Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advancing

Premise: this is where after 1 turn on the field without switching, a Pokemon ‘advances’. The ‘advancing’ effect means that the Pokemon gains 10% accuracy on all its moves (because its getting closer, less likely to miss). After 7 turns of being on the field, thus 7steps advanced, then the 8th turn, it gets to hit double the damage (bear in mind on that turn, accuracy is back to normal. After the double damage move, the Pokemon has a choice to switch out, or stay in and go back to 0 steps.

Banlist: Moves with low accuracy but high power might have to be banned, like Zap Cannon. OU clauses.

Questions for the community: Would anyone play this? Is it a decent idea? Any changes you would make? What do you think would get it approved?

Have fun! Ho3nConfirm3d can you do your theory building magic?

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Family Bond
Metagame premise: If the team include an active Pokemon from the same evolution line in the team, the Pokemon can hit twice, with the second hit having 50% less power than the first one. This effect doesn't stack, meaning that using an Eeveelution team only allows hit two times instead of six.

Here are some examples of how it will work:
  • Torracat + Incineroar: Hit twice
  • Fainted Smoochum + Jynx: Hit once
  • Slowbro + Slowking: Hit twice
  • Sylveon + Espseon + Jolteon: Hit twice

Banlist:
OU clause
Seismic Toss
Night Shade
Psywave
Super Fang
Power-up Punch

(Note: Nature's Madness is not banned since it's restricted to the Tapu and Smeargle.)

Unban:
Kangaskhanite

Potential Ban and threat:
While not broken per se, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z could be considered too over-centralization in this format. That's about it as for now.

Questions to the community:
Any other threats you can think of?
Should Kangaskhanite remain banned?
First off, metas inspired by abilities in game aren't likely to be implemented.

Also, this is a limiting meta as you would have pairs of similar typed and stat distributed mons, all for an over powered mechanic. Don't get me wrong, it can be worth it even if there was one pair, like Volc and Larvesta. But the difference between what is affected and the rest of the meta is too wide of a gap! You're giving sweepers an effect that lets them hit twice. The entire fabric of balance just unfolds. Teams would easily just be centered around having the fully evolved mon of the pair be supported for its sweep.

There's just little room for variability in playstyle or teambuilding because how similar typed and stat distributed most mons are in evolution chains. So when the only bonus you give is an offensive one when both are alive, it's easy to see that any rational player would build around this OP mechanic. And that just isn't healthy.

I'd recommend to tone down the offensive effect, and add a few more buffs for when the duo are still alive. Maybe a 25% increase in all stats for the fully evolved one, and an 50% increase for the unevolved one? You can ban eviolite and mons like chansey .

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Advancing

Premise: this is where after 1 turn on the field without switching, a Pokemon ‘advances’. The ‘advancing’ effect means that the Pokemon gains 10% accuracy on all its moves (because its getting closer, less likely to miss). After 7 turns of being on the field, thus 7steps advanced, then the 8th turn, it gets to hit double the damage (bear in mind on that turn, accuracy is back to normal. After the double damage move, the Pokemon has a choice to switch out, or stay in and go back to 0 steps.

Banlist: Moves with low accuracy but high power might have to be banned, like Zap Cannon. OU clauses.

Questions for the community: Would anyone play this? Is it a decent idea? Any changes you would make? What do you think would get it approved?

Have fun! Ho3nConfirm3d can you do your theory building magic?
The accuracy raising and damage buffing seem kind of random..? I get the idea that the mons are getting closer to eachother, but the execution here just is a little old.

But the main problem is that "accuracy increasing" metas don't really have much to work with. It's one thing to say "All attacks will have -- accuracy" and then ban moves like Zap Cannon or what not, but a small 10% increase per turn isn't that great nor game changing. And that wait to get a damage buff; 8 turns!?!? Not even regigas has to wait that long, and that mon is trash.

There really isn't a meta here. The accuracy buff is almost meaningless, and takes too long for most abusable moves like Sing or Focus Blast to become perfectly reliable. Same goes with the attack buff.

But I do think there is a meta with "gaining buffs for every turn you stay out." You can still call it advancing, and it can have an order of buffs that are gained at the end of the turn. The more turns you stay out, the more buffs you get, and they all stack until you switch out. You could have an order like:
Turn 1: None
Turn 2: +50% speed
Turn 3: +50% Attack/Special Attack
Turn 4: +50% Defense/Special Defense
Turn 5: +50% accuracy? Probably not, and likely just to end after turn 4, or you could restart the cycle and add an additional 50% speed.

You can ban Protect / Fake Out, and maybe even Sub, as they stall turns to get the buffs. But this would be cool as it be hard to revenge kill mons as they stayed in longer and have the stat raises; especially speed. Stall would try it's best to stop momentum and make sure their mons can survive to at least turn 4, as to get the defense buffs to can counter the opponent's attack buffs. This would totally be a meta where staying in is obviously advantageous, and phasing becomes more important. As far as building goes, you'd wanna take advantage of mons that offensively can "snowball" when they sweep, like Kartana or Magearna. Their abilities help raise their offensive capabilities with each KO, and that combined with the buff from turn 2 can guarantee most checks won't be able to get to turn 4.

It be a fun meta where players try to stay in to reap the benefits of the buffs, but then risk losing mons if they stay in on the wrong time. I believe this approach, where multiple stats and angles can be rewarded each turn is much better and variable than just increasing accuracy.

The accuracy raising and damage buffing seem kind of random..? I get the idea that the mons are getting closer to eachother, but the execution here just is a little old.

But the main problem is that "accuracy increasing" metas don't really have much to work with. It's one thing to say "All attacks will have -- accuracy" and then ban moves like Zap Cannon or what not, but a small 10% increase per turn isn't that great nor game changing. And that wait to get a damage buff; 8 turns!?!? Not even regigas has to wait that long, and that mon is trash.

There really isn't a meta here. The accuracy buff is almost meaningless, and takes too long for most abusable moves like Sing or Focus Blast to become perfectly reliable. Same goes with the attack buff.

