Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a VGC regional, are you allowed to use a piece of paper abd a pencil during a battle? This would help me greatly during a battle. If it's not allowed, are there any other methods of remembering crucial events during a battle?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It never came up that I saw, but I've heard that people have tried and the workers told them to put it away.

If there's a particular battle you really want to remember, saving it as your Battle Video is probably your best bet. If you want to record more than one, though, you're kind of stuck.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
At a VGC regional, are you allowed to use a piece of paper abd a pencil during a battle? This would help me greatly during a battle. If it's not allowed, are there any other methods of remembering crucial events during a battle?
You can't do anything like that during a battle. However, if you are trying to record stuff to write a war story you can write a bit of stuff down between battles. You won't have too much time, though. I personally wrote down my opponents team and the order they sent them out in. I just tried my best to reconstruct the battle from there.

What Team Rocket Elite said. David Arnold pulled out the glasses cleaner from worlds which also had a type chart on it and they told him to put it away. Don't bother with it as it is not worth the risk if you get caught for the most part.

If you don't cancel participation, you can save an extra battle video with the "look back" feature. Only the most recent battle, though.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It doesn't work in all situations, but I've been able to save at least one battle vid between each match in the past ('09, '10). Give it a shot. Just look for an unlocked signal very close to the roped off area and get that wifi signal in your DS before the rounds start.

Aww no I just remembered Huy broke the streak for winning DSs in a row. So lame.

Kind of irrelevant too actually but whatever lol I haven't got mine yet either and I'm leaving for sheep land in either 3 or 4 days it's one of those I can't add up right cause I'm not sure whether to count the day it's on or not eehhh I'm getting all confused even just typing this I think I'm going to go to bed lol.

If the post man's late with it I probably won't like him any more, but then again I didn't really like him anyway cause he always delivers stuff late at like 3 in the afternoon. It's just not right.

Kind of irrelevant too actually but whatever lol I haven't got mine yet either and I'm leaving for sheep land in either 3 or 4 days it's one of those I can't add up right cause I'm not sure whether to count the day it's on or not eehhh I'm getting all confused even just typing this I think I'm going to go to bed lol.
Yeah I didn't get my DS either yet. Give us our free stuff!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aww no I just remembered Huy broke the streak for winning DSs in a row. So lame.

If the post man's late with it I probably won't like him any more, but then again I didn't really like him anyway cause he always delivers stuff late at like 3 in the afternoon. It's just not right.
If TPCi hasn't sent them out yet, send an e-mail to get it changed to your new address.

Yeah good idea actually Firestorm never thought of that, I guess I'll just pick it up next time I come home. And when it's arrived too obviously, lol. I'll just have to make sure my brother doesn't open it while I'm not here.

has any news come up yet on the 2012 worlds? or is it still too early, just so i know when to take training seriously lol

has any news come up yet on the 2012 worlds? or is it still too early, just so i know when to take training seriously lol
You'll know when the rules are announced. The forum goes nuts.
But as for worlds, it will be in Hawaii in August about the same time as this year. I don't know the exact dates though.

As for practicing, just play GBU on Pokemon Online and get yourself familiar with the Pokemon and potential VGC 2012 metagame. There really isn't much else to do now though but wait for the rules.

Honestly I say they can take as long as they want, it gives everyone more time to practice different teams using the rules from this years tournament and last years tournament.

probably in the next few weeks along with which regionals will be in november and which will be in april
*Ahem*
Colorado for November
Arizona for April

Those are the only ones i know so far.

EDIT:
Ft. Wayne, IN - November 12
SoCal (Long Beach Convention Center) - November 12

*Ahem*
Colorado for November
Arizona for April

Those are the only ones i know so far.

EDIT:
Ft. Wayne, IN - November 12
SoCal (Long Beach Convention Center) - November 12
My bad I'm on a shitty computer so i can't see much like pictures and such. Thankfully Arizona's is this April so that way I have more time practice my different teams.

My bad I'm on a shitty computer so i can't see much like pictures and such. Thankfully Arizona's is this April so that way I have more time practice my different teams.
Just an FYI - April regionals are not public info yet - just November ones.

All the PTO's are going to be biting at the bit to publicize their regionals for november, so check places like Pokebeach & Pokegym when the info comes up.

golden, al final mexico se queda fuera este año también? :/, por que no dijeron nada el dia 1 de septiembre D=, y las reglas ya estan anunciadas junto con los torneos de america (Canada y US)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How fast-paced is your usual VGC battle? In other words, how many turns is your typical match?

Also, is using the VGC tier on either PO or the Smogon server a reliable way to be fully knowledgeable of the VGCs? (I don't want to end up waiting forever for a match)

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Most vgc battles are 5-8 turns(sometimes 10). So pretty fast paced

You can go on The skarmbliss PO server, where they only do vgc ruleset. Im sure you can test there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)