Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Since GF is using cultural trends/stereotypes to design Pokémon and mini games, what other cultural trends do you think they’ll put? I wagering either a Harry Potter or Sherlock Holmes reference, or maybe even some Shakespeare. After all SM had a reference to Jurassic Park.

Are there any games with an auto saved system that don’t allow the auto save and manual save to exist separately? Because I believe it’s basically common knowledge to do this in any game
Let’s remember that this is Game Freak.

They’re extremely out of touch with modern games and their QoL features, as well as Pokemon’s older playerbase. Good examples of this are the long, unskippable cutscenes, unskippable catching tutorials and the lack of multiple save slots. Sure, you can create another profile on your Switch and likely have another save file, but it’s definitely not an ideal way to have multiple saves. Why not just allow players to have multiple saves like most games do? I would have loved to replay some of my favorite games in the series (SoulSilver, Platinum) but don’t really want to, as I have a huge amount of RNG’d Mons in both games and it would take way too long to trade them to another Gen 4 game and on top of that, I have a nearly completed National Dex on both saves and many event-exclusive Key Items that have been unavailable for almost about a decade.

I find it slightly disingenuous to put forward LGPE's alternate account files as an improvement, because that implies it's something Game Freak done. In reality it's a thing that every Switch game from Mario Odyssey to Hue to Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid to Deltarune does because it's something built into the Switch itself. For LGPE to not have this feature, Game Freak would have had to have gone out of their way for no reason; so to say "LGPE allowed multiple saves" is... an odd argument, to me.

Let's also keep in mind that LGPE is one of only a handful of games that doesn't have NSO Cloud Save support. So there's that as well.

I think it's completely justified to be scared of this feature even though I personally am pretty excited for it. I think we should generally hold off the negativity about it until we hear more, though. There's plenty more to discuss than an unannounced feature that we barely know vague details about through eagle-eyeing.

Let’s remember that this is Game Freak.

They’re extremely out of touch with modern games and their QoL features, as well as Pokemon’s older playerbase. Good examples of this are the long, unskippable cutscenes,
Well, they did add the option to skip cutscenes in Let's Go, so it's something.

(Something that is also out of touch as it's something you have to enable in the Options screen, so you either skip all cutscenes or you skip none)

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
Time to fuckin uhhhh rank all the revealed Pokemon by personal preference

Obstagoon (bipedal evolution haters can suck my dick)
Corviknight
Alcremie (Used to be ok but with the alt flavors reveal I love it now)
Duraludon
Yamper
Galarian Weezing
Polteageist
Grookey
Zacian/Zamazenta (I like them both equally)
Rolycoly
Impidimp
Drednaw (Gigantamax form bumps it up a few spots)
Gossifleur/Eldegoss
Cramorant
Sobble
Galarian Zigzagoon/Linoone (Would definitely be extremely underwhelming were it not for the boy Obstagoon, goes up a few spots from the bottom on its own just for that)
Morpeko (pretty unremarkable but it's better than the average pikaclone)
Wooloo (the hype has worn off, it's ok but i'm waiting on an evolution)
Scorbunny (still not a fan of the noodle limbs)

What's your list?
sure
sobble

Well, they did add the option to skip cutscenes in Let's Go, so it's something.

(Something that is also out of touch as it's something you have to enable in the Options screen, so you either skip all cutscenes or you skip none)
No, turning on the option just enables the button to skip cutscenes. When it's off by default the button doesn't work. It's weird but you can pick and choose the cutscenes to skip.

The actual issue is that almost nothing counts as a cutscene. If there's any dialogue at all in the scene then none of it is skippable, no matter how long the player's controls are locked or how long the camera spends panning around/how long NPCs spend silently wandering about in the scene. This leaves only a tiny minority of cutscenes in the game that are actually skippable, and (in my opinion) many of these are actually animated well and nice to watch compared to the ones with boring exposition, filler dialogue, and ones where you're waiting 10 seconds for an NPC to finish walking from point A to point B before they spit out their next line.

No, turning on the option just enables the button to skip cutscenes. When it's off by default the button doesn't work. It's weird but you can pick and choose the cutscenes to skip.

