Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry no screenshots because it was from a random battle I already closed, but noticed a bug in PP reporting for moves involving Zoroark's illusion. When Zoroark uses a move while appearing as a different pokemon that move gets added to the other pokemon's move list and PP count, even though that pokemon clearly cannot have 5 moves and, in this case, Furfrou definitely can't use Nasty Plot.

Algorithm for building teams in Gen7 Factory seems wonky. Got two teams with three megas on them already, which seems quite unviable. Also got a Growth/Sludge Bomb/Solarbeam/HP Fire Venusaur with no Sunny Day anywhere on the team.

The opposing Uxie used Knock Off!
Barbaracle lost 25.6% of its health!
The opposing Uxie knocked off Barbaracle's rockniumz!

Happen in gen 7 bf, z move didnt even work

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
[Gen 7] Hackmons Cup: Silvally-Fairy
Silvally-Fairy immune to Moongeist Beam (Turn 4) and taking neutral damage from Sludge (Turn 6).
Isn't holding a Fairy Memory, but that probably shouldn't make it behave like a Normal type in Hackmons Cup.

Battle replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-711900836
That's how it works, it needs RKS System + the Memory to be Fairy-type. The game just defaults it to normal, in the same vein as say Arceus-Fairy without Fairium Z or Pixie Plate, in Hackmons Cup.

That's how it works, it needs RKS System + the Memory to be Fairy-type. The game just defaults it to normal, in the same vein as say Arceus-Fairy without Fairium Z or Pixie Plate, in Hackmons Cup.
Oh, all right. I found it to be a bit misleading since hovering the cursor over Silvally showed its type to be Fairy and not Normal.
Thanks for the reply.

A sea of fire (generated by Fire Pledge+Grass Pledge) is supposed to deal damage on the 4th turn and then disappear, but it just disappears without doing damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-712560649

Please excuse the FEAR strats for a second and realize that endeavor... failed?
The only reason Endeavor could fail in this scenario is that you invested HP EVs into your Lv. 100 Aron (when adopting the FEAR strategy, it should be at Lv. 1. Since you had a Lv. 2 Probopass, I think you just forgot to adjust the levels) and it had a greater or the same amount of HP than Breloom, which is possible when Aron has at least 80 HP EVs more than Breloom.

Edit: Greninja'd

I never really got round to reporting this so it may have been fixed now since I'm a year late, but in case it hasn't, here's a potential bug I found.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fullpotential-541712323

In turn 6 of the above replay, Accelgor moves before my Regice under Trick Room. It did not use priority, nor did I use a move with negative priority. My Regice was Assault Vest and I clicked Ice Beam. Looking at the replay, it should be obvious enough that there's absolutely no way my Trick Room Regice had more Speed than his Accelgor. Even in turn 5 I clicked Shadow Sneak but his Water Shuriken moved first. My priority move should move before his when under Trick Room.

I asked around and eventually found that if a Pokemon has 1809+ Speed, it effectively ignores Trick Room. Such a Speed stat was possible to reach with an Accelgor at +4 with Unburden activated. This was a glitch in the games that was around since like Gen 5 but I assume it was fixed in Gen 6 at least. Anyway, just wondering if the games still have this glitch or is PS not updated yet?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I never really got round to reporting this so it may have been fixed now since I'm a year late, but in case it hasn't, here's a potential bug I found.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fullpotential-541712323

In turn 6 of the above replay, Accelgor moves before my Regice under Trick Room. It did not use priority, nor did I use a move with negative priority. My Regice was Assault Vest and I clicked Ice Beam. Looking at the replay, it should be obvious enough that there's absolutely no way my Trick Room Regice had more Speed than his Accelgor. Even in turn 5 I clicked Shadow Sneak but his Water Shuriken moved first. My priority move should move before his when under Trick Room.

I asked around and eventually found that if a Pokemon has 1809+ Speed, it effectively ignores Trick Room. Such a Speed stat was possible to reach with an Accelgor at +4 with Unburden activated. This was a glitch in the games that was around since like Gen 5 but I assume it was fixed in Gen 6 at least. Anyway, just wondering if the games still have this glitch or is PS not updated yet?
It's still present in the games, so the replay doesn't showcase a bug.

The "show pms in chat rooms" -option does only work when using a relatively big browser window for me. I made two screenshots to illustrate that.
You can ignore that I screwed the /w command up once.

Last edited:
Assurance is doubling in base power as long as the initially targetted slot has taken damage, if the slot targetted is KO'd the redirected hit remains double damage even when no damage has been dealt to the new target.
Presumably the sim gets it wrong for regular redirection too? Example: foe Jirachi uses Follow Me, ally Gengar uses Sludge Wave, and ally Bisharp uses Assurance but was trying to target foe Celebi.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
There's a minor quirk with the relation between Encore, Prankster and the Dark type immunity that the Simulator doesn't entirely re-create.

On cartridge: When a Prankster Pokemon Selects a regular attacking move, but is forced to use a status move by Encore before it gets to use the attacking move, the status move will be completely unaffected by Prankster, so it works on a dark type.
Proof:

On the simulator: The dark type is immune to the satus move in the previously mentioned situation as seen on turn 2 in this battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen72v2doubles-716326829 (replay is courtesy of The First Letter of the Alphabet#5160 on discord, who also initially wanted this mechanic to be tested in-game in the first place).

I haven't studied the code of the game or PS, but to me it seems like in-game, Prankster is activated at the beginning of a turn if the user selects a status move, then a dark type just checks if prankster is being activated before the move hits them. While on PS, it checks for whether the attacker has prankster and is using a status move as it is being attacked.

When a Prankster Pokemon Selects a regular attacking move, but is forced to use a status move by Encore before it gets to use the attacking move, the status move will be completely unaffected by Prankster, so it works on a dark type.
What if the Prankster Pokémon selected a different status move, but itself gets Prankster Encored into using the previous status move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)