But I do think there is a meta with "gaining buffs for every turn you stay out." You can still call it advancing, and it can have an order of buffs that are gained at the end of the turn. The more turns you stay out, the more buffs you get, and they all stack until you switch out. You could have an order like:
Turn 1: None
Turn 2: +50% speed
Turn 3: +50% Attack/Special Attack
Turn 4: +50% Defense/Special Defense
Turn 5: +50% accuracy? Probably not, and likely just to end after turn 4, or you could restart the cycle and add an additional 50% speed.

You can ban Protect / Fake Out, and maybe even Sub, as they stall turns to get the buffs. But this would be cool as it be hard to revenge kill mons as they stayed in longer and have the stat raises; especially speed. Stall would try it's best to stop momentum and make sure their mons can survive to at least turn 4, as to get the defense buffs to can counter the opponent's attack buffs. This would totally be a meta where staying in is obviously advantageous, and phasing becomes more important. As far as building goes, you'd wanna take advantage of mons that offensively can "snowball" when they sweep, like Kartana or Magearna. Their abilities help raise their offensive capabilities with each KO, and that combined with the buff from turn 2 can guarantee most checks won't be able to get to turn 4.

It be a fun meta where players try to stay in to reap the benefits of the buffs, but then risk losing mons if they stay in on the wrong time. I believe this approach, where multiple stats and angles can be rewarded each turn is much better and variable than just increasing accuracy.
I agree with almost all the points you made here. Your boosts just make the met overpowered man. How about:

Turn 1: none
Turn 2: +1 Atk and SpA
Turn 3: +1 Spe
Turn 4: +1 SpD / Def / Spe
Turn 5: double damage

Agree with the Sub ban and Fake Out, but Protect is like, uh, what? A meta that bans protect? Maybe I should have it so that you can’t advance while using a status move? Would that work?

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
I agree with almost all the points you made here. Your boosts just make the met overpowered man. How about:

Turn 1: none
Turn 2: +1 Atk
Turn 3: none
Turn 4: +1 all stats
Turn 5: double damage

Agree with the Sub ban and Fake Out, but Protect is like, uh, what? A meta that bans protect? Maybe I should have it so that you can’t advance while using a status move? Would that work?
Why did you choose attack over special attack? It just comes off as biased. And also, you said my boosts "make the meta overpowered," but you're giving +1 to all stats followed by double damage! Thats absurd! At turn five, physical attackers are at +2 attack AND can do double damage on top of that. I mean with that mechanic, not even Unaware mons are safe. Do you really want me to show you how broken that be?

Banning Protect isn't that radical of an idea. Some metas have done it in the past, but its really just a way to avoid people spamming it to gain the turn buffs. The meta would recover fine without it for the most part.

Advancing with a status move would work fine, same with using an attacking move. You could even make it a two way street; advance with attacks, back up with status moves. Backing up could raise defenses but lower attack, and advancing would raise attack and accuracy but lower defense.

Just a thought, you don't have to go down that route, especially because thats starting to become pet mod territory.

Why did you choose attack over special attack? It just comes off as biased. And also, you said my boosts "make the meta overpowered," but you're giving +1 to all stats followed by double damage! Thats absurd! At turn five, physical attackers are at +2 attack AND can do double damage on top of that. I mean with that mechanic, not even Unaware mons are safe. Do you really want me to show you how broken that be?

Banning Protect isn't that radical of an idea. Some metas have done it in the past, but its really just a way to avoid people spamming it to gain the turn buffs. The meta would recover fine without it for the most part.

Advancing with a status move would work fine, same with using an attacking move. You could even make it a two way street; advance with attacks, back up with status moves. Backing up could raise defenses but lower attack, and advancing would raise attack and accuracy but lower defense.

Just a thought, you don't have to go down that route, especially because thats starting to become pet mod territory.
Changed the boosts in my earlier post. ‘Advancing with a status move would work fine, same with using an attacking move. You could even make it a two way street; advance with attacks, back up with status moves. Backing up could raise defenses but lower attack, and advancing would raise attack and accuracy but lower defense. I like this idea, and I’m changing it to this.

I wonder how this idea would work (I can't seem to find an idea like this so I'm going to assume no one has posted it yet). I am also unable to think of a better name lol.

Statusmons
Metagame Premise: This is an OU based metagame. Pokemon can learn all status moves (Protection, status inflicting, setup, hazards).

Potential Bans: OU clauses, Shell Smash, Geomancy, Quiver Dance, Tail Glow, Substitute, Block+Imprison+Transform, Prankster.
Potential Threats:
1. HO, because everything gets like hazards and Prankster is banned.
2. Setup sweepers that already have Substitute, like Zygarde or Suicune

Questions for the community:
1. Does the name explain what this meta is?
2. Should certain status moves be banned from certain Pokemon? [Complex bans] (Shift Gear on Mega Mawile, something like that)
3. Should Prankster be banned? I feel like it's really good on paper, but I'm not sure how it will do in practice.

Ok, well, uh, how are you going to dictate what changes the type?

The user's primary type? Maybe correlating with the elemental plates? And/or Z moves?
And does it affect all moves, or maybe just the one in the first moveslot?

Also, is it me or does this sound like a meta we've had before?

I say that the elemental plates or z moves when held will change the type of the move in the first moveslot to match the plate. The plates can still give the normal 20% buff to the corresponding type, and z moves still function like normal.

Note that this method:
1. Limits the moves affected to only the first move. Interpretations where multiple moves are affected and maybe with multiple type changes are not legal here.
2. Limits the item slot. You can't both have a valuable item like Leftovers or Choice Scarf and have a unique typed move.