The actual issue is that almost nothing counts as a cutscene. If there's any dialogue at all in the scene then none of it is skippable, no matter how long the player's controls are locked or how long the camera spends panning around/how long NPCs spend silently wandering about in the scene. This leaves only a tiny minority of cutscenes in the game that are actually skippable, and (in my opinion) many of these are actually animated well and nice to watch compared to the ones with boring exposition, filler dialogue, and ones where you're waiting 10 seconds for an NPC to finish walking from point A to point B before they spit out their next line.
I'm not sure if it all the skippable ones are prerendered videos but I know that a good few of them are.

Anyways, in regards to what seems to be auto-saving, I'd say we should wait until we know more about it.

Maybe it can be disabled, maybe it only saves upon entering certain locations... who knows?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Curry is very much a thing in the UK. Im surprised no one stepped in to say anything but a quick google search reveals the UK adapted it as their National Dish. There's even a National Curry Week every October.
Um ...curry is so ridiculously popular in the UK that people joke about it being their national food. My cousin lived there for several years. So curry is actually culturally accurate.
Oh, well don't I look stupid... Or was I just cleverly trying to spark conversation? No I was just stupid.

Do you gentlemen also do the fanning the flames thing?

I would say creative licence occurs here too, Galar is still Galar more than it is the UK.
Which I guess would also be the answer to the reason why there are characters in swimsuits despite real world England being cold & wet. Infact climate in the Pokemon world is weird as there's just isolated cold and hot locations that are not affected about where they are.

Wait, is this true, or are you joking? I can't tell.
Sent you a PM but I'll also post the explanation here for everyone else. I'm joking, I was referencing GF's tradition of pretending the event Pokemon don't exist until their actual release. And since Impidimp hasn't shown up since that must mean it's an event Pokemon. Which would be a rather MASSIVE mess up because they would have tested the demo dozens of times just before E3 opened its doors (plus for the demo they probably scrubbed out everything that wasn't needed for it).

Impidimp's sneak peak is more like Alolan Dugtrio. Alolan Dugtrio made a quick sneak peak in the Sun & Moon demo but I don't think we learned much about it until Sun & Moon's release. We knew it existed and that's all GF wanted us to know.

Of course if Impidimp is a Mythical then I'm saying it now that I called it. :P

What's your list?
Responding late to this. Unfortunately we're getting to the point where it's getting tough to say one I like over another as it's like trying to order your fruit preference: they all have different traits that makes me either like or dislike them. So instead I'm just going to keep things simple:

Starters: Scorbunny, Sobble, Grookey. (I'm a Fire-type guy. As for the other two I placed Sobble third as at least its design is more intricate than Grookey's which kind of looks unfinished)

Legendaries: Zamazenta, Zacian. (I think the shield design for Zamazenta was just better implemented as being a mane than Zacian's sword which it is just holding in its mouth)

Com Mons: Going to do something different here and, instead of ordering them, just going to make a team of 6 out of the ones available. So I guess in a way you can say these are my top 6 though, as I said with the fruit analogy, there's something I like with all of them. Anyway, my team would be (in no particular order): Corviknight, Alcremie, Rolycoly, Polteagiest, Drednaw, & Eldegoss.
Special Mentions: If I were to pick one Electric-type I'd go with Morpeko as I find it more interesting than Yamper (who's still a good boy but don't find its Ability particularly good). Wooloo has its charm but I'd still pick Mareep any day. Duraludon just looks awkward and a mess of a design. Cramorant I want to help but that doesn't mean I want on my team if you get what I mean.

Galarian Forms: Weezing, Zigzagoon, Obstagoon, Linoone. (Weezing was an obvious pick. Out of the entire Galaraian Zigzagoon line I think Zigzagoon looks the best. Obstagoon (which I'm counting as a Galarian Form so it at least gets mentioned) looks out of place as a Zigzagoon evolution but at least its drawn fine. Linoone's face though takes me out of its design)

Gigantamax: Alcremie, Corviknight, Drednaw. (How can you pick anything over a nearly 100 feet cake? Corviknight doesn't really change that much but it already looked cool so it doesn't hurt it that much. Drednaw just looks obese now)

This time, though, I'm feeling adventurous. Other than the fire starter, I have no idea of who will be in my endgame team.
Aside from the Fire Starter, my team is open for any members. Usually what ends up happening is I first try creating a team of varied Types and Physical/Special attackers. Once that's done if I find a Pokemon I want to add to my team it's a game of "which Pokemon can I remove that my team still feels varied & of them which would the new Pokemon easily fills their role".

