5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Guys, I'm going for the roamers now on my black and here is the issue:

For the roamer, the game puts the speed IV before the special attack and then shifts special attack and defense to the right, correct? Does RNG Reporter 9.93 already takes that into consideration when calculating the seeds/outputting the results or, for example, if I want a 29 satt, 30 sdef, 31 spd then I should search for a 31 satt, 29 sdef and 30 spd?

I kinda want a cool ID number so yeah.

In B/W, when is you ID/SID generated? Do I just RNG it like I would a normal pokemon?
yeah you just hit your seed like normal rng.then you can advance the ID frame by saying no to juniper when she asks is your name <name> ? .it advance 1 per no
but the id/sid doesn't work for dsi for some reason.i kept failing for days. but no problem on original ds or lite

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Guys, I'm going for the roamers now on my black and here is the issue:

For the roamer, the game puts the speed IV before the special attack and then shifts special attack and defense to the right, correct? Does RNG Reporter 9.93 already takes that into consideration when calculating the seeds/outputting the results or, for example, if I want a 29 satt, 30 sdef, 31 spd then I should search for a 31 satt, 29 sdef and 30 spd?
Yes, as long as you choose the correct encounter type for the job (Roaming Pokemon in this case).

It seems ive run into a road block.

I'm trying to hit TID: 21495, SID: 15484. I keep getting 12741, 31727. My target seed is on frame 29, its telling me my initial seed is 28. I do one advancement to get to 29 and then go through and check my ID and it is always 12741. what am I doing wrong?

The date received is when you got the Wonder Card, not when you captured it. So there's nothing you can do to change that unless you want to hack a new Wonder Card.
Ok then let's say I want to get a good mewtwo today. The guide says to have the wonder card to modify but I guess not. What steps should I take to get the good mewtwo

It seems ive run into a road block.

I'm trying to hit TID: 21495, SID: 15484. I keep getting 12741, 31727. My target seed is on frame 29, its telling me my initial seed is 28. I do one advancement to get to 29 and then go through and check my ID and it is always 12741. what am I doing wrong?
You're doing nothing wrong, but the initial frame column in PBox is wrong. So you have to find out what your starting frame is yourself. Just type in 12741 into the seed finder part, enter all your info, and click find seed hit. Look at the frame it gives you and subtract 1, and that's your starting frame.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok then let's say I want to get a good mewtwo today. The guide says to have the wonder card to modify but I guess not. What steps should I take to get the good mewtwo
If you just care about the stats then you can RNG it normally with what you already have. The time on the Wonder Card won't affect any of your results, just the date received.

The time finder gives you your Target frame (target IV frame, and target PID frame if you're searching for shiny or something) and the main window calculates your initial frame. The main window also shows you all the other frames, including your target frame.

I'm not so sure I understood your question, though :x

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
RNG Reporter 9.94 is out, with a ton of new features. Here are some highlights:

- Added: Pokémon names, Nature, Characteristics, Abilities, and Hidden Power type can now be displayed in their Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Korean equivalents
- Added: Searches can now search multiple encounter slots, natures, and months at once
- Added: Method 1\J\K searches in Time Finder now use a faster-than-PokeRNG search algorithm
- Added: Support for Cute Charm-affected spreads in searches, making it easier to find shinies
- Added: Time column to Entralink encounter type, making it possible to aim for a specific nature on Entralink Pokémon
- Added: 5th Gen DSi\3DS support for French and Italian versions
- Improved: 5th Gen searches now 500% faster when searching for a commonly used spread such as "physical flawless", "HP Ice 70", or "Trick Room" (thanks to chiizu)

- Added: Time column to Entralink, making it possible to aim for a specific nature on Entralink Pokémon
- Added: Support for Cute Charm-affected spreads in searches
- Added: Gender filters to Capture tabs in Time Finder
- Added: Method 1\J\K searches in Time Finder now use a faster-than-PokeRNG search algorithm
- Added: Main window now displays the corresponding Chatot response for 4th and 5th Gen frames
- Added: Searches can now search multiple encounter slots, natures, and months at once
- Added: Main window now shows 5th Gen cave spot appearance\item decisions for the Wild Pokémon (Cave Spot) encounter type
- Added: Time Finder PIDRNG searches now show what ability the party lead needs in order to hit a result (ex. Synchronize, Cute Charm, Suction Cups for fishing)
- Added: Columns in Time Finder Capture can now be sorted
- Added: Manaphy egg support under 4th Gen Wondercards
- Added: Individual columns in Researcher can now be copied to the clipboard or CSV
- Added: Pokémon names, Nature, Characteristics, Abilities, and Hidden Power type can now be displayed in their Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Korean equivalents
- Added: Search results can now be copied with spaces in between results, instead of the IRC-unfriendly tabs, using Ctrl+D
- Added: Encounter slots for HGSS Headbutt encounters
- Added: Tooltips now pop-up to offer explanations for columns in search results
- Added: Adjacent Seed Tool
- Improved: Pandora’s Box now displays a live update of search results for 4th Gen
- Improved: DS Parameters now has a built-in IV range calculator
- Improved: Text boxes intended only for hex input now prevents pasting of non-hex characters
- Improved: Time Finder now split by generation to better organize tabs
- Improved: Scroll bars on lists of results now more responsive
- Improved: All Generate buttons now refocus control on the grid where results are displayed
- Improved: All search speeds increased
Standard Seed searches now 500% faster when searching for a commonly used spread such as “physical flawless”, “HP Ice 70”, or “Trick Room” (thanks to chiizu)
Main window now displays results faster when a high starting frame is selected