Overall threats to watch in this method:
1. Every mon can potentially have a 102 bp physical attack of any type thanks to Return/Frustration
2. Priority of all types.
3. Pursuit can trap mons and be super effective to anything.
4. Boomburst, Double Edge, V Create, and High Jump Kick are all niche but can change type for high powered coverage
5. Freeze Dry like you said can be any type, and yes can match well with other Water resists like Fire and Water.
6. While each team only gets one Z move user, it can be devastating thanks to the newly typed attack.
7. This meta favors offense, and stall doesn't get much if anything to abuse. Maybe a Thunder Wave that hits Ground types? Yeah, there isn't much here for true stall

Just a few sets:

Serperior @ Flame Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Glare

Why use Dragon Pulse when Energy Ball is stronger and can lower special defense? Anyways, Fire/Ground coverage is a blessing and Serp can get rid of most of its type based checks. Still is threatened offensively and by huge special walls like Pex and Chansey.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamanet Nature
- Last Resort / Return
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Might be a stretch, but the new Ghostium Z improvment for Last Resort makes it incredible:
+2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 92 Def Ferrothorn: 288-339 (81.8 - 96.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 313-369 (78.8 - 92.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Not to mention it doesn't take too much set up to just use Last Resort normally. If it's too much of a gimmick, there's always Return. A strong Ghost STAB is what Mimkyu needs no doubt.

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

This is essentially the suggested Steelium Z set, but it alows Heatran to have Lava Plume, Magma Storm, and Fire/Steel STAB coverage all in only 2 moves instead of 3. Magma Storm also helps buff the power of Corkscrew Crash, and can be a killer on mons like Clef or Lele.

Greninja @ Earth Plate
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Return
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- U-Turn / Low Kick

A great physical attacker, Protean Gren can really become anything it wants. I say go with Ground, as Groundium Z sets with Dig are already popular to hit assvest Mag or Pex.

Hope I didn't invade your idea too much, just figured I'd lay a possibility out for ya considering you didn't give too many parameters.
Actually, thank you for doing this! I loved reading the sets and i think the plate/z crystal idea will help balance it out! Return might have to be banned but i would have to wait for actual test runs ha ha

Also Toxic can now hit anything, fun

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
I wonder how this idea would work (I can't seem to find an idea like this so I'm going to assume no one has posted it yet). I am also unable to think of a better name lol.

Statusmons
Metagame Premise: This is an OU based metagame. Pokemon can learn all status moves (Protection, status inflicting, setup, hazards).

Potential Bans: OU clauses, Shell Smash, Geomancy, Quiver Dance, Tail Glow, Substitute, Block+Imprison+Transform, Prankster.
Potential Threats:
1. HO, because everything gets like hazards and Prankster is banned.
2. Setup sweepers that already have Substitute, like Zygarde or Suicune

Questions for the community:
1. Does the name explain what this meta is?
2. Should certain status moves be banned from certain Pokemon? [Complex bans] (Shift Gear on Mega Mawile, something like that)
3. Should Prankster be banned? I feel like it's really good on paper, but I'm not sure how it will do in practice.
I am almost certain that this was a meta that was made and actually was an OMotM back in gen 6, or even gen 5.

I don't remember how it went in execution, but in theory it's not the worst.

Also, your "potential bans" can more so be like "banned for everything expect original users," much like Mix and Mega still lets Mawhile hold its mega stone, but nothing else. That way the niche users of Shell Smash or Tail Glow can still be used if needed.

As far as actual bans, why Sub? Lol is it because it blocks status attacks? Thats not really going to be an issue. The meta is going to no doubt be based on the new potential set up sweepers, and the new toys that walls now get to play with. For a decent but probably incomplete list, ban: Geomancy, Shift Gear, Quiver Dance, Belly Drum, Tail Glow, and Copycat (Copycat + Whirlwind effect tends to be game breaking). Maybe ban: moves that have a Z move that increase each stat (Celebrate, ect.), Electrify, Spore, Strength Sap, and Prankster.

Set up sweepers still have DD, Coil, Nasty Plot, Agility, and SD to take advantage of, while walls can have any recovery move they want (preferably Strength Sap if it isn't banned), status in Wisp/Twave, Leech Seed, Heal Bell, and even better protect moves in Baneful Bunker, Kings Shield, or Spiky Shield. Of course hazards can be everywhere, but then so can be defog. Minor influences can be seen with Topsy Turvy / Heart Swap on Unaware mons, Trick Room on anything, and of course Taunt on anything for stall breaking and generally shutting down all these new status users.

Potential Sets:

Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web / Spikes
- High Jump Kick / Memento

The fastest mold breaker there is, can easily guarantee a hazard like SR or webs. Taunt helps it be an anti lead, and you can either route for HJK and damage, or Memento to prevent Rapid Spin and make the target set up fodder.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Waterium Z / Darkium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Dual STAB Ash Gren can abuse Nasty Plot and then a Z move to tear through most mons and secure the Battle Bond transformation. From there, Dark Pulse and Water Shuriken might be all you need with the right team support. Note that the right Z move at +2 makes all the difference to some of the would-be ash-gren checks (calcs are before transformation):
+2 252 SpA Greninja Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 249-294 (82.1 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 SpA Greninja Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 267-315 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252 SpA Greninja Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 363-427 (85.4 - 100.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Greninja Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 204-241 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- King's Shield / Recover
- Topsy-Turvy / Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes / Defog

I seriously think Recover can be optional when you have Black Sludge + Leech Seed + Regenerator all to get health back. You're a special tank, but then Kings Shield can help with Physical Attackers. Then you got Topsy Turvy to really upset set up sweepers, or you can include your choice of hazards somewhere in the mix.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Ice Shard

Mamo's Ground/Ice STABs are really, really good in an OU based meta. Giving it SD lets it be a total wall breaker, and with Adamant LO not even Unaware walls are likely to be safe. There's also the possibility of running Taunt to secure those KOs on walls, and prevent them from going for Wisp or Leech. Otherwise, Ice Shard of course works great.

