Black and White Kyurem

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by shrang, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Pokémon Trainer R

Pokémon Trainer R

The point is not that Fusion Flare and Ice Beam both dealt a normal amount of damage to a Thick Fat Pokémon. The point is that, despite the fact that Kyurem's Ice Beam effectively has a base power of 142.5 factoring in Same Type Attack Bonus, and Kyurem's Fusion Flare apparently has 100 base power only, the two moves did the same amount of damage, making the creator of that topic theorize that Turboblaze may be responsible for boosting the power of Kyurem's Fusion Flare up to 150, and therefore revealing a previously-unknown game mechanic.
  2. Rayquaza_

Rayquaza_

It's from GameFaqs so it's automatically suspicious, but I'd like to point out that an ability can do more than what its in-game description says - Sand Veil being the most obvious example, which also gives immunity to sandstorm damage.
    The same can be said about Snow Cloak and hail, but it can't be tested without unorthodox methods like using Skill Swap because it's only found on ice-types.
  3. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Oh, that's pretty goddamn incredible then. If this is confirmed, and is also true for Kyurem-B, then we must have been underrating Kyurem-B for no reason. Yay for ability STAB?
  4. Pokémon Trainer R

Pokémon Trainer R

If it's true, then I'm most interested in the devastating power of Reshiram's Same Type Attack Bonus, Choice Specs, Sun and Turboblaze-boosted Blue Flare then, actually :)
  5. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

The type boost probably only works on Kyurem, but it doesn't hurt to test it on Reshiram/Zekrom
  6. sandstreamftw

sandstreamftw

TurboBlase is a glorified moldbreaker
  7. Darkhuaza517

Darkhuaza517

Just imagine if this actually stacks up on Reshiram (Turboblaze) or Zekrom (Teravolt). Then their STAB moves would be REALLY powerful.
  8. superbadd

superbadd

Triple stab is insane... @.@ Best wall breakers in ubers?
  9. shrang

shrang OM OM OM
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I'm not too sure about what to make of this. I mean, the guy has not given us any indication of EVs, IVs, natures or anything to make a damage calculation on. Ice Beam doing 35% to Snorlax sounds very much within reason, IMO.
  10. ZetoTarken

ZetoTarken

I don't have access to B/W2 to test there, but in B/W1 Teravolt does not appear give Zekrom any sort of Adaptability bonus. Was doing the expected damage to Grimsley's Scarfty with a lvl 50 Zekrom with Fusion Bolt, Dragon Claw, and Slash. I will assume this remains the same in B/W2 and with Reshi. If it gives any secret boost, its STAB bonus to Fire/Electric moves if the user doesn't have it already have it OR Kyu-W/B has a hidden third type(BW2 hackmon tests go).

edit:

Its not the Ice Beam doing 35%, its the Fusion Flare(No STAB) doing the same damage as Ice Beam(STAB), Fusion Flare should be ~2/3 Ice Beam so if Ice Beam is doing ~35%ish Fusion Flare should be in the 20%s
  11. Sun Sol

Sun Sol

Tested this myself; Ice Beam did more damage to a Chandelure than Fusion Flare
  12. Vincent

Vincent

No problem about the post :P

But indeed, Max Speed+ Giratina-O are just a few, but they exist, for example, i started to run one of these after being crushed by the Excadrill you mentioned. My Giratina-O has the CM + 2 attacks + Subs set, but generally the Mixed Attack ones need to maximize the two attacks so Speed is out of game for them, so i guess this kind depends on situation.

And Mold Breaker Excadrill wouldn't have the ability to sweep like the Sand Rush ones (but yeah, probably that kind of Exca will be used as Bulky Spinner set, not the Offensive Swords Dance).

VERY interesting, but i don't think this extra Electric or Fire STAB (if it really exists) works for Zekrom and Reshiram, because in such case Bolt Strike from Choice Band Zekrom would deal more damage in an specially defensive Ferrothorn than Water Spout from Specs Kyogre in rain, and about the same damage against some physical variant. And a Blue Flame from Specs Reshiram in the Sun would be more powerful than Water Spout from Specs Kyogre in rain, but we know that they have about the same power.

So if it works, probably is just for Kyurem-Black and White.
  13. ZetoTarken

ZetoTarken

How much more, within damage rolls more or like really noticeably more?
  14. alphatron

alphatron Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!