Though I wish GF would give us a way to at least carry like 2 or 3 extra Pokemon with us like in a "benched" party where outside of battle we can actively switch them in and out of the active party. Like I know LGPE gave you the portable PC Box though I felt that was a bit much. I kind of want that limitation so I actually have to make a choice of "these are the Pokemon I'm going to train". Like I have a feeling if I had bought Let's Go I'd probably have trained a Pokemon for every Type @~@.

The games seem to have an auto-save.
Ugh. On one hand I kind of like the gesture. While I save constantly I've heard enough stories where someone had played for hours without saving and turned off the game without thinking because they're tired or got distracted. So if the game auto-saved say every 30 minutes or hour, only does so when you enter another location that needs to load in, and the auto-save is a separate save file to the manual save file than I'd say it would be alright. Also would obviously like to be able to turn off the feature or tell it how long between auto-saves.

But as many pointed out, lots of games don't give option to turn off auto-saves. Worst yet, some games auto-save after important events/cutscene. And with how GF had made getting your Starter and catching story relevant Legendaries a series of cutscenes before and after... well, you see the problem. Only hope would be them making auto-save its separate save file or they allowed multiple saves files.

Hey, this is my first message here and I want to say: Pokémon Sword and Shield could be a great video game, especially for the graphism, for me graphism is a good mark for the game has a lot of player, I saw auto-save and I really love it, auto-save make easier the gameplay :) I really like the pokemon design too especially Estagoon and Gossifleur :), and for me the choice is Grookey and Sword :) Sword and Shield could be have a good scenario, and has probably a link with Kalos...
Welcome! :blobthumbsup:

What do you mean by graphism? Do you mean graphics?

I'm quite certain that whenever you receive a Mystery Gift Pokemon or capture a legendary, the game will autosave immediately. Then you're stuck with a Gentle/Lax/Docile-natured Zemazante/Zimazonta (or whatever the new legendaries are called).
:facepalm:

If they do this, and those Pokemon end up being usable in a future VGC, I can't wait to hear the die-hard "no Poke-gen" people try and come up with excuses why it's better to play the entire game again to get the nature you want as opposed to just genning it.
As The Shadow Knight said, if they give us a method to change Natures it could at least mitigate the main issue many are having with auto-saves (they can make it an addition to Hyper Training, you take your Pokemon to a Shakespearean actor who will teach your Pokemon how to act differently during battle; thus you're not changing its Nature which would have unfortunate implications but rather your Pokemon is now acting).

Since GF is using cultural trends/stereotypes to design Pokémon and mini games, what other cultural trends do you think they’ll put? I wagering either a Harry Potter or Sherlock Holmes reference, or maybe even some Shakespeare. After all SM had a reference to Jurassic Park.
Tough to say. Those are usually little details we don't know about until the game is released and we encounter them. And sometimes there's not even recent trends/stereotypes/pop culture references.

I think it's completely justified to be scared of this feature even though I personally am pretty excited for it. I think we should generally hold off the negativity about it until we hear more, though. There's plenty more to discuss than an unannounced feature that we barely know vague details about through eagle-eyeing.
Is auto-saving even a feature worth mentioning though? Even if they do it would probably be just a quick mention with no deeper details. "BTW, don't worry about losing hours of your adventure as the game auto-saves when you need it to!" and for those who want to know more has to now wait for game release.

Would be nice if every week GF answer a few handful of questions we could send in to either elaborate on things they wouldn't normally focus on, get official statements, and behind the scenes maybe point them toward what they should be announcing next. Also would feel less they're completely ignoring us.

After losing my 87% Living Dex, most of my shinies and my Vivillon and Unown collections because my 3DS SD Card suddenly decided to retire, I'm anxiously hoping for cloud save, while believing I won't have it.
Ouch, my condolences.

