Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just wanted to bring up something I noticed using RNG Reporter tonight.

For the seed 1070324 the expected output was Entei 37, Raikou 39, and Latios 28. When I went to check the seed, Latios and Entei were in the right routes but Raikou was in 38. I went ahead anyway seeing as 2 out of the 3 were right and ended up getting my shiny, meaning Route 38 was "right" for Raikou. Might be a programming bug or something but just wanted to bring up that if 2/3 (or maybe even if 1/3) roamers match the expected output it might still yield the desired Pokemon.
Are you sure Raikou wasn't already on route 39 when you saved the game? If it was, it will move to a new route. That's what the boxes are for on RNGReporter, you enter their current routes so it will work out if they jump twice.

Why do you want to check that box? You just need to use the first collumn, don't check the Search for SID, as you don't want to define a specific SID: you want Pandora Box to search for ALL SIDs that make one given PID shiny. You won't search for neither an ID nor a SID. Just input the PID there, and let it search.

But I want a specific SID and I want random ID.

I ran into a problem earlier today when I decided to try and get a shiny egg from nidoran.

I was supposed to start the game by May 14, 2075 on 05:27:13, and have entered my parents into the daycare on frame 6. The first time, I assumed that the game started on frame 6, but it started on frame 3. So I ended up getting a Serious Nature Poison Point Nidoran(F), non-shiny of course.

My second attempt, I hit the seed again, this time, advance the frame by 3 before entering my parents into the daycare and I ended up getting the same serious nature poison point nidoran(F).

I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: so I found out that I was supposed to be skipping eggs until the daycare man had the sixth egg. I finally got to the sixth egg and saved.

Even though the egg I received was rash nature with the correct ability, I got a Nidoran(F) and the pokemon wasn't shiny!

Are you saying that I have to actually scroll through the list to try and find the delay that I hit? I tried inputting the Elm calls into the Seed to Time panel and kept getting inviable results.
There are only 60-120 possibilities, you can search for the Elm Responses as well, just be careful about moving NPC's.

If the Time Finder has given me a result that gives Ability 1, will that be OK for Pokemon with 1 ability? And is Sendoff Spring a good place to fish (due to no NPCs, on Platinum).

So I was RNGing for regirock just now and after about 3 hours I FINALLY hit my target delay and time (608). The target frame is 150, so 150-1 monster frame-1 roamer (mesprit) = 148 = 74 journal flips. So I opened up my journal, the first page says I caught something. Then I accidentally closed it. 1/74. I open it again. 2/74. I flip 1 page back to another page with a catch, and do so until I have 74/74. Then I began the battle. And regirock did NOT SHINE.

I haven't picked up platinum in a while. I don't have mesprit owned, so I assumed it was roaming since I've seen it in my dex. But when I hit area for mesprit it says area unkown. So did I
a) Mess up my RNG advancement flips?
or b) Is mesprit not roaming after all? I'm sure I didn't kill it O_o

EDIT: Or did I do something fundamentally wrong? The seed I need to hit is B1110268. Does it matter which year I hit this seed in? I chose 2008 b/c that's when the delay is 608, but uh, in the window entitled "4th Generation Time Finder", under the tab called "Capture", I put 2010 in for the year. But like I said, what year you hit the seed in doesn't matter, right?

What seed were you aiming for?
what was the nature of the regirock you caught?
those will help you to see for how long you missed your frame

What seed were you aiming for?
what was the nature of the regirock you caught?
those will help you to see for how long you missed your frame
1. See edit from after you posted
2. Darn, I ragequitted and didn't think to check it. Oh well. What you're saying is that I messed up RNG advancement though, right?

EDIT: Yeah mesprit isn't showing up on the marking map either. What is this i dont even

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also don't you have to see mesprit in the cave before he starts roaming? That might have messed you up.
you can just check your poketch's marking map to see if he is roaming if a blinking symbol appears on a route that means you have a roamer out.

How would I go about finding my calibrated second and delay in HGSS? There are not enough high level Pokemon to do it the way it was done in DPPt.
So I did this process using the DPPt way and catching Lv. 50+ Pokemon inside Mt. Silver. I know the process for hatching shiny Pokemon, but I am curious how one would hatch non-shiny Pokemon. Do you have to save in front of the Daycare man every time he has an egg and hope that the egg hatches with the correct nature and ability? Or is there an easier way?

Yeah, after going to get the marking map app, mesprit showed up on it when I left the building. And, the seed I hit was apparently B0110268, when I needed B1110268. Rage. Sorry for the stupidity folks.

I ran into a problem earlier today when I decided to try and get a shiny egg from nidoran.

I was supposed to start the game by May 14, 2075 on 05:27:13, and have entered my parents into the daycare on frame 6. The first time, I assumed that the game started on frame 6, but it started on frame 3. So I ended up getting a Serious Nature Poison Point Nidoran(F), non-shiny of course.

