International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure my greeting will involve a lot of "You're USELESS, aren't you?" or perhaps "You're EASY WIN, aren't you?"

Looking forward to the wild accusations of people DCing again. Best of luck to everyone and may the best nation (Canada) win. Lets do this, Randy~

OT: Havak
Greeting: I love SNATCH! I love BIG PECKS, too!

oh wow,
Turn 1:
Quick Claw Tyranitar, CH Stone Edge KO Togekiss
I EQ, Opponent Garchomp avoids
Opponent Garchomp KOs mine with Dragon Rush.

Despite it QCing me again later on to hit my Abomasnow with Fire Blast, I somehow win by connecting with all my Blizzards in the Sandstorm. somehow their Metagross died to 2 Blizzards.

Battle Video:
30-44234-60397

R Inanimate clearly picking on the elementary school Japanese crowd. Better people will play later. I play at like 9:30 PM CST and always get competent people.

But how's your record now?

Battling in America starts tomorrow, right?

Why do the japs get a headstart? ._.

We start today. Pretty sure the event starts at Midnight JST, which is our afternoon.

Edit: I think I read wrong because I cannot find the post now on Serebii.

Edit2: Its in the first post of this thread:

with the tournament opening up straight after at 00:00 March 22nd JST (16:00 March 21st JST) and ending on 23:59 March 26th 2012 JST (15:59 March 26th UTC).

Edit3: Basically that means (because it says JST in brackets), 4 PM UTC on March 22nd, for the rest of the world. That is... about now. So you should try playing.

R Inanimate clearly picking on the elementary school Japanese crowd. Better people will play later. I play at like 9:30 PM CST and always get competent people.

But how's your record now?

It's currently 1:30 AM for them. I don't think I'm facing grade schoolers here. Also, I don't think grade schoolers have the tenacity to go with a Minimize Psych Up Store Power team, let alone using one at 1AM. >_>

EDIT: I'm at 5W - 2L, with 1543 and 0 D/Cs, and that's probably all the time I have to play at the moment until the "International" part of this tournament starts for real.

It's currently 1:30 AM for them. I don't think I'm facing grade schoolers here. Also, I don't think grade schoolers have the tenacity to go with a Minimize Psych Up Store Power team, let alone using one at 1AM. >_>

I'm at 4W - 2L, and at something around 1528 for rating

You'd be surprised. A lot of those younger children use stall teams. It is an entirely different mindset between North American elementary school children and Japanese/asian countries. But yes the time would say otherwise. I seem to recall a stall war between Shota and Santa in 2010 World Finals in Ubers of all things with Swagger Dialga's and Leech Seed stalling Cherrims.

Anyway,

I still say it should be open for everyone too based on the first post. They started it by Japanese time (midnight), which will give us an unusual start/finish time overseas. 1600 UTC is 11 AM EST / 8 AM PST (I believe).

Yeah, Japan's schedule for this tournament runs from Mar 22 12AM to Mar 26 11:59 PM, but on JST instead of UTC. So they start a few hours earlier than the rest, and also end a few hours earlier.

So far I've ran into mostly Goodstuffs teams, but also 1 Rain team, and 1 "Guard Share Minimize Psych Up Stored Power" team which took about 13 minutes to defeat and ended with me landing a CH Megahorn through +6 evade.

Yeah, Japan's schedule for this tournament runs from Mar 22 12AM to Mar 26 11:59 PM, but on JST instead of UTC. So they start a few hours earlier than the rest, and also end a few hours earlier.

They aren't running differently. The time schedule for the event was posted in JST. Ours, for North American games, is still running currently. UTC 1600 is the morning (11/8 respectively) for North America.

You guys with North American games should try playing. I'm at work currently and cannot.

They aren't running differently. The time schedule for the event was posted in JST. Ours, for North American games, is still running currently. UTC 1600 is the morning (11/8 respectively) for North America.

You guys with North American games should try playing. I'm at work currently and cannot.

And I'm doing school. I'll try soon.

And I'm doing school. I'll try soon.

I tried entering a few minutes ago, it didn't work for me.

Fair enough. Try again sometime early afternoon. Additionally, Dozz, I see you're reading the thread. You should try entering from Europe.

Edit: Nevermind. The official rules document (the PDF) in English states UTC 00:00 Thursday, March 22nd. That will be this evening in North America, and ~midnight to early Thursday morning in Europe.

Also, this gem:

Rules said:
The conditions for entering the ranking of the 2012 International Challenge are listed below:
① Players must complete a minimum of 10 matches that end in a win or a loss.
Players who do not complete a minimum of 10 matches will not be included in the ranking.
② Players with a significant number of disconnections during a match will be excluded from the ranking.
The criteria for determining this is as follows:
(Disconnections) / (Wins + Losses + Disconnections) = Disconnection Rate
For players with a rating of 1600 or higher:
Excluded from the ranking if their Disconnection Rate is at least 10 points higher than the overall average across all players.
For players with a rating of 1599 or lower:
Excluded from the ranking if their Disconnection Rate is at least 20 points higher than the overall average across all players.

Just tried again, still won't let me in. I'm guessing it'll start in about 5 hours, since that's when registration opened last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back