Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
In HeartGold/SoulSilver, where do you go to get fossils revitalized? I assumed Cinnabar Island, but that place sort of does not really exist other than a Pokecenter from what I remember. Is it Pewter City now?

Or some place else?
Yes, its the Pewter Museum in Pewter City.

I just beat Platinum, and I do not have a second DS to transfer my Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit over to complete my National Dex. If I fight Azelf and Uxie, and lose, can I:

1. Fight them again later
2. Soft reset for their stats

I don't care about Mespirit, since it's a runner anyway and I am saving my Master Ball for catching Cresellia.

symphonyx64

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I just beat Platinum, and I do not have a second DS to transfer my Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit over to complete my National Dex. If I fight Azelf and Uxie, and lose, can I:

1. Fight them again later
2. Soft reset for their stats

I don't care about Mespirit, since it's a runner anyway and I am saving my Master Ball for catching Cresellia.
1. Yes.
2. Yes, that requires recapturing them, though.

Yes, if you lose to Uxie and Azelf you'll get the seen entries, and they'll be in their caves when you go back. I did that.

I've heard - though not verified - that if you defeat Mesprit, then beat the Elite 4, it'll be back in its cave to be released again. I'd suggest not doing this unless you're willing to risk it being false mind.

I've heard - though not verified - that if you defeat Mesprit, then beat the Elite 4, it'll be back in its cave to be released again. I'd suggest not doing this unless you're willing to risk it being false mind.
Well, this is true for all the legendaries I've tried it with, including the birds and Cresselia. If it works with those four roamers I see no reason why it wouldn't work with the fifth one.

The guide here:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/event_pokemon

says I can get a Darkrai from Pokemon Ranger. Is that correct?

Bulbapedia says I can get one from Shadows of Almia. Is that correct?

I'd like to play one of the Ranger games anyway. If I can get Manaphy AND Darkrai out of it, that would be a bonus. (I didn't own Platinum when the Member's Card was on Wifi)

The guide here:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/event_pokemon

says I can get a Darkrai from Pokemon Ranger. Is that correct?

Bulbapedia says I can get one from Shadows of Almia. Is that correct?

I'd like to play one of the Ranger games anyway. If I can get Manaphy AND Darkrai out of it, that would be a bonus. (I didn't own Platinum when the Member's Card was on Wifi)
Pokemon Ranger (1) has only Manaphy.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia has Darkrai, Manaphy, and some crappy Riolu, HOWEVER you can only get the extra missions in Shadows of Almia by activating them through Wi-fi within a cetain time period. This has long passed and who knows if there will ever be another. If you have an AR, there are codes out there to activate these missions anyway though.

symphonyx64

But on the hidden power options it has typeless as the last option and I was just wondering how it works
Oh, you're right. I see it on Shoddy. If I were to guess, I'd probably say its Normal since it makes the most sense. I don't have a definite answer though.

I have bought a few used copies of D/P/P games and was lucky enough to continue another person's save file where they had a BUNCH of great stuff, including two shinies. I am very interested in playing "legit" pokes only, and i bought an AR because I thought that'd help check the legitimacy of said pokes. How exactly do I go about doing this? I know about SIDs and stuff but beyond that I'm a little lost. Thanks.

Pokemon Ranger (1) has only Manaphy.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia has Darkrai, Manaphy, and some crappy Riolu, HOWEVER you can only get the extra missions in Shadows of Almia by activating them through Wi-fi within a cetain time period. This has long passed and who knows if there will ever be another. If you have an AR, there are codes out there to activate these missions anyway though.
So in order to get Manaphy without AR I have to get the original Pokemon Ranger right?

Also, would Darkrai and Manaphy obtained by using AR codes on Shadows of Almia be considered 'legit' by battlers here?

So in order to get Manaphy without AR I have to get the original Pokemon Ranger right?

Yes.

Also, would Darkrai and Manaphy obtained by using AR codes on Shadows of Almia be considered 'legit' by battlers here?

They'd be considered 'legit hacks'. Not legit, per say, but perfectly usable - just tell your opponent first - they have legal IVs/moves/natures/abilities, after all.

