Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Out of curosity, is there a way to acess the april fools version of showdown without it being april 1st? When I tried to search a link, it didn't work.

userstats is concurrent online users. I don't think there is a resource like the one your describing.
Unfort. Is there a place that shows the data from userstats in a more readable form, or a way to extract the data? I want to calculate the average activity on Showdown, and a dense mouseover line graph isn't going to cut it.

Probably the best you could use is smogon's usage page and look at the number of battles there. https://www.smogon.com/stats/
It's these numbers, right?
showdown data.PNG

I considered doing that, but I couldn't find data for some formats, most crucially RandBats.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Unfort. Is there a place that shows the data from userstats in a more readable form, or a way to extract the data? I want to calculate the average activity on Showdown, and a dense mouseover line graph isn't going to cut it.

It's these numbers, right?
View attachment 230946
I considered doing that, but I couldn't find data for some formats, most crucially RandBats.
You need to go in the specific format and see it, as I dont think thats it. Sadly, I dont think theres a way to see randomized formats for this.

Replays are saved under the userid, which is the name made all lowercase and all characters that arent letters or numbers removed. Hence why the name in search results looks like that. There simply arent any replays for that account.
How could someone who's #2 on the ladder have no replays?

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Question regarding RBY mechanics. In RBY there was a badge boost glitch which, if you aren't familiar with it, reapplied every time you boosted your stats. Did this also happen in link battles? If it did I think it would probably be needed to applied to RBY battles henceforth. If this is an issue with the player base you could just implement a clause to remedy this. For example a 0 Badge clause where we assume every player has 0 badges.

Question regarding RBY mechanics. In RBY there was a badge boost glitch which, if you aren't familiar with it, reapplied every time you boosted your stats. Did this also happen in link battles? If it did I think it would probably be needed to applied to RBY battles henceforth. If this is an issue with the player base you could just implement a clause to remedy this. For example a 0 Badge clause where we assume every player has 0 badges.
The badge boost isn't applied in link battles, so this isn't a problem.

I say in teambuilder (thanks for responding i was waiting like 3 hours) soo i see in teambuider nothing 3d from gen 8 only in battles
Soo what you have to say about?

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to run some small tournaments, potentially on a regular basis. I would want to run RR tours, which means low numbers, and therefore they would likely be semi-private. I'm also assuming that I'll need to experiment with the tour commands, since I've not used them before and I have no faith in my ability to follow basic instructions.

Given that these tours would have low numbers and I'd have no idea what I'm doing, I don't feel comfortable just randomly starting tours in a place like Ubers or RoA. I'm not even sure if these rooms have rules regarding who can start tours. Would there be an appropriate place for me to trial these tournaments?

I mean a private room sounds appropriate, but I looked at the thread and I'm preeeetty sure I don't meet the requirements, so I'm not sure what alternative there would be

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi, I would like to run some small tournaments, potentially on a regular basis. I would want to run RR tours, which means low numbers, and therefore they would likely be semi-private. I'm also assuming that I'll need to experiment with the tour commands, since I've not used them before and I have no faith in my ability to follow basic instructions.

Given that these tours would have low numbers and I'd have no idea what I'm doing, I don't feel comfortable just randomly starting tours in a place like Ubers or RoA. I'm not even sure if these rooms have rules regarding who can start tours. Would there be an appropriate place for me to trial these tournaments?

I mean a private room sounds appropriate, but I looked at the thread and I'm preeeetty sure I don't meet the requirements, so I'm not sure what alternative there would be
You can create a groupchat with /makegroupchat Name of Groupchat and invite the participants by typing /invite Username into the chat. For help with making tournaments, use /tour help

Why is Teleport so popular in SS OU? What makes it different from switching?
Teleport has a negative priority of -6, hence it (almost) always acts last. It automatically grants you momentum, as well as being a fantastic tool for Wish-passing, as you cannot really prevent a specific Pokemon from getting the wish other than preventing the Wisher from using Teleport

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)