We should vote on this :o

Who wants to make the finishing touches for Hippowdon?
  2. The Unlucky one

The Unlucky one

Sorry for the delay, the Nidoqueen Skeleton will be up on Wednesday!
  3. Hemp Man

Hemp Man

OU? Pfft, Magikarp for Ubers mate.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magikarp Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 84 SpD Ho-Oh in rain: 228-270 (54.93 - 65.06%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  4. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Taking Hippo :D
  5. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark formerly LucaroarkZ

Skarmory doesn't even need Speed EVs anymore. Timid Wobbuffet is no longer a thing, as evidenced by the OU moveset statistics. Additionally, the Speedy Wobbuffet set on its current analysis only hits 147 Speed, so it is never outspeeding Skarmory under any circumstances. Since there isn't really anything else Skarmory could invest in Speed to outrun without said Speed investment being considered Speed creep, I think we should just stick to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe for the Defensive set and 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe for the Specially Defensive set. That, and.... When in a match are you actually going to regain Sturdy? It's just not very likely to happen, considering Skarmory is not going to be at maximum health for the majority of the match.
  6. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Agreeing with LucaroarkZ, no real reason to use Speed EVs anymore. Anyone that wants to speed creep opposing Skarmory, defensive Toed or whatever, can do it on their own discression.
  7. Super Mario Bro

Super Mario Bro All we ever look for

It's fairly situational, but it has actually helped me win some games in the past. Skarmory really appreciates having Sturdy intact when dealing with certain teams, or even just setting up another layer of Spikes against Magnezone. Moving its HP down to 224 doesn't noticeably hinder its bulk at all, especially when you're compensating by moving those EVs into its defenses.

But yea, eliminating the Speed EVs is fine with me.
  8. The Unlucky one

The Unlucky one

Alright guys, Nidoqueen skeleton is up. Will work on CC and OO when i have time
  9. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

10. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner

Taking over Tornadus from typon77, as he is too busy irl to finsh this...
  11. Lord of Bays

Lord of Bays

Slowbro is up and waiting. I've already gotten some feedback, but it's been dead-in-the-water for a few days now.
  12. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

is jolteon available?
  13. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

http://puu.sh/22fKi

It's in capable hands now.
  14. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Scolipede has been moved to L&O. Parties still involved or interested in it should express so in this thread or with me.
  15. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner

16. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

ok

pk asked me to do sceptile so i'm reserving it
  17. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner

Jirachi is not working on Starmie anymore, so it is free up for grabs.
  18. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I can grab up one more analysis if I am permitted, despite currently working on three already. (I don't know if there's a limit on the number of analysis where you can work)
  19. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner

Yeah it's ok go ahead, as two of the three analyses that you have are already written.
  20. ScraftyIsTheBest

ScraftyIsTheBest Screw Water Druddigon
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

For the record, Scrafty is up.

And I see Suicune on the list. I want it.
  21. alexwolf

alexwolf Rain Summoner

Hippowdon is done Pocket, you can remove it.
  22. Remoraid

Remoraid

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but custap berry has be released for a while now, and it is no were to be found on wobbbufett's analysis. I'm just wondering if it included in there, since it's kind of huge. Custap+Destiny bond works really together, I think that may deserve its own set.
  23. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

It's not worth it's own set, but I can SCMS it in when I have time. When that analysis was written, all of the pinch berries were released except Custap, which was released shortly thereafter the analysis went on-site.
  24. BlackLight

BlackLight

Yo, is anyone planning on doing a Ferrothorn revamp anytime soon? The old EV spread is outdated (EVing to survive a Haxorus EQ is pointless now that it has Superpower at its disposal), and I don't think I've ever seen Banded Ferrothorn. Ever. I'd offer to do it myself, but I'm a bit tied up with school atm.
  25. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i think we're handling Ferrothorn via SCMS changes, but I wont mind you put up a thread of the specific changes you want to see on the analysis

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)