Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In Gen 7 random battle, was fighting a person who had Aurorus, he said it had snow warning but the hail did not activate, he said this was the second time it happened today. Not sure if he assumed it was Snow Warning or just Refrigerate
Assuming they did have Snow Warning, was there Desolate Land/Primordial Sea/Delta Stream? If not, then they very likely had Refrigerate if there aren't screenshots.

So, not to be a nag, but is anyone going to reply to my post from a week ago? One other person also reported the same issue occurring a week ago. Neither of us have received replies while posts made since that time have. Is somebody looking into this or have we been ignored?
Hello. I would like to report a suspected bug. Playing a Linked battle (OM of the month), a Crawdaunt was immune to Moonblast used by Prankster Whimsicott. The message displayed said that dark types are immune to Prankster moves. Moonblast is obviously not such a move. It is an attacking move, and unaffected by Prankster. Moonblast is also not one of the linked moves on this Whimsicott. The Whimsicot set is as follows.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Encore

Here is the battle replay link. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7linked-728593774

Thank you for reviewing my report.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I seem to have come upon a discrepancy in Mew's move compatibility.
Hone Claws and Horn Drill are considered to be incompatible here on Pokemon Showdown, when it is possible to have both moves on Mew in Generation 7 or Generation 6.
Horn Drill is available as a TM in Generation 1, and then the Mew with Horn Drill can be sent to PokeBank via the PokeTransfer tool through the virtual console release of Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow. If sent to Generation 6, it can be taught Hone Claws via TM, then be sent to Generation 7 through PokeBank.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I seem to have come upon a discrepancy in Mew's move compatibility.
Hone Claws and Horn Drill are considered to be incompatible here on Pokemon Showdown, when it is possible to have both moves on Mew in Generation 7 or Generation 6.
Horn Drill is available as a TM in Generation 1, and then the Mew with Horn Drill can be sent to PokeBank via the PokeTransfer tool through the virtual console release of Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow. If sent to Generation 6, it can be taught Hone Claws via TM, then be sent to Generation 7 through PokeBank.
You can't send VC Pokemon through PokeBank to Gen 6 games.

Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Gold, Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-732058375

This is in double random battles. My Aegislash never changed forms -- see turn 8. When I hovered over it during the battle, its ability was empty. Not sure what it could be. Its damage output was consistent with its shield form, so I don't think it's just a visual bug.

There were also some errors printed out at the beginning of the fight.. unfortunately I don't seem to have access to them anymore.

EDIT: Also, apparently Latios didn't have an ability either. I used Earth power on it during turn 3 and it managed to land.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-732058375

This is in double random battles. My Aegislash never changed forms -- see turn 8. When I hovered over it during the battle, its ability was empty. Not sure what it could be. Its damage output was consistent with its shield form, so I don't think it's just a visual bug.

There were also some errors printed out at the beginning of the fight.. unfortunately I don't seem to have access to them anymore.

EDIT: Also, apparently Latios didn't have an ability either. I used Earth power on it during turn 3 and it managed to land.
this is also an issue for me. marshadow’s shadow sneak also had a base power of 40 on the tooltip as well, so it can’t just be visual.

posting screenshots, as the original lacked them

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Some move/ability compatibility issues for DPP and BW. There's a few tutors in Gen 3 (notably the Counter and Softboiled tutors) who don't reappear in Gen 4+, and Pokemon who gain a secondary (not hidden) ability in Gen 4 all read as legal with these moves. This is an issue for Pokemon who don't have a prior evolution who also learns the move, since until they evolve their ability will not change. Basically, Softboiled Magic Guard Clefable and Clefairy are ok because you can obtain a Cute Charm (ability slot 2) Cleffa with Softboiled and evolve it in Gen 4+ where it becomes Magic Guard, but Magic Guard Cleffa with Softboiled isn't possible in DPP or BW.

This is mostly notable because it's interacting poorly with Pomeg Glitch level up moves on Porygon, making Download Tri Attack Level 5 Porygon legal before Gen 6, when Pomeg Glitched Porygon can only have Trace.

Normally when calling consecutively executed moves like Rollout and Thrash with Sleep Talk the move will be executed for one turn, and you will not be locked into that move. If you use such a move and wake the Pokémon up with Worry Seed, Wake-Up Slap or something similiar before the turn end, you will still not be locked into the move. However, only in the case of Komala, calling such a move with Sleep Talk will have it lock into the respective move.

