Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

So, we're thinking of making this little gen IV tournament between some friends and friends of friends, anyway I wanna know/make sure of the following
First off we want to battle on wireless play not wifi, so here are the questions:
A- does wireless play have auto lv 100 option?
B- can they be identical to wifi battle style? (as in not groups or something, just one battles x at the time, same as wifi).

answers will be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know where I could find a strategy guide at Smogon for double battles? I just read over at Bulbapedia about the 2011 Video Game Championship, but I know nothing at all about double battles.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
One person trades the Pokemon they want to give away, the other person trades trade fodder (like a Pidgey or a Bidoof).

So, we're thinking of making this little gen IV tournament between some friends and friends of friends, anyway I wanna know/make sure of the following
First off we want to battle on wireless play not wifi, so here are the questions:
A- does wireless play have auto lv 100 option?
B- can they be identical to wifi battle style? (as in not groups or something, just one battles x at the time, same as wifi).

answers will be greatly appreciated.
Yes and Yes

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'm Not planning taking a long time on any of them.. I'm planning to restart, and I want get past the E4 before March.
Okay. For sweepers, try getting 31 in Speed and as high as possible in their sweeping stat, with a good nature. For bulkier Pokemon, try getting a good nature, and overall solid defensive IVs (15+ in all three). However, it really depends on how much work you are willing to put in as to how high the IVs are that you should shoot for.

What would be a good banlist and set of clauses to play by for a doubles tournament? I understand Pokémon Online has a banlist for doubles, but I can't seem to find it (I only found the singles one).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No, they don't. The only way is to stop tem being a Steel type.
Or be a poison type...but yeah, Steel (And Poison) Types don't get poisoned.

EDIT:
What would be a good banlist and set of clauses to play by for a doubles tournament? I understand Pokémon Online has a banlist for doubles, but I can't seem to find it (I only found the singles one).
I would say use the same banlist as singles, that would suffice imo.

I would say the one in my tournament running right now. It has the same PO ban list.

Keep or Contine to SR?

#146 Moltres [Mild]
IVs: 10, 11 / 26, 27 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 10, 11 / 14, 15
Stats at Lv.50: 155|0 / 118|0 / 99|0 / 159|0 / 95|0 / 102|0

I think the Speed may not help, but good Sp Att and Nice Def IV. Best IV Spread so far..

Is pokesav allowed over wifi here since I'm pretty new here and plan on making a team and I was wondering if it was allowed.

RNG help

I'm playing Diamond and I'm trying to RNG a trapinch with flawless IVs except in special attack.
Parent A is trapinch with 2/31/10-12/31/0/31 and parent B is ditto with 31/22/20/2/31/4

I've hatched perfect eggs before, but recently I haven't been successful. The spread I am trying to hit is on frame 20, and I hit frame 6 with this save file, so I'm starting with that. The delay I want is 628 and the time is 9:44:14 on Jan 31 2011. I'm also riding the bike, if that makes any difference.

I'm mad because I've hit delay 628 three times now, but not frame 20. The first time I increased the frame 7 times by 2 to supposedly get from 6 to 20, but I landed on 22. The second time, I tried only 6 times and landed on 18. The third time, I went back to flipping the journal page 7 times and ended up on 23.

Does anybody have any information about how frame increases in Diamond? I thought that it had to do with wandering NPCs, and I noticed that the wandering cowgirls by the day care move sometimes before I collect the egg, sometimes not, and that it depends on the delay (i.e. they always move the same way for a given delay at my reset time, at least at first). If I'm wrong about this please let me know, although this is something I noticed, not something somebody told me or something I read.

So, I thought that I had somehow gotten two extra frames because of the cowgirls on delay 628 the first time I hit it. I tried to compensate, knowing that I would lose the same two frames when I hit delay 628 again, but it didn't work. And, the third time, I hit an odd frame.

If anybody has any info for me, or any tips on how to hit the same frame over and over, please help me. I'm following the instruction on smogon's in-game RNG article for hatching perfect eggs.

Hi there, hopefully someone can help me.

I have a VGC-style tournament coming up next month. The rules are set to 2009 VGC. I am very much excited to participate, but I don't know what is good in 2009 VGC format. So basically I am looking for someone to quickly school me on the metagame so I know what direction to take when I make up my team.

Actually, if anyone would be kind enough to donate a team to me that would be incredible =]

<3
Anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)