Did GF ever give a reason for now cloud save for LGPE? Because, unless there's was a specific reason for just that game, I can see GF continuing that trend with no cloud saves for Sword & Shield. Infact, I can think of one reason for them not to: HOME. HOME would be the only service that would allow you to save and keep your Pokemon "safe" plus having to pay GF an additional subscription fee on top of the fee for Switch online.

Anyways, in regards to what seems to be auto-saving, I'd say we should wait until we know more about it.

Maybe it can be disabled, maybe it only saves upon entering certain locations... who knows?
Agreed, unless someone has new insight we're now just wallowing in worried speculation. For those of us who are getting the game, it's just something we gotta deal with and that's that.

Caught up so onto some other things want to talk about:

Alcremie Flavors:
Let me just say I love this idea! Even if Alcremie comes out as a mediocre Pokemon at the very least you can fit its appearance to your taste... literally in a sense.
I'm looking at the variants that Serebii has up and it's kind of hard to tell all the different body flavors as some look identical to another. Like we have the normal pale pink, and then a slightly darker pink (or purple), a combination of the two pinks, a pale tan that's almost pinkish (though it can also be confused with the yellow), and a pure white. Similarly we have to a pale green which depending on the lighting can look like the pale blue or the pure white. While I understand they wanted to keep the body color close to how that flavor is like in real life I do wish they made the colors look a more distinct from one another.
The "hair decorations" & eye color is a bit easier to see the difference but even then we still got two pink ones and the orange can look similar to it as well (at least the hair decoration makes it clear they're different).
I so far count 8 body flavors and 5 decorations/eye colors which would mean atm we have 40 possible combinations! But, if we look at Gigantamax Alcremie, we can see there an additional decoration: a star decoration. That would be 6 decorations/eye colors for 48 combinations!
That amount makes me curious: is it possible to customize what body flavor and decoration/eye color it has? Alcremie is said to create the whip cream, so is it that each just have a natural flavor or can you feed it something that'll change the flavor of whip cream it creates. The decorations would seem the easiest to have swappable, but then you have the issue that their eye color matches the decoration. So is the decoration part of their biology thus can't be removed? Or can we change the decoration and we're not suppose to think why the eye color changes along with it.
I ask because 40 (and possible more) is a bit much. If a player wants a specific flavor and decoration combination but you can't customize them that's like looking for a needle in a haystack if you also want a specific Nature! Because of that I would say at least the body flavor or the decoration/eye color can be changed in some way, if not both. If I were making the decision, I'd actually make the decoration/eye color the unchangable feature because, in my opinion, it makes sense you can change the flavor of the whip cream they produce but there's no good explanation for the changing eye color with the decoration. Plus 5 (or 6) variants is much more manageable than 8.
Though, with all parts of Alcremie changing color, what does a Shiny Alcremie look like? Will they do what they did with Minior and just have a special "flavor" and it comes in all the decoration/eye color variants like the Shiny Flabebe family does? What color would it be, seems like only black would be an option which doesn't sound all that appetizing. Or, maybe, a shiny Alcremie may be the first to have a design difference: the yellow star decoration/eye color!

Sword & Shield Trailer Analysis Via GameXplain:
Since they point out a lot of info I normally would just easier to go through their analysis of the trailer and add in any points I think of they didn't. Any I feel are super notable I'll color in red:

