1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. woaska

woaska

The Larvesta egg have a specific encounter type. I haven't done this myself, but I assume that you should have Method 5 (Standard Seed) selected, then choose "Larvesta egg" on encounter type. But to get it shiny, I'm a bit unsure. The box "search for nearby shiny frames" should be clicked. But then the max frame should be about 200 I think... At least it is that way when RNGing for daycare shinies.

I'm not sure, but I think it works out pretty much the same way. Put in your desired IVs. Again, this guide is very helpful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Once you found a nice IV spread, you know how to do the copy full seed thing?

Correctly! However, your PID frame could be a bit tricky sometimes. But if you KNOW your is on frame 48, then chatter four times and hopefully it should work out well (which it doesn't at all for me...) I wish you good luck!
  2. Calech

Calech

Which Larvesta Egg are you referring to?

If you are breeding for it - the method you would use would be Breeding (BW) (or BW International if using international parents).

If you are referring to the Egg received ingame - that uses the Larvesta Egg method.

For a bred Larvesta: You want to follow the breeding guides linked in the third post (or also just above this post!) - there's a whole lot of information there about how to breed for IVs, gender, ability, shininess. (You can also now use the Shiny Egg finder in RNG reporter, which is briefly detailed in this guide.)

For a gift Larvesta: As there's no inheritance etc. to worry about this is the same as any normal RNGd pokémon - look for a frame with the desired IVs and a nearby shiny frame, then advance the PIDRNG using a Chatot - I seem to recall a moving NPC in there though, so some frustation may ensue.
  3. Exiledwolf

Exiledwolf

Heh, its just trial and error i guess XD. O well, just waiting to see if this is a correct egg
  4. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Hold on hold on. You're not doing everything correctly.

C/p the seed into the main window of RNG reporter and change the drop down to "Breeding (BW), click generate.

Start at frame 40 and look for wherever Rash is. That's your initial frame. Now get some chatots, make a custom chatter then post back for the rest of the instructions.
  5. Exiledwolf

Exiledwolf

Um my frame is 41 because my roamer is release
  6. KingDustero

KingDustero

I'm trying to get the gift. Ok so basically with shinies I find my seed, get to that frame and then advance the PIDRNG. Do I have to do anything with the full seed on the main RNG page?

Is the poster above correct with having the max frame to search at 200?

Also how do O get the right nature? Is it set for the frame that'll be shiny? Which means I have to find a shiny frame with the right nature. Correct?
    I really appriciate all the help guys!
  7. Exiledwolf

Exiledwolf

Ok, so i saved again with the old man holding the egg and i got a different result:
    Male Solosis
    Bold nature Overcoat ability
    31/X/X/X/31/31 ivs
    no chatters
  8. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Did you take note of the characteristics to determine what your PID is? And you already said it yourself, if there's mild rain it's somewhere in that 1500 range area.
  9. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Can you please post a SS of your main window for RNG, seed and frames included? To advance the frame you'll need a pair of chatots or to save. Saving increases the frame by +1.

Also, is Bold with overcoat on frame 42?
  10. woaska

woaska

I would like to ask, first time when you did no chatters (because you didn't had a Chatot), and now you didn't chatter but got a Bold? (Btw, wasn't bold the one you wanted?)
  11. MrBanHammer27

MrBanHammer27

I just want to thank everyone for their help. Because of all of you, I was able to breed flawless shiny female/male Ralts, a flawless shiny female Gothia, and a flawless shiny female Cottonee. Now its time to breed for a flawless shiny male Axew. Thank you all again for the help.
  12. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

Starting frame is 550-750 with no weather before the roamer arrives. With rain before the roamer arrives it's between 1500-1900. Snow is somewhere in between the two. Don't do it in rain. That's going to be very difficult on a DS. :/
    You need nature and characteristic to do PID%6. You could look for the nature sequence alone but the characteristics gives you more confidence that you've found the right starting frame.

I'm not going to read this whole convo but it seems like you're trying to RNG an egg. There's no trial and error in it. You open the menu, exit the menu, grab egg and hatch it. Look for a match near your Calculated initial PID frame. The matching frame is your actual starting frame. Redo it and view Chatot's summary 'til you get to the PID frame you want. It's a 2 step process. First to find your actual initial frame then to aim for your target. Also stop resaving. Resaving changes the positions of the NPCs which changes your actual initial frame.
  13. King N

King N

I know stupid question but how do we change the default date from 3/28/11 in Pandora's Box?
  14. Exiledwolf

Exiledwolf

Actually i wanted a bold one with magic coat ability, not over coat.

Yeah, um how do you take a screen shot? Im kinda new to this.
  15. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Oh my, I managed to get a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Zekrom on my 3rd attempt of RNGing in 5th gen, including the calibration attempt (yay for 3rd and 4th gen RNGing experience). Thanks bearsfan092 for the videos explaining the process, ToastPlusOne for EonTimer and Mingot and Omegadonut for RNG reporter.
  16. Kaasoljoyyx

Kaasoljoyyx

^You always have to walk the steps to advance the IV. Chatots are used to change everything else.
  17. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Yeah I saw that after I posted so I took it out before someone noticed. Guess I was too slow.

Is it possible to use C-Gear abuse for a shiny egg? I prefer it over the standard method because I'm used to it.
  18. Kaasoljoyyx

Kaasoljoyyx

I don't think c-gear method can get shinies, but standard method is very easy to understand and execute.
  19. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

No shinies with C-Gear abuse.
  20. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

I see... well time to learn something new.

Edit: Whoops, I need to learn to read. I can't use standard method.
  21. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Is there a way to make a very, very broad search timewise for a seed in 5th Gen? Right now I'm looking for a shiny Stationary with HP Fire, which is relatively rare; is there any way to search whole decades at a time?

EDIT: I see. Thanks anyway.
  22. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

No because that would fry the living hell out of your computer.
  23. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

when going for a shiny egg, do i spam x the minute the season appears or do i wait until after it fades to spam x? and if an npc moves at any time, am i fucked?
  24. Kaasoljoyyx

Kaasoljoyyx

No, you have to account for moving NPCs by doing it twice. You first get your egg and see what PID frame you landed on. This tells you how much the NPCs moved you [usually lands you on 50~55]. Then you reset and do it again, but you to the appropriate # of chatters.

And I usually start spamming X when I finish the c-gear options. Pressing X won't change anything, and it's better to spam it earlier than later. You'll get a more consistent rhythm and you most likely won't be off due to forgetting to press X.
  25. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

yeah but for some reason my seed was on pid frame 210 and i wound up on frame 288

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)