- Improved: DS Parameters now has the ability to perform parameter searches using roamer IVs
- Improved: Time Finder now allows user to search only for seeds with a certain number of keypresses
- Improved: 4th Gen Egg IVs displays the corresponding Elm responses for HGSS results, has progress bar, and has an improved adjacent searching features
- Improved: Donation box now lists all new features in scrollable box for netbook users
- Fixed: Use Results in Time Finder now places the correct language version in the Time Finder
- Fixed: Shiny Egg search now correctly displays HGSS International results
- Fixed: 5th Gen Swarm now displays correct swarm encounter slots
- Fixed: Max Frame textbox in Time Finder became misaligned on Windows computers running with Large Fonts displayed
- Fixed: an issue where Method J\K Super\Good Rod frames were not calculated correctly
- Fixed: Reset Characteristics now removes the Characteristics column
- Fixed: Max Shiny Offset no longer displays a warning if listed frame is below 39
- Fixed: an issue where Special Attack and Speed-related characteristic labels were swapped
- Fixed: an issue where the wrong Elm call was displayed for Wild Pokémon encounter type
- Fixed: Get More Times now takes the user to the correct seed type (4th Gen or C-Gear)
- Fixed: Users can no longer crash the program by typing spaces between numbers in a textbox and performing a search
- Fixed: Pandora's Box now correctly calculates seeds for DSi\3DS (5th Gen)
- Changed: Output to CSV is now Output to TXT because Excel does not handle CSVs with Japanese\Korean characters
- Removed: Search Within Results feature

Known bugs due to lack of research:
- Bug-Catching Contest and Safari Zone shows correct encounter slots but spreads for each frame may be incorrect
- Some Black\White successful fishing frames may actually be “Not a nibble”
- Cave Spots may sometimes produces Everstones and King’s Rocks instead of the listed item

- Added: Time column to Entralink encounter type, making it possible to aim for a specific nature on Entralink Pokémon
- Improved: 5th Gen searches now 500% faster when searching for a commonly used spread such as "physical flawless", "HP Ice 70", or "Trick Room" (thanks to chiizu)
This pleases me greatly. Fantastic job there OD, will be putting this into good work in the future.

- Added: Main window now shows 5th Gen cave spot appearance\item decisions for the Wild Pokémon (Cave Spot) encounter type
Took a look at that feature and the improvement is extremely helpful. The possible comment within the cave spot area still confuse me a bit (does it affect me getting shiny frames?), but I'll easily adjust. Can the cave spot encounter type be use for bridge Pokemon as well?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
This makes me extremely happy.

I'm starting to RNG all my Wonder Cards. The first one is the VGC Worlds '11 Scrafty, but I vaguely recall reading something that said it can't be RNG'd. Is that correct, or am I just imagining things?
Only the IVs can be RNG'd. Gender and nature are set.

This pleases me greatly. Fantastic job there OD, will be putting this into good work in the future.

Took a look at that feature and the improvement is extremely helpful. The possible comment within the cave spot area still confuse me a bit (does it affect me getting shiny frames?), but I'll easily adjust. Can the cave spot encounter type be use for bridge Pokemon as well?
Thanks, and "possible" means a frame that could possibly produce a dust cloud if you take a step at the right moment. There's a 20-step step counter that is saved and restored when you load a game, and a dust cloud only appears if you take that 20th step on a "possible" cloud frame. (If you hover over the column, you should see a tooltip that gives a description.) Unfortunately, I didn't add bridge Pokemon, but I can arrange that next version.

9.94 looks great! Unless I'm missing something, there's entirely no need for PokéRNG now that RNG Reporter can search faster than it, correct?

