Is the sim running based on this information? Because at the moment, it really seems like Body Press is being boosted by Fur Coat. Its definitely boosted by defensive boosts, but that makes more sense.Fur Coat and Eviolite do not boost Body Press. It's the same way as when you're using Foul Play, the opponent having Huge Power (which ostensibly raises their attack stat even higher) doesn't result in extra damage, but if you have that ability, it does. Stat stages are still drawn from defense, but if you want to get a boost from the ability or item slots, they need to boost attack even when the move you're using is Body Press.
I just ran some quick tests on PS and it looks like Fur Coat is boosting Body Press. Check out the replay below. All Ferrothorns are 252 HP / 252+ Def with Flash Fire.
- The first Zama I send out is 252+ Def with Fur Coat and 0 Atk EVs.
- The second Zama is 252+ Def with Fluffy and 0 Atk EVs and it only does 49% (while the damage calc is showing 44.3% as the max roll for this because it doesn't consider the +Def nature).
- The third Zama is +Def with Fur Coat and 252 Atk EVs. This damage looks to fall into the 88.6 - 104.5% range, same as the first Zama without Atk EVs.
- The fourth Zama is 252+ Def with Comatose and 252 Atk EVs. This Zama appears to have the same damage as the Fluffy one without Atk EVs.
- Lastly, I have Hakamo-o with 252+ Def with Fur Coat, Eviolite, and 252 Atk EVs. Hakamo-o cleanly OKHOs the first Ferrothorn it sees, but after its Eviolite is knocked off, he only does 83% damage (which isn't a possible roll if Eviolite didn't matter since the first attack was a OHKO).