5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Are you saved inside or outside of the daycare building? If you're saved inside, the NPCs will behave differently when you walk outside depending on how many PID frames you advance. It's possible that they would behave in such a way as to make certain frames unhittable.

I don't think you want the details (see the research thread if you do), but using an everstone changes the way the egg frame is constructed (one extra RNG call before IV inheritance and PID generation) so it indirectly has an effect on what PID you get. The PID itself is not modified based on whether the everstone takes effect or anything like that, however.
I'm saved inside due to having to advance the RNG Frames. I can see that the person is moving in a certain way every time, so that's the only explanation I can go off of. Thanks!

What encounter type are the 3 starter Pokemon ?Are they Gift Pokemon?? Is it possible to rng them with the non c-gear method? I found a nice spread with starting frame 1...
And where do I find a list of certain Pokemon and their starting frames?

i with started b/w rng yesterday and i did zekrom and victini with prefect spreads ;)
i used synchronizers cause i don't know how it works with the pid frame?
so could anyone give me a short explain please, i need to know how i can find ne the pid startframe to abuse shinies ;)

I have no idea what happened to my post, so I'll ask again.
What is the next best place with no NPCs in B/W besides Victory Road?

EDIT: Also, findin' the Parameter, if a Pokemon evolves while usin' Rare Candies on it, will it's evolution mess up the whole process?

I have no idea what happened to my post, so I'll ask again.
What is the next best place with no NPCs in B/W besides Victory Road?

EDIT: Also, findin' the Parameter, if a Pokemon evolves while usin' Rare Candies on it, will it's evolution mess up the whole process?
I believe that as long as the NPC's arent moving you wont have an issue, route 1 just below accumula for example

And no it doesnt sometimes it actually makes it easier because you dont have to level it up as high to get your info

I believe that as long as the NPC's arent moving you wont have an issue, route 1 just below accumula for example

And no it doesnt sometimes it actually makes it easier because you dont have to level it up as high to get your info
Alright, what 'bout Wellspring Cave? Will that be good?

O.k., so evolution won't mess up a thin' B) Thanks for respondin'! Hope to find that Parameter, I'm assumin' most people use RNG Abuse Standard (without C-Gear).

So if I'm aiming for a perfect ditto, is there a way to achieve that without having the ability to Sweet Scent in Giant Chasm?

Hello, I need help from anyone using the PPRNG for Mac. How can I find my initial PID? Is it under Standard Seed Inspector?

Okay, I've run into a problem.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using.
I am using Version 9.75 BETA.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
I am trying to capture Zekrom in N's Castle.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
My target seed is :97ED2A043D8E54FA

My target frame is: 31 (30? 31 is the number I got in RNG Reporter.)
Delay: I'm using Standard Abuse

MAC Address: 0016569C8FA2
  • How did you verify your seed?
RNG Reporter? I'm not sure I understand the question.
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
I'm only doing IV Abuse, trying to get a flawless Zekrom. I ended up with the IVs of 24/6/2/24/24/16 and a Hasty nature.

I have five Pokemon in my party with a fainted Hasty Synchronize Munna in the front slot. I took 768 steps ( I believe) to advance the frame to 30, and the extra one frame came from battling Zekrom, if I'm right. The date/time was 4/1/11 11:23:37, with a delay of one second, so I started the game at 36 seconds. I didn't press any keys as the game started. Not sure what else you need to know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I asked this in one of the temporary threads a couple days ago but my post is gone, so I'll ask again. How do you RNG Pokemon in the Entralink Forest? Someone said that you need to use the C-gear method but I didn't get an explanation.

Also, I'd like to second the question from a few post ago about how to RNG a good Ditto since you can't use Sweet Scent.

Okay, I've run into a problem.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using.
I am using Version 9.75 BETA.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
I am trying to capture Zekrom in N's Castle.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
My target seed is :97ED2A043D8E54FA

My target frame is: 31 (30? 31 is the number I got in RNG Reporter.)
Delay: I'm using Standard Abuse

MAC Address: 0016569C8FA2
  • How did you verify your seed?
RNG Reporter? I'm not sure I understand the question.
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
I'm only doing IV Abuse, trying to get a flawless Zekrom. I ended up with the IVs of 24/6/2/24/24/16 and a Hasty nature.

