5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, I'm at the Desert Resort Entrance, my starting frame is 50 and my Shiny PID is 418. So I did 368 Chatters, but ended up on frame 422. So I tried again and did 4 Chatters less, but still got 422. What am I missing here? >__<

So, I'm at Route 4, my starting frame is 50 and my Shiny PID is 418. So I did 368 Chatters, but ended up on frame 422. So I tried again and did 4 Chatters less, but still got 422. What am I missing here? >__<
I'm leaning towards NPCs, but I'm not 100% sure.

So, I'm at the Desert Resort Entrance, my starting frame is 50 and my Shiny PID is 418. So I did 368 Chatters, but ended up on frame 422. So I tried again and did 4 Chatters less, but still got 422. What am I missing here? >__<
is there a sand storm there?.oh and thats a lot of advances so you may have miscounted your chatots

There are two types of frames. The IV frame and the PID frame.
Usually the IV frame is set to the minimum, so you don't really need to worry about that.
The PID frame is advanced, as you stated, by listening to Chatot. Your frame will never be 8. There is a minimum that the game sets it to. It's like 30 something to 50 ish.

As for determining how many frames the NPCs advance, you just don't the Chatot calls, see what frame you hit. Subtract the frame you hit from the Initial frame. Then take that number, subtract it from total number of Chatot calls needed. That number will be how many times you listen to Chatot.
Hmm I still don't get it. How can I know which frame I hit? Do I need to hatch it first and check its Iv or something else?

Hmm I still don't get it. How can I know which frame I hit? Do I need to hatch it first and check its Iv or something else?
first of all as said above,
there are 2 types of frames for a single seed
IV frame-determines ivs
and the pid frame-determines nature ,shinyness and ability
when rnging an egg.your starting iv frame is 8.
and your starting pid frame is between 40-60ish
npcs only advance pid frame.so your ivs are safe
in the main rng reporter window
chose breeding (BW)
and if your pokemon is holding everstone ,choose which nature is the holder
enter your seed into the seed (hex) box
then click calculate initial pidrng frame
then you'll get a value of 40-60 in the starting frame box.
hit generate
say you got 47 for your starting frame.,that means if there are no npcs you will get the nature ,ability corresponding to frame number 47.
but since there are npc ,that frame will shift up by about 2-7ish frames.
so what you need to do is find that shifted starting frame.
hit the seed and mash X when the season screen displays to get to the menu ,then quit and mash A as fast as you can to get your egg.now hatch it and match the nature gender and ability you got with the frames of the results you generated(for example if my initial frame is 47 ,ill match them 47 upwards).then if you get a match say frame 49,then deduct that from your target frame(say 57).and thats the number of advances you should do by chatots(57-49=8 chatot flips).then rehit your seed ,do the advances and get the egg

to verify whether you hit your seed.after getting the egg go to a place where you can catch a high level pokemon like victory road or something(your choice)then catch a pokemon with sweet scent,check its ivs and match them with the IV frames of your seed,
in the range of 14-25ish

first of all as said above,
there are 2 types of frames for a single seed
IV frame-determines ivs
and the pid frame-determines nature ,shinyness and ability
when rnging an egg.your starting iv frame is 8.
and your starting pid frame is between 40-60ish
npcs only advance pid frame.so your ivs are safe
in the main rng reporter window
chose breeding (BW)
and if your pokemon is holding everstone ,choose which nature is the holder
enter your seed into the seed (hex) box
then click calculate initial pidrng frame
then you'll get a value of 40-60 in the starting frame box.

hit generate
say you got 47 for your starting frame.,that means if there are no npcs you will get the nature ,ability corresponding to frame number 47.
but since there are npc ,that frame will shift up by about 2-7ish frames.
so what you need to do is find that shifted starting frame.
hit the seed and mash X when the season screen displays to get to the menu ,then quit and mash A as fast as you can to get your egg.now hatch it and match the nature gender and ability you got with the frames of the results you generated(for example if my initial frame is 47 ,ill match them 47 upwards).then if you get a match say frame 49,then deduct that from your target frame(say 57).and thats the number of advances you should do by chatots(57-49=8 chatot flips).then rehit your seed ,do the advances and get the egg

to verify whether you hit your seed.after getting the egg go to a place where you can catch a high level pokemon like victory road or something(your choice)then catch a pokemon with sweet scent,check its ivs and match them with the IV frames of your seed,
in the range of 14-25ish
When I click "calculate initial pidrng frame" I get nothing or do I need to click Generate to get something

When I click "calculate initial pidrng frame" I get nothing or do I need to click Generate to get something
Paste the seed after selecting your method, then calculate the initial PIDRNG frame. Once the starting frame has appeared on the left, click Generate below that.

I'm using PPRNG to rng my Victini wondercard, and I get the right IVS, and I do the same Chatot advancements, but the nature is always different. I'm doing this in the Elite Four Pokémon center. I'm using a DS Lite, and Black. My seed is AC9C3A4F9E4867CC

I tried several different seeds to no avail. I'm trying to get an Adamant nature. I would really appreciate any help.