In the Simulator Sleep Talk locks any Pokémon into a consecutive executed move no matter what.

Edit: The bug might only apply to Rollout/Ice Ball in the Simulator.

pkgJhUz.png

Last edited:
A bug regarding illusion and the small team overwievs below the players's avatars: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-733297749

The opposing Pidgeot-Mega was disguised as Shedinja when it switched it, and after it fainted, the simulator showed Registeel as fainted instead of Shedinja or Pidgeot - don't know how that works exactly, but showing Registeel as fainted was the wrong behaviour for sure, as Registeel had nothing to do with illusion here.

I don't know where to report battle factory issues so i'll put them here.

LC BF has Body Slam Amaura. It doesn't even learn that move.

Other changes: 21 HP Carvanha, 19 is better. Tyrunt also has a set where Berry Juice doesn't heal the full HP so it goes back to sturdy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-733803052

I did a test in-game where I brought a level 30 Shuckle, holding Iron Ball and with minimum speed (7), to Melemele Meadow and ran into a wild L11 Cutiefly. The Cutiefly used a number of different moves, including a Stun Spore to get the paralyze, while Shuckle got to -6 speed (extra redundant, since it's being halved twice) and used Power Trick.

At that point, the calculator (and evidently the simulator too, based on the linked replay) thinks something like this is coming up:
252+ Atk Shuckle Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cutiefly: 792-932 (2400 - 2824.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Instead, the ensuing Gyro Ball dealt exactly 2 damage to Cutiefly (verified by throwing a Poke Ball at it and checking the post-capture summary screen, which revealed that it had 28/30 HP left). So evidently if you use Gyro Ball when your current modified speed is 0, the game is smart enough to avoid crashing for division by 0, but ends up rejecting the entire calculation up to that point and defaulting to 0 damage, which then gets adjusted up to the minimum 1 and then the 2 is probably a result of applying the type advantage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-733803052

I did a test in-game where I brought a level 30 Shuckle, holding Iron Ball and with minimum speed (7), to Melemele Meadow and ran into a wild L11 Cutiefly. The Cutiefly used a number of different moves, including a Stun Spore to get the paralyze, while Shuckle got to -6 speed (extra redundant, since it's being halved twice) and used Power Trick.

At that point, the calculator (and evidently the simulator too, based on the linked replay) thinks something like this is coming up:
252+ Atk Shuckle Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cutiefly: 792-932 (2400 - 2824.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Instead, the ensuing Gyro Ball dealt exactly 2 damage to Cutiefly (verified by throwing a Poke Ball at it and checking the post-capture summary screen, which revealed that it had 28/30 HP left). So evidently if you use Gyro Ball when your current modified speed is 0, the game is smart enough to avoid crashing for division by 0, but ends up rejecting the entire calculation up to that point and defaulting to 0 damage, which then gets adjusted up to the minimum 1 and then the 2 is probably a result of applying the type advantage.
So the problem here seems to be that Showdown does not let Speed fall to 0, while the games actually do (and Gyro Ball's BP becomes 0 to avoid a math exception) but it's such an obscure situation no one bothered to test (or it changed at some point).

I wonder if the same thing can happen to Electro Ball. I assume the results are the same.

Last edited:
Normally when calling consecutively executed moves like Rollout and Thrash with Sleep Talk the move will be executed for one turn, and you will not be locked into that move. If you use such a move and wake the Pokémon up with Worry Seed, Wake-Up Slap or something similiar before the turn end, you will still not be locked into the move. However, only in the case of Komala, calling such a move with Sleep Talk will have it lock into the respective move.
So, it doesn't lock if it's already asleep, but what happens if you put it to sleep after it gets locked in?

So, it doesn't lock if it's already asleep, but what happens if you put it to sleep after it gets locked in?
Glad you aked that. Didn't think that would be different if they act the same under Sleep Talk. If you move first with Thrash/Petal Dance/Outrage, and then get put to sleep, you will immediately be unlocked on your next turn. If you move first with Ice Ball/Rollout however, being put to sleep will have you still be locked into the move next turn. Then if you can't execute it because your Pokémon is still asleep, you will be no longer locked the turn after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)