HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Berserk Gene is reincluded, Smeargle can get an instant Baton Pass to something right after the turn it switches in. Free unphazeable Baton Pass?

Smeargle @ Gene
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Substitute
- Ingrain
Or for a doubles variety:
Turn 1:
Cresselia/Fake Out user
Fake Out, Cress uses Safeguard

Turn 2:
Switch Fake Out user with Metagross@Beserk Gene
Cress uses Swagger on Metagross.

Turn 3:
Decimate the opposition with your +4 Metagross.

Sounds nasty, doesn't it?

I don't think that would work, Safeguard doesn't prevent confusion from Outrage, so why would it prevent the one from Berserk Gene?

But isn't there, in D/P/P, extra, unused data for more items? My guess is that they were put there in case they did get around to making Johto remakes so that any DPP that connects with HGSS (or another DPP that already connected with HGSS) would automatically recieve the necessary data to support the Apricorn Balls, their corresponding Apricorns, RageCandyBars, SlowpokeTails, and the Berserk Gene. After all, isn't that the sort of way connecting R/S with FR/LG fixed the Berry Glitch? And that was with GBA carts, I bet they could do so much more than that with the DS cards.

Then again, this is just the rambling of a GS fanatic who happens to love using Kurt's Poke Balls. I also always bought as many Slowpoketails as I could before facing the Red Gyarados because I knew you couldn't get anymore afterwards.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
But isn't there, in D/P/P, extra, unused data for more items? My guess is that they were put there in case they did get around to making Johto remakes so that any DPP that connects with HGSS (or another DPP that already connected with HGSS) would automatically recieve the necessary data to support the Apricorn Balls, their corresponding Apricorns, RageCandyBars, SlowpokeTails, and the Berserk Gene. After all, isn't that the sort of way connecting R/S with FR/LG fixed the Berry Glitch? And that was with GBA carts, I bet they could do so much more than that with the DS cards.

Then again, this is just the rambling of a GS fanatic who happens to love using Kurt's Poke Balls. I also always bought as many Slowpoketails as I could before facing the Red Gyarados because I knew you couldn't get anymore afterwards.
Platinum didn't give D\P the ability to trade the Platinum Orb, did it?

Also, FR\LG's Berry Glitch fix only altered the save file, not the game itself.

But the Griseous Orb is proof of concept. There may be a trading room like in the old games that can only be used between Gold and Silver, and there may be a Union Room, that removes specific items.

But the Griseous Orb is proof of concept. There may be a trading room like in the old games that can only be used between Gold and Silver, and there may be a Union Room, that removes specific items.
I think that they're only be one Union Room as with Platinum, why have more? The Items can just go back in your bag in that Union Room.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Considering Jasmine says in Sunyshore that she is away from her homeland for a long time, and that a cameraman in Battle Zone says that he recorded the Red Gyarados footage years ago, and that these both bits of information I got reading Serebiiforums aren't made-up (I hope), then it's safe to assume DPPt happens AFTER GSC and thus, after HGSS. So, how would DPPt and HGSS communicate? With the Time Capsule. And, just like old Time Capsule had a lot of limitations (as GSC and RBY were from different generations), they may also make limitations to the new Time Capsule. Items are the first thing that come to mind. You wouldn't be able to send the Apricorns, Kurt's Pokéballs and Berserk Gene to DPPt. And maybe even new forms.

I think that they're only be one Union Room as with Platinum, why have more? The Items can just go back in your bag in that Union Room.
So you can trade Pokemon holding particular items to other HGSS games. I imagine the PCC/GTS would prevent you from trading these items, tthough.

Considering Jasmine says in Sunyshore that she is away from her homeland for a long time, and that a cameraman in Battle Zone says that he recorded the Red Gyarados footage years ago, and that these both bits of information I got reading Serebiiforums aren't made-up (I hope), then it's safe to assume DPPt happens AFTER GSC and thus, after HGSS. So, how would DPPt and HGSS communicate? With the Time Capsule. And, just like old Time Capsule had a lot of limitations (as GSC and RBY were from different generations), they may also make limitations to the new Time Capsule. Items are the first thing that come to mind. You wouldn't be able to send the Apricorns, Kurt's Pokéballs and Berserk Gene to DPPt. And maybe even new forms.
Well, Nintendo could just do away with the whole time concept. If they really wanted to keep with the whole new generation subject, they could remake the story with the same plot but in our time period(DPP). I agree, the Time Capsule did have a lot of limitations and if they wanted to utilize it they would have to improve it.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arael, neither of those actually say that. Jasmine says she came from far away, the cameraman just tells you he filmed it. Get your facts straight.

adman's pointless wishlist after playing Gold again:

-More challenging Kanto trainers: most are in the 30s in level, and Clair was tougher than many of the Kanto leaders. You didn't even reach Level 50 opponents again until Blaine.

-Bring back Kanto features (Safari Zone, etc.) lost in the three years between RBY and GSC. I understand that the game had to run on the original Game Boy too, and that came with memory restrictions.

-Keep the original music (well, it can be updated to the DS's sound capabilities, of course)!

-Balance the starters a little more. It's fun to burn everything with Typhlosion like I did in my playthrough throughout the last few days, but Meganium and Feraligatr need some love too. The original game's seriously biased in Typhlosion's favor.

-Keep the quest for Ho-oh and Lugia the same as in the original game. No need for version exclusives.

-More stuff to do in Johto. You don't realize how small that region is until you actually play it again. There's not much there after you beat the Elite Five (oh, come on, stop looking at me like that; there's always 5).

-Give Typhlosion his special Thunderpunch back! Just kidding, but don't leave him out in the cold!

adman's pointless wishlist after playing Gold again:

-More challenging Kanto trainers: most are in the 30s in level, and Clair was tougher than many of the Kanto leaders. You didn't even reach Level 50 opponents again until Blaine.

