5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I just bought Black 2 and I decided to RNG for a TID/SID. From reading earlier post it looks like my calibration from Black 1 wont be the same in Black 2. How far in the game do I have to get before I can reliably find my games settings so I can RNG my TID/SID?
You at least have to beat the first GYM and receive the C-Gear.

I'm not sure if TID/SID manipulation in B/W2 is the same as B/W1.

So I got an egg that isn't what I was RNGing for. How do I use the hatched Pokemon's characteristics to determine the frame advancement that occurred?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ID/SID abuse is the same as BW1.
So I got an egg that isn't what I was RNGing for. How do I use the hatched Pokemon's characteristics to determine the frame advancement that occurred?
Right-click>Display Parents in Search...

Then you can use the characteristic, nature, etc. to narrow down what frame you hit and how far off you were (or if you missed the seed).

FINALLY got my flawless Genesect. Kiddu, it turns out that the Frame reported in Time Finder is correct and the one in RNGReporter is 2 off. Either way, my only advice to anyone trying to RNG in BW2 is to make sure your Timer0 is calibrated to when you hit it exactly on the second. Otherwise, I've found results ranging from 10F2 - 10F7 appearing nearly 1/4 second before AND after the second marker.

I know I was doing a Wondercard RNG and not breeding, but this might still be helpful. Every time I got the wrong Genesect, I used the Pokedex-IV checker to find its general IV range and used the Adjacent Seed Tool to find all the possible Timer0 Frames for my IV spread. It also displays the starting PIDRNG frame for each of those Timer0s so all you do is just add on the number of advancements to the PIDRNG that you did and compare.

to narrow down what frame you hit
THIS is the part I don't know how to do. Somebody please explain how to do this.

I'm aware of the adjacent seed tool, but it tells me to go catch a pokemon and then shows them on frames 14-20... which I don't see how that helps me at all except to confirm the seed.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
this is hard, my rng stops working as I begin. should I download it again?
Are you using Windows XP? If so, the latest version isn't compatible with it (an XP-compatible version will be released once all the basic features are done).

If that's not the problem: what precisely do you mean by "stops working"? If there's an error message or some other possibly helpful information, can you post it? Your problem is too vague to say what the cause is right now.
THIS is the part I don't know how to do. Somebody please explain how to do this.

I'm aware of the adjacent seed tool, but it tells me to go catch a pokemon and then shows them on frames 14-20... which I don't see how that helps me at all except to confirm the seed.
Don't use the adjacent seed tool. Paste the seed into the main window (make sure the method is set to BW (breeding) or BW (breeding, international) as appropriate) and generate the frames for it. Display parents as I explained previously. Then just look at the information for each frame and see if one of them matches the results you got.

Are you using Windows XP? If so, the latest version isn't compatible with it (an XP-compatible version will be released once all the basic features are done).

If that's not the problem: what precisely do you mean by "stops working"? If there's an error message or some other possibly helpful information, can you post it? Your problem is too vague to say what the cause is right now.

Don't use the adjacent seed tool. Paste the seed into the main window (make sure the method is set to BW (breeding) or BW (breeding, international) as appropriate) and generate the frames for it. Display parents as I explained previously. Then just look at the information for each frame and see if one of them matches the results you got.
Oh, alright, thanks.

Going for Genesect wondercard now. I assume it's not GLAN? Also, does it matter if I change "never shiny" to "may be shiny"? Why is this an option?
~Uiru

I can't find my parameters in the calibration process.

I'm following the steps in this video because I've read that the calibration process is the same in BW2.

I set my DS clock to the exact time of my parameter finder window, and set the target seconds on eontimer, then I start my game and sweet scent in victory road, then I catch a Pokemon and write the IV's, but everytime I search for results, I get none.

I'm using a DS lite.

This is a screenshot of my parameter finder window.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Going for Genesect wondercard now. I assume it's not GLAN? Also, does it matter if I change "never shiny" to "may be shiny"? Why is this an option?
~Uiru
I just finished RNGing the Genesect event. Yes, its standard Wondercard, not GLAN. I'd also keep it at Never Shiny, aside from the fact that it could screw up results, you also want to make sure you're doing everything right with BW2 RNGing in comparison to BW1.

Also, if you keep getting the wrong Genesect, use the Adjacent Seed Tool and Pokedex-IV checker to find what Frame and Timer0 you're hitting (The starting frame for each Timer0 is the starting PIDRNG frame for that seed. Just count how many advancements you did from that frame to compare results.)

I can't find my parameters in the calibration process.

I'm following the steps in this video because I've read that the calibration process is the same in BW2.

I set my DS clock to the exact time of my parameter finder window, and set the target seconds on eontimer, then I start my game and sweet scent in victory road, then I catch a Pokemon and write the IV's, but everytime I search for results, I get none.

I'm using a DS lite.

This is a screenshot of my parameter finder window.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
The calibration process is ALMOST the same in BW2 as BW1. The only difference is the Timer0 fluctuates a lot (within a small range). Timer0s should not longer be within Cxx range, but rather near 10E0 - 1130. Reading back in this thread I've found many people, including myself, to get a range near 10F2-10F7. Insert the 10E0 - 1130 range in the Timer0 box and you should probably get your parameters.

My bad, I wasn't reading that start of your post, Cefiro. I assume you're breeding in BW1.
Don't use everstones. It'll be more difficult to know which frame you landed on when confirming your PID Frame.

