Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

How much of a stretch is it to suggest there may have been problems behind the scenes getting Home to function, especially considering some of the bugs currently present like the Hyper Training bungle-up?
There's most certainly been troubles behind Home's production, I mean one of the points of Home is that you can access it from a phone yet the phone Pokemon game can't access it at launch

As another point that the transfer system is undercooked, SWSH's legality check for online battles apparently forgot that XD exists, and flags moves learnt by purification as illegal.
There's something definitely going on.

I've got asked to try and join a few online stuff with transferred stuff.

My gen 7 Zekrom and Lunala can join raids normally, but my event Shiny Mewtwo is blocked from joining.

Last edited:
Looks like Eternal Floette is still in Home but with a weird asterisk to it:

The switch version doesn't have a render for it, but does still recognize it

The mobile version https://nintendowire.com/news/2020/02/12/pokemon-home-reveals-eternal-flower-floette/ however
Does still have its model (& its shiny model, even).

Makes me wonder if they're finally going to softly remove it, with the mobile version having the model just being a left over they didn't clean up, or if they just messed up and forgot to include its render (and such). I'll be pretty curious if Flabebe is in the DLC and what happens to Eternal. As a reminder, Eternal Floette not only got a render in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon but a unique dex entry!
The flower it's holding can no longer be found blooming anywhere. It's also thought to contain terrifying power.
Terrifying energy is concealed within its ominous flower, but Floette still swings it about innocently.
There's something definitely going on.

I've got asked to try and join a few online stuff with transferred stuff.

My gen 7 Zekrom and Lunala can join raids normally, but my event Shiny Mewtwo is blocked from joining.
This makes me think the legality checker in SWSH is the problem and we just hadn't seen it until now. Did they not just use the same checker as every other game up to & including Home itself? And then also, not think to update it when Home came out??

I of course know what the Bank update did, but I noticed there was an update for Transfer at the same time. Does anyone know what was changed there? Or was it simply a necessary update to be compatible with Bank 1.5?

I of course know what the Bank update did, but I noticed there was an update for Transfer at the same time. Does anyone know what was changed there? Or was it simply a necessary update to be compatible with Bank 1.5?
I want to say it gets updated every time Bank does, so I think that's about right?

Incidentally, I asked about how Totem Pokemon are handeled and it seems they're treated as normal Pokemon. Neither Home or SWSH will treat them as large.
And it seems like the...."glitch?" I forgot about, that the USUM-exclusive totems (ie: Togedemaru, Ribombee, etc) still cannot be transferred to Bank. So if you have a collection of those, better keep them together.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Probably anything major is either left out or not in yet, but you never know if they left SOME nonsense in.
And you'd be right, but probably not in the way you're expecting.

Also, Melmetal does NOT have access to its Gigantamax form yet.
Would not be surprised if Gigantamax Melmetal would be used to further sell the Isle of Armor expansion since they seemingly are going to let you have normal Pokemon able to Gigantamax.

View attachment 222857
You know it's about that damn time.
Blastoise looks SO satisfied, lol.

So HOME does have a host... and it's another form of Oak? Like, what? Is this another cousin like Samson? Is it being implied this is some kind of alternate universe Oak? Not sure how I feel about this, it's like they're trying to Gen I pander but be "hip" about it. It's like the Pokemon version of:

While I wouldn't have done Brigette again, I do agree with them using an older Pokemon character that has since not been used. My pick was Hayley for Pokemon Ranch:

When you first log into HOME on the Switch, you get a free Pikachu... whose IVs are all 15 for some weird reason. I mean, at least the Gigantamax one has perfect IVs (or at least mine had).
What, why?

When you first log into HOME Mobile, you get to pick a free Kanto starter. It has its Hidden Ability.
At least this one makes more sense... and of course its the mobile version that has the better gift than the Switch version.

Like, seriously GF, just make some mobile games and get it out of your system (and in the meanwhile let someone else make a core series game that is actually interested in making a more indepth experience...).

Wait, is home out?
You'd think GF would have made a bigger deal about HOME being out or gave us the exact date. GF can't even corporate shill right.

Ultra Necrozma is actually unavaliable, however.
Which kinds of defeat the purpose of the Necrozma fusions. Maybe they'll make Ultra Necrozma a Gigantamax-like transformation? Necrozamax?

