Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Is the avatar icon stored client-side? When i change account the icon remains the same...
It's mostly handled serverside - changing your name doesn't change the avatar, you have to explicitly use /avatar (or go to the page but that also just sends /avatar for you).

Aeonic

we got to install microwave ovens
Pokemon or sets cannot be banned from Random Battles, no matter how strong or weak they are. That is not how Random Battles works. Strong Pokemon get a level balance at most. The only things banned from Random Battles are evasion, Baton Pass, and other uncompetitive things. Random Battles will always keep Zacian-C, even if it is banned from Ubers, as well as Dynamax. Dynamax has been suspected and voted to remain legal by the Randbats community.

(shamelessly stolen from a randbats room FAQ)

Pokemon or sets cannot be banned from Random Battles, no matter how strong or weak they are. That is not how Random Battles works. Strong Pokemon get a level balance at most. The only things banned from Random Battles are evasion, Baton Pass, and other uncompetitive things. Random Battles will always keep Zacian-C, even if it is banned from Ubers, as well as Dynamax. Dynamax has been suspected and voted to remain legal by the Randbats community.

(shamelessly stolen from a randbats room FAQ)
gotcha, thanks! I was just wondering since I feel like there was precedent with Mega Ray, but I might be misremembering.

Help!!! showdown will not let me log in to play, i have an account set up here, but idk if i need to put it in the same way there, cause no matter what i put it says wrong password, please help!

Help!!! showdown will not let me log in to play, i have an account set up here, but idk if i need to put it in the same way there, cause no matter what i put it says wrong password, please help!
Accounts on this website (the Smogon forums) do not carry over to Pokemon Showdown and vice versa. Despite both being associated with Smogon, the two websites are distinct.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Okay, so what do i do? how do i log into showdown?
Click "Choose Name", if it prompts you for a password it means someone else has already registered that name and you need to pick a different one. If the name is not taken, you will immediately start using it. You can then set a password on the account (register it) by opening the settings menu (gear in the upper right hand corner) and clicking register. After registering, you will need to enter your password each time when logging in.

I noticed some slight mistakes in details on the Showdown dex. Namely, Kerfluffle's page says its evolution method is "level-up" when it should be "level-up with high Friendship during the day" (source), and Jumbao's page says its evolution method is "level-up" when it should be "level-up with Play Rough" (source). Also, Astrolotl's page says its evolution method is "level-up at level 36" when it should be "level-up at level 35" (source, look in Level-up).
Wasn't sure where else to put small nitpicks like these, this seemed like the most appropriate thread to point this out. If there's a way for me to somehow fix this myself, let me know.

If there's a way for me to somehow fix this myself, let me know.
I believe the data from the dex is drawn from the server data files, specifically Astrolotl's evolution level is stored in pokedex.ts line 16696 on GitHub. You can submit a GitHub Pull Request to have this changed. For the other two, I think there are evoType, and evoMove and evoCondition properties that handle specifying the other evolution methods, but you would have to double-check with similar Pokémon such as Espeon and Tsareena.

Hi, there was something I'm curious about. I was scrolling through the GitHub repository and when viewing the learnsets data, I noticed it doesn't include any egg moves. Where does the data on egg moves come from?

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi, there was something I'm curious about. I was scrolling through the GitHub repository and when viewing the learnsets data, I noticed it doesn't include any egg moves. Where does the data on egg moves come from?
it includes egg move data on the first stage of the evolution family

Is it possible to get a random battle team where all 6 members share a type? Also I know Battle Factory generates each team based on what's viable in a format (OU, UU, etc), so how many formats are possible and what is the chance of each?

Is it possible to get a random battle team where all 6 members share a type?
As distinct from Monotype Random Battle?
Also I know Battle Factory generates each team based on what's viable in a format (OU, UU, etc), so how many formats are possible and what is the chance of each?
Gen 7 Battle Factory chooses randomly from 8 tiers including LC and Monotype, each with an equal chance of being chosen.

As distinct from Monotype Random Battle?
I'm specifically referring to the "[Gen 8] Random Battle" that is the default format that you play if you click "Battle!" without changing your format, not any other kind of random battle like Monotype.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys, does someone have an idea of how much it takes to get a server approved and registered on the server list?
If you are asking what must be done to get a server registered, check here. If you're asking how long it takes, I do not know, but such things are often done in bunches.

I'm specifically referring to the "[Gen 8] Random Battle" that is the default format that you play if you click "Battle!" without changing your format, not any other kind of random battle like Monotype.
In that case, it's only mathematically possible. Obviously you first have to roll six Pokémon of the same type. For Water type, which as I recall is the most common type, I think that's already only a 0.00143% chance. Then you have to roll a further 20% chance for each Pokémon after the first two... although if you fail one of those, you can still recover by rolling a seventh Water type...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)