I made a few teams for mascots
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stored Power
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Whirlwind
- Bug Buzz
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell
Every mon on this team is capable of pulling off a fat sweep except for lando.
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
Dragonite @ Sky Plate
Ability: Multiscale
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Blast
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
dragonite and noivern are beastly with aerialate and skarm has unmatched utility in this meta.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off
Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
technician ash gren and kartana are the main abusers of this team. kart and scizor benefit greatly from magnezone and can knock off shed shells leaving few ways of defensively beating them. Spedef tar is here to be the fire resist to an otherwise extremely fire weak team
Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Spikes
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
Skarmory @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
ash gren and koko become extremely hard to switch into with the coverage nidoking brings. No one would ever expect suicide lead skarm in this meta.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
I made a few teams for mascots
Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stored Power
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Whirlwind
- Bug Buzz
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell
Every mon on this team is capable of pulling off a fat sweep except for lando.
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
Dragonite @ Sky Plate
Ability: Multiscale
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Blast
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
dragonite and noivern are beastly with aerialate and skarm has unmatched utility in this meta.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off
Kartana @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
technician ash gren and kartana are the main abusers of this team. kart and scizor benefit greatly from magnezone and can knock off shed shells leaving few ways of defensively beating them. Spedef tar is here to be the fire resist to an otherwise extremely fire weak team
Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Spikes
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
Skarmory @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
ash gren and koko become extremely hard to switch into with the coverage nidoking brings. No one would ever expect suicide lead skarm in this meta.
Awesome teams! Still really a big fan of this meta. The hyper stall and aerilte spam are deadly. I think the technician team is a bit underwhelming though, and anything with Fire/Fighting coverage (which I wouldn't be surprised be popular cause 8 moves) tears through it. Like the team below it, the Sheer Force team, can probably tear right through the Technician one. And at that point why not just go all out HO? And man that Sheer Force team is scary!

Here's some points I was theorizing about Mascot:
Offensive teams obviously are going to want to donate a threatening ability, set up moves, but above all else: coverage. Being an all out attacker with 8 types to choose from in ungodly. I mean even stall teams with some crazy defensive combos can break if Nido passes Ice/Fire/Ground coverage and Taunt, or No Guard Machamp passing Dynamic Punch/Fire Punch/EQ/BP to mons that may have Taunt or Mold Breaker themselves. Like everything can get shut down and has to fear for its life at that point lol
That being said, it'll be very hard to safely build balance / offensive teams with defensive type synergy in mind. At that point, why not just throw defense out the window and maximize on some obscenely OP offensive combos? I think this meta favors the hyper offensive and the hyper stall, and everything in between may have some trouble. Cause again, HO no longer has problems bringing dedicated stall breakers to their teams now that 5 out of 6 mons gets 8 moves to run around with. I think if you try to make a balance team here, you'll likely be clean swept. But we'll see!

Edit: Teams!

STAB Priority in Sucker / Shadow Sneak, providing a tried and true Fighting/Ghost/Dark coverage. Recover is also a godsend to these bulkier attackers, as they can set up and shrug off damage. It's worth noting how Sucker/Sneak can eliminate weakness to a lot of mons here, as so they can easily set up the following turn now that they aren't taking super effective damage.

Kecleon @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Recover
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off

Zygarde @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Megahorn
- Horn Leech

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off

The idea here is to Perish Trap everything. Sure there might be better perish trappers than Murkrow, but providing Prankster can help get those priority recovery moves, Haze for set up sweepers, and most importantly Taunt to prevent being taunted yourself. Your biggest threat are Dark types + Psychic Surge, as your status attacks are then useless

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Taunt
- Mean Look
- Perish Song

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Stealth Rock

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Soak
- Counter

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect
- Knock Off

This is a shitty No Guard example, but nontheless it just shows off how scary great physical coverage can be with just some minor support.

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Rock Tomb

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Zygarde @ Aguav Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute

Last edited:
I was thinking of a meta where every Pokemon could have abilities their pre-evolutions or mega evolutions could have, as well as their normal ability. So Salamance could have Sheer force and Moxie and Aegislash could have No Guard and Stance Change.

What would be really broken in this meta?
Would any of you play it?

BANLIST------------
Pokemon of Uber tier or higher. However, you can still inherit abilities from them.
Excadrill - Sand force and Sand Rush is waaayyy too broken for the meta.
Sylveon - Adaptability and Pixilate is powerful with hyper voice.
90 x 1.2 x 2 = 216 base power...
If y'all could think of other powerful combos, that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I came up with this meta in my sleep. Not sure if it's actually a Pet Mod, and I haven't come up with a good name for it yet. Without further ado, let me present

Eevee Mons

Inspired by Eevee's special moves in Pokemon Let's Go, the attacks in the first two slots have a secondary effect based on what type it is.

Water- Heals 50% of the damage dealt
Fire- Burns the target
Electric- Paralyzes the target
Grass- Inflicts Leech Seed on the target
Psychic- Sets up Light Screen
Dark- Sets up Reflect WTF Game Freak? You have the type with the the coolest effects, and waste it on Reflect?
Ice- Eliminates all stat changes
Fairy- Cures all status on your team

Here's a sample set featuring, who else, Volcarona:

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower / Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Bulkarona now has the ability to cripple physical attackers, helping it to set up on even more Pokemon.

In general, I predict defensive mons to benefit the most from the changes in this meta.

Questions:
  • None at the moment

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
I came up with this meta in my sleep. Not sure if it's actually a Pet Mod, and I haven't come up with a good name for it yet. Without further ado, let me present

Hidden Eevee Mons

Inspired by Eevee's special moves in Pokemon Let's Go, Hidden Power has a secondary effect based on what type it is.

Fire- Burns the target
Dark- Sets up Reflect WTF Game Freak? You have the type with the the coolest effects, and waste it on Reflect?
Flying- Sets up Tailwind
Poison- Badly Poisons the target OR sets up Toxic Spikes
Ghost- Confuses the target OR inflicts Curse on the opponent
Bug- Sets up Sticky Web OR traps the target OR lowers the target's speed by 2 stages
Rock- Sets up Stealth Rocks OR grounds the target
Ground- Sets up Spikes OR traps the target OR lowers the target's speed by 1 stage
Fighting- Raises the user's Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage
Dragon- Raises the user's Speed by 1 stage
Steel- Raises the user's Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

This variation on Bulkarona trades power on its Fire STAB for the ability to cripple physical attacks, helping it to set up on even more Pokemon.

In general, I predict special attackers and defensive mons to benefit the most from the changes in this meta.

