Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or give it Roost and just let it become ??? type. I don't understand what the big deal is about only being able to hit a pokemon for neutral damage for a turn.

But that's beating a dead horse. I'm wondering if it'll have a signature move to use? So far Celebi is the only one without one and I guess Mew unless you count transform.

A signature move for the 'cute' 100-rounder legendary has been a staple since 3rd gen, so my guess is that it will. Too bad the move is usually pretty bad, save Shaymin's Seed Flare.

For the record, for all purposes a pure flying type that uses Roost does become ??? type.

Someone hacked Roost onto Flying Arceus, he just loses all weaknesses & ground immunity for a turn.

I mean he doesn't turn into the ??? type Arceus graphically or anything but that's pretty much what the game treats it as.

Mew's signature is getting every TM, HM, and Move Tutor move.

If Victini is really this gen's Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy(Shaymin?) I will be disappointed. I love Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy and think they have pretty creative designs. But Victini just looks like a normal type...more of a this gen's Pikachu...

For some reason, the 600 BST legends are always some of the cutest pokemon around. Something about the rarity of them also makes them a little bit mysterious and it's just that more rewarding to get a hold of them when you do. This thing is cute, but it dosn't have the cool-factor look that Celebi, Jirachi, Mew, Shaymin and Manaphy have. They're all pretty original looking, which is one thing that leads me to believe that Victini will not be a 600 BST legend.

Yes, Shaymin is part of it. 4th gen had two of them.
I think Victini is the Manaphy.
It's the one we'll get early and there'll probably be another they'll wait a while to distribute (during movie promotion).

The ability will probably be real good.
"Win": KOs the Pokemon it switches into but can't switch out for five turns.
:evil:

What about this move- Idk about a type, but it makes it so that the type of the move the opponent will use is not very effective, and it transforms into that type?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Just a few comments to a huge post...
In fact, of the (pitiful, looking at it) amount of Fire Pokemon, the only ones who don't red as the dominant color scheme are Ninetales, Numel, & the Houndour line. And Reshiram, of course.

Actually, the reddish-orange/beige is the exact same coloration scheme on Arcanine, Ninetales, Rapidash, Flareon, and others. And it also matches Plusle, an electric type... but more on that below.

Anyway, I'd already agreed that since Victini is an event legendary, it's not likely to be the "3rd legend" I had expected before the info was released. And thus, Elec/Fire is not likely.

Arceus is right there

Arceus is a terrible example, since it is technically every type. And I'm not sure taking "Normal" at face value is "wrong", since that's what you do with every other type, so let's just drop this.
We haven't seen this gen's Pikaclone yet. . . Could be. It reminds me a lot of Plusle/Minun.
Actually, when the art was first released way back when, I joked that it was going to be a Plusle evo, it looks so similar. Unfortunately, with it being a legend and all, it's unrelated.

But a legendary Pikaclone this gen...? That would be a change of pace.

EDIT: @UT, I don't understand what you mean, are you talking about Conversion 2...?

EDIT: @UT, I don't understand what you mean, are you talking about Conversion 2...?
Conversion and Conversion 2 confuse me xD
I mean, let's say there's a Ninetales and Victini.. assuming Victini is faster, it uses a move (we'll name the move- resist). What resist does is that if Ninetales is going to use Fire Blast, it makes Victini the fire type so it can absorb the hit, and it learns Fire Blast as well (and yes, it stays as a fire type).

I think it's been confirmed that he's Normal-type. And we've gotten an Electric Pikaclone every gen so far.
Kind of off topic, but does Pichu count as Gen 2's clone? I feel like it shouldn't because it's part of the same evolutionary line, so it isn't really a clone at all.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Conversion and Conversion 2 confuse me xD
I mean, let's say there's a Ninetales and Victini.. assuming Victini is faster, it uses a move (we'll name the move- resist). What resist does is that if Ninetales is going to use Fire Blast, it makes Victini the fire type so it can absorb the hit, and it learns Fire Blast as well (and yes, it stays as a fire type).
So you're saying it's like kecleon, except you have to use a move and the type change happens BEFORE the hit.

I think it's been confirmed that he's Normal-type. And we've gotten an Electric Pikaclone every gen so far.

This thing is cute, but it dosn't have the cool-factor look that Celebi, Jirachi, Mew, Shaymin and Manaphy have.

that's an opinion, first off, so that isn't a reason. second, when has "cool-factor" been a legitimate reason why something is legendary?

They're all pretty original looking,

so is Victini. it's much more original in it's design than Mew is, by comparison.

which is one thing that leads me to believe that Victini will not be a 600 BST legend.
I would think of better reasons, if I were you.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I've been waiting for about 8 years for the protagonist to start having a personality. It would be interesting if we could actually see our main characters...I don't know...talk?

Even if it was completely scripted the whole way through..What would be even better, though, is if there were some morality system where your character would say different things (or get different options) based on your actions. For example, if you do lots of side quests to help people, you might have a script where your character is really enthusiastic about doing the right thing. On the other hand, if you don't treat your Pokemon well (letting them get KOd and such) your character might be kind of cold and pessimistic.

I don't know...I'm just getting sick of the no-personality thing, even if the point of it is to let them be an "everyman" that anyone playing the game can relate to.

WE are the main character. the best gamefreak could do is allow us to pick what he will say, but im sorry. he wont have a personality(i am pretty sure of it).

And also: Please please replace Voltorb flip with the slots, or at least something more novel and fun (and less "LOL! VOLTORB TROLLS U!" *Depressing tune plays*). I mean, I love Voltorb, but he always gets cast in these terrible roles by GF. He should re-negotiate his contract to force GF to design a new game, and hire a PR man to fix his image.
I completely disagree. Although I'm sad that they took out the ability to just buy coins (playing for those TMs is just not worth it), the Voltorb game is much better than any slot game or any of the previous games they used to have at the game corner. So much more easier to win consistently as well.

When I first got to goldenrod and found the game, I was hooked. Played it for like 2 hours straight. I really hope if they do have a game corner in B/W that they keep the game, it was well made (but bring back the ability to buy coins!).

People would probably get annoying if the character's personality was nothing like there's/they were annoyed by that personality. There are too many personality types to please them all with one character...eh

Edit: The Voltorb game is much better than the Slots and is not completely luck(very very little is luck). Is Sudoku luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)