5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay...let me trace my steps. I'm (still) going for a Timid Flawless Deino by standard non c gear method by capture in the wild. I am using PPRNG for Mac.

1. Punched in my Mac address (00-23-CC-BF-8A-5F) in the DS Parameter Searcher. Punched in the date and time I was going to start my DS (4/1/2011 at 1:01:23). My version is White English and I'm using a DS Lite. Loaded the game, caught a Pokemon and entered the IVs.

2.Searched Results. Got one result : 5DF156DB74E9B37B, Timer0 = C7F (the only one I ever seem to get), Vcount= 60, VFrame= 6, TIME: 01:01:24

3. Added the parameters to the configuration window.

4. Opened Standard Seed Searcher Window. Punched in IVs (31/0-31/31/31/31), set the dates to search from (4/10-4/30/2011), set minimum and maximum IV frames (1-6), checked "None" and "One" boxes under pressed buttons, and searched.

5. Got six results. I'll post one.
DATE: 2011/04/13 TIME: 6:12:23 Timer0: C7F Keys: X Seed: 532794DAB840B84B
IV FRAME: 1 31/2/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN: DRAGON PWR :70 !!!Frm: 818 NATURE: BRAVE ABIL: 0 SYNC: Y ESV: 1 GENDER : M/M/F/F

6. Loaded the game one second before the result time (due to the actual second), holding X. Load the game, DID NOT TURN ON C-Gear, and immediately Sweet Scented (my result frame was 1). Ended up catching a Deino Female level 39, Brave Nature, with 25-26/29-31/26-28/5-7/21-23/-8 IVs.

7. Double clicked the result in the searcher to bring up the inspector window. Clicked adjacents tab. Left the Seconds box as 1. Left the PID boxes untouched. Left the IV Frame as 1. Left the Encounter type as Wild Grass/Cave. Generated.

8. Got about 50 or so results. Every single of them has the Timer0 C7F. Only a handful have the IVs I want, and each one has the time and date exactly shown as the result in the searcher. The only difference between the good results is the PID (?) and the nature.

I really need help on this. This is as elaborate as I can get. I have no idea what to do next. :(

Thanks.
Bump x 2

I'm aware of this, and I even saw that Jolly one a single frame away but I tried and I'm just not getting it. And why doesn't the Jolly Sync override it?
You can either keep saving an additional time to advance the PID and eventually hit a synchronize frame (faster method) or you can get rid of your syncher (I heard it messes with nature results) and learn how to manipulate natures.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There's probably a real explanation, but I don't know what it is, so maybe. It's what happened to me.
Well, I tried 03/31/2031, 13:38:48 and got nothing st--

Also, you can't press any buttons until the Game Freak screen (with the comet) which is significantly later than the one you mentioned before.
Oh. Gonna try it again, this time I'll wait until the castle appears.

EDIT -- Again, nothing. Just to be sure, when is the seed precisely determined? When I load the game in the DS menu, when the Pokémon Company logo appears, when the Game Freak comet appears...?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
How can I determine my starting PID frame for breeding? I've got an Oshawott with 3 IV's at 31 (Atk is 31, so it has that Power item for that.) and a Timid Flawless Ditto in the Day Care. Got 3 eggs, first without Chatter, second with 1 Chatter and the last on with 2 Chatters, and I guess I start on PID frame 158. Is that possible for breeding?

Seed: EEAC5302BA448D7D
ID: 55913 SID: 14797

Edit:

Oh, here are my test run hatches, mentioned above.
1. Male Timid Oshawott; 4/31/31/30/31/31
2. Male Relaxed Oshawott; 31/31/31/30/31/31
3. Male Timid Oshawott; 4/31/31/31/31/31

There is no help button box in the PPRNG (Mac) Parameter Finder. :(
Ok, I believe what's happening is that your timer0 value is increasing to c80 whenever you hold a button. Try to hit a seed with a timer0 of C7F with no keypresses, and then try to hit a seed with a keypress and a timer0 of C80.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tried both IV/date combinations again, now looking for 0-59 seconds.

Well, I tried 03/31/2031, 13:38:48 and got nothing st--

Oh. Gonna try it again, this time I'll wait until the castle appears.

EDIT -- Again, nothing. Just to be sure, when is the seed precisely determined? When I load the game in the DS menu, when the Pokémon Company logo appears, when the Game Freak comet appears...?

...Oh. I guess I found out my problem. But now I have my parameters so who cares, right?