RNG Reporter 9.94 is obscenely power hogging. Just take a look at my readings:

Don't get me wrong, it's a fairly capable machine Core2Quad @ 2.4 Ghz and 2 GB ram.

The result of ten minutes of max power consumption: 4 IV frame seeds with perfect IVs. So much for the quickness of 9.94.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm using PPRNG to rng my Victini wondercard, and I get the right IVS, and I do the same Chatot advancements, but the nature is always different. I'm doing this in the Elite Four Pokémon center. I'm using a DS Lite, and Black. My seed is AC9C3A4F9E4867CC

I tried several different seeds to no avail. I'm trying to get an Adamant nature. I would really appreciate any help.
Are you sure you're getting the right IVs? In Gen V, IVs and nature are tied to the same frame, so you should be getting the same nature if you're getting the same IVs.

RNG Reporter 9.94 is obscenely power hogging. Just take a look at my readings:

92% CPU
420 MB RAM

(would've posted TM pics, but doesn't come on the post for some reason)

Don't get me wrong, it's a fairly capable machine Core2Quad @ 2.4 Ghz and 2 GB ram.

The result of ten minutes of max power consumption: 4 IV frame seeds with perfect IVs. So much for the quickness of 9.94.
Well, hold on a second. RNG Reporter 9.94 is much faster than previous versions. If you were using 9.93 it would have taken longer than 10 minutes to find those 4 seeds, I'm almost positive.

However, I do agree that it takes up a ton of power. My laptop shuts off randomly sometimes if I'm running a time finder search, and I'm sure it's because of 9.94 because my laptop never shuts off if I'm not running a search. :(

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

You need to give more information. What frame are you aiming for on that seed? What nature are you getting?

How have you configured the Wonder Card Settings for your search? I see a Jolly 31/31/31/20/31/31 at frame 87, but no Adamant.

I'm going to rng a drilbur in wellspring cave. Let's say my seed has a starting pid frame of 50, an iv frame of 6 and a shiny pid frame at 500.

I would move 128 steps with 5 pokemon for 256 advances and make 16 turns for 32 more advances and hope a spot shows up. Let's say it does. I should then move to 1 spot away from the shaking spot and sweet scent to find my current pid frame which is at least 338. Let's say I find my pid to be 350.

Then i hit my seed again, do the movements and when I'm one spot away fro the shaking spot I chatter 148 times and step into it for 2 more advances to result in a pid frame of 500.

Is this the right way of going around performing this abuse?

I'm going to rng a drilbur in wellspring cave. Let's say my seed has a starting pid frame of 50, an iv frame of 6 and a shiny pid frame at 500.

I would move 128 steps with 5 pokemon for 256 advances and make 16 turns for 32 more advances and hope a spot shows up. Let's say it does. I should then move to 1 spot away from the shaking spot and sweet scent to find my current pid frame which is at least 338. Let's say I find my pid to be 350.

Then i hit my seed again, do the movements and when I'm one spot away fro the shaking spot I chatter 148 times and step into it for 2 more advances to result in a pid frame of 500.

Is this the right way of going around performing this abuse?
Yeah, that's right. Except when you step into the spot, it's not always 2 advances. I've experienced advances of 3 or 1 (someone who I was helping also said the step into the spot advanced by 1). So you might have to do a bit of trial and error, but the process you explained is correct. :)

By how much does sweet scent advance the frame? Maybe the reason you might see 1 or 3 is because this time you aren't sweet scenting but instead walking into the spot.

By how much does sweet scent advance the frame? Maybe the reason you might see 1 or 3 is because this time you aren't sweet scenting but instead walking into the spot.
Sweet Scent doesn't advance anything. The only reason the frame advances when you sweet scent is because a call needs to be made to the RNG to generate an encounter slot, PID, etc. And it doesn't really even matter, since RNG Reporter accounts for that advancement for you.

Personally when I caught my Excadrill (same thing, shaking ground spots), I found a seed I wanted on frame 1, threw up an Adamant syncher and hoped for the best, since having a syncher makes your odds of hitting that nature much greater, and assuming you don't care for gender you can just keep resetting till it eventually gives you one with Sand Rush, which was only several tries for me.

I suppose having a frame greater than 1 could help in eventually generating a sand cloud, but I opted to just reset if one didn't pop up within 128 steps (as that would advance the frame), as the converse is if one pops up too soon and you haven't walked enough steps to advance the frame, it could disappear by the time you do.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I suppose having a frame greater than 1 could help in eventually generating a sand cloud, but I opted to just reset if one didn't pop up within 128 steps (as that would advance the frame), as the converse is if one pops up too soon and you haven't walked enough steps to advance the frame, it could disappear by the time you do.
It doesn't always take 128 steps to advance the frame - for instance, if your step counter is saved on frame 127, it'll advance after only one step. Also, I've never seen a spot disappear before while walking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)