0:41: You know, while a nice shot of the city/town and the docks, I can't help but notice how empty it is. There's just one person on the docks, where's everyone else?
1:27: Hm, will we be able to buy the merchandise shown at these stands all over the place? Because if past games are anything to go by that might not be the case. Most blatant example would be the supermarket in Gen VII, where you can "interact" with all the shelves and displays and get a description what's stocked there but in the end it's just a glorified Mart where it's at one of the registers you buy the typical supplies from. Also, if we could just buy Berries, kind of makes the Berry trees feel a bit less important unless they only sell "basic" Berries at the stalls and rarer Berries are either only gotten from trees or found at exclusive stalls for a higher cost.
1:39: You fools, that's no snowman, that's a new Pokemon! Actually, doe anyone else feel a plain looking snowman feels kind of odd? Like, logically there's no reason why a snowman like that wouldn't exist, but I'm so used to anything in the Pokemon world being Pokemon related I would have thought kids would make a Pokemon-based snowman, a snowmon if you will.
3:14: Interesting the clothing brands logo are shown yet we aren't told what the brands are. We're just told what design it is and the color (really, we STILL can't choose the color, we have to buy the same design in different colors).
4:43: Now that's interesting! We can (presumably) customize the order of the icons on the main menu. That may also mean there may be more icons we could have on the main menu instead. Which means in a way the main menu could be our new shortcut menu!
6:07: What are the sausages made of... oh... OH NO! THE SAUSAGES ARE ALL THE POKEMON THAT AREN'T IN THE GALAR DEX!

6:27: Oh, entire Pokemon species wasn't enough for the curry they also want my heart! I need that for living!
7:10: Say, that's a very big observation! The Curry mentions what Contest flavor they are! The only time they ever did that was for the games set in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Could that mean Pokemon Contests are coming back in some form? Or maybe it's a hint Sinnoh remakes are planned and you can start preparing Pokemon for the Super Contests in Sword & Shield!
8:00: Don't see why they needed to rename Wonder Trade into Surprise Trade, infact considering the current controversy going around "Surprise Mechanics" provably would have been better to keep them as Wonder Trade. Still, neat that they happen in the background like putting a Pokemon up on the GTS and you're alerted when the trade happens.
8:30: So, are the League Cards replacing the Trainer Cards this gen like the Trainer Passport did in Gen VII? If so, I guess those stars would then be like the Trainer Stars/Card Colors/Stamps.

Random Thought: Max Moves Compared To The Z-Moves Hype:
So, I don't recall how I got to thinking about it but I remembered that when we were first told about Z-Moves there was a lot of hype around it. To use a powerful move of any Type we just needed even the weakest move of that Type (and desired category) and our Pokemon would have a one use nuke in exchange for the item and move slot. A lot of hype and speculation went into the possible OP move or countering strategies that could come from this and what Pokemon had what Z-Move type available to them.
And then comes Dynamaxing with the Max Moves. No item is needed, it last 3 turns, and all Moves are turned into Max Moves. In a way, this is better than what the Z-Moves offered as you weren't restricted to one move, had both STAB and counter Moves affected, and can use your item slot to add even more Power. Yet, the hype around the Max Moves more focused around the secondary effects of the ones which summoned weather or terrain. The fact the Max Moves are giving better advantages than what Z-Moves offered seemed to have gone largely ignored. Realizing this surprised me and I thought it would be an interesting discussion topic here.

Why are the Max Moves better countering prospects being overlooked when it was a major hype point for Z-Moves?

Is it because the secondary effects are a much more game changing mechanic? Is it because Max Moves may not give as big as a boost as Z-Moves did? Was the hype simply drowned out by the outrage?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
As a quick plausible explanation for why GF hasn't ever allowed multiple save files, it's likely to prevent crashing the "economy" by letting you clone Pokemon with ease.

To explain, Timmy goes out there and manages to catch a 31/X/31/31/31/31 shiny Timid Mewtwo. This is obviously something pretty good that Timmy could leverage for other rare Pokemon he hasn't caught yet, but as it stands little Timmy would have to lose his Mewtwo or he can clone it with an external device/glitch. Fortunately, with multiple save files, this is no longer an issue. Timmy can save his game to both slot 1 and slot 2, transfer the Mewtwo in the slot 2 file to Home or a different game, and then save slot 1 again to overwrite slot 2.

Of course this doesn't have to be Mewtwo, it could just as easily be Incineroar or what have you that suddenly becomes accessible for pretty much everybody in the world because these clones would be easy for everybody to propagate (just clone it on your own file after you trade for it and continue the cycle yourself).

While I personally think that this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, it'd certainly be somewhat awkward for VGC finals to have actual clones fighting each other.

