Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a fee to compete at the VGC tourneys? or you just show up and yeah?

Also, looking for a VGC trained dialga. PM me as i really need one for mah team >_>
I am curious about this too. I don't think it costs anything, personally, since their website didn't have it as something to bring.

Quick question, could anybody direct me to some Shiny Modest Dialga, Adamant Mewtwo, and Calm Togekiss with Follow Me here that I could consider for VGC?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for someone that can help me construct a new team / suggest a 4th player.
i would make a RMT but i dont want to type out paragraphs on why i chose a pokemon :p

PM if you can help

Would Shell Bell be a better option for a Kyogre that has Water Spout/Surf in doubles? Or is leftovers STILL better despite hitting two Pokemon for decent damage?

Deleted User 33526

Banned deucer.
Well Shell Bell wouldn't restore health consistently but it gives you that extra little bit of health in the middle of the turn, just try it out I say.

On the Team information sheet while filling out since it has the 4 pokemon plus a bonus 2 pokemon is it fine to have another limited pokemon as one of the bounus for example I have Giratina and Mewtwo as my first 2 then want Palkia as number 5 for when i need to move the team around

EDIT:Thanks Ultimatedra

On the Team information sheet while filling out since it has the 4 pokemon plus a bonus 2 pokemon is it fine to have another limited pokemon as one of the bounus for example I have Giratina and Mewtwo as my first 2 then want Palkia as number 5 for when i need to move the team around
You can have 4 of the pokemon on the limited list on your sheet, but you can only use two in a battle.

EDIT - Anytime DEZTROYA

okay another question (just need to make sure)

the pokemon we use can be from any country right like i can still use my japanese named kyogre in the official tournament right?

EDIT: Thanks Sixonesix

Yes, the Pokemon that you use can be from any country, as long as your game itself is an American version. Unless you're talking about a European Regional, in which case your game must be a European version, but you get the idea.

When do you think I should get here to guarantee i get a slot? How many people have showed up before?
Well, last year every age division maxed out - and Seattle reported juniors with 200+ - but Seniors MAXED out and had to turn people away.

According people reporting from Seattle, they had to wait outside until juniors where finished - so i would arrive before 9AM to be sure you are in line before 700+ people show up.

Well, last year every age division maxed out - and Seattle reported juniors with 200+ - but Seniors MAXED out and had to turn people away.

According people reporting from Seattle, they had to wait outside until juniors where finished - so i would arrive before 9AM to be sure you are in line before 700+ people show up.
What if I'm going to the Dallas Regional? That's currently the American Regional with the lowest number of known participants so far, so do I even have to worry about there being too many people at this one?
I don't want to wait outside for a long time if I don't have to. It's hot in Dallas, and I don't play or think as well when I'm sweaty. I need a cold, controlled enviornment. I'm spoiled that way.

What if I'm going to the Dallas Regional? That's currently the American Regional with the lowest number of known participants so far, so do I even have to worry about there being too many people at this one?
I don't want to wait outside for a long time if I don't have to. It's hot in Dallas, and I don't play or think as well when I'm sweaty. I need a cold, controlled enviornment. I'm spoiled that way.
If i could predict the future, i would not be playing pokemon - i would be winning the lotto. I am just giving statistics. And if you don't like the heat in dallas - Bring a watter bottle, ice chest, umbrella - whatever. Stop whining.

I will be going to phoenix - and it is hot there. I will be in line myself at 8AM, and bring a cooler with some beer to keep me cold.

I'll be in dallas and I will be there that early also. All I can say is that you will probably be too nervous and having too much fun to be concerned about the heat. And it hasn't been too hot in the mornings lately also. Well not unbearable at least.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Werecario, do you live in Dallas? I actually liked the heat when I went out there last year. It isn't as humid there if your from the eastern region (OH) so it wasn't too bad. Hopefully I can go out there this year. I have exams two days before the VGC and I can't find a flight unless I leave Wednesday, so... im going to hopefully convince my mom to let me take my exams early and leave school Wednesday. :D Hope to see you out there.

Yeah hope to see you too. This is my first time competing, it should be fun. Im so excited. I find myself randomly thinking about how my team will do against other teams, or how to stop different leads and such. I suppose that happens to everyone on this sight around this time of year though lol

EDIT: and to the initial question, yes I do live in Dallas area. I actually work about 3 min away from the place where regionals is :)

I need some help with the EVs of my VGC Ludicolo. It will be Modest, and will hold a Life Orb. The spread I was considering was 110 HP / 252 SpA / 64 SpDef / 84 Spe.
Max Special attack obviously. Then I need help with the rest. 84 Spe gets 101 Speed, 202 in rain, outspeeding Base 130s. I was then thinking 110 HP so it only takes 16 HP from Life Orb recoil. The 64 SpDef to take special hits better. However, if anyone has a better spread I would like to know.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll hopefully be getting there @ 8-9ish if I can get my dad up that early. I'll bring a lunch and a book, probably. (Cuz I'm nerdy like that) Whoever is going (to Dallas) look for a kid who looks like a Junior competitor in the Seniors line reading a book/playing DSi. I turned 13 Friday, btw.

My question is, though, do they sell merchandise there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)