Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I misunderstood the idea of Ascended.
I misread "mons gain the base stats of the mon of the same typing with the highest BST" as "the mon with the highest stat on your team passes it's stats to every non-shiny mon" for some reason.

Does the highest BP mon need to be on your team?

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Guess i could also try to help with the brainstorming
A few things to note as well as my critisms:
1. I disagree with the +1 move from the mon you’re ascending from. As an ubers based metagame, theres a lot of fun to be had with ordinary mons ascending to the base stat requirements that basically dictates if your mon could ever even be Ubers. So, by getting a huge BST, the window of viability is already open. Theres no need for non-Ubers to take away likely broken moves from other Ubers anyways.
That's a pretty good remark. That being said, the meta would just become a way more limited, somewhat reversed, variant of Inheritance in this case. And it's already pretty limited in comparison to other metas that offer a crazy amount of possibilities. So, that's just me, but i'd most definitely want to keep the bonus move.

2. What about the case of ties? Bug-Fighting, Ground-Poison, Poison-Dark, and others have 2 or more pokemon with the highest BST for the type. Is there anything you can think of that can work as a tie breaker that won’t muddle the premise? My guess is to say they don’t ascend at all. Shame, no Guts Boosted Heracross with Pheramosa’s stats....
That might not be so hopeless. There are other ways to rank them, alphabetically for example. Even Showdown has its own ranking order, for what it's worth.

4. Speaking of megas, I think megas should be untouched all together. This means Scizor would have the stats of Genesect before mega evolving, but goes back to Mega Scizor’s stats once it does mega.
That's curious, though - wouldn't megas become a complex unban, then? That might just lower the chances of the meta getting approved, unless... well, unless i'm wrong. I hope i am.
Talking about this too, how do the games handle the mega form having less (also more) HP than the base form?
For example, this could lead to stuff like this:

(assuming it inherits from Solgaleo, since it is the first 680 BST Steel/Psychic alphabetically)
Base form stats (Solgaleo): 137 /137 / 107 / 113 / 89 / 97
Mega stats (Mega-Metagross): 80 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 110 / 110
Mega stats with HP kept from base: 137 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 110 / 110 oh boi that bulk
Assuming the HP is kept... this doesn't look too bad, to be honest. It can inherit Sunsteel Strike for an even better STAB (also boosted by Tough Claws), too. I guess an Agility set could work. That being said, megas can't hold other items that could possibly make better use of their base form's newfound uber stats, so they still sound pretty situational imo. I guess it still works as an example, though.

I misunderstood the idea of Ascended.
I misread "mons gain the base stats of the mon of the same typing with the highest BST" as "the mon with the highest stat on your team passes it's stats to every non-shiny mon" for some reason.

Does the highest BST mon need to be on your team?
Answer: That's not what I gathered. I think you're wondering how it knows to which mon to ascend. I think it works like Ability Bridge, where it can identify the right mon based on certain qualities (such as a move).

Ascended

Tell me if this is right: if something is pure Normal Type, wouldn't it get Arceus' stats instead of Regigigas'?
Also, what do you think about these only-one-other-of-the-same-type-combo-exists mons?

91 / 145 / 129 / 140 / 72 / 112 (689 BST)
Sacred Sword.

(interchangeable with Incineroar)
Base : 95 / 115 / 90 / 110 / 90 / 95 (565 BST)
Mega: 95 / 115 / 90 / 140 / 90 / 115 (615 BST)

Base : 50 / 100 / 150 / 100 / 150 / 50 (600 BST)
Mega: 50 / 160 / 150 / 160 / 150 / 110 (+180 BST = 780)
Diamond Storm or Moonblast.

I was going to do Malamar but apparently Hyperspace Fury fails. However, it CAN use the more-base-stat-powerful HYPERSPACE HOLE, still!

125 / 170 / 100 / 170 / 100 / 95 (760 BST)
Ice Burn, Freeze Shock, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike... take your pick!