Hey guys, I have an issue on hand with the Stationary Pokemon Synchronized Frames.

I'm trying to get a shiny Virizion with good stats. I've RNGed other wild pokemons before and had success with those. Unfortunately, with Virizion, I get the right PID, I get the right seed, and do everything correctly. I even land the right nature that RNG says I will get.

The only problem is... RNG Reporter says it's shiny, but it's not. I know all my inputs are correct because I've used it on other pokemons and recieved shinies and the right stats there already.

Could there be a bug on the RNG Reporter 6.2 on Stationary shinies?
I do hit the right seed and PID frames and get the right results. Just not shiny.
BUMP

Notes: I tried it 4x and checked the next 9 frames to double-check my starting frame. It was correct. I also hit the right seed with the right nature, but it's not shiny.

I tried to do some with C7E instead of C7F since that's the other Timer0 I sporadically land on sometimes. I also hit the target PID that's suppose to be shiny, but still isn't even if it's the right nature. I'm sure my TID and SID are correct too.

For anyone who's willing to help, here's some info of my game.

Pokemon White
MAC Address: 0022AA06DA5C

PID:41944 SID:55301

Vcount: 60
Timer0: C7F (Sometimes C7E)
GxStat: 6
Vframe: 6

The last seed I checked for shiny.

Stationary Pokemon
07E16F66DB79E7F0
4-1-11
2:19:32
Hold: X

it's C7E instead of my usual C7F. I've hit that quirky on frame 57.
It wasn't shiny.

Here's what I've been doing:
1. Hit the seed, start up the game.
2. Walk 28 steps in Celestial Tower, repel runs out. (I walked 72 steps and then saved before I hit my seed). Use another repel.
3. Walk another 100 steps in Celestial Tower. Repel runs out.
4. Switch Chatot and Foongus (because Chatot is a lot higher level than Foongus, so repel actually works). Listen to my own sexy voice on Chatot ___ amount of times as needed to advance PIDRNG.
5. Take one step forward. Use Sweet Scent.
6. Capture Litwick, check IVs + nature + ability.
I was going to point out that you're walking 129 steps, but you said that you're hitting your IVs anyway so it doesn't matter in this case.

Celestial Tower 2F has a trainer who randomly rotates, which would be messing up the PIDRNG and adding unknown frames to it. (This is actually good to know, because I was also planning on RNGing a shiny Litwick on 2F soon as well.) Try this: Walk 128 steps on 1F, and make your final step so you're right next to the entrance to 2F. Then you can press left and immediately go to 2F (I'm pretty sure that this doesn't count as a step). As soon as you get there, pause so the NPC doesn't move, then do your switch/Sweet Scent. I'f I'm not mistaken, this should let you do your 128 step advancement without anything interfering. Let me know if this works.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
How can I determine my starting PID frame for breeding? I've got an Oshawott with 3 IV's at 31 (Atk is 31, so it has that Power item for that.) and a Timid Flawless Ditto in the Day Care. Got 3 eggs, first without Chatter, second with 1 Chatter and the last on with 2 Chatters, and I guess I start on PID frame 158. Is that possible for breeding?

Seed: EEAC5302BA448D7D
ID: 55913 SID: 14797

Edit:

Oh, here are my test run hatches, mentioned above.
1. Male Timid Oshawott; 4/31/31/30/31/31
2. Male Relaxed Oshawott; 31/31/31/30/31/31
3. Male Timid Oshawott; 4/31/31/31/31/31

Trying to RNG breed now. Put in a male and female tropius with no items whatsoever to calibrate it, and try to understand the breeding RNG. So I saved and calibrated my initial frame to (probably) 50, which was the only reasonable frame with a naive F with the DW ability, followed by a sassy DW male.

US Black on a DS lite, MAC 001DBCE1AB40, timer0 C7C

I found a non-cgear frame 8 gift, seed 669D2040B64A13D2
Time 4/17/11 16:46:00
With a target spread 31 / 22 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
With a father with 31 / 31 / 18 / 14 / 20 / 31
and mother with 8, 9 / 31 / 22 / 31 / 26 / 31

I aimed for a target frame (using Breeding (BW)) of 364, which should yield a Calm DW M with the spread M/F/x/F/x/x.

I got 2-16/31/31/14-15/31/31, which is obviously the wrong IV spread, but the right nature/gender/ability.

I did it again a few times using that baby (since it had better IVs than the father I was using before), and am consistently hitting the predicted nature/gender/(DW) ability, but even ignoring the IV spread, the inheritance spreads are turning up different from what it predicts.