Ooh, maybe the Isle of Armor expansion will give us a way to Eternamax Eternatus!

Finally, the Baba Yaga is a pokemon
Hut of brown, now sit down.

There's already an update out for the iOS version of Home; it's on 1.0.3 now. Makes sense, it was crashing on me constantly and not showing the right Pokémon unless I reset.

There's already an update out for the iOS version of Home; it's on 1.0.3 now. Makes sense, it was crashing on me constantly and not showing the right Pokémon unless I reset.
It crashes continuously. I also think another update is likely, group trades can't work properly it seems, and wondertrading is taking certainly too much time.

Which kinds of defeat the purpose of the Necrozma fusions. Maybe they'll make Ultra Necrozma a Gigantamax-like transformation? Necrozamax?
I wish they'd done this more. It could have been an interesting way to bring back popular alternate forms, and "changes stats, ability or even typing while Gigantamaxed" is both interesting and completely unexplored so far. All we get are different moves which are usually inferior to their standard counterparts.

But yeah, the Necrozma forms are reasonably separate Pokemon on their own, partly because of stat distribution but more because they have very different movepools to Solgaleo and Lunala.

Gotta say, though, giving Necrozma Dragon Dance was a weird design choice if they had no intention of bringing back its dragon type form.

But yeah, the Necrozma forms are reasonably separate Pokemon on their own, partly because of stat distribution but more because they have very different movepools to Solgaleo and Lunala.
Well if you think of it, Necrozma fusions work almost identically to Kyurem's, just also had the extra effect of being able to supermegadigievolve use Z-crystal for a wannabe primal reversion.

It's not to exclude that at some point they introduce a key-item that acts same as the Z-crystal and lets Necrozma transform in ultra-form.
Or even make Z-moves or Megas return later in a separate entry or remake.

This seems like a much worse bug than the Hyper Training thing, since it actually permanently weakens your Pokemon -- especially if you're using it to breed.
Great. Now, the only thing missing being messed up are EVs.

For the time being, given that there are AT LEAST this issue and the Hyper Training thing, I would caution anyone against sending anything competitively relevant to HOME without a back up plan.

Like, breed extra mons on cartridges, keep the flawless parents out of Jail and into the games, and send the new offspring to HOME. That's it. Better safe than sorry.

Great. Now, the only thing missing being messed up are EVs.

For the time being, given that there are AT LEAST this issue and the Hyper Training thing, I would caution anyone against sending anything competitively relevant to HOME without a back up plan.

Like, breed extra mons on cartridges, keep the flawless parents out of Jail and into the games, and send the new offspring to HOME. That's it. Better safe than sorry.
I've checked all of my transferred Pokemon and can confirm my Eternatus is an isolated case. My collection includes ~650 from Bank, and a handful of hatched and soft reset Pokemon from Gen 8.

I noticed that the switch version DOES have challenges they are just...completely different from Home's and seem to give absolutely nothing in return.
Thanks?

What are some examples?
So it seems absed on teh games you have linked. I just have Sword, so I get Sword & SHield challenges. Or "Research Tasks", as the game calls them. It wants you to transfer Pokemon over ot bank themed to an area. For example, grab a Blipbug, Rookidee and Skwodent for Route 1. Catch Munna, Weezing-G and some other pokemon for the slumbering weald. Seems there's one for every area of the game, and some others that do have overlap with Mobile Home like put in the 3 starters.

i've completed about 4 of them (I dont have the premium so i'm doing this the slow and annoying way) but you dont seem to get anything. Though the Galar Starters does get you a sticker in Mobile, the others dont have anything and I dont even get those home points near as i can tell.

So it seems absed on teh games you have linked. I just have Sword, so I get Sword & SHield challenges. Or "Research Tasks", as the game calls them. It wants you to transfer Pokemon over ot bank themed to an area. For example, grab a Blipbug, Rookidee and Skwodent for Route 1. Catch Munna, Weezing-G and some other pokemon for the slumbering weald. Seems there's one for every area of the game, and some others that do have overlap with Mobile Home like put in the 3 starters.

i've completed about 4 of them (I dont have the premium so i'm doing this the slow and annoying way) but you dont seem to get anything. Though the Galar Starters does get you a sticker in Mobile, the others dont have anything and I dont even get those home points near as i can tell.
Don’t you get Home Points? What do you use those for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)