100 / 150 / 120 / 165 / 110 / 90 (735 BST)
I'm assuming you didn't want Static as your Ability.

Besides that pattern, there's also this:

Base: 95 / 155 / 109 / 103 / 130 / 122 (714 BST) Or, would the base be regular Greninja-Ash, because Alpha-prioritizing?
BatB: 95 / 155 / 109 / 153 / 130 / 132 (774 BST) This is the end result, anyhow.
Special Gyarados may also be an option, giving it (duh) Water Shuriken. Also helps it utilize Waterfall.

104 / 150 / 160 / 194 / 160 / 140 (908 BST)
Any questions?

(Necrozma-Dawn-Wings would be better)

137 / 113 / 89 / 150 / 130 / 97 (716 BST)
Moongeist Beam helps. A lot. Or Night Daze.

Alpha-prioritizing, remember?
71 / 135 / 105 / 120 / 105 / 99 (635 BST)
They already have a lot of moves in common, but Extreme Speed and Techno Blast (requires held drive for type modification) are not among them. Shell Armor or Overcoat would be good. Even Swarm is good, since this new bulk and speed combo gives it a chance for Fell Stinger.

61 / 131 / 211 / 75 / 150 (225 in Sandstorm) / 50 (678 BST, or 753 in Sandstorm)
Sand Stream plus THAT bulk. A little bit of a shame that it gets a speed jump, so Gyro Ball wouldn't be something to pull (unless you know that almost everything in this meta is getting some kind of speed boost). Oh? You didn't know Probo doesn't get Gyro Ball?

88 / 115 / 80 / 105 / 80 / 143 (611 BST)
So you know you have Coil already, but it's a freaking slug (ik it's an eel, but eels can be faster than this is) at base. Introducing our latest Electric non-box-legendary Pokémon with loads of speed and a great Physical Electric move! Add that to something with an actually useful immunability, and you've got something just slightly tougher and a tad stronger than Zeraora.

Lastly, some abstract ideas:
Doublade gets Aegislash, which gets King's Shield, and it keeps No Guard (no stat swapping Ability :blobsad:), so just +60 Atk to Aegishield.
Armaldo gets Shuckle. 75 / 125 / 230 / 70 / 230 / 45 :blobastonished: (775 BST)
Clefable gets Xerneas, but gives it no new stats, and already has access to Stored Power. Clearly, there's only 1 other move it needs. Ability is Unaware or Magic Guard.
Sylveon gets Xerneas, too, but gives it +32 SpD, making it a rather thick Special Wall. Also has access to Stored Power.
Kingdra gets Palkia, but does nothing for stats. Sniper + Spacial Rend. Aura Sphere is also an option.
Can't wait to see how Duraludon gets on with Dialga!
Zoroark. What could it be? (Darkrai) Note: will not inherit Dark Void; same rule as with Hyperspace Fury. Still cool, though. You could also go Absol-Mega with Darkrai or Umbreon with Darkrai. Even Silvally would be a step up for Darky.
Guzzlord gets Hydreigon's stats, and holds onto its Ultra-Beast-level HP stat. 731 BST with 223 / 90 / 90 bulk.
Has somebody done Furfrou or Komala, yet?
How about Yanmega-> Mega-Pinsir?
Galvantula-> Vikavolt? 145 SpA at 108 speed.
Araquanid-> Golisopod: 75 / 125 / 140 / 60 / 132 / 42 = 574 BST
Ariados (for its bulk and SpA) and Scolipede (for Speed Boost) to a LOT of good for Beedrill-Mega!
Talonflame gives Ho-Oh +36 speed and priority.
Tentapex is legit. It can go either way, since all their Abilities and moves are nice. 80 / 70 / 152 / 80 / 120 / 100 (602 BST)
Mawile-Mega-> Magearna makes a potential 725 BST.

At first glance:

Meloetta +3 Def for a total of 603 BST.
After Relic Song:

100 / 136 / 94 / 70 / 96 / 135 (631 BST)
High Jump Kick or Instruct. Drop the mic.
This thing is complex, not gonna lie.