Respawn Thundurus

So I got mixed with my 0Timer and so when I initially went for Thundurus, It wasn't having the IV's so I decided to give up and finally sorted everything out and now I'm Non-Cgearing with no problems.

I'm going to go for Thundurus again, but need to respawn him. If anyone has done this before at which point do I need to start advancing frames or be saved at etc? If anyone can help...thanks.

I was going to point out that you're walking 129 steps, but you said that you're hitting your IVs anyway so it doesn't matter in this case.

Celestial Tower 2F has a trainer who randomly rotates, which would be messing up the PIDRNG and adding unknown frames to it. (This is actually good to know, because I was also planning on RNGing a shiny Litwick on 2F soon as well.) Try this: Walk 128 steps on 1F, and make your final step so you're right next to the entrance to 2F. Then you can press left and immediately go to 2F (I'm pretty sure that this doesn't count as a step). As soon as you get there, pause so the NPC doesn't move, then do your switch/Sweet Scent. I'f I'm not mistaken, this should let you do your 128 step advancement without anything interfering. Let me know if this works.
There are also wandering NPCs on Floor 1 of Celestial Tower. However, there are two solutions to all this:

1. (What I did while abusing my shiny Litwick) Battle the wandering trainer and make sure they walk at least one square to get to you. They will wander, nevermore (At least until you exit the map).
2. Go to the top floor (Where the bell is). No wandering NPCs but you also have to worry about encounter slot, which should not be (too much of) a problem since every other one is Litwick.

To both hotdogturtle and hoiboy, hope all this helps. =D

Having some issues with my shiny capture. I'm trying to get a Litwick in the Celestial Tower on the third floor (no NPC movement unless I hit B).
My parameters:
VFrame: 8
MAC: 0009BF13CCF6
Timer0: C7F
Full Seed: A68A9CD7769A50F0

I hit a shiny PID on Frame 506. My starting PID Frame is 47. My IV Frame is 10. Here's what I did. My path includes 10 steps and then a turn.

1) I walked 384 steps with 3 pokemon do advance my frame.
2) I calculated that my PID should be at: 1 (start) + 384 (384 steps in a place with wild Pokemon) + 76 (38 turns) + 47 (start) = 508.

I realize this PID frame is 2 over my target one but I'm just doing this for testing. There's a path with 11 steps and then a turn which should put me at 504.

Is this calculation correct? I haven't been able to find which PID frame I'm landing on.

There are also wandering NPCs on Floor 1 of Celestial Tower. However, there are two solutions to all this:

1. (What I did while abusing my shiny Litwick) Battle the wandering trainer and make sure they walk at least one square to get to you. They will wander, nevermore (At least until you exit the map).
2. Go to the top floor (Where the bell is). No wandering NPCs but you also have to worry about encounter slot, which should not be (too much of) a problem since every other one is Litwick.

To both hotdogturtle and hoiboy, hope all this helps. =D
The only problem with that is that my shiny frame is Elgyem anywhere but 2F, so I'd have to find a new seed =/

But I appreciate the help and I'll post here once I start if I have any problems.

Having some issues with my shiny capture. I'm trying to get a Litwick in the Celestial Tower on the third floor (no NPC movement unless I hit B).
My parameters:
VFrame: 8
MAC: 0009BF13CCF6
Timer0: C7F
Full Seed: A68A9CD7769A50F0

I hit a shiny PID on Frame 506. My starting PID Frame is 47. My IV Frame is 10. Here's what I did. My path includes 10 steps and then a turn.

1) I walked 384 steps with 3 pokemon do advance my frame.
2) I calculated that my PID should be at: 1 (start) + 384 (384 steps in a place with wild Pokemon) + 76 (38 turns) + 47 (start) = 508.

I realize this PID frame is 2 over my target one but I'm just doing this for testing. There's a path with 11 steps and then a turn which should put me at 504.

Is this calculation correct? I haven't been able to find which PID frame I'm landing on.
You're way over 500. What's the nature sequence? It should be around frame 800. Walking in areas with wild pokes advances by 2, not 1.

Has anyone done non C-Gear abuse on a acekard 2i? If so, anyone knows the settings I should put in the seed encryption variables? Unless this isn't possible because it doesn't give me any results when trying to find the parameters.

Can someone tell me how to capture Shaking Spot Pokemons in a cave? I captured non-C gear wild pokemon, but I don't understand, where I have to be to see a shaking spot..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)