And was this in black/white 2 or on Pokemon showdown/Pokemon online?
  15. Sun Sol

Sun Sol

Noticeably more. I can't test in numbers because I'm trying to RNG Reshiram at Dragonspiral Tower, and to test this, I had to catch both Resh and Kyu, and fight Shantal with WK, then turn off without saving.

Feel free to try yourself though.
  16. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, I tested with Reshiram and I can assure there's no additional STAB. So, either it's only for Kyurem, or Sun Sol got it right in their tests and this is a hoax.

It would help if I could PokéSav a Kyurem in my Black 2...
  17. infinitetown

infinitetown

[​IMG]
    See dat 120 SpA on Black and 120 Atk on White? It's no lackluster stats and they can go mix, or even use a gimmick set to troll you. They has ice beam, draco meteor, outrage...and not mentioning hidden power. The only thing that prevents it from being a top tier threat is it's ice typing and mediocre 95 spe( hope dat GF will give'em dragon dance or a new special dragon dance)
  18. Deaga

Deaga

I've done some preliminary tests with my Black Kyurem (Level 70, 254 Attack Stat, Lax Nature, 0 EVs, you guys can work out the IV from that if it matters) against Caitlin's Musharna. Dragon Claw APPEARED to be stronger than Fusion Bolt, indicating that MAYBE Teravolt does not boost electric moves after all.

However, I did some quite shitty testing, just looking at how much the HP bar went down, so we may need something more conclusive. Still, don't get your hopes too high, guys. :/ EDIT - Also, Dragon's Claw base power (120, counting STAB) and Fusion Bolt's (100 or 150 with the possible boost) are pretty close to each other, so maybe damage variation got in the way? I feel like Kyurem-W's Ice Beam vs Fusion Flare is the best way to test this, but unfortunately I only had access to Kyurem-B.
  19. Avatar Korra

Sorry if this question isn't appropriate for this thread.

I'm planning to buy Black 2, since it's story is the one that succeeds Black. (The one I have).

Since it seems White Kyurem is better, is it possible for me to have him in Black 2? Or am I forced to stick with Black Kyurem?

Sorry I'm don't know the mechanics on how it's form changes.
  20. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

You can have white kyurem in Black 2 and Black Kyurem in White 2, just get a Zekrom/Reshiram to fuse with in the respective game. Also, you cannot have both formes at once in the same game, the DNA Link only performs one fusion and will not perform another until you de-fuse the first. Which of course means you can't have multiple Black or White Kyurem, not legitimately at least.
  21. Deaga

Deaga

I just performed some actually good tests, going on double battles with Kyurem-B + Magnezone and Fusion Bolting Magnezone multiple times. The move always did damage in the 36 HP - 42 HP range, which is the expected damage using the following calculador:

http://cherubi.com/tools/calculators/damage/

With Attack=254, Defense=183, Level=70, with no STAB. (Or any boost for that matter) Thus, Teravolt DOES NOT boost Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt. What a shame. :(
  22. nygerman

nygerman

except that's Choice Band, you have to predict the switch and the ferrothorn has to stay and if you kill the ferrothorn, your opponent gets a free turn

As for the Gamefaqs thing, it was already proven to be a hoax. The creator did not give any more specific details and someone tested it out and fusion flame did less damage
  23. Rayquaza_

Rayquaza_

You mean just like when you kill something with a choiced attack that can be nullified by immunities like Earthquake and Close Combat? Doesn't look that bad then.
  24. ZetoTarken

ZetoTarken

Except Ferrothron often times carries protect and, unlike Shadow Force, Freeze Shock doesn't bypass protect letting Ferrothorn switch in on the charge turn attempting to wall another attack, then protect on the attack turn.
  25. Cristhianmlr

Cristhianmlr

B-Kyurem - Ice Punch and B-K - Superpower = Troll Freak.
    B - Dual Chop = It's body does'nt have any part that looks like an axe.

Freeze Shock is HORRIBLE, it allows your opponent set up and protect, put paralysis, flinch, phaze it out or let it die by a monstruous SE STAB, common in Ubers.

Ice Beam fits much better, even with no investiments, thanks to the STAB, 120 Sp. At. and some common 4x Ice weak PKMNs.

Gliscor dies, Garchomp is nearly OHKO'd, Rayquaza is decimated, Groudon dies with one set of Spike, and is a 2HKO on many things, even a OHKO with SR/Spikes, it even puts a big dent on Lugia.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)