To explain, Timmy goes out there and manages to catch a 31/X/31/31/31/31 shiny Timid Mewtwo. This is obviously something pretty good that Timmy could leverage for other rare Pokemon he hasn't caught yet, but as it stands little Timmy would have to lose his Mewtwo or he can clone it with an external device/glitch. Fortunately, with multiple save files, this is no longer an issue. Timmy can save his game to both slot 1 and slot 2, transfer the Mewtwo in the slot 2 file to Home or a different game, and then save slot 1 again to overwrite slot 2.
This could easily be bypassed by isolating each save file, and not allowing the duplication of save files. The two games I've played most recently, DKC Tropical Freeze and Hollow Knight, both use this method (though DKC might allow file duplication). A lot of Kirby games also have isolated save files. This would not only allow for easy replayability without sacrificing your old save, but it would also allow siblings to share a game cart while still having different adventures. Trading between files might be tricky though. It's all well and good if you're playing by yourself, but once you factor siblings into the equation, Pokemon theft becomes an issue. This could potentially be solved by allowing each save file to have a password. If you want to trade with your sibling's file, give them the Switch so that they can enter their password. Ideally, passwords would be optional, as they would be cumbersome for single players with multiple files.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
This could easily be bypassed by isolating each save file, and not allowing the duplication of save files. The two games I've played most recently, DKC Tropical Freeze and Hollow Knight, both use this method (though DKC might allow file duplication). A lot of Kirby games also have isolated save files. This would not only allow for easy replayability without sacrificing your old save, but it would also allow siblings to share a game cart while still having different adventures. Trading between files might be tricky though. It's all well and good if you're playing by yourself, but once you factor siblings into the equation, Pokemon theft becomes an issue. This could potentially be solved by allowing each save file to have a password. If you want to trade with your sibling's file, give them the Switch so that they can enter their password. Ideally, passwords would be optional, as they would be cumbersome for single players with multiple files.
This is, as far as I understand, the process the Switch uses with regards to multiple users.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
As a quick plausible explanation for why GF hasn't ever allowed multiple save files, it's likely to prevent crashing the "economy" by letting you clone Pokemon with ease.

Of course this doesn't have to be Mewtwo, it could just as easily be Incineroar or what have you that suddenly becomes accessible for pretty much everybody in the world because these clones would be easy for everybody to propagate (just clone it on your own file after you trade for it and continue the cycle yourself).

While I personally think that this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, it'd certainly be somewhat awkward for VGC finals to have actual clones fighting each other.
Actually, given this reason, I could see auto-save being on the same slot. However, it should hopefully be optional. Wouldn't really affect me personally but I know plenty of activities require aggressive soft-resetting and this would really impact them

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Actually, given this reason, I could see auto-save being on the same slot. However, it should hopefully be optional. Wouldn't really affect me personally but I know plenty of activities require aggressive soft-resetting and this would really impact them
Maybe when you select a save file they could have it so you either start from a manual save point or a auto-save if the auto-save is the most recent save.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but doesn’t SwSh give you the chance to rent teams from other players, possibly even for competitions? If so, doesn’t that invalidate a big problem for Pokémon dupes?

Let’s say you and a friend each have 3 Pokémon that are competitive ready. You trade all three to your friend, he makes a team, shares the code with you, and you’re good to go. It lower the barrier for entry and GM can always restrict which Pokémon are allowed by region, as it has always done for when a new Gen is released.

Now I can see dupes being a problem for collectors but my question is does GM/Nintendo care? You’re already paying to get online to trade Pokémon, so they aren’t losing money.

Because trading is necessary to create a clone when multiple saves are considered, the only thing they have to do to prevent cloning is overwrite the auto-save slot as well during a trade.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Because trading is necessary to create a clone when multiple saves are considered, the only thing they have to do to prevent cloning is overwrite the auto-save slot as well during a trade.
Not quite, you’d be able to do it through Home as well, which is probably something that’s interacted with while the SwSh game is closed if Bank is any indicator.

To use my example from earlier, catch Mewtwo, save game, trigger an auto save, close game, use home to transfer Mewtwo out of the main file, load the auto save which still has Mewtwo, overwrite main save file.

Not quite, you’d be able to do it through Home as well, which is probably something that’s interacted with while the SwSh game is closed if Bank is any indicator.

