best way to eat steak

which is the best way to have steak cooked

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother ordered well done until I started mocking her relentlessly for ordering beef jerkey at a steakhouse. I've got her down to medium well, but I've still got a ways to go...

I eat steak correctly (medium rare), and probably those of you who don't should order the fish or something. I'm something of an elitist about these things.

I'm really a fan of steak unless it is cut up, seasoned and put into tacos/fajitas/something with a lot of sauce. I may just be spoiled but steak just doesn't taste like anything unless you buy an extremely tender cut, like a Fillet.

medium rare, family seasoning

I'm a fan of medium well.

What really makes a steak though is the rub you put on it before putting it on the CHARCOAL GRILL. I like my steak to have a bit of tang to it, so the rub may very, but it's always going to be something which is either: tangy or spicy.

rub dat meat, put it in ur grl

Medium rare with nothing on it. Rubs are okay to make up for low quality meat but sauces are stupid. If you use A1 you might as well have ordered a burger with no bun.

I refuse to pay for my mother-in-law to get steak at a restaurant. If I'm picking up the tab I'll make her pay for her own because she asks for her steak not just well done; she asks them to butterfly it and make sure there is no pink left. I'm sure the cook responds by giving her an actual hunk of charcoal. Anyone who gets well done is too dumb to know the difference.

Also, I'll order medium at certain places that I know won't cook a medium rare enough.

When Well Done is done right, it is pretty damned good, but considering how rarely Well Done is actually done right, I will usually go for Medium Well. Not to say I have not had a steak Medium Rare, but Medium Well just seems better.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Depends on the cut:

Rump: medium rare
Sirloin/t-bone: rare/medium rare depending on maturity, more mature = rarer
Fillet: rare

Best way to eat a steak: Medium well with a fork and a knife (that's it)

If the steak is good enough, no sauce is required, but of course it may have some seasoning or rub put on while or before cooking. Also, I really don't understand why anyone in their right mind would order a medium rare steak.

Medium is the only balanced choice between "too dry to be amazing" and "risk foodborne illness," so I choose it.
And actually, you are able to eat medium rare steaks without the same risk you would have from eating something like a medium rare burger because the only part of the medium rare steak that's exposed to bacteria is the outside which is cooked thoroughly. The pink part is never exposed until after the steak is finished being cooked

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I only eat mine if they come from this specific heat source

the rest of you are pussies.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Yeah you can get any steak and cook it well done, they'll all taste the same.
Only nice steaks can be rare and good.
I rest my case.
They actually do this in restaurants apparently. The more cooked you get your steak the shittier the steak they give you because they know it doesn't matter and you won't be able to tell the difference once it's char broiled.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
medium rare, no matter what the cut. except for when you go to outback steakhouse, then you need to order it medium because those motherfuckers undercook it EVERY SINGLE TIME

I grew up in a culture of cooking all meat to well done, so nowadays I really love rare and mostly medium rare.

I can appreciate a good well done steak, but medium rare is just way better.

When Well Done is done right, it is pretty damned good, but considering how rarely Well Done is actually done right, I will usually go for Medium Well. Not to say I have not had a steak Medium Rare, but Medium Well just seems better.

What, do people forget to take the lump of stone out of the oven and serve it to you after they're done?

Honestly...

I love medium rare. It has the cooked outside, but really retains the juiciness of the steak. I'll usually take burgers this way too.

@Moo
Really made me lol

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Ok we have established that medium rare is the best but im pretty sure we can all agree that baked potato and garlic bread are the perfect sides to go with a steak

dont give me that lobster bullshit none of you can afford it

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I prefer garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy as a well in the center.

God I'm starving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)