League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Well that last day of groups was far more entertaining than I thought it would be. Pretty sad that TSM lost to SK and wasn't able to force that tiebreaker. They would have a small shot at beating EDG rather than pretty much a 0 percent chance to beat SSW, oh well.

Namei so far, is so underwhelming from all the hype he has been getting, there is just no excuse for this poor play against such weak teams, pretty much just the dade of this tournament. I am aware that he stomped that tiebreaker game, but please lucian/braum vs jinx/leona....no top tier team is ever going to play that shitty jinx/leona lane ever

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
from what ive heard hes pretty sick, theres been pictures of the guy at the hospital getting shots

and yes his laning has been bad so far but his teamfights have been beautiful. the hype was "this guy is the best teamfighting adc in the world, he can rival deft at it" and thats nothing but the truth

really impressive showing from both C9 and LMQ today

if ALL and FNC don't pick up the slack then EU is going to have 0 teams in the quarterfinals this year

group C is still hard to call because OMG didn't necessarily play poorly today, LMQ just happened to play better. blue should have 1st quite easily (would be shocked if they dropped a single game tbh) whereas LMQ has the best chance at second if they continue performing like they did today

group D is more of a toss-up as I can actually see shield dropping games to C9 given the right circumstances (Hai beats Ggoong in lane, Save gets banned out, GorillA and Watch aren't on their A game) but NJWS and C9 are easily top 2 after today's matches, unless ALL gets their shit in order

Lavos

Banned deucer.
how do you ban out save and still expect hai to beat ggoong though? the way i see it you can only ban out one or the other, and the player you don't ban out is going to shit on balls/hai respectively. just curious, maybe hai has a better syndra/zed than i think?

i really hope eu gets 0 teams out of groups and na gets all 3. na>eu Kappa

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
lomo nation making me so proud. I expected c9 to preform this way, as much as I am a TSM fan and was happy they got #1 seed, I understand that overall c9 is still the better team and expected them to beat alliance.

Also I agree, 3 NA > EU LETS GET IT - It's not looking too far fetched of it happening, but can't overreact to day 1 of group stage

how do you ban out save and still expect hai to beat ggoong though? the way i see it you can only ban out one or the other, and the player you don't ban out is going to shit on balls/hai respectively. just curious, maybe hai has a better syndra/zed than i think?

i really hope eu gets 0 teams out of groups and na gets all 3. na>eu Kappa
hai is fairly good mechanically and just might be able to keep up - all he has to do is not get dumpstered in lane. his champion pool is also different; hai plays a lot of yasuo and syndra whereas we haven't necessarily seen ggoong on those champions (since champions summer he's played 2 games of zed, a game of ori, and a game of ahri and was generally known for zed / LB back in the spring)

the way I see it, C9 can either try to ban out Save or pray that Balls manages to get Rumble (which is probably not going to happen)

the issue is that C9 is on purple side which makes banning out save extremely risky since they're pretty much forced to get rid of ryze / nidalee / rumble right off the bat and we have no idea how strong Save is on Alistar or Maokai

the alternative is that C9 can go for standard bans (nidalee / zed / zilean or something) since shield has a tendency to ban tanky top laners due to how strong of a carry top lane save is, but this strategy really hinges on rumble and how impactful he is if he's left open

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Glad that [A] and FNC have been able to take off a game from the Koreans in their respective groups. Screw the kr hype train. Only Samsung White has been truly impressive - Blue has been choppy and Shield's wins were relatively underwhelming (and they got perfect gamed by [A])

That said however Alliance beating Shield puts a big dent in C9's chances of making out of groups -___-

Last edited:
i've found the problem with the community, instead of enjoying Fnc vs OMG they decide to hunt for a random bug and get butthurt at riot for not doing anything about it.

of course they're not going to do anything about it. Thats like asking them to something about Cyanide attacking a minion instead of the nexus.

bunch of pussies

Regardless of which side you are on, there is precedent for replaying games that were heavily affected by bugs, and had this bug not occurred the outcome of the game would have likely been different. If Riot completely ignores it, when there seems to be a large amount of evidence that a bug occurred, they set a new precedent for ignoring bugs and the tournament loses a large amount of integrity.

There's no great solution for this, as forcing a remake is also not very feasible (regardless what Reddit thinks), and it really puts them in a bind. The two best solutions would be to imply that the recall/homeguard interaction is working as intended regardless of what the tooltips say (then changing the tooltips next patch), or for them to encourage Fnatic to publicly decline a remake and let the whole thing die (because, as far as I know, they've yet to say anything about it). Ignoring it is probably not going to let it die.

Last edited:
the recall/homegaurd interaction isnt like other bugs (shen ult, aatrox heal) in that no matter how many times you test it, it will always happen. really its more of an unintended feature than a bug. the problem isnt solved by doing a remake anyway because the "bug" will still be in the game unless you disable homegaurds.

wasn't it because his maw of malmortius shielded the kog ulti and apparently that doesn't trigger the combat timer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)