I just have to say I absolutely love this design. Grass/Ghost is kinda a dream typing for me, and for whatever reason I'd always pictured it as a sleeker, ghostlier Shaymin. And no lo and behold: a slender porcupine. The crop-circle idea ingeniously fits the Grass, Ghost, and Sketch concepts into one neat package. Just wow.Okay trying to get this to a more solid place!
Some notes about this:
- long, grassy cape instead of porcupine spikes, because it's spookier and allows for a crop circle design on the back
- this is ghost and not dark typing because it is not evil or mischevious, but spooky, methodical, mysterious, obsessive
- colouring here is just a first try. definitely open to suggestions but I want to keep the greenish-yellowish-brownish theme of dry grass or wheat stalks. I definitely don't want to do purple or black.
- patterning is also definitely open to suggestion
- sketch is supposed to be subtly represented in the design (since it does not learn it by level up, so it shouldn't be blatant, but it should make sense) by the crop circle patterning that the pokemon accomplishes by flattening stalks with its wide arms
- creepy, long fingers instead of claws
Sorry I don't have time to give feedback right now! I really need help/opinions for the colours and patterns though so please give me some feedback if you can!
I beg to differ as his submission looks like something made entirely out of either moss or seaweed like how most swamp monster are depicted in media/folklore. To my eyes, Magic Leopard's submission captures the Ghost and Grass typing nicely since it may not be "solid" in the sense of have a bone structure or whatnot.Other then that you might want something to make it distinctly Grass, add a flower, or some leaves or something, just so people don't have any fuel for their inevitable "I can't see the ____ typing"
pkmn taicho this is such an original design! First off I love your inspiration and I think it really comes through in your picture. I also really like the Rotom-esque vibe it gives off. A ghost who goes and haunts something, taking on its shape and form. One thing I would suggest though is that its grass element could be a little more obvious. I like the idea of the painting coming to life(his head being a tree from the painting) but maybe add a little more life to the painting. For example instead of an eerie desert it could be a spooky forest. Just a suggestion :)Fiddled with my design a little, hoping that I haven't blown my chances by being so late on the scene, but I've been doing a lot lately.
I love a lot of the designs I've seen here though so I doubt I have anything to worry about, I'm sure CAP2 will look awesome
Flavor Text: CAP2 does not have much substance on it's own. It must haunt painting or photos to make physical contact with people or other Pokemon. Because of this CAP2 have been known to wander around Museums and Galleries. It's pre-evolution has no concept of space or time, it just wanders until it happens across something it can haunt.
I actually had this idea when I saw a Picaso-esc painting. It was a still life that looked as if it had a face and arms, Made me think of possessed paintings from Mother 3, one of my favorite RPGs of all time.