I've been working a lot with forme-changing mons, so... here's this, too:

Base: 100 / 140 / 150 / 150 / 140 / 90 (770 BST)
Primal: 100 / 150 / 150 / 180 / 160 / 90 (830 BST)
Solo: (safe to say just Kyogre, which is decent)
Solo-Primal: (safe to say just Kyogre-Primal, which is good enough, especially coming from this small fry.)
This thing knows Beat Up. :blobpex: Now it can learn Origin Pulse and whatnot.

I REALLY like this idea. It's actually something I had been considering for a long time (I even made a Discord Server for it — nobody's on it, lol), thinking everything would be too OP, but that Type-Matching requirement you came up with really set good balanced boundaries!

Can uh... somebody tell me where this thing can be playable?

Last edited:
More Ascension (I really love this meta!) but, like Ho3nConfirm3d said, perhaps limiting it to 1 ascended move is too limiting?
However, I totally disagree about Megas... You almost don't need raw megas at all; giving it a sort of stats-only Mix and Mega aspect that's convoluted in a way that allows for epic unpredictable combos, such as some I'm listing.

Togedemaru ascends to Magnezone: 70 / 98 / 115 / 130 / 90 / 96 = 599 BST - Lightning Rod or Iron Barbs (or Sturdy, for how powercrept this meta is)

Need a faster bulky trapper? Look no further! For once, we're glad Dhelmise is a Grass/Ghost type!
Dhelmise ascends to Decidueye: 78 / 131 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 70 = 579 BST - STAB on Anchor Shot and access to Spirit Shackle

Darmanitan ascends to Entei (if not holding a Flame Plate): 115 / 140 / 85 / 90 / 75 / 100 (it's just Entei with +25 Atk).
However, it doesn't stop there! Sure, you can use Extreme Speed now, but...
Darmanitan-Zen ascends to Victini: 105 / 100 / 105 / 140 / 105 / 100 = 655 BST with access to Searing Shot

Rock / Water
Carracosta didn't need Swift Swim until it ascended to Barbaracle: 74 / 108 / 133 / 83 / 86 / 68 = 552-620 BST
Kabutops brings a little good to Barby as well: 72 / 115 / 115 / 65 / 86 / 80 = 533 BST (or 613 with Swift Swim)

Dragon
Haxorus ascends to Goodra: 90 / 147 / 90 / 110 / 150 / 97 = 684 BST - Mold Breaker. Wow.

Grass / Flying
Jumpluff (+20 SpD) and Tropius (+8 Def / +12 SpD) ascend to Shaymin-Sky! (just slightly more bulk than Skymin already has, with a different Ability and whatnot) = 620 BST (in both cases!)

Rock / Steel
Want Aggron to keep bulky without going Mega? It ascends to Stakataka!: 70 / 131 / 211 / 60 / 101/ 50 = 623 BST (+97!)

Rock / Flying
Optimized Aerodactyl ascends to Archeops: Rock Head gets utilized!!! 80 / 140 / 65 / 112 / 75 / 130 = 602 BST
Mega Aerodactyl ascends to Archeops, too, mostly boosting defenses: 80 / 140 / 85 / 112 / 95 / 150 = 662 BST
Minior ascends to Archeops (White Herb Shell Smash):
Meteor 75 / 140 / 100 / 112 / 100 / 110 = 637 BST; Core -35 Def/SpD, +10 Spe = 577 BST (hey, it's still better than what happens to either Minior or Archeops at low HP, so settle down!)
Minior can also ascend to Aerodactyl-Mega:
Meteor 80 / 135 / 100 / 60 / 100 / 130 = 605 BST; Core 80 / 135 / 85 / 100 / 95 / 150 = 645 BST (but you can't do WHSS)

Dugtrio-Alola ascends to Steelix (a 2 BST gap over Excadrill!) or Steelix-Mega: it's just Steelix[-Mega] with 110 Spe, and +5 SpD on standard Steelix = 595-690 BST
Excadrill ascends to Steelix or Steelix-Mega as well: 110 / 135 / 200-230 / 55 / 65-95 / 88 = 653-713 BST.