-Bring back Kanto features (Safari Zone, etc.) lost in the three years between RBY and GSC. I understand that the game had to run on the original Game Boy too, and that came with memory restrictions.

-Keep the original music (well, it can be updated to the DS's sound capabilities, of course)!

-Balance the starters a little more. It's fun to burn everything with Typhlosion like I did in my playthrough throughout the last few days, but Meganium and Feraligatr need some love too. The original game's seriously biased in Typhlosion's favor.

-Keep the quest for Ho-oh and Lugia the same as in the original game. No need for version exclusives.

-More stuff to do in Johto. You don't realize how small that region is until you actually play it again. There's not much there after you beat the Elite Five (oh, come on, stop looking at me like that; there's always 5).

-Give Typhlosion his special Thunderpunch back! Just kidding, but don't leave him out in the cold!
The starters already are more balanced now, just by looking at learnpools of the three. Meganium finally has some solid grass attacks to work with, Grass Knot, Energy Ball, Petal Dance, and Seed Bomb. Obviously, the only one it learns by level up is Petal Dance, but if they have similar move tutors and TMs as DPPt, then it will get those as well. Or they could just allow her to learn them by level up in HGSS. Feraligatr gets Ice Fang, Crunch, Aqua Tail, and Superpower, so IMO he has the best moves by level up. I think Eruption in game is enough for Typhlosion. Seriously, being able to power up Eruption by using Hyper Potions and such while your Blissey/Miltank/Snorlax stalls is going to be sweet. ThunderPunch is still good for waters and Gyarados, whether or not its special.

One thing I am looking forward to is the inclusion of Hoenn pokemon once you get the National Dex. Seems like you would be able to find Bagon in Mt. Silver or Dragon's Den. Don't know where Trapinch would be found though.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/Nate_Dono/nyanko4-4.jpg

Something amusing I came upon.

I agree with most of adman's stuff. I hope you can get access to the punches cheaply as you could just buy them in GSC. Even bringing back the Crystal guy who tutored the elemental stuff for 5,000 coins (though this time, just the punches since Flamethrower and etc are TMs again) would be an improvement over the hassle of Platinum tutoring since it's easier to get coins than shards. I wonder how the new TMs will be adapted to the game, though. It will be interesting. Perhaps the flying gym will give you Aerial Ace, Bugsy will give you U-turn or X-Scissor, Whitney gives you Return, etc.

The starters already are more balanced now, just by looking at learnpools of the three. Meganium finally has some solid grass attacks to work with, Grass Knot, Energy Ball, Petal Dance, and Seed Bomb. Obviously, the only one it learns by level up is Petal Dance, but if they have similar move tutors and TMs as DPPt, then it will get those as well. Or they could just allow her to learn them by level up in HGSS. Feraligatr gets Ice Fang, Crunch, Aqua Tail, and Superpower, so IMO he has the best moves by level up. I think Eruption in game is enough for Typhlosion. Seriously, being able to power up Eruption by using Hyper Potions and such while your Blissey/Miltank/Snorlax stalls is going to be sweet. ThunderPunch is still good for waters and Gyarados, whether or not its special.

One thing I am looking forward to is the inclusion of Hoenn pokemon once you get the National Dex. Seems like you would be able to find Bagon in Mt. Silver or Dragon's Den. Don't know where Trapinch would be found though.
What I really meant was balance ingame. Chikorita is at such a disadvantage in terms of the Johto gyms. At least it got Razor Leaf early. As far as Typhlosion is concerned, I meant his type coverage. It's kind of sad when you had better coverage two generations ago than you do now (in terms of Special Attack). I must have neglected Feraligatr, since he can actually use his Attack now.

I forgot Typhlosion has Eruption (especially egregious because I see them sometimes on PBR)! Heh, Red's Snorlax, your Special Defense won't save you now!

So I was thinking about what they would do for a Johto Pokedex a few days ago to account for the new evolutions and baby forms - these are the numbers I found:

130 - Johto Pokemon and related
147 - Johto + Pokemon in all regional Pokedexes
251 - The "New Pokedex" they used in GSC, which included RBY starters and legends that won't be included

I think the magic number is 210 if they don't want to include new evolutions and leave out certain Pokemon that don't appear until Kanto anyway or would be redundant (we don't need Rattata with Sentret around, do we?)

I think that for the Pokedex they'll do one of three things.

1: Leave it exactly the way it was in GSC.

2: Only include the stuff it's possible to get pre-elite 4, plus Houndour, Slugma, and Murkrow. And of course, make them available pre-elite 4.

3: Include the entire friggin' national Pokedex from the start. Least likely option, but you never know.

So I was thinking about what they would do for a Johto Pokedex a few days ago to account for the new evolutions and baby forms - these are the numbers I found:

130 - Johto Pokemon and related
147 - Johto + Pokemon in all regional Pokedexes
251 - The "New Pokedex" they used in GSC, which included RBY starters and legends that won't be included

I think the magic number is 210 if they don't want to include new evolutions and leave out certain Pokemon that don't appear until Kanto anyway or would be redundant (we don't need Rattata with Sentret around, do we?)
In the screenshot of Sprout Tower, there's a Rattata perched in the rafters.

Rattata WILL be available in HGSS right from the start, same as always.

Wait, don't you get the National Dex, like, as soon as you talk to Mr. Pokémon?
Yeah, the dexes weren't separate back then, there weren't enough Pokemon to care about that...

But there probably will in HGSS because they will almost definitely include the Hoenn+Sinnoh Pokemon as well as FRLG included the second and third gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)