Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, and welcome to a conveniently placed thread about the stuff I draw and my webcomic Rare Candy Treatment (Edit 140709: This webcomic has now ended). Been running the latter for more than a year now, and while I aim to entertain, I also started out with it to improve my art skills even further. I'm using Photoshop CS2, along with a scanner and a tablet to bring my lineart onto the computer.

Have some examples (last updated 120109):

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

I'm always trying to get my comics out to the people who appreciates them the most, so that's a partial reason why I made this thread (click here to go to the comic). Otherwise I also have a deviantArt account, which besides the strips also houses other artwork (not necessarily pokemon related).

Enjoy!

Last edited:
These are very good comics. All your characters have so much personality, you could probably just look at the comics without the words and be thoroughly entertained. Keep up the awesome work!

i enjoy that both your comics and your webpage are very classy. it's not something you see associated with pokemon very much (except here on smogon!)

keep it up!

Someone posted that Graveler comic somewhere else on the site and I thought it was HILARIOUS, you're the artist for it? :o You're amazing. The first one I found might be my favorite--

Also, Sunkern > all D:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All your characters have so much personality, you could probably just look at the comics without the words and be thoroughly entertained.
I am thrilled that you think this way, as it's something I strive for with every strip. Even if people doesn't get a laugh or won't "get it", the images will hopefully be enough for a smirk.

i enjoy that both your comics and your webpage are very classy. it's not something you see associated with pokemon very much (except here on smogon!)
A vague sense of perfection is something that motivates me, so even though I have lots to improve with, I felt that my first strips wouldn't be complete without proper coloring, shades and background. The website got a facelift just recently though, so I'm glad it makes a good impression!

The first one I found might be my favorite--
And being a Smogoner, I'm certain that the joke got through safely. The general pokemon gamer is surprisingly uninterested in natures, so for being a first strip I was a bit worried that few people would get it.

Thanks for the quick feedback, everyone!

I loled... so hard. Excuse me while i go archive binging

I just love the third panel.

"Ok, okay... how about, when the box is full... I'll call them up and tell them."

Can we request stuff to do in future comics? If so, I would love to see what you do with the fact the male azurill can evolve into female marill

These. Are. Amazing.

I hate to be one of those people to request something, but I think it would be awesome if you did one about the fact that Mr. Mime can actually be Male OR Female.... It may be a pretty funny comic.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Thanks for all of your comments, everyone!

Also, have a peek of tomorrow's strip.

I love how you expose the ridiculous elements of the games!
Thanks! Without them I'd be done for!

By the way, I lovez me a Mythbusters Reference!
And so does a good number of other people! I particularly enjoyed drawing it myself.

Can we request stuff to do in future comics? If so, I would love to see what you do with the fact the male azurill can evolve into female marill
I hate to be one of those people to request something, but I think it would be awesome if you did one about the fact that Mr. Mime can actually be Male OR Female.... It may be a pretty funny comic.
Funny how both of you had ideas centered around genders.

Requests and suggestions are open at all times, but as I have my own ideas and schedule, along with whether or not I accept the idea, getting them into a finished strip could take anything from weeks to months. I can write up some rules tomorrow, but generally, voicing your ideas is never something I frown upon. If I end up using them, credit will be given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)