Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use this:
@Life Orb

Mild nature
114Atk/252SpA/144Spe
~Outrage
~Fire Blast
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam/Draco Meteor/Roost
Now, for my Pokemon...
@Choice Band
Adamant nature, Ice Body trait
252Atk/6Def/252Spe
~Ice Shard
~Crunch
~Earthquake
~Ice Fang or Avalanche? I'm already using a mixed set with Blizzard...

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
if you go heal bell yo uare probably going mroe for stall...

May i suggest heal bell / rooost / toxic / flamethrower or dragon pulse. Oh, yes and use explosion instead of ice fang or avalance on glalie

I've heard that the BP of moves that hit two opponents in double battles is reduced. Could someone tell me how much the BP is reduced by?

Also, how about moves like Surf and eq, are their BP also reduced by the same amount?

so, im on a mac and can't use the damage calculator
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1795390&postcount=1

so i was wondering, out of morbid curiosity, if someone could punch some numbers in for me? im wondering what the highest possible damage is... so i figure its either going to be

Choice Specs, Rain Dance, Modest, 31 Special Attack IV, 252 Special Attack EV, +6 Calm Mind, level 100 Kyogre, (150 Base Special Attack) scoring a Critical Hit with Spout (STAB + 150 Base Power) against a Lax Geodude (Base 30 Special Defense, Base 40 hp, 4x Weak)

or

Choice Specs, Sunny Day, Flash Fire Boosted, Modest, 31 Special Attack IV, 252 Special Attack EV, +6 Calm Mind, level 100 Heatran, (140 Base Special Attack) scoring a Critical Hit with Overheat (STAB + 140 Base Power) against a Lax Shedinja (Base 30 Special Defense, Base 1HP, 2x weak)

I'm interested in damage in the form of a number and as a percentage of health.

heheeeheeee

EDIT: Actually, also interested in damage outputs between level 100 geodude and level 1 geodude, as well as level 100 shedinja and level 1 shedinja

Heatran has 130 base Special Attack, not 140, but anyway, I calculated:

Level 100 Modest Heatran (252 SpA EV 31 SpA IV), flash fire boosted, with +6 SpA, choice specs, in a double battle with Cherrim as partner (with Flower Gift & using Helping Hand) with sunny day in effect, using overheat on a poor little Level 1 -6Sp Def -SpDef nature Shedinja.
Min Damage: 3 193 825
Average Damage: 3 473 469
Max Damage: 3 753 112
With 1 HP for Shedinja, ... just multiply 100% to get the percentage, obviously.

Too lazy to try the other damages, but I'm pretty sure Kyogre will do more HP damage (but obviously less % damage since 1 HP is way less than 11 HP). Even Deoxys-A (with all the possible added stats) using Psycho Boost on lvl 1 Croagunk did more HP damage than Heatran did, unless I made a mistake... which is what I sometimes do.

EDIT: O yah, there's always skill swapping Adaptability or using Metronome item to make it 2x instead of spec's 1.5x... I think a while ago somebody posted something like swapping adaptability to shuckle holding metronomoe which used power trick and then got to +6Attack and using rollout on shedinja.

Sup guys.

I breed a better good female Larvitar with 29/29/4/24/31/31

Yes my Defense is poor except everything else is fine.

I got the Careful nature (+ Special Defense - Special Attack) Perfect! So I put an Everstone on my female Larvitar.

I breed another 15-25 Eggs.

However only 2 have been Careful...

Isn't it 50% I really doubt I got that unlucky and this has been happening for a long time..

Anyone know what I did wrong.

By the way I got a few hacked guys including a Ditto maybe this is the problem. Please don't flame I suck at IV/EV breeding and no I am not using this to trade.

Anyone know why this is happening? It is really annoying

:]

I need a set for Heal Bell Altaria...
For the longest time I was using Dragon Claw/Heal Bell/Roost/ Dragon Dance...

Should I go for a sweeper or a staller? Which nature?
I need a set that USING Heal Bell Altaria because its a special pokemon from XD... Now, should I use it as a staller or a sweeper? Heal Bell is a given on any set and roost is preferred on a set...

Please?

haunter

Banned deucer.
I need a set that USING Heal Bell Altaria because its a special pokemon from XD... Now, should I use it as a staller or a sweeper? Heal Bell is a given on any set and roost is preferred on a set...

Please?
Heal bell is better suited for defensive pokemons, so use it defensively. Altaria is the Dragonite of UU, and like Dragonite, Altaria can run a defensive set too.
I'd use a calm nature (though it may be hard to soft-reset for a good nature and IVs) and a set of: roost, heal bell, dragon pulse, flamethrower/perish song. About the EVs: just max the HP and split the rest between the defences - the EVs also depends on nature and IVs that you can get. Good luck!

What happens when a Shedinja uses Substitute? According to Bulbapedia, Shedinja should make a 2HP Sub and not kill itself, but is this really true?
If the user of Substitute has 25% or less of its Max HP (rounded down), or it only has a maximum of 1 HP, such as Shedinja, it will be unable to make a Substitute.
Don't know where you got that tidbit from on Bulba, but the quote I have is direct from Bulbapedia's Substitute page, the exact link you gave "us".

In other words, Shedinja can NOT create a Substitute.

@CipherAdminLovrina-You should soft reset for moltres, zapdos, articuno, lugia, dragonite, lapras, salamence, marowak (interesting with sing), scyther, magcargo, and morning sun tangela.

http://www.serebii.net/xd/pokemon-attacks.shtml

Someone give me 12 or so of these Pokemon to sofreset for competitively..
I already am looking for Heal Bell Altaria, so gimme eleven or so more...
Hm...

Heal Bell Mareep has potential, Ampharos makes for a decent Cleric.
Baton Pass Natu could BP CMs or somethin'.
Baton Pass Hypno, already a good CM user, could pass away those CMs to pull in an already deadly receiver (Octillery, anyone?)
Baton Pass Swellow is pretty cool, no one suspects it passing Agilities, though getting it to perform a Pass could be a problem.
Heal Bell Lapras may have its uses, similar to other Heal Bell learners.
Heal Bell Articuno could be useful in UU, considering its nice Defenses. One would probably worry about switching out a lot, I suppose.
Moltres' Morning Sun could prove useful in UU.
Heal Bell Dragonite, amazing Utility in OU.

Those are the ones I see useful to SR for, those 8 =/= 12. Sorry that I can't be much of help.

What's the highest possible level that's not level 100 that Metalkids Iv calculator will show 31's and 30's for a pokemon?

Is the pokemon ranch platinum update out yet?If not,when does it come out?If so,what do I have to do to download it?Thanks in advance

Last time I checked, it's impossible to softreset for the legendary birds unless you're implying that I should beat the game a couple thousand times until I get a good one...

Heal Bell: Mareep, Altaria, Lapras
Baton Pass: Hypno, Swellow

1. Should I shoot for Baton Pass Lunatone or Solrock?
Refresh:

Tri Attack Togepi
Charm Spheal, Swinub, and Vulpix

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)