Questions:
  • Can anyone think of a better name?
  • To make it less like a Pet Mod, should only the Hidden Powers that correspond with the Eeveelution types get special effects? Like, HP Fire would burn the opponent, but HP Flying wouldn't set up Tailwind.
  • If it does get limited to just the Eeveelution types, should the effects be applied to all attacks of that type? All Fire attacks would burn the opponent, all Fairy attacks would cure your team's status conditions, etc.
Hear me out, I think you just need one change to make this more of a coherent meta idea and also not pet mod territory. So like you were suggesting, stick with only the 8 moves that starter-eevee gets. That way you aren’t subjectively making up new effects for the missing types. Then, make it so that these 8 attacks still correspond with the user’s hidden power type, but add the effect to any of the users damage dealing attacks. You can make it just the first attack in the moveslot, or all of them, but this makes it so that mons have much more variability into what they can take advantage of. Physical attackers can have the health regen of Splishy Splash now, and you can have prioirty burns with Sizzly Slide (god I hate these names). Just a ton more to do here, and could be a lot of fun building.

This would then rely on remembering the IV spreads that correlate to each HP, as Showdown no longer changes them manually (I forgot why this is, something changed ingame?) Also, one of the moves is Fairy typed, which cant be a hidden power :/ don’t know how u wanna go about including or not including that. Maybe a type that isnt already taken can have the Spitzy Swirl effect, like Steel or Ground?

Anyways, some ideas:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Curse
- Roost
- Knock Off

These IVs should be for HP Psychic, which would add the Glitzy Glow effect of Light Screen. Now Scizor can BP to give it some special defense if needed, and continue to set up!

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power

Same concept as before, but now for burning.

Theres more here than just these sets, but figured you can flesh it out more.

Hear me out, I think you just need one change to make this more of a coherent meta idea and also not pet mod territory. So like you were suggesting, stick with only the 8 moves that starter-eevee gets. That way you aren’t subjectively making up new effects for the missing types. Then, make it so that these 8 attacks still correspond with the user’s hidden power type, but add the effect to any of the users damage dealing attacks. You can make it just the first attack in the moveslot, or all of them, but this makes it so that mons have much more variability into what they can take advantage of. Physical attackers can have the health regen of Splishy Splash now, and you can have prioirty burns with Sizzly Slide (god I hate these names). Just a ton more to do here, and could be a lot of fun building.

This would then rely on remembering the IV spreads that correlate to each HP, as Showdown no longer changes them manually (I forgot why this is, something changed ingame?) Also, one of the moves is Fairy typed, which cant be a hidden power :/ don’t know how u wanna go about including or not including that. Maybe a type that isnt already taken can have the Spitzy Swirl effect, like Steel or Ground?

Anyways, some ideas:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Curse
- Roost
- Knock Off

These IVs should be for HP Psychic, which would add the Glitzy Glow effect of Light Screen. Now Scizor can BP to give it some special defense if needed, and continue to set up!

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power

Same concept as before, but now for burning.

Theres more here than just these sets, but figured you can flesh it out more.
Yeah, I think I'm going to ditch the effects of non-eeveelution types. Now I'm torn between your idea and having all moves that share a type with an Eeveelution have the effects. Your idea has the advantage of allowing Pokemon with movepools that don't align with the Eeveelution types to participate in the meta goodness, while my idea lets you have multiple effects on a single mon, and also not having to mess around with Hidden Power IVs. I guess it all depends on whether stuff like this is interesting or super obnoxious:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

Hidden Type was only tolerable because in gen 6 the teambuilder could set Hidden Power IVs for you and you didn't have to worry about remembering it. I recommend doing whatever it takes to avoid needing to use Hidden Power IVs.

The idea of tying the effects to moves of the same type sounds fine, though like you I hesitate to give a 100% burning attack to every mon that can run a Fire move. Perhaps it could be implemented to only apply to the first moveslot (i.e. that Clefable set you posted would clear status with Moonblast, but the other moves function normally; to let it burn stuff, you would need to put Flamethrower in the first slot).

Another option could be to slot in the name of an Eevee move as your ability, and then have all damaging moves create that effect. This seems fair on paper, since stuff like "paralyzes the foe with every attack" and "each attack heals you for 50% of damage dealt" sound like abilities to me, and there would be a material cost to exploiting Eevee moves, and hence adds some strategic depth. However, this could possibly be too spammable: If every move paralyzes the target, then you don't need to think too hard about which attack to click. And that's not great.

The most restrictive, yet hardest to make unbalanced, would be to combine the two ideas: By replacing its ability with an Eevee move, a mon adds that move's effect to the attack in their first moveslot. OR, by replacing its ability with an Eevee move, a mon adds that effect to all moves of that type. The second way will at least guarantee you that you don't need to pivot your Electric-type into a Buzzy Buzzified Earthquake, or Ferrothorn into a Sappy Seedified Flamethrower.

But yeah if the central mechanic can be nailed down and made (relatively) balanced, this seems like it could be a really fun meta. Without the need to use non-damaging attacks to access special effects, offensive teams get access to utility they could only dream of otherwise, while bulky teams can apply offensive pressure in ways they couldn't before.

Hidden Type was only tolerable because in gen 6 the teambuilder could set Hidden Power IVs for you and you didn't have to worry about remembering it. I recommend doing whatever it takes to avoid needing to use Hidden Power IVs.

The idea of tying the effects to moves of the same type sounds fine, though like you I hesitate to give a 100% burning attack to every mon that can run a Fire move. Perhaps it could be implemented to only apply to the first moveslot (i.e. that Clefable set you posted would clear status with Moonblast, but the other moves function normally; to let it burn stuff, you would need to put Flamethrower in the first slot).

Another option could be to slot in the name of an Eevee move as your ability, and then have all damaging moves create that effect. This seems fair on paper, since stuff like "paralyzes the foe with every attack" and "each attack heals you for 50% of damage dealt" sound like abilities to me, and there would be a material cost to exploiting Eevee moves, and hence adds some strategic depth. However, this could possibly be too spammable: If every move paralyzes the target, then you don't need to think too hard about which attack to click. And that's not great.