I have five Pokemon in my party with a fainted Hasty Synchronize Munna in the front slot. I took 768 steps ( I believe) to advance the frame to 30, and the extra one frame came from battling Zekrom, if I'm right. The date/time was 4/1/11 11:23:37, with a delay of one second, so I started the game at 36 seconds. I didn't press any keys as the game started. Not sure what else you need to know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
You're doing everything right. Try catching Zekrom as soon as you enter the game, without walking any steps and then enter the IVs and all the info into the DS parameter finder to see what Timer0 you're hitting. Also try to notice if you're constantly getting the same IVs.

Did anyone post a reliable guide on how to RNG eggs yet? I get the PID for eggs and events is different than the RNG for regular pokemon but I don't uunderstand how to manipulate it. Also does this new RNG reporter support DSi's so I can try bears method?

To RNG an already encountered thundurus, defeat it, beat the elite four; then save in front of old lady in the house, then load up the game and hit target frame, then talk to lady?

Also, will I need to perform another DS Parameters search for Black if I use the same DS Lite to RNG on white?

Hello, I got a question about Shiny breeding (with perfect IVs). I already posted this yesterday, but it seems that is has been deleted.

So I already had successes with breeding shiny pokemon with perfect IVs, BUT i want to know if there is an "elegant" method to do it. The problem is, that the nature and ability in the *Time Finder*, don't match up with the one in the *main menu*. I was searching for a timid one, and luckily, the time finder found one on PID-Frame 226. So I copied it into the main menu, but the only shiny Pokemon with this seed, was brave and on a different PID-Frame. I first thought that I tipped my SID wrong in the Main Menu or in the Time Finder, but they are the same.

So right now I'm just searching for a good spread in the Time Finder, and then I c&p it to the main menu. There I look if a shiny got the right nature, ability etc. But it consumes too much time.. last time I had to search about 1200 Seeds till I found my pokemon.

Hey you guys I believe I made a post in here the other day about egg hatching RNGs for 5th gen but I cant find it now and when I go to show my statistics and view my posts it says: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. Its ok though I dont think I put enough of the required information anyway. Ok, so here is what I am tryn to do.

Hatching for IVs on a Non-Shiny Adamant Axew with 31-31-31-0-31-31. I can Power Brace Attack or Speed onto him.

My target frame was 8 because I was under the impression that when you talk to the daycare man to receive the egg it advances the frame by 7..?? I am using a Non-Cgear seed because I am still a little unsure how to go about using Cgear seeds. I dont get the whole delay timer thing. Non-Cgear seems way easier. I'm not sure whether my problem is I am using the wrong frame or I should be using a Cgear seed for egg hatches. I have been getting mixed results on my egg hatches. not seeing any patterns yet.

White Version

RNG REPORTER = 9.75 BETA

MAC = 0023CCF19F7C

DURANT SEED - NON-CGEAR: 6FF70A0CFA6182EE (think those are zeros and not O's from what it looks like on the RNG Reporter)

TIME = April 19 2011 5:55:25

IVS = 24-25 | 22-23 | 6-9 | 20-21 | 24-25 | 2-3

Another question I have been having about egg hatching RNG is under "Encounter Type" in the RNG Reporter I should be choosing "Gift Pokemon" for egg hatching yah?

Snow cloud, you're having the same problem I am having. In time reporter you do use gift pokemon and any time you add a pokemon to your party advances the frame by seven, meaning the starting frame for eggs and any other gifts is eight. However, that only takes into account the IV RNG; there is a seperate RNG for nature, ability, shinies, and IV inheritance that you and I both have yet to figure out.

Also, it's possible to use a frame later than eight or a different time to get the proper results.

Well, I can safely say that I've mastered the basics for RNGing standard Pokemon, there's just one particular type of wild capture that continues to boggle me:

How do I capture rustling grass/dust cloud/rippling water/other phenomena like that?

...especially rippling water.

To RNG an already encountered thundurus, defeat it, beat the elite four; then save in front of old lady in the house, then load up the game and hit target frame, then talk to lady?

Also, will I need to perform another DS Parameters search for Black if I use the same DS Lite to RNG on white?
No. The IVs for Thundurus are generated right as you beat the Pokemon League champion. In other words, you are screwed.

Does changing time to hit seeds affect your ability to enter Dreamworld?

I haven't entered it in a week, but it's claiming its out of energy and needs to wait a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)