Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Since I pulled last updates, "/hotpatch formats" command stopped working for mods on my server. Is there a new command for it? Or is it outright impossible now?
I suppose this problem connected to mods source files being generated in .data-dist/ now.

Since I pulled last updates, "/hotpatch formats" command stopped working for mods on my server. Is there a new command for it? Or is it outright impossible now?
I suppose this problem connected to mods source files being generated in .data-dist/ now.
You've always needed to use node build after editing any .ts file before hotpatching it, but I guess you've never had to hotpatch a .ts file before.

Is there any way to get showdown to ignore the IV calculations when choosing a Hidden Power Type? For example if I choose Hidden Power Bug, I want all six IVs to stay at 31 and ignore the calculation code.

I tried editing the function "getHiddenPower" in sim/dex.ts, but this didn't seem to do anything, so was wondering if it was another client side thing again, if so, I'll give it up as a bad job for now.

Is there any way to get showdown to ignore the IV calculations when choosing a Hidden Power Type? For example if I choose Hidden Power Bug, I want all six IVs to stay at 31 and ignore the calculation code.

I tried editing the function "getHiddenPower" in sim/dex.ts, but this didn't seem to do anything, so was wondering if it was another client side thing again, if so, I'll give it up as a bad job for now.
This isn't a problem for me. What format did you select in the teambuilder when Showdown! didn't ignore the IV calculations?

ok so basically i downloaded the client and server from github and set up my own server and im trying to edit the pokedex.ts file, but the changes arent showing up on the client. for example im trying to change mamoswine's snow cloak to adaptability, but not only does adaptability not show up on the teambuilder, but the validator says that mamoswine has snow cloak. type changes and base stat changes dont work as well. this used to work when the .ts files were .js files, but now it doesn't and i want to know how to make my .ts file edits appear on the teambuilder.
thanks for any help i can get!

i want to know how to make my .ts file edits appear on the teambuilder.
Server-side changes to species don't currently show up in the client, as it only uses the master data files from the main Pokémon Showdown! server.
To make changes to .ts files take effect for e.g. the team validator, run node build before hotpatching.

Hey it's me with my coding questions again.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there's a way to retriev the last Pokémon fainted in the team, especially if onAllyFaint() activates when a member of the party is KOed in single battles. I know I can use a variable in side to store the value, but I really cannot believe that there isn't a variable that keeps track of which member of the party switched out before the SwitchIn event happens.

The aim is to make Receiver activate in singles as well, making the holder inherit the ability of a fainted Pokémon the holder replaces on switchin, so I need either an identificator of the Pokémon replaced or a way to know which Pokémon in the team fainted last.

In what ways is the current client limited, and in what ways is the new Preact client better? In other words, why is PS switching clients?

I wanted to load up with a team and the server said Chansey can't learn Seismic Toss, Wish and Aromatherapy. Don't know if Chansey can't learn these moves in Sw/Sh, maybe it's because of that, or where there some bans on moves I didn't catch up on?

Luckily the only Pokémon that the server has problems with.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I wanted to load up with a team and the server said Chansey can't learn Seismic Toss, Wish and Aromatherapy. Don't know if Chansey can't learn these moves in Sw/Sh, maybe it's because of that, or where there some bans on moves I didn't catch up on?

Luckily the only Pokémon that the server has problems with.
If I remember correctly, those moves are incompatable due to wish being from an event and one/both of the other two being egg moves.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
why don't you use an image file until the animation is done? would be better than a blank square
A plain image from the game wont work, so we need to create a BW style sprite as well as edit the sprite from in game so it works.

Hey! I was wondering if this is really a bug or if it works like that: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1136457911

On Turn 3, I use Soak against Aegislash. He lost his Ghost Type in the process.
On Turn 4, I use Block against it, so he can't leave.
On Turn 7, Aegislash switches normally, as if it still were a Ghost-Type.

I'd like to know if this a bug before reporting it, so the bug reports can be clean and I don't want to give the staff more trouble zzzz

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Hey! I was wondering if this is really a bug or if it works like that: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1136457911

I'd like to know if this a bug before reporting it, so the bug reports can be clean and I don't want to give the staff more trouble zzzz
Unsure, please go ahead and post so a researcher can take a look.

This is cartridge-accurate! Changing form in battle always overrides Soak - if you look closely at the interface, you might notice that Soak actually wore off at the specific moment Aegislash changed to Blade Forme.

I think the reason for this is basically... when Aegislash changes Forme, it also "changes type" to Steel/Ghost, because each of Aegislash's Formes is considered to be a Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon.
Under most circumstances, this doesn't actually do anything - Aegislash is Steel/Ghost in both forms anyway, so there's usually no change - but each form does have its information defined individually, and that includes type.
Since some forms do change type (like how Darmanitan changes type to Fire/Psychic when it changes to Zen Mode), the game always checks whether a type change needs to take place. From there, it makes the change if it doesn't match its current type, meaning changing to Blade Forme "reminded" Aegislash to be Steel/Ghost and reset it.

... okay, I'm not sure if that reason I gave there is totally correct or makes sense, but I do know that the mechanic works that way! Soak is overridden by all in-battle form changes (and by the move Transform or the Ability Impostor if it comes up). At the time that Aegislash switched out, it was back to being a Ghost-type! C:

Edited to fix wording and because I was inconsistent about Ghost/Steel vs Steel/Ghost and it was bugging me

Last edited:
I've just returned to the game,bc of the Sword And Shield Isle Of Armor DLC release,but i forgot my password,if you are one of the staff members who can help out and retrieve my password,i would be very grateful

I want to play a custom game against my friends. Can I change the type of Pokemon on showdown? For example Fire/Fairy Rapidash or Water/Steel Blastoise.
You could add camomons as a mod (which makes all pokemon change type to match their first two moveslots; do /challenge [user], custom game@@@gen8camomons to do this) but you can’t change types without using that mod, so you can’t have water/steel Blastoise without using a water-type move and a steel-type move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)