5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

whoa, this new version is godly!
one thing: can be found somewhere, in the RNG reporter, the gender ratio of each pokemon? 'cause I've never seen it anywhere. I have always to check on bulbapedia.
it would be very useful if it could be found in the "pokedex-iv checker" window.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i guess the rnging ID in dsi problem is not solved in this version right?
Actually, it should be. It previously used the wrong information (DS instead of DSi) when calculating seeds, so it should be fixed now.

whoa, this new version is godly!
one thing: can be found somewhere, in the RNG reporter, the gender ratio of each pokemon? 'cause I've never seen it anywhere. I have always to check on bulbapedia.
it would be very useful if it could be found in the "pokedex-iv checker" window.
It's even easier than that. Try right-clicking the Gender Ratio box in the Time Finder.

I redid my parameters and this time I got an actual time of 1 sec, which from what I read is the usual time for a ds lite. Anyway I got a question: according to one guide I should just be pressing 'a' when I hit my seed and then 'xba' befor advancing. Is this right?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It could just be me not understanding the guide, rather than it being misleading... just follow the links down the end of the page where it says shiny, flawless eggs:

http://thegamingforum.org/forum/f11...neration-rng-abuse-section-3-calibration-226/
You don't press them all at once; you press them separately at different times for different reasons.

You mash X to bring the menu up as quickly as possible so the NPCs will stop moving. (They will have moved some while the seasons come up, but that can't be helped.) Then B to cancel out of the menu after you've done your Chatters, if necessary. Then mash A as quickly as possible to talk to the Day-Care Man, in order to stop the NPCs from moving again.

if you mean this part:

"Hit Your Seed again, and instead of mashing A at the Season screen, Mash X to bring up your menu as soon as possible. Be careful not to overdo it and close the menu on mistake. View your Chatot as many times as needed. Then, Press B once or twice to close your menu and quickly mash A to collect your egg before that NPC can destroy your PIDRNG. Hatch it, and enjoy the newborn!"

it means that, when entering the game, you have to open the menu (with X) as fast as possible, so that hopefully the NPC that advances the frame has no time to do it, 'cause NPCs stop moving when the menu is open (or when you talk with someone). after you advanced the frame by the right amount with chatot, you have to close the menu (with B) and, after doing so, press A as fast as possible, in order to talk to the old man before (still hopefully) that NPC advances the frame.

edit: ninja'dddddddddd!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to get (Standard Seed) a stationary in BW, i have already my parameters, and i was looking for a good spread. The page linked in the RNG says this (sry for the bad pic), so i picked 3 as Encounter Slot. No results in 2012, so i tried 2011, with these parameters, and that spread came out. Is that ok or i did something wrong? These Encounter Slot stuff are totally new to me
Are you doing a stationary Amoonguss (the ones from item balls) or a random wild encounter? If it's a stationary one, then you need to use the Stationary encounter type and you don't need to bother with encounter slots at all.

How does that work? I still get a message saying I need to input the Full Seed from Time Finder.

Seed: B9E444FD
You need to convert it into a Standard Seed for it to work.

-> extrapolate backwards to the Standard Seed Time
-> Simple Seed Generator to generate your Standard Seeds according to that Time
Basically found out what time you get/hit when entering into the game and use that with the simple seed generator to generate a standard seed.

-> Find out which one you hit with a Parameter Search at that time (what timer0)
-> This is now the Standard Seed for the method
Since at most you have two timer0 going on, use Parameter search to figure out what Timer0 you'll getting at the time.

You need to convert it into a Standard Seed for it to work.

Basically found out what time you get/hit when entering into the game and use that with the simple seed generator to generate a standard seed.

Since at most you have two timer0 going on, use Parameter search to figure out what Timer0 you'll getting at the time.
O_o I don't understand that at all. Lol

Actually, it should be. It previously used the wrong information (DS instead of DSi) when calculating seeds, so it should be fixed now.

It's even easier than that. Try right-clicking the Gender Ratio box in the Time Finder.
oh thats so great thx OD and everyone :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And how do I find that out? And do I need to hit my delay?
Should just be the minute you start from plus the length of the first timer (possibly give or take a second, if it's near a second change). You still need to hit your delay, or else you'll get the right nature but the wrong IVs.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
O_o I don't understand that at all. Lol
Ask Kaph, PoJ, or even OD to better classify what I said. I was just as confused as you was when PoJ explain it to me.
Research post with a full guide and explanation will be up later today, but for now --

You need to take the time and delay of your C-Gear seed and work backwards to find your Standard Seed.

