5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

^@NiGHtsBeta09:Read the 3rd post in this thread. It explains how to get rid of weather.

You're using a flashcard. That's why you're getting no help. Flashcards don't all have usable parameters and the process of finding flashcard parameters is much more tedious. You're going to have to use some common sense to guide yourself.

You ask "what's the min/max of parameters?" The search range is different depending on your flashcard/firmware and I don't think there's been much (or any?) research on flashcards. You're going to have to search very large ranges for each parameter until you find a result. Then you'll have to test that result by a) using a different time; see if you get the same parameters again b) try RNGing with those parameters.

Note that RNG reporter allows 0-FFFF for each parameter. I'm not sure if each parameter can take on any value between 0-FFFF (doubt it 'cause I've never seen GxStat other than 6 or 86 and I don't think I've seen VFrames higher than 3F either. I think VCount tends to be 60 or lower and timer0 is pretty much anything. Those searches could take hours if your computer is slow. I'd say this is a decent starting point and you can expand it from there if you get no results.

Before you do that try to start your game at the same time several times and see if you can get the same Pokemon (IVs, nature, everything) each time. If you get the same Pokemon each time it means your flashcard has usable parameters.

Don't calibrate 50 times! If you do it right you will only need to calibrate 2 times. 1 to find your parameters, second to verify. After that you only need to play around with the parameter finder until you find your parameters and can verify they are correct.
ok i did check twice if my flashcard parameters are usable, and it is, so ill try to find the parameters now

im turning my pokemon game at 09:00:20 with these parameters:
seconds:20/30
Vcount:0/60
timer0:b00/dff
GxStat:6/86
Vframe:0/1f
Am I doing this right?oh almost forgot the IV from the femeale durant:9/0/22/13/22/21

ok i did check twice if my flashcard parameters are usable, and it is, so ill try to find the parameters now

im turning my pokemon game at 09:00:20 with these parameters:
seconds:20/30
Vcount:0/60
timer0:b00/dff
GxStat:6/86
Vframe:0/1f
Am I doing this right?oh almost forgot the IV from the femeale durant:9/0/22/13/22/21
GxStat is not 6-86. It's 6 OR 86. 86 is for soft resetting. If you get no results without soft reset checked try searching with soft reset checked. I remember Bond697 saying flashcards can have soft reset parameters even though you're not soft resetting. GxStat 5-7 should be good for no soft reset and 85-87 for soft reset. Everything else is you have is good.

You will also need a second date/time/IVs for verification so do it again at another date/time. Save the dates/times/IVs somewhere.
If you get no results with and without soft reset checked, try expanding VCount and Timer0 maybe VFrame too.

Once you have your 2 sets of IVs it's just a game to find your parameters. Play with the parameter finder 'til something pops up. Then use the second IVs to see if you've found the right parameters. If not expand some more.

GxStat is not 6-86. It's 6 OR 86. 86 is for soft resetting. If you get no results without soft reset checked try searching with soft reset checked. I remember Bond697 saying flashcards can have soft reset parameters even though you're not soft resetting. GxStat 5-7 should be good for no soft reset and 85-87 for soft reset. Everything else is you have is good.

You will also need a second date/time/IVs for verification so do it again at another date/time. Save the dates/times/IVs somewhere.
If you get no results with and without soft reset checked, try expanding VCount and Timer0 maybe VFrame too.

Once you have your 2 sets of IVs it's just a game to find your parameters. Play with the parameter finder 'til something pops up. Then use the second IVs to see if you've found the right parameters. If not expand some more.
oh ok, if nothing shows up, ill try it on my brother acekard, maybe i get some results, thanks^^

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
This may sound fairly obvious but if there's an option to have the game automatically boot up when you start the flashcart you should use it for consistency.

I have some experience w/ an Acekard 2i. The Timer0 can be between D00 and F00, VCount is between 60 and 70, and VFrame is always 7. Sometimes Timer0 can fluctuate a lot though and other times it doesn't. I'm not sure what causes that nor what fixes it. Oh and the seconds is +8. You have to open globalsettings.ini and set autorunWithLastRom to 1. When you start the flashcart while holding B it won't automatically start btw.

