League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

we're sitting on 36th place after two wins out of two played (fairly new team), challenging for 16th in about 4 hours! since our position boost didn't go through after our second win

ladder is here i play for team clarity. hasn't updated yet, we should be like 16th or something

there's no prize for the ladder but continued success gets you noticed for invitationals (with prizes) and possibly wcg. we have picked up a sponsor already because of our promising future

we won convincingly (but not to as much of an extent as the last game) here's the unedited replay if you guys want to see it before gamestah commentates it, you'll need lolreplay
things to watch for:
- caitlyn sniping pantheon around warwick who can't block the bullet because of creeps
- pantheon ulting in and immediately getting combusted by brand before he could do a thing
- soraka dying twice, feeder
- me trying to bully top and then giving up after realising singed is more or less unkillable
- singed finally dying at bottom to a 5v1
- brand combusting taric and pantheon at middle at the same time

Is it plausible to build Cho somewhat offensively, i.e.

RoA - Merc Treads - FoN - Randuins -Frozen Heart - Deathcap

Of course this general build is very subjective and situational.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That's a pretty solid tank build anyway. You're probably hitting 200 Mres and Armour with those items so building any tankier other than more health wouldn't really be neccessary. I would be more inclined to build Banshee's somewhere in that just for the passive. If you have 2 or more good AP nukes on your team then look at fitting Abyssal Sceptre in.

Early game core would be Boots, Catalyst, HoG. That works fine.

I just started playing this the other day, been enjoying Taric though he's kind of frustrating with a bad team.

I just started playing this the other day, been enjoying Taric though he's kind of frustrating with a bad team.
Taric is a support character, and supports don't generally do too well in solo que normals since your team isn't terribly reliable. I play support sometimes too (Sona), but only if I'm qued with my brother and friend since I know I can actually count on them to go in as my ultimate goes off.

I'm not 30 yet, but I'm sure there is a high demand for support characters in ranked play since bottom lane is generally support/carry in the current metagame. That said, if you can get your AP carry (like Brand or Malzahar) to go mid and your AD carry (like Ashe or Caitlyn) to go bottom with you as Taric, I guarantee you'll pretty much dominate that lane unless they also have a support or have 1-2 smart pushers. The chances of that are low because so many people in solo que auto-lock squishy DPS anyway.

Hotshot typically builds Cho with RoA (if he's strong enough early) going into Frozen Heart, FoN, and other tank items. He goes Wit's End for offense so that may be something you might want to look into.

Taric is a support character, and supports don't generally do too well in solo que normals since your team isn't terribly reliable. I play support sometimes too (Sona), but only if I'm qued with my brother and friend since I know I can actually count on them to go in as my ultimate goes off.
Pretty much, I used to play DoTA quite a bit so I've got a reasonable basic understanding of the game; I usually liked support/tank heroes in DoTA but it feels like they're a bit less effective without a good team in LoL.

Can someone suggest me a decent ranged carry that's fairly easy to learn, if nothing else it'll give me a bit more influence over games that are going to hell in a hand basket..

it's split across multiple tournaments, not one big one like valve's or dreamhack. it's likely nobody will win more than a million, maybe half a million in one tournament

Ok this game is kind of confusing but Im getting the hang of it with Gallio a bit. Its not the type of game I can get good at in a few tries...It'll take me a lot of practice...

dw, the game gets easy to pick up it's just memorizing what-does-what is the confusing part. They spew too many champions for newer players to handle imo

btw there's a smogon chatroom for LoL in game, just click on 'View Chatrooms...' on the bottom right of client and search up 'Smogon'

team comp and general player skill was not on your side that game. your team has like 2047492834 AD champions so of course their maokai has like 250 armor

your team had no AP carry

also that garen build is TERRIBLE

still you did a pretty goob job considering that you probably had to go against either kassadin or ashe mid

btw, you're building tank/support maokai. ever tried tanky DPS? something along the lines of RoA-Triforce and then tank items, or instead rushing philo/HoG and then going triforce into tank items

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
no, only played him starting today. im liking the tank/support role though, being able to survive everything is a nice change from the glass cannons i usually play.

just had a game where i went 13/4/13 (4 deaths from the laning face since again my team was pretty ass thanks to a bunch of disconnects. but during mid game i was pretty solid and during late everyone got their act together and i was unstoppable. i was running:

elisa's miracle/sorc's shoes/sunfire cape/spirit visage/guardian angel/abyssal scepter

I prefer the tanks as well, Atlas. Amumu was the first champ I played and I fell in love. I loved using Galio last week and I'm excited to use Rammus and Maokai this week. I did pretty ass the two games I used Rammus though. The first game I don't I don't know what happened. I went like 1-14-6. The second game I went like 6-6-7 and we won but three of my deaths were to neutral creeps. I started the jungle pretty strong for a level 10 summoner but even at level 6 I couldn't solo the buffs for some reason. I guess Rammus just doesn't do enough damage to jungle without tier 3 runes?

I used Caitlyn against bots. She's nasty. Me likey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)