The most restrictive, yet hardest to make unbalanced, would be to combine the two ideas: By replacing its ability with an Eevee move, a mon adds that move's effect to the attack in their first moveslot. OR, by replacing its ability with an Eevee move, a mon adds that effect to all moves of that type. The second way will at least guarantee you that you don't need to pivot your Electric-type into a Buzzy Buzzified Earthquake, or Ferrothorn into a Sappy Seedified Flamethrower.

But yeah if the central mechanic can be nailed down and made (relatively) balanced, this seems like it could be a really fun meta. Without the need to use non-damaging attacks to access special effects, offensive teams get access to utility they could only dream of otherwise, while bulky teams can apply offensive pressure in ways they couldn't before.
I think just the first moveslot might be too little, but the first two moveslots might work. I'm not sure about turning the moves into abilities, as I don't want it to end up where Pokemon would rather keep their abilities (Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Azumarill come to mind).

Here are some sample sets where the first two moveslots have Eevee move effects. I'm also going to make it so that Hidden Power counts as a Normal-type move, so you can't slap HP Fire on just any defensive mon to spread burns.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Does what Celesteela normally does, but now with burns and untauntable Leech Seed.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / U-turn
- Explosion / U-turn

A dual screens suicide lead to facilitate some of the scary setup sweepers in this list.

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Physical attackers blessed with Play Rough have the ability to cure their own burns. The health drain from Aqua Jet helps heal the Belly Drum damage.

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Sticky Web

Alternatively, don’t get burned in the first place.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

VinCune, now ever harder to kill! Tanky water types are already pretty good, and the health drain makes them even tankier.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip / Seed Bomb
- Knock Off / Thunderbolt
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball / Knock Off

Grass attacks automatically having the Leech Seed effect means Ferrothorn is freed up a move slot.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs / Magnet
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Dazzling Gleam / Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Volt Switch / Dazzling Gleam

Koko’s blistering speed plus inflicting paralysis means that Electro Ball might finally see some use. Immunity to opposing paralysis is also nice.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness / Scald / Surf
- Defog
- Taunt

With all the status running around, Tapu Fini can protect your team with Misty Terrain and Moonblast.

Yeah, I think I like having it be the first two moveslots. It lets you stack multiple effects while still adding some depth by having you decide what two effects to have.

EDIT: Also, since it no longer has to do with Hidden Power, I'm changing the name to Eeveemons. That's a much better name.

Last edited:

Hidden Eevee Mons

Inspired by Eevee's special moves in Pokemon Let's Go, Hidden Power has a secondary effect based on what type it is.

Fire- Burns the target
Flying- Sets up Tailwind
Poison- Badly Poisons the target OR sets up Toxic Spikes
Ghost- Confuses the target OR inflicts Curse on the opponent
Bug- Sets up Sticky Web OR traps the target OR lowers the target's speed by 2 stages
Rock- Sets up Stealth Rocks OR grounds the target
Ground- Sets up Spikes OR traps the target OR lowers the target's speed by 1 stage
Fighting- Raises the user's Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage
Dragon- Raises the user's Speed by 1 stage
Steel- Raises the user's Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

This variation on Bulkarona trades power on its Fire STAB for the ability to cripple physical attacks, helping it to set up on even more Pokemon.

In general, I predict special attackers and defensive mons to benefit the most from the changes in this meta.

Questions:
  • Can anyone think of a better name?
  • To make it less like a Pet Mod, should only the Hidden Powers that correspond with the Eeveelution types get special effects? Like, HP Fire would burn the opponent, but HP Flying wouldn't set up Tailwind.
  • If it does get limited to just the Eeveelution types, should the effects be applied to all attacks of that type? All Fire attacks would burn the opponent, all Fairy attacks would cure your team's status conditions, etc.
Klefki oh god kelfki why

I am almost certain that this was a meta that was made and actually was an OMotM back in gen 6, or even gen 5.

I don't remember how it went in execution, but in theory it's not the worst.

Also, your "potential bans" can more so be like "banned for everything expect original users," much like Mix and Mega still lets Mawhile hold its mega stone, but nothing else. That way the niche users of Shell Smash or Tail Glow can still be used if needed.

As far as actual bans, why Sub? Lol is it because it blocks status attacks? Thats not really going to be an issue. The meta is going to no doubt be based on the new potential set up sweepers, and the new toys that walls now get to play with. For a decent but probably incomplete list, ban: Geomancy, Shift Gear, Quiver Dance, Belly Drum, Tail Glow, and Copycat (Copycat + Whirlwind effect tends to be game breaking). Maybe ban: moves that have a Z move that increase each stat (Celebrate, ect.), Electrify, Spore, Strength Sap, and Prankster.

Set up sweepers still have DD, Coil, Nasty Plot, Agility, and SD to take advantage of, while walls can have any recovery move they want (preferably Strength Sap if it isn't banned), status in Wisp/Twave, Leech Seed, Heal Bell, and even better protect moves in Baneful Bunker, Kings Shield, or Spiky Shield. Of course hazards can be everywhere, but then so can be defog. Minor influences can be seen with Topsy Turvy / Heart Swap on Unaware mons, Trick Room on anything, and of course Taunt on anything for stall breaking and generally shutting down all these new status users.