1) Before you attempt this, move all Entralink Pokemon except your target into the Deep Clearing. This minimizes the effect of randomly moving Pokemon on your timing.

2) Let's say I have a C-Gear seed with a date of 2\14\2012, a time of 3:59:57 and a delay of 5623. Each delay is 1\60 of a second, so we need to divide it by 60 to get the total number of seconds. 5623 / 60 = 93.7 seconds.

3) Subtract 93.7 seconds from my C-Gear seed time to get the time of the standard seed, because that's when delay starts counting. 3:59:57 - 93.7 seconds = 3:58:23

4) Plug the date, time, and your DS parameters into the Adjacent Seed tool (under the 5th Gen Tools menu), and click Generate. You'll be given a list of standard seeds. Seeds in white have your target seconds; seeds in grey are adjacent seconds and\or Timer0s. The tool will also give you Chatot pitches for each seed so you can verify your seed.

5) Plug the seed in the main window, with Gen 5 PIDRNG and Entralink Pokémon selected. Calculate the initial PIDRNG frame. Look for a frame that has the nature you want, but also gives you enough time to get into the Entralink. (50 seconds minimum is ideal.) It also should not be on a "skip" frame.

6) When doing your Chatters to verify your seed, you must do them in a multiples of 3, otherwise the timing and skipped frames will change.

7) When you turn on the C-Gear, that is when you must start keeping track of time. Enter the Entralink when necessary.

8) Move to the forest as quickly as possible and then talk to the Pokemon to stop it from moving. Wait until the timer says you have reached your target frame, then select "Yes" to encounter your Pokemon. If you were successful, your Pokemon should have your desired nature. If not, the moving Pokemon's advancements may have messed up your frame.

Research post with a full guide and explanation will be up later today, but for now --

You need to take the time and delay of your C-Gear seed and work backwards to find your Standard Seed.

1) Before you attempt this, move all Entralink Pokemon except your target into the Deep Clearing. This minimizes the effect of randomly moving Pokemon on your timing.

2) Let's say I have a C-Gear seed with a date of 2\14\2012, a time of 3:59:57 and a delay of 5623. Each delay is 1\60 of a second, so we need to divide it by 60 to get the total number of seconds. 5623 / 60 = 93.7 seconds.

3) Subtract 93.7 seconds from my C-Gear seed time to get the time of the standard seed, because that's when delay starts counting. 3:59:57 - 93.7 seconds = 3:58:23

4) Plug the date, time, and your DS parameters into the Adjacent Seed tool (under the 5th Gen Tools menu), and click Generate. You'll be given a list of standard seeds. Seeds in white have your target seconds; seeds in grey are adjacent seconds and\or Timer0s. The tool will also give you Chatot pitches for each seed so you can verify your seed.

5) Plug the seed in the main window, with Gen 5 PIDRNG and Entralink Pokémon selected. Calculate the initial PIDRNG frame. Look for a frame that has the nature you want, but also gives you enough time to get into the Entralink. (50 seconds minimum is ideal.) It also should not be on a "skip" frame.

6) When doing your Chatters to verify your seed, you must do them in a multiples of 3, otherwise the timing and skipped frames will change.

7) When you turn on the C-Gear, that is when you must start keeping track of time. Enter the Entralink when necessary.

8) Move to the forest as quickly as possible and then talk to the Pokemon to stop it from moving. Wait until the timer says you have reached your target frame, then select "Yes" to encounter your Pokemon. If you were successful, your Pokemon should have your desired nature. If not, the moving Pokemon's advancements may have messed up your frame.
Okay, this may sound incredibly stupid, but how do I make sure I hit the IVs? Wouldn't turning the C-Gear on reseed the IVRNG?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Okay, this may sound incredibly stupid, but how do I make sure I hit the IVs? Wouldn't turning the C-Gear on reseed the IVRNG?
Dude... this technique is for Entralink Pokémon. You're forced to turn on the C-Gear in order to get into the Entralink in the first place.

Meh, I'll just wait for the guide. I'm too confused right now.
This guide had all the necessary info. If you're confused by this, then I'm afraid my later research post will not help you either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)