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply to my problem. My seed's IVs are not the first ones in the first 10. It is at frame 3, I am using C Gear RNG. It has another IV for each frame in front of the ones I want. ie. 7 / 12 / 31 / 10 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 15 / 2. I would love if somebody would please tell me what I should do. Do I need to advance the frame after I turn on the C Gear with 2 pokemon in my party and it will come up? Or when do I advance the frame? I tried doing the former and it didnt work for me. Please help. Nintendo DSi, Newest RNGreporter and Eon Timer. Pokemon Black.

Still having trouble trying to find my initial frame for my shiny roamer. After 0 pid frame advances i get a naughty nature then when i advance it by 1 i get a lax nature after 2 advances i get lax nature again and i cant seem to find that pattern anywhere i could be doing it wrong but i really could do with some help.

I got a question about RNGing thundurus, I hope someone can help please. ^^
Okay so do I save in the house, hit my seed, then come out and that's it? or is there anything that will advance your frame or something?

Red

I got a question about RNGing thundurus, I hope someone can help please. ^^
Okay so do I save in the house, hit my seed, then come out and that's it? or is there anything that will advance your frame or something?
Thats really about it if you want to do it that way. It's easier doing what you said. just save inside the house, right beside the door, hit seed, and exit. ;)
beware that the weather advances the PID frame I belive

Still having trouble trying to find my initial frame for my shiny roamer. After 0 pid frame advances i get a naughty nature then when i advance it by 1 i get a lax nature after 2 advances i get lax nature again and i cant seem to find that pattern anywhere i could be doing it wrong but i really could do with some help.
Your problem is that you're looking for exact patterns. You have 3 things that can affect the PID frame, the rain from the roamer, the NPCs on route 7 and "natural" weather. Ideally you should be doing it in a month where there's no natural weather on route 7 so you only have to deal with the rain from the roamer & NPCs.
Your advances should be in 5s or 10s not 1, 2, 3...
You're not going to find the right pattern like that. Do 0 advances, 5 advances, 10 advances etc and look for the pattern. Don't expect them to be exactly 5 apart.
You can also use the characteristic to help you find your starting frame. RNG reporter does not display characteristics right now so you'll have to figure them out yourself using the PID%6 method. Tesseraction's breeding guide explains it (post 3) and Kaphotics explains how to setup researcher to do it for you here.

Ugh, if I get IVs right the Nature is wrong and vice versa. Dreamworld Espeon better be worth this (I lost my game mid-RNG, just now picking it back up)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, if I get IVs right the Nature is wrong and vice versa. Dreamworld Espeon better be worth this (I lost my game mid-RNG, just now picking it back up)
they came out with female DW eevees, if you'd rather just breed one (with egg moves too, and shiny).

Tried about 10 times now, still can't find parameters. If I do find parameters I try again right after, and then I go back to not being able to find the parameters. Watched bearfan's videos about 10 times a piece and even printed out a copy of the walkthrough on page 1. I'm still stuck, hopefully it's something silly.

My list of what I do to not get my parameters
http://imgur.com/Pa0Qn (sorry not forum savvy, I don't understand the physical intricacies of thumbnails)

What I do:
-I fly to the last cave on top of Victory Road.
-Save the game then quit out.
-Sync up the clock and dates. In this case, July 22, 2011 at 6:20:20 so military time isn't a confusing factor.
-Game shuts off, I turn it back on.
-I press A once at initial loading screen.
-When the seconds hand reaches 20, I immediately press A.
-When the screen gets to N's castle is when I press A again.

NOTE:I have C-Gear on(I read somewhere it didn't matter, will try it off a few times after).

-Immediately after loading I press x, and then proceed to sweet scent, and then capture the pokemon.

ALSO NOTE: In the videos, I was under the impression that the amount of pokeballs and the time it takes to capture is irrelevant, so I've never worried too much about this.

-I then get the iv's from metalkid's and/or the built in one on RNG.
-I input the iv's and then fill in or make sure my version and mac address are good, no buttons held, then I hit search.

9/10 times comes up nothing. I've tried widening the parameters, and that still doesn't get anywhere. Visited the IRC, and was advised to post the problem here. Any help/advice would be awesome, thank you.

Reposting this from two pages back:

Coming back to my Tornadus issue (again...). (Using 9.81 Beta)

I just need to make sure I'm counting these frames right. I have no issue with them with stationaries. But because this is a roamer and it's a pain to beat the E4 and Champion again, I'm being more cautious. (Although timer0 will probably be an enormous pain to deal with...)