Potential Sets:

Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web / Spikes
- High Jump Kick / Memento

The fastest mold breaker there is, can easily guarantee a hazard like SR or webs. Taunt helps it be an anti lead, and you can either route for HJK and damage, or Memento to prevent Rapid Spin and make the target set up fodder.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Waterium Z / Darkium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Dual STAB Ash Gren can abuse Nasty Plot and then a Z move to tear through most mons and secure the Battle Bond transformation. From there, Dark Pulse and Water Shuriken might be all you need with the right team support. Note that the right Z move at +2 makes all the difference to some of the would-be ash-gren checks (calcs are before transformation):
+2 252 SpA Greninja Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 249-294 (82.1 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 SpA Greninja Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 267-315 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252 SpA Greninja Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 363-427 (85.4 - 100.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Greninja Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 204-241 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- King's Shield / Recover
- Topsy-Turvy / Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes / Defog

I seriously think Recover can be optional when you have Black Sludge + Leech Seed + Regenerator all to get health back. You're a special tank, but then Kings Shield can help with Physical Attackers. Then you got Topsy Turvy to really upset set up sweepers, or you can include your choice of hazards somewhere in the mix.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Ice Shard

Mamo's Ground/Ice STABs are really, really good in an OU based meta. Giving it SD lets it be a total wall breaker, and with Adamant LO not even Unaware walls are likely to be safe. There's also the possibility of running Taunt to secure those KOs on walls, and prevent them from going for Wisp or Leech. Otherwise, Ice Shard of course works great.
Hi thanks for your reply. Those are really nice potential sets and the current “banlist” seems solid!

It seems to me the tier is centralized around certain playstyles, like hazards stacking and setup, and having stally Unaware mons are pretty good in terms of checking setup.

How would it be possible to make this a potential OM?

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Hi thanks for your reply. Those are really nice potential sets and the current “banlist” seems solid!

It seems to me the tier is centralized around certain playstyles, like hazards stacking and setup, and having stally Unaware mons are pretty good in terms of checking setup.

How would it be possible to make this a potential OM?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rules-general-information.3587440/#post-7104234
Read the posts here to enter the stat submission!

Essentially there isn't a "Statusmon" or commonly submitted OM, and the premise is so simple so I think it can work fine. The only problem is that it might fall in between many similar OMs we have that increase movepools. It is still no doubt unique (from my digging around at least), but what I'm saying is that the "movepool increasing meta" might be a bit overplayed at this point. But who knows! This meta also falls under the "no bars" catagory, in that everything get buffs with no tradeoffs or stipulations, like STABmons or AAA. That's not a bad thing, just explaining that it totally be a power creep meta for sure.

When writing the submission post though I do recommend creating more sample sets / teams, and painting a picture of how you envision the meta will become. It helps to sell the idea of how things will play out, to hopefully inspire the council to want to play this meta itself. I can write a little of my own to help, but then its on you to be convincing. Good luck!

(teams are in consideration with the bans / potential bans, so no Prankster or Z-Forrest Curse):
Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- High Jump Kick
- Memento

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Glare
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Topsy-Turvy

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Shore Up
- Thousand Arrows

Magnezone @ Aguav Berry
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Here's a simple HO team I tried. Revolves around Hawlucha as that fast Mold Breaker with Taunt, SR, and Memento as the start. Then there's some cool sets here like Glare Bulu or Taunt stall breaking Zygarde, that can bait for a weaker HP Ice and sweep anything with just Thousand Arrows and Taunt alone, and of course Shore Up when you need recovery. The coolest set here is double dance Magnezone. Essentially, because you can trap Steel types, you can set up on Steel types that can't touch you, while they cant sweep. It's worth noting that even Chancey get's 2HKOd at +6. And again that can be reasonable because of this trapping effect, much like how in gen 6 Gothitelle would trap and set up. Obviously it's much more limited, and even among Steel types it isn't safe to set up on all of them (Heatran, Exca, Fightium Z / Volt Magearna, Whirlwind Skarm, U-Turn Scizor). Hell, every OU steel mon can put up a fight, but in an end game situation, guaranteeing the Agility or Nasty Plot might be all you need.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shore Up
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Shore Up
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Shore Up
- Moonblast
- Defog

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Taunt
- Seismic Toss
- Counter

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Shore Up
- Heart Swap
- Scald
- Earthquake

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Heavy Slam

Now stall building isn't my forte, but I think I did decent here. Essentially, the gimmick here is that Shore Up can replace all other recover clones, as it's always a 50% recovery at least, but then it's a 66.7% in sand. So, Hippowdown can share the sand and extra recovery to all the team, cause why not? Only Mega Sabeleye and Chancey are buffeted by the sand, but event the the extra health Shore Up more than makes up from the small chip. Unaware is of course extremely valuable in a meta where everything can set up (as well as the lack of other potential failsafes like Prankster Haze), so I used Quag. Heart Swap can then make Quag a reverse sweeper on either end with EQ or Scald, if it swaps an SD or NP or whatever of course. Pretty cool! The other invaluable mon here is Mega Sabeleye, as of course status attacks and hazards can be everywhere, so it's great to have a switch in. But even furthermore, it's good to have something that can block and send back Taunt, as stall totally takes a hit in this meta thanks to Taunt being available to everything.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Leech Seed
- Shore Up
- Gyro Ball

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Just a nasty rain team, give or take. Peliper can be an even better support with SR, Kings Shield + Leech Seed + Shore Up special def Ferro, Taunt NP Torn, SD mega Swamp, NP Waterium Z wallbreaking Ash-Gren, and Wisp Zapdos. Lol this whole team is a ton of fun and shows off the meta well I believe, and no doubt can be successful. At +2 and in rain, that Hydro Vortex is a monster on Gren, and Taunt with NP on Torn can hurt everything stall has to offer. You could even go full stall breaker with Roost instead of NP if you wanted, and it's worth noting most mons cant stomach an unboosted LO Hurricane anyways.

Hope you like the teams, and again good luck with the submission!

0 EVO Restrictions
Just a metagame idea that I wanted to put out there, as it seems pretty unique and pretty fun. An OM I probably won't submit but, I did want other people's thoughts on.

The Idea - Every Pokemon no longer has restrictions on their movepools or abilities. Any evolutionary pokemon can use all abilities and moves that other forms (including alolan), and other stages (including megas) have/learn. Not only that but, mega & form pokemon are not restricted by mega stones or whatever causes activation, and can hold items while being a seperate pokemon. So, Pikachu can use Surf, Nasty Plot, and Extreme Speed while having the ability Surge Surfer. This will be an OU based metagame.
This is an idea I want to bring back. It seems this idea was liked more than my other ideas. There are a few changes that I've made that I hope y'all will enjoy.