My second attempt, I hit the seed again, this time, advance the frame by 3 before entering my parents into the daycare and I ended up getting the same serious nature poison point nidoran(F).

I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: so I found out that I was supposed to be skipping eggs until the daycare man had the sixth egg. I finally got to the sixth egg and saved.

Even though the egg I received was rash nature with the correct ability, I got a Nidoran(F) and the pokemon wasn't shiny!
So I tried it again with a different shiny egg RNG and I got the same result. I have an idea now though. I may have to breed Nidoran(M) with a ditto and see how that goes.

I'm afraid i'm completely lost. I'm trying to RNG the first time on SS and i'm aiming for a Jolly Groudon, but i've been at it for a few hours now and i'm starting to get really confused over the whole process. The seed i'm aiming for is 9C0701F3 with a delay of 489, which exactly the same as the average I got from calibration. What i've been doing at the moment is using PikaTimer to time myself, soft resetting on the first timer then getting as close to 0 on the second one as possible, then using Pokemon Seed Verifier and Elms calls to see if I hit the right seed. Literally all i've done for the Seed Verifier is type in the seed i'm aiming for, unticked the roamers (i've caught them all) and clicked start, is this the right way of using it? And in general is what i'm trying to do the correct way of doing things? It all seems a tad hit and miss to me, I got the impression this was a more precise method than what i'm doing which leads me to believe what i'm doing is wrong. Advice please? :)

I want to RNG on Emerald, however I'm uncertain about soft resetting for my target because I don't see any means of setting the game clock like with a DS game. The Emerald RNG guide isn't very clear about what exactly happens between choosing a seed and then the soft-resetting part.

Is there a way to change the clock time of Emerald prior to doing the soft reset part? Am I supposed to be doing something special to RNG reporter that will help me figure out what time I am at in the game?

So I did this process using the DPPt way and catching Lv. 50+ Pokemon inside Mt. Silver. I know the process for hatching shiny Pokemon, but I am curious how one would hatch non-shiny Pokemon. Do you have to save in front of the Daycare man every time he has an egg and hope that the egg hatches with the correct nature and ability? Or is there an easier way?
I asked a similar thing a while back. You can either attach an everstone to a parent and wait for the right egg to come along, or put a different trainer ID and SID in the shiny egg finder so it won't come out shiny.

And yet more questions about hatching a perfect egg in HGSS:

I got it almost figured out except one thing... the delay.

I figured out that in order to calculate the delay I should first calibrate by capturing high level pokemon on Mt. Silver (and leveling them up to level 50). Now, I assume that "delay" means the time at which you press continue to the time where you encounter a wild pokemon (right?). Thus, in order to get an accurate delay time, I should have a Pokemon in my party which increases encounter rate so that I am able to capture a Pokemon immediately after I hit the "continue" screen.

Let me know if there are any flaws in my frame of thinking above. Thanks so much!

You are mistaken. If you read the guide...
"The delay may be thought of as a fast counter that increases by one approximately 60 times per second. It starts when you launch (or soft reset) any of the Pokémon games and runs until you press the A button on the "Continue" screen."

Ok, im trying to RNG ho-oh in HG, and im pretty sure i hit my delay. The roamers matched up. RNG Reporter says that they advanced the frame by 3. There are alot of different frames to hit my target seed on (b8120b3a) but im worried for any random frame advancement, since it has happened to me before. I have target frames of 89, 91, 105, 107, 109, 111, 115, 117, 119, 121, 125, 127, and 129. What should i do at this point? I dont want mess up a 4th time when it wasnt even my fault.

I found the IV spread I want (seed bc03027f) from the method 1 spreadsheet, but I need it for method K. I can't seem to find the corresponding frame for method K, or is that even possible?

Okay, so I believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a shiny nidoran(male or female) based upon egg hatching. I finally got a rash Nidoran(M) with correct nature and ability, but it is not shiny.

So it said in Part 6: Shiny Egg Finder for DPP RNG Abuse

Observe the correct number of RNG advances that will be required to hit your target frame in the DPPt Shiny Egg window. Remember, the number of Coin Flips shown in the DPPt Shiny Egg window assumes that you have already done 10 coin flips to check your initial seed, and that the Happiness Checker double-taps assume you have a full party of six Pokémon with no eggs in your party.

What I want to know is, if I follow the shiny egg method in Part 1, which means I DONT do the coin flip check, would the RNG reporter still tell me the correct amount of taps and flips to do?

EDIT: this is in DPPt, if that mattered

I'm trying to breed in DPPt and the IVs of the Pokemon in my egg never match up with the adjacent results. What are some common reasons for this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)