Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Whatever happened to the "Look what I bred" threads or something like that? I haven't been here for awhile, were they banned?

Mudkip, seaking, slowbro, and smugleaf
Bidoof has had a lot of coverage too.

Edit: If I put a weak pokemon at the head of my party with Exp Share attached to them, then immediately switch them out of battle in favour of a stronger pokemon. Does the Exp Share give more exp than if they didn't have it, or would it be worth just giving it to another weak pokemon in my party?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
If I put a weak pokemon at the head of my party with Exp Share attached to them, then immediately switch them out of battle in favour of a stronger pokemon. Does the Exp Share give more exp than if they didn't have it, or would it be worth just giving it to another weak pokemon in my party?
No. It gives one half of the Exp. because of the Exp Share in addition to the appropriate fraction of the remaining half, so if you are training two, it will not be helpful, or for that matter harmful, to attach Exp Share to the one which is not at the front.

Guys, i have a Modest Articuno, 13/5/20/11/31/4.

I was originally going for the UU Agility Sweeper set, hence i SR'd for the Modest nature, but seeing the IV's now, and the pure luck on the perfect 31 IV SpD, i'm thinking maybe it would be better to run a support set.

My question is, with these IV's, is it possibly to run a set that's kind of a mix between the two? Sort of like a Bulky Sweeper (if bulky and Articuno can be in the same sentence)? Or should i just chuck it away, are the other IV's too bad?

can some one give me the link of HG/SS RNG guide
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78139

Can anyone explain to me how exactly base stats are deduced?
We don't really deduce it; since it's an actual characteristic of a pokemon, we can pull it from the code (Base Stats aren't a community created property). To deduce it manually you'd have to get an extreme wide variable of stats and then do a bunch of math. This article is the best I could find as far as formulas using base stats.

Edit: Treadshot I recommend ditching it; if the Special Attack stat was better it'd probably be usable, but like that it's pretty inefficient.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys i had a few problem while RNGing.

1)OK so I had just begun the tutorial and was in my caliberation steps.Most came normal like about 12 seconds and 605-7 delay.But one , results was very queer.The delay came 605 and the seconds were 21. I had measured it was exactly 12 seconds yet the RNG Reporter showed 21.Is there any glitch cause a seconds value of 21 and delay value of 605 dont match.

2)Assuming the previous is a glitch,I moved on to the time finder tutorial and entered all the requisite information and clicked generate{I was looking for hex flawless shiny jolly dnite}The time generator started but it never stopped,i closed it about an hour.Uhh.... Does it take this long ??(looking for frame number of 1000-2000)

Please help me.

Which is better, Uxie or Giratina for battling the Sinnoh Elite Four? I've been using Giratina to stall while I revive and Hyper Potion/Full Restore all the rest of my team. I was wondering if Uxie's movepool would help more with the last two trainers though, who I can't quite seem to beat. And it's taking ages to train up the pokemon I want, because there's just a void of places to train level 50-ish pokemon efficiently in Platinum.

Which is better, Uxie or Giratina for battling the Sinnoh Elite Four? I've been using Giratina to stall while I revive and Hyper Potion/Full Restore all the rest of my team. I was wondering if Uxie's movepool would help more with the last two trainers though, who I can't quite seem to beat. And it's taking ages to train up the pokemon I want, because there's just a void of places to train level 50-ish pokemon efficiently in Platinum.
If you are having trouble with Lucian and Cynthia, a Weavile is very fast to train (you can even EV it pretty painlessly, since Atk and Spe are easy to find). Even if you don't want to trade for a Life Orb or a HG/SS move tutor, you can give it a plate or something with the moveset Swords Dance/Ice Punch/Night Slash/Brick Break. That set will outspeed everything in the Elite Four and OHKO Mr. Mime, Alakazam, Espeon, Roserade, Lucario, Togekiss, and Garchomp all at a fairly modest level.

EDIT:
There are actually a lot

Major=Mudkipz, Smugleaf, Seaking and Lanturn... I mean the beast
Minor= Bidoof, Closter (lol), Gardevoir, Lopunny, Slowpoke/bro probably more but there mostly minors.
Slowpoke is actually way, way above even Seaking. Only Mudkip is in his league. Slowpoke "combos" and "news updates" are two of the oldest memes on 4chan. In the first, people try to get off a series of posts with partial images of Slowpoke to piece together a full picture; other users try to disrupt the positioning by posting "c-c-c-combo breaker" between the images. In the second, the user posts a picture of Slowpoke accompanied by a post breathlessly declaring some very old news, as if Slowpoke is that far behind the curve (e.g., "Hey, guys, I heard they are gathering all of the Jews in Europe into some kind of camps! Isn't someone going to do something?"). Slowpoke is probably in the top 5 most posted in memes in the whole history of 4chan.

Also, speaking of Poke-memes, it is also worth noting: Metapod ("Penis used Harden!"), Ditto being a whore, and Porygon giving seizures. Also don't forget Pokedads (most notably Chardad, Blastdad, Venudad, and lately, Dragonite Dad). Honorable mention to Missingno.

about porygon giving seizures....why everyone say it was him when it was pikachu that used t-bolt on the missiles(thus causing the seizures)?

If you are having trouble with Lucian and Cynthia, a Weavile is very fast to train (you can even EV it pretty painlessly, since Atk and Spe are easy to find). Even if you don't want to trade for a Life Orb or a HG/SS move tutor, you can give it a plate or something with the moveset Swords Dance/Ice Punch/Night Slash/Brick Break. That set will outspeed everything in the Elite Four and OHKO Mr. Mime, Alakazam, Espeon, Roserade, Lucario, Togekiss, and Garchomp all at a fairly modest level.

EDIT:

Slowpoke is actually way, way above even Seaking. Only Mudkip is in his league. Slowpoke "combos" and "news updates" are two of the oldest memes on 4chan. In the first, people try to get off a series of posts with partial images of Slowpoke to piece together a full picture; other users try to disrupt the positioning by posting "c-c-c-combo breaker" between the images. In the second, the user posts a picture of Slowpoke accompanied by a post breathlessly declaring some very old news, as if Slowpoke is that far behind the curve (e.g., "Hey, guys, I heard they are gathering all of the Jews in Europe into some kind of camps! Isn't someone going to do something?"). Slowpoke is probably in the top 5 most posted in memes in the whole history of 4chan.

Also, speaking of Poke-memes, it is also worth noting: Metapod ("Penis used Harden!"), Ditto being a whore, and Porygon giving seizures. Also don't forget Pokedads (most notably Chardad, Blastdad, Venudad, and lately, Dragonite Dad). Honorable mention to Missingno.
Thanks man.

I'd like to add Hot Skitty on Wailord Action to the memes list. Which basically pokes fun at the fact that something as big as Wailord can breed painlessly with something as small as Skitty.

^yeah that's possible

Can you EV train lv100 pokemon? I've tried it but haven't gotten any results. I defeated 15 Clefables while wearing the Power Brace(HP?) and my Tyranitars HP still sits at 361.

^yeah that's possible

Can you EV train lv100 pokemon? I've tried it but haven't gotten any results. I defeated 15 Clefables while wearing the Power Brace(HP?) and my Tyranitars HP still sits at 361.
Nope, sorry. Best you can do is give your Tyranitar vitamins, which cap at 100 per stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)