5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
It's been a long time since i checked this thread... It is possible to RNG abuse Hidden Hollows? (I guess it is, but i want to be sure) And how is it done? It's just plain simple Stationary abuse or another method is needed?
Yes it is. Time finder has an option for Hidden Hollow (now Grotto) encounter types. They can't be shiny and are gender locked at the time they spawn. There's also a tab for abusing them when they spawn.

No matter how often I post this, no one responds. Will someone please help?

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile? I'm using Windows Vista BTW

Could it be that my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.
In the profile manager go file -> save and save profiles.xml somewhere that your program does have access to. It shouldn't save to system32 but because of how some antiviruses work they make the program incorrectly detect what folder RNG Reporter is running in.

For some reason my VCount is fluctuating on my 3DS XL. Anyone else experiencing this?
I've heard reports of this from other people but never seen it myself. Could you give a list of what parameters you're finding? Does using Eon Timer to start your game help with it?

Any idea when XP users will be able to do even the most basic RNGing? Not sure why you had to switch to the new .net stuff right when the english sequels came out…
When things settle down. RNG Reporter has so many more things that need to be fixed and added before I release a final Windows XP compatible version. The switch speeds up searches significantly.

Question:
Since RNG now supports European Black/White 2 I tried to recalibrate my Nintendo DS Lite.
Problem is, no matter how many times I try to search my Seed, RNG finds nothing.
Well I found one Seed but the seconds werent right (I started my game at 14 seconds while RNG told me 17 seconds, I also increased the range of the timer0 hoping to find a seed)
But to be honestly, I'm not sure if I did everything correct. I've read that RNGing is alomst the same as Black/White 1 except for the awesome timer0.

Can someone confirm if I did a mistake?

I'm using:
Nintendo DS Lite
Pokemon White 2 German
I'm about 90% sure that at least German White 2 is wrong maybe Black 2 as well. I'll try to get that fixed as soon as possible.
Seconds can be off by 1 or 2 seconds from when you actually start the game so it's possible the other seed is right. Check for consistent results.
EDIT:
Yep German White 2 was wrong. 9.96.3 will fix it.

"All Pokemon currently captured on the Dream Radar application will be sent to your Black 2 or White 2 game at the same time."

"Additionally, the exact behavior of the RNG when receiving both legendaries and non-legendaries at the same time has not been researched."

You have two Shuckle and a Landorus.

In other words, you can't do it.
Wait really? That sucks! Edit: Except, I just tried it with Landorus in slot 1 and it did work, so I don't understand what you were trying to tell me, but I just did a flawless Adamant Landorus, so whatever!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Wait really? That sucks! Edit: Except, I just tried it with Landorus in slot 1 and it did work, so I don't understand what you were trying to tell me, but I just did a flawless Adamant Landorus, so whatever!
It could be possible we just haven't researched it yet. Don't expect it to be researched too quickly. You could try figuring it out yourself if you want.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I've heard reports of this from other people but never seen it myself. Could you give a list of what parameters you're finding? Does using Eon Timer to start your game help with it?
Using Reshiram as my calibration mon, I've gotten the following:

VCount - Timer0
AD - 167E
AC - 1671
AD - 167B
AD - 167D x5
AC - 1673

I'm still experimenting. Also Adjacent Seed Tool needs to be offset by a Min/Max frame of 3 to get exact adjacent seeds (if I leave it at 1/1 it's off). I suspect this is because of Memory Link, no?

*edit* was able to hit my seed with AD - 167D, so it appears to be semi-stable. PID generation seems different than BW1, I had to select encounter type as Wild Pokemon instead of Stationary Pokemon for Reshiram to get the nature I actually hit. I'll keep editing this post with Vcount - Timer0 combos I hit. I am using EonTimer.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thank you for confirming that the legendaries are received before the non-legendaries. This is useful information for everyone.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
After more testing, I was definitely bouncing between a few different Timer0 and VCount combinations, mainly:

AC - 1671
AC - 1673
AD - 167D
AD - 167E

So not only is Timer0 wildly fluctuating in BW2, but now you need to know if your VCount is wildly fluctuating. At least on a 3DS XL, I haven't tried my other DS systems yet. White 2 for the record.

I was definitely using EonTimer which at least helped me to hit my time consistently, but it was little help for me in hitting the proper VCount and Timer0 combo. Almost makes me pine for C-gear seeds again.