After not playing pokemon for about a year i wanna give the competitive battles another try, could somebody give a short summary about the current meta and the biggest changes?

was playing about when garchomp was considerd OU

can somebody link me to a better moveset calculator? i've been using serebii's and marriland's advanced pokedex, but i dont think it takes account egg moves / tutor / event moves? i was searching for power swap + hypnosis and it only gives me mr. mime (and smeargle) when in fact, exeggutor and ninetales also fit that..

thanks for your help ^_^

How can i do an hacktest?Because an egoist friend I have doesn't want to tell me it -.-
Well, this is what I wrote in your other thread which will probally be deleted so I thought that i might as well as post it here now to help you and anyone else who will read it...
Ok, the first think I do is look at the catch requirements of the Pokémon. This means its level, location, and conditions to be caught. For example, if I find an Aerodactyl caught in an Ultra Ball, I know it is hacked because it cannot be caught by any ball except the Pokéball since it is only obtainable from fossils or eggs. If a Pokémon can only be caught at level 45-50 on route 101 for example, and the Pokémon was caught at level 51 on route 101 or at level 45-50 on route 102 etc. then I know it is hacked.
If the Pokémon has an impossible moveset, such as a Pikachu that uses Areoblast, then I know it is hacked.
If the Pokémon has ridiculously high stats, as in it would need more EVs than the game allows, then I know that it is hacked.
If the Pokémon's ID number is 65535 then the Pokémon has a 99.999984740978103% (thats as far as my calculator will read... I think I did the maths right, lol) chance of being hacked, as the ID 65535 is the highest possible ID. This ID is normally obtained by people attempting to use 99999 as their ID, although in very rare cases, it can be the true ID.
Be careful of Event Pokémon. They may have very strange names, and odd OTs and IDs, such as 10ANNIV and 00010, for example (I do not know if this is correct but its just an example). But they are legit. If you do a google search, you can normally find them. I would show you exactly where to find the list of Pokémon if it wasn't against Smogon's rules to link to another Pokémon site, IIRC.
Quite often, Hacks are determined by simply using common sense and the above rules.
For example;
Torterra
OT: Ash (Male)
ID: 14439
IVs: 4, 25, 17, 6, 21, 12
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Ball: Great ball
Apparently Egg hatched; Victory Road
Moves; Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Leech Seed, Crunch
---------
There is one clear mistake. Can you now say why this would be hacked?

great ball is the mistake for the one above lol

How can i do an hacktest?Because an egoist friend I have doesn't want to tell me it -.-
This will be hard. It will be impossible if the hackers did it well.
For instance, let's say I really wanted to hack myself a shiny Garchomp with perfect IV's. This is what I would do...mmmm if I had an AR...

Put shiny, perfect IV code on. Then just go to the cave where gibles spawn. Catch one that suits your taste for gender and nature. There's no way to tell. You can be suspicious but with the RNG abuse and what not I've actually seen some perfect shinies that are legit before as well. Oh and as the guy above said (really what he said is true) make sure the stats and evs aren't ridiculous. But again if the hacking was done "properly" meh...good luck finding it out lol

After not playing pokemon for about a year i wanna give the competitive battles another try, could somebody give a short summary about the current meta and the biggest changes?

was playing about when garchomp was considerd OU
If you're playing standard OU, the following major changes have occurred.

-Trick, although toned down, is now available on a lot more Ghost and Psychic types. This accounts for the sudden influx of Pokemon such as Jirachi.

-Latias is now considered OU. Latios is either still testing or deemed to be too powerful (I don't really know about that), but Latias gets Trick, Recover, as well as a multitude of special attacks, so watch out for that.

-Rotom has 5 new formes, each with its own unique attack (the most popular being Rotom-Heat with Overheat). It also gets Trick, Will-o-Wisp, Thunderwave...you know, all the ghost standards. It is now the preferred spin blocker.

-Check some of the Smog articles from Smogon's web-zine:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue4/fallen_stars
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue3/dp_disappointments

These two chronicle the once-popular Pokemon of the era you last played in.

-Scizor, most importantly, singlehandedly claimed the #1 usage statistic just because it got Bullet Punch in Platinum. It singlehandedly forced Heracross and most bug-weak tanks out of popularity, and basically forced everyone to have at least one fire-type move on their team.

Hi Everyone,

Im new here, and thought i would start by posting here first. I am just starting to get into learning how to play pokemon competetively, and i wanted to make sure i new everything before jumping straight in. Now im currently teaching myself how to EV train/breed for strong pokemon etc. Now, i have an action replay, and i have used it to gain arceus etc, after completing the story to gain all pokemon, my question is. When EV training, assuming the people im playing dont mind (friends) does it have any impact training an arceus from lvl 1? Will it be any stronger at lvl 100 if i raised it up from there? or does it not affect it. Same goes for any other legendaries.. I suppose my question is, would a pokemon that you cant breed be stronger from lvl 1 trained to lvl 100, or not, and only EV's matter?

Ps. I can only imagine some people may not want to help for fear i may go online with them (if they would be overpowered this way?). I can assure you until ive learnt everything i wont be going online with my hacks, and am quite happy to provide my pokemon file name thing so people can black list me?

Hi Everybody!

I just got my TRU arceus the other day, and I was wondering. What would be a very good nature for the TRU arceus and its moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)