Also, can someone please explain Methods H-1, H-2, and H-4 to me? I know they use encounter slots, but that's about all I know. I'd like to be able to use encounter slots in Emerald RNG, but I have no idea how to get the game to produce Method H-2 spreads as opposed to Method 2, etc.

I'm trying to get (Standard Seed) a stationary in BW, i have already my parameters, and i was looking for a good spread. The page linked in the RNG says this (sry for the bad pic), so i picked 3 as Encounter Slot. No results in 2012, so i tried 2011, with these parameters, and that spread came out. Is that ok or i did something wrong? These Encounter Slot stuff are totally new to me

the encounter slot has nothing to do with the IVs, in fifth generation.
yes, you can use that spread, but then you have to go to the main window, select method "Gen 5 PIDRNG", paste that spread's seed and click generate; you will have to search a spread with your desired nature, gender, ability that also has "3" as encounter slot, or else you won't find amoongus.

then you have to go to the main window, select method "Gen 5 PIDRNG", paste that spread's seed and click generate; you will have to search a spread with your desired nature, gender, ability that also has "3" as encounter slot, or else you won't find amoongus.
Thanks!

RNG Reporter 9.94 is out, with a ton of new features. Here are some highlights:

- Added: Support for Cute Charm-affected spreads in searches, making it easier to find shinies

- Added: Time column to Entralink, making it possible to aim for a specific nature on Entralink Pokémon
- Added: Support for Cute Charm-affected spreads in searches
- Added: Gender filters to Capture tabs in Time Finder
- Added: Main window now displays the corresponding Chatot response for 4th and 5th Gen frames
- Added: Time Finder PIDRNG searches now show what ability the party lead needs in order to hit a result (ex. Synchronize, Cute Charm, Suction Cups for fishing)
- Added: Columns in Time Finder Capture can now be sorted
- Added: Manaphy egg support under 4th Gen Wondercards
- Added: Individual columns in Researcher can now be copied to the clipboard or CSV
- Added: Search results can now be copied with spaces in between results, instead of the IRC-unfriendly tabs, using Ctrl+D
- Added: Encounter slots for HGSS Headbutt encounters
- Added: Tooltips now pop-up to offer explanations for columns in search results
- Added: Adjacent Seed Tool
- Improved: Pandora’s Box now displays a live update of search results for 4th Gen
- Improved: DS Parameters now has a built-in IV range calculator
- Improved: Text boxes intended only for hex input now prevents pasting of non-hex characters
- Improved: Time Finder now split by generation to better organize tabs
- Improved: Scroll bars on lists of results now more responsive
- Improved: All Generate buttons now refocus control on the grid where results are displayed
- Improved: All search speeds increased
Standard Seed searches now 500% faster when searching for a commonly used spread such as “physical flawless”, “HP Ice 70”, or “Trick Room” (thanks to chiizu)
Main window now displays results faster when a high starting frame is selected

- Improved: DS Parameters now has the ability to perform parameter searches using roamer IVs
- Improved: Time Finder now allows user to search only for seeds with a certain number of keypresses
- Improved: 4th Gen Egg IVs displays the corresponding Elm responses for HGSS results, has progress bar, and has an improved adjacent searching features
- Improved: Donation box now lists all new features in scrollable box for netbook users
- Fixed: Use Results in Time Finder now places the correct language version in the Time Finder
- Fixed: Shiny Egg search now correctly displays HGSS International results
- Fixed: 5th Gen Swarm now displays correct swarm encounter slots
- Fixed: Max Frame textbox in Time Finder became misaligned on Windows computers running with Large Fonts displayed
- Fixed: an issue where Method J\K Super\Good Rod frames were not calculated correctly
- Fixed: Reset Characteristics now removes the Characteristics column
- Fixed: Max Shiny Offset no longer displays a warning if listed frame is below 39
- Fixed: an issue where Special Attack and Speed-related characteristic labels were swapped
- Fixed: an issue where the wrong Elm call was displayed for Wild Pokémon encounter type
- Fixed: Get More Times now takes the user to the correct seed type (4th Gen or C-Gear)
- Fixed: Users can no longer crash the program by typing spaces between numbers in a textbox and performing a search
- Changed: Output to CSV is now Output to TXT because Excel does not handle CSVs with Japanese\Korean characters
- Removed: Search Within Results feature

Known bugs due to lack of research:
- Bug-Catching Contest and Safari Zone shows correct encounter slots but spreads for each frame may be incorrect
- Some Black\White successful fishing frames may actually be “Not a nibble”
- Cave Spots may sometimes produces Everstones and King’s Rocks instead of the listed item
i guess the rnging ID in dsi problem is not solved in this version right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)