Just a question about the encounter slot tables:
Is there a place telling us which location is which? I'm currently only seeing each place labled as "Location X" so you can understand it is rather difficult finding out which corresponds to where.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
guys! what's the earliest location where you can find your parameters in B2? By that I mean, a place without wandering NPCs ^

Thank you ^.^

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
guys! what's the earliest location where you can find your parameters in B2? By that I mean, a place without wandering NPCs ^

Thank you ^.^
Virbank Complex (exterior). Though, they're like levels 10-12 :/

If you choose to wait a little bit, you can do it in Castelia's Park, which are levels 15-18.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Virbank Complex (exterior). Though, they're like levels 10-12 :/

If you choose to wait a little bit, you can do it in Castelia's Park, which are levels 15-18.
Virbank Complex would probably be easiest if you trade over a ton of Rare Candies and a Sweet Scent Pokemon.

I can't seem to hit the right seed for Reshiram. I was able to RNG Genesect, but following the settings in Titan's RNG Guide isn't working at all. I might take a step back, and redo all my calibrations. Or am I missing some sort of change?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The seed period? Or just the spread you're after?

If you're verifying by Chatot pitch neither Dragonspiral Tower (both B/W1 and 2) nor N's Castle (B/W1) has random PIDRNG advancements.

I can't seem to hit the right spread in BW2. Have any of the settings changed, or should I keep following the guide and blame it on timer0 trolls?

I had no problems doing so in BW.

Is there a way to know what your PID frame is? I'm trying to catch a timid Borutorso(thunder genie), and do synchronizers work in this game for roamers?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't seem to hit the right spread in BW2. Have any of the settings changed, or should I keep following the guide and blame it on timer0 trolls?

I had no problems doing so in BW.
Probably just Timer0. There are absolutely no RNG advancements in the area.
Is there a way to know what your PID frame is? I'm trying to catch a timid Borutorso(thunder genie), and do synchronizers work in this game for roamers?
Sync doesn't work on roamers. You would first have to hit the correct IVs, then you check PID via characteristic/nature.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is it just me, or for BW2 is the initial PIDRNG frame not matching what RNGReporter says it should be? I've gotten some extremely oddball results. Crazy things like the actual PIDRNG frame hit being +30 to +100 from what RNGReporter says it should be, without NPC interference even.

Thank you for confirming that the legendaries are received before the non-legendaries. This is useful information for everyone.
Ahaha, no worries! Yea, when I used the transfer, the animation showed Landorus first, then the two Shuckles and the items. I can most certainly confirm that legendaries take priority for slot 1 and presumably so on and so forth.

Is it just me, or for BW2 is the initial PIDRNG frame not matching what RNGReporter says it should be? I've gotten some extremely oddball results. Crazy things like the actual PIDRNG frame hit being +30 to +100 from what RNGReporter says it should be, without NPC interference even.
I think I've been having these issues too.

Hey so I was having a problem in version 9.6.1 that I hoped would be fixed in 9.6.2, but it was not. After checking the development notes I found that the bug is known, the discrepancy between the main page and time finder frames for Wondercard. However it appears you do not know the cause and I think I have found it out. I edited my profile and unclicked the memory link checkbox and the discrepancy went away, the two frames matched. It appears the main page is not correctly taking memory link into account even in the black and white 2 button is checked. Hope this helps.

Hey so I was having a problem in version 9.6.1 that I hoped would be fixed in 9.6.2, but it was not. After checking the development notes I found that the bug is known, the discrepancy between the main page and time finder frames for Wondercard. However it appears you do not know the cause and I think I have found it out. I edited my profile and unclicked the memory link checkbox and the discrepancy went away, the two frames matched. It appears the main page is not correctly taking memory link into account even in the black and white 2 button is checked. Hope this helps.
I didn't have memory link checked and I still had the 2 frame difference so I don't think that's it.

On another note, how much do the NPC's advance the PID frame when going for a shiny starter in BW2? Do I just need to do it trail-by-error and hope I save the right number?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I give up RNGing a shiny Kyurem in White 2, I just can't get a consistent nature even when I can hit the same IV seed repeatedly. There must be some underlying cause.

For example, seed 7E4BB60BF1219538. IVs are confirmed the same
PID no advance = naughty nature (RNG reporter says it should be Docile)
1 advance = Docile (+1 above Naughty, no problem)
repeat, 1 advance = Impish (+2 above the previous test)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)