I'm using seed 05C4BCD4859C0FCA, where my TID/SID combo has a shiny PID frame on frame 51. The reporter says it's starting frame is 42. Starting at 42 + 6 from the Champion = 48. Do I need to be on frame 50 or 51 to generate the shiny Tornadus? I'm not sure if generating Tornadus advances the PID frame by anything. So, basically what I'm asking is, do I save twice or thrice before fighting the Champion?

Also, about adjacent seeds... I don't have any trouble getting them for stationary and roaming pokemon (+ or - 1 timer0 value and +/- 1 second), but I'm having trouble generating them for Wild Pokemon. Is this supposed to happen? Because I'm trying to RNG some random wild pokemon in Victory Road with no NPCs in the area, but none of the pokemon I get fit the 1 single adjacent seed I'm given. :/
Also: Does Abundant Shrine have any wandering NPCs I have to worry about? Just adding this in advance to me RNGing a shiny Landorus afterward.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tried about 10 times now, still can't find parameters. If I do find parameters I try again right after, and then I go back to not being able to find the parameters. Watched bearfan's videos about 10 times a piece and even printed out a copy of the walkthrough on page 1. I'm still stuck, hopefully it's something silly.

My list of what I do to not get my parameters
http://imgur.com/Pa0Qn (sorry not forum savvy, I don't understand the physical intricacies of thumbnails)

What I do:
-I fly to the last cave on top of Victory Road.
-Save the game then quit out.
-Sync up the clock and dates. In this case, July 22, 2011 at 6:20:20 so military time isn't a confusing factor.
-Game shuts off, I turn it back on.
-I press A once at initial loading screen.
-When the seconds hand reaches 20, I immediately press A.
-When the screen gets to N's castle is when I press A again.

NOTE:I have C-Gear on(I read somewhere it didn't matter, will try it off a few times after).

-Immediately after loading I press x, and then proceed to sweet scent, and then capture the pokemon.

ALSO NOTE: In the videos, I was under the impression that the amount of pokeballs and the time it takes to capture is irrelevant, so I've never worried too much about this.

-I then get the iv's from metalkid's and/or the built in one on RNG.
-I input the iv's and then fill in or make sure my version and mac address are good, no buttons held, then I hit search.

9/10 times comes up nothing. I've tried widening the parameters, and that still doesn't get anywhere. Visited the IRC, and was advised to post the problem here. Any help/advice would be awesome, thank you.
cgear off always when calibrating parameters

ObviousEnd: I believe it does, since when I RNG'ed Landorous on my cart I realized the SSF was by +20.
I see. Is there any way to stop them? I recall wandering trainer NPCs could be stopped in D/P/Pt using the VS. Seeker and battling them. I know there's no VS. Seeker in B/W, but will battling them stop them should they be trainers?

Battling any trainers I believe. But when I did it I never battled any and the starting frame was consistent every time when I RNG'ed it, all I had to do is advance the PID by the difference from the SSF to the target. Maybe the same will happen to you.

Battling any trainers I believe. But when I did it I never battled any and the starting frame was consistent every time when I RNG'ed it, all I had to do is advance the PID by the difference from the SSF to the target. Maybe the same will happen to you.
I'll see how it turns out once I get to him. But first I have to deal with Tornadus first, and I don't know how to do it (well, the last part of it anyways).

What's a good way to find the starting PID Frame for a shiny roamer? I've tried finding a pattern but there were a ton of possibilities. Is there a certain PID range I can look in for each season (since the pre-heavy rain weather will make the SSF different depending on what season you're RNGing in)? I heard I can just upload the Thundurus to Pokecheck to find the PID but for some reason I'm not able to connect to Pokecheck. It's just a simple one-step process of changing the DNS to match the given address so I don't understand what I could be doing wrong. When I go into the GTS it lets me deposit a pokemon instead of giving me an error like it promised on the site :( I also can't find any data about my deposited pokemon.

PID%6 method. Try that to narrow down your possibilities of what nature and frame it could be on, and then look at a range between 500-700 with those natures.

If you're still having trouble start advancing the PID frame in increments of 5 or 10 and maybe that'll help you narrow it down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)