To know which PID Frame you are on, you can use the Chatot calls' pitches. It's easier that way, and somehow similar to Elm Calls back ni HG/SS. It advances the frame, and at the same time, verifies your seed. If you're not fond of that, get your egg immediately after an attempt to hit your seed, hatch that egg and check the nature of the Pokemon. Subtract that initial frame from your target frame and repeat the steps and this time, do the Chatot flips.

For example, RNG Reporter shows me an initial frame of 40 for a Hardy Nature, while my target frame is 50 for Jolly Nature. After getting the egg and hatching it, I get a Calm Nature, which is on 43. I repeat the whole process and do 7 Chatot flips before I get the egg.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
~Uiru
Xanderpitz is correct, it's not GLAN (since it's genderless). And that option is there because several Wonder Cards (they've all been Japanese so far IIRC) do not have the shiny block, so they can be either shiny or non-shiny. Genesect isn't one of those, so leave it as never shiny.

Trying to RNG Latios in the dream yard...anyone done this before? I noticed it forces you into the fight the first go around, so would it be best for me to save one step before the encounter and just chatter one frame or is there an easier way to do it?

Yes save one step before the encouter then advance your PIDRNG frame (chatot, saving) then move forward for the encouter... It won't mess up with the IVRNG...

So why is breeding a total mess in BW2? I know that is says it in the OP but I was wondering what specifically is making it so impossible? Also is there any other way to confirm your seed than Chatot calls? Because the tone of the chatot call is very subjective when compared to Elm calls or Coin Flips which are concrete indicators since Chatot calls are based upon what you hear and that can be skewed easily.

Oh, Eon Timer. Honestly, if you're using a DS Lite/Phat, which have the clock with the minute and seconds hand, you don't really need Eon Timer. It's for people using a DSi/3DS. I suggest trying to use the clock instead of Eon Timer, and taking the 1 second offset into account.

Yes, that's normal. The more you restrict your search criteria (like flawless IVs, min/max frame both set to one, etc. etc.) you get less results.

Edit@above post: Yes, it's pretty much the same, just that you can hit more timer0s in B2/W2.
So I've just tried to do it several more times with your advice in mind (the one-second offset). I've been getting the EXACT SAME pokemon each time (for each seed), with the same IVs/nature/species, but they're not the IV flawless Pokemon I'm looking for, so I'm guessing something must be systematically wrong with the way I'm doing this (or else I wouldn't get the same Pokemon with the same stats/nature every single time). It's either the calibration is off, or I'm doing something wrong starting the game. But I feel like I've followed the instructions. Is it likely that the calibration is off?

EDIT: I've done around 10 calibrations, and I get the exact same seeds in Time Finder. :(

I‘m trying to RNG azelf at route 23 and I’ve already got one. This azelf is shinny with the correct IVs I want, but do not have a timid nature.

I’m sure I have place a timid synch PM at the head of my party and the RNG reporter shows the PID frame is a synch one.

I dont know what I did wrong...(I've successfully RNGed a shinny latios with IVs I want at the dream yard,so I think my basic RNG steps is right)

ok im having some issue trying to RNG my genesect wondercard.

I have calibtrated and found my range of timer0's and selected a seed that falls in there, got my chatot set up and ready to go.

so im resetting on the right time (using eon timer to manage the extra 8 second delay for my console) and then listen to chatot 16 times (to advance to frame 66 from 48 that rng reporter is giving me.) but the stats Im getting are no where in the adjacent seed tool.

any ideas what i might be doing wrong?
Actually yes. First off make sure the Chatot has a recorded chatter. Next, 66-48 is 18 not 16. Otherwise, there should be no problem.

Just a quick question:
I'll get White 2 tomorrow. If I already know the parameters for my DS Lite (german) which I figured out using White 1, can I calculate the parameters for White 2 from those or do I need to re-calibrate?

Ok, I've done my calibration, know what I'm aiming for so I just need some clarification. I've done a ton of this stuff in HG/SS and earlier but B/W is all new to me.

I'm saved in front of Volcarona and want to hit the highlighted spread. So basically I just walk 2*128 steps with my team of 5 to get frame 10, but and then what? Do I save/chatter 338 times, 339 times, or do I subtract the initial 11 and only do it 328 times?

Sorry you probably get this all the time so thanks for any help :)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Ok, I've done my calibration, know what I'm aiming for so I just need some clarification. I've done a ton of this stuff in HG/SS and earlier but B/W is all new to me.

I'm saved in front of Volcarona and want to hit the highlighted spread. So basically I just walk 2*128 steps with my team of 5 to get frame 10, but and then what? Do I save/chatter 338 times, 339 times, or do I subtract the initial 11 and only do it 328 times?

Sorry you probably get this all the time so thanks for any help :)
That's an impossible shiny frame to hit. Every time you take step the PIDrng frame aka shiny frame will advance by 2. Since you need to take at least 256 steps{512 pid advances} to reach your iv frames, you see how only on that you go over your target.

Try to look for a seed with an iv frame of 1

That's an impossible shiny frame to hit. Every time you take step the PIDrng frame aka shiny frame will advance by 2. Since you need to take at least 256 steps{512 pid advances} to reach your iv frames, you see how only on that you go over your target.

Try to look for a seed with an iv frame of 1
Ahh that makes sense, I must have overlooked that bit -_- I thought it was just an area with wild pokes like grass or caves that did that (which I just found out is the case in Volcaronas room). Lucky I asked before trying lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)