The Idea - Every NFE Pokemon can use any move and ability from their evolution chain (including megas, forms, and whatever else that has to do with evolution). This could make things very interesting for pre-evolutions as a lot of them have shallow movepools (cosmoem) and lack good coverage. I was thinking of having this be a NFE based metagame.
Bans will remain the same as the current NFE bans. Including the ban on baton pass, arena trap, protean, and shadow tag.
Potential threats - Pidgeotto, inheriting Pidgeot's movepool & Mega Pidgeot's ability could be very annoying to check defensively. Cosmoem, inheriting recovery in roost and getting access to toxic could make it hard to break.
Questions for the Community: What are some sets could y'all see be popular in this metagame? Is there anything that might seem overpowered? Is there any problems with this premise? Should LC mons be included?

Something that quite saddens me not to have as a playable format is budget team building. These are made up numbers but for example you could start with something like 500 points and spend 300 on a Darkrai, leaving you with not much else and resorting to spend like 70 on a Wartortle etc. You wouldn't ever ban anything out since the format can constantly be rebalanced in case something too dominant, just increase the cost to have that pokemon on your team.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Something that quite saddens me not to have as a playable format is budget team building. These are made up numbers but for example you could start with something like 500 points and spend 300 on a Darkrai, leaving you with not much else and resorting to spend like 70 on a Wartortle etc. You wouldn't ever ban anything out since the format can constantly be rebalanced in case something too dominant, just increase the cost to have that pokemon on your team.
I've had and supported ideas of a Budget mon scheme. I thought it be cool to build with one of each mon being legal in each tier; one from each of Uber/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU. But, for whatever the broader reason, the consul doesn't agree with them. There's Tier Shift, but not much else, nor have I heard of anything else being accepted. I'm not sure why.

Also with your point system, you have to make it unbiased, and thus based off something like BST or a tier list. You cant just make, say, an OP pick more points than others in its same tier or category. That type of subjectivity makes it a pet mod.

Cause this forum has been dead for the while, figured I’d add an idea thats just so so to just add a little content.

Harvest Sun and Moon

Premise: At the end of the turn, and if the Pokemon has no item, the last held item that Pokemon has is restored.

Essentially not much changes, but I’ll give a quick rundown of viabilty:

Increassed Viability
-Berries of all kind, but to be specific
•Lum Berry: Lifetime immunity to status. Great for both walls weak to Toxic, and phsyical attackers weak to burn / para. More importantly, every mon can have perfect recovery with an even better Resto Chesto strat. Honestly may just have to ban either Rest, Lum Berry, or Lum Berry + Chesto Berry.
•Aguave Berry and clones: Getting half your health back when ever you get below 25% is a huge risk/reward. Can be seen on x4 weak to rock mons like Volc to get the health back and still have recovery down the line. And with a fast subsitute, you can just spam sub and get health back; nasty for Toxic stalling. Obviously its risky to get that low on most mons, and leftovers is still gonna be the choice for a lot of walls. That, or:
•Sitrus Berry: A less effective Aguave berry, but at a more realistic threshold. Might favor mons with already good recovery options but fear being 2HKOd, like Pex or Torn-T.
•Weakness berries: Having a constant reduction to one of your weaknesses is never a bad idea. Chopple Berry Ferro or Heatran are cool concepts.
•Stat raising berries: Because of the low health activation rates, this berries can be hard to pull off without Sub. But, the big reward here is that once you Sub to 25%, it’ll activate, then activate again at the end of the turn. Thats a big buff, as you can double any stat you want (or risk Starf Berry for even bigger gains). Furthermore, at the end of the following turns, you’ll keep getting boosts (so long as you stay at the low health ranges).
•Custap Berry: Soon to be released, follows the same pattern as the stat raising berries. Or, Endure + priority Reversal anyone?
-Susitute: Because of the berry spamming potential
-Gluttony: ^^
-Red Card: Repeated phasing is broken for a ton of reasons, and sounds like it should be banned. If not, Red Card no doubt will be centralizing in this meta.
-Ejet Button: Why would you want to continuously be forced out? Well, on a regenerator mon like Pex, you can always have a safe pivot and then recover most/all of the damage. Also great for Magnet Pull/Pursuit trapping to get the safe switch in.
-Power Herb and Two Turned Moves: Infinite Power Herb makes these charged moves more viable. Kyruem black has a reliable physical Ice stab, and finally Aerodactyle can have a flying stab with Sky Attack. However, these are at the cost of your item slot, so no z move or mega stone.
-Air Balloon: Just a ground immunity lol. Skrew Shucca Mag, use this instead for a great Lando switch in.
-Terrian Seeds: Awesome for the Tapus. Koko can be a fast defensive wall, Bulu an unstoppable defensive wall, Lele finally has a some utility to come into special attackers like Ash Gren or even Heatran safely, and Fini is of course an unstoppable special pivot. Otherwise, you could try other mons, but they don’t have that longevity or independence like the Tapu mons.
-Fling: Reliable Dark coverage if needed, or the ability to burn/para. Razor Fang and Kings Rock gotta be banned cause infinite flinches if faster lol.
-Normal Gem: Not really a great item still, but its alright.
-Weakness Policy: Unlikely you’ll get it off twice, but cool nontheless
-Knock Off: Constant damage buff.
-Trick: Lot of mons here and sets are item dependent. Cause Knock Off no longer gets rid of their item for good, Trick/Switcheroo can shut down a lot of sets.
-Natural Gift: Great for coverage on the mons that get it.

Decreased Viability:
-Unburden Sweepers: They always get their item back, limiting their sweep. However, if say Electric Terrian is kept up, the Electric Seed will continue to spawn in and activte, meaning you can have the speed so long as the terrian is up, and even better defense each turn it is.
-Knock Off: Yeah it’s always gonna be full strength, but no item removal utility.

I’ll probably edit with som sets later. Currently at gym so I’m sorry for any oversights / mispelling.

Questions: I’m not too stellar about the meta, but I think it’s a decent idea. Just feels too much like OU-plus, if you get what I’m saying. Any ideas to make it better?
This is literally just recyclemons is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)