To use my example from earlier, catch Mewtwo, save game, trigger an auto save, close game, use home to transfer Mewtwo out of the main file, load the auto save which still has Mewtwo, overwrite main save file.
Bank and Home(presumably) write saves for the games when you withdraw your mon from them or deposit them, they can also overwrite the autosave in this case.

Of course this illustrates another issue, as you can revert a bunch of progress this way. Home could be forced to take the latest saved state between the auto save and manual save.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Not really, VGC is already full of cloned pokemon and nobody cares. Look at all the VGC giveaways on this very site. Letting anyone clone pokemon would just reduce this barrier of entry and make competitive even more accessible. If Timmy manages to catch a perfect mewtwo, he can now share it with his friends (and potentially get other perfect pokemon in return!) and they've all still got his name and ID on it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
As someone who likes to grind and test out stuff on the post-game battle facilities, I'm interested to see how [REDACTED] affects the sets in there. Most of the time once you get to a certain point in these things you start seeing trainers using minor legendaries ie the regis, the genies, Cresselia and such, which to me always came off as a really lazy and nonsensical way to boost difficulty. I seem to recall that in BW1's Battle Subway, most of the basic levels were composed of NFEs and other similarly weak shitmons, only going to two-stagers like Beartic near the latter half of the challenge as well as making you wait until the Super Subways to start facing stuff like third-stage mons.

Obstagoon (bipedal evolution haters can suck my dick)
Corviknight
Alcremie (Used to be ok but with the alt flavors reveal I love it now)
Duraludon
Yamper
Galarian Weezing
Polteageist
Grookey
Zacian/Zamazenta (I like them both equally)
Rolycoly
Impidimp
Drednaw (Gigantamax form bumps it up a few spots)
Gossifleur/Eldegoss
Cramorant
Sobble
Galarian Zigzagoon/Linoone (Would definitely be extremely underwhelming were it not for the boy Obstagoon, goes up a few spots from the bottom on its own just for that)
Morpeko (pretty unremarkable but it's better than the average pikaclone)
Wooloo (the hype has worn off, it's ok but i'm waiting on an evolution)
Scorbunny (still not a fan of the noodle limbs)

What's your list?
Yea, why not?
Zamazenta (Looks cool and intimidating. Definitely my #1 favorite)
Corviknight (Must I explain why?)
Sobble
Grookey
Duraldon (It's an unpopular opinion, but it looks fantastic in my opinion)
Obstagoon
Alcremie (I want to eat this thing for desert)
Scorbunny (I don't like this as much as Zamazenta or Corviknight, but I still definitely like it nonetheless)
Rolycoly
Polteagist
Drednaw
Yamper
Morpeko
Cramorant (It's just there.)
Galarian Zigzagoon / Linoone (They're just recolored from their Hoennian versions)
Impidimp
Zacian (Its design is awful and the sword it holds in its mouth makes it look more stupid)
Wooloo (Overhyped crap)

As someone who likes to grind and test out stuff on the post-game battle facilities, I'm interested to see how [REDACTED] affects the sets in there. Most of the time once you get to a certain point in these things you start seeing trainers using minor legendaries ie the regis, the genies, Cresselia and such, which to me always came off as a really lazy and nonsensical way to boost difficulty. I seem to recall that in BW1's Battle Subway, most of the basic levels were composed of NFEs and other similarly weak shitmons, only going to two-stagers like Beartic near the latter half of the challenge as well as making you wait until the Super Subways to start facing stuff like third-stage mons.
The regular mode is easy no matter the game and is designed to be beatable with random stuff from one's in-game team. The Battle Tree just makes it easy by having lots of bad movesets rather than NFEs (plus allowing you to use overleveled Pokemon/cover legendaries).

As someone currently playing through the Subway again, I can say the Super mode doesn't have much of a boost in difficulty other than the usual pattern of the IVs getting better; from the outset, you face Pokemon/movesets that only the toughest trainers in the Tree would use. Legendaries also appear earlier than they do in the Tree, but difficulty-wise that's not too relevant since whether something is 'legendary' (much like 2nd/3rd stage) doesn't have much bearing on how difficult it is to face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)