Dragalge ascends to Naganadel: 73 / 75 / 90 / 127 / 123 / 121 = 609 BST, and no regrets. Three useful Abilities.

Rock / Ground
Onix ascends to Rhyperior: 115 / 140 / 160 / 55 / 55 / 70 = 595 BST - Bringing back Rock Head, or adding Weak Armor since it's now bulkier and speedier (fastest)!
Pupitar ascends to Rhyperior: 115 / 140 / 130 / 65 / 70 / 51 = 571 BST - Shed Skin (second fastest, highest SpA/SpD
Larvitar ascends to Rhyperior: 115 / 140 / 130 / 55 / 55 / 41 = 536-606 BST - Where did I get that number? GUTS!!!!

Normal / Fairy
Azurill may not do much for Audino-Mega's stats, but extra resistance is always nice, and we never liked Audino-Mega's Ability in 1-on-1 matches: Base is Wigglytuff stats, Mega is Audino-Mega's stats. If you go Huge Power, you get 120-140 Atk. If you go Thick Fat, you get extra resistances. If you go Sap Sipper, you get a bonus immunity. Wins, all around!
Wigglytuff does better for Audino-Mega, but nothing for itself. May as well be shiny until it reacts with Audinite. Competitive or Cute Charm are... well, better than Healer: 140 / 70 / 126 / 85 / 126 / 50 = 597 BST. That's some MAD bulk!

Without Sky Plate, Tornadus ascends to itself! Regenerator becomes like a Hidden Ability: 79 / 115 / 80 / 125 / 90 / 121 = 610 (Better than Landorus!)

Poliwrath abuses Vacuum Wave ascending to Keldeo (somebody mentioned this ascension in a previous post, I think.)

Ledian (without Pinsirite) ascends to Yanmega, who has always envied its +54 pt higher SpD: 569 BST
Ledian (with Pinsirite) ascends to Mega Pinsir, again only ramping up SpD by 20 points, plus Iron Fist instead of Aerilate.
I mentioned this next one in my last Ascension post, but here it is again, now detailed:
Yanmega (without Pinsirite) descends to Scyther: Tinted Lens, 86 / 110 / 86 / 116 / 80 / 105 = 583 BST
Yanmega (with Pinsirite) ascends to Mega Pinsir: Speed Boost, 86 / 155 / 120 / 116 / 90 / 105 = 672 BST

Rampardos ascends to Regirock. That's 95 / 200 / 100 defensive and 165 / 65 / 58 offensive. Meh?
You know who else ascends to Regirock? LYCANROC! (These don't impress me enough for spreading out.)

Amoonguss ascends to Venusaur or Mega Venusaur. It's pretty bulky, but I'd still pick Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega anyday.

If you don't care for Zeraora's physical edge, that's okay! Its speed is nothing to complain about!
Special Tail Glow Sweeper Xurkitree ascends to Zeraora: +71 SpA is all Xurk offers to Zera, so... 112 / 173 / 143 offensive isn't bad.

Cloyster ascends to Lapras (which offers more than Walrein except 10 SpA): 130 / 95 / 180 / 85 / 95 / 70 = 655 BST; I'd add Freeze-Dry for all the Kyogres that will likely terrorize this meta (such as Swift Swim Floatzel).

Did somebody do Glaceon? No? Regice is a real step-up for it!: 80 / 60 / 110 / 130 / 200 / 65 = 645 BST

Klinklang is tremendous, with Shift Gear and Gear Grind and Arceus stats and 1.2x Steel power and Clear Body...

Magic Guard/Tinted Lens Lugia. +13 SpA. Sigilyph. 693 BST. Or Simple/Unaware Lugia with +4 Spe and Stored Power.

Breloom ascends to Virizion: 91 / 130 / 80 / 90 / 129 / 108 = 628 BST - Effect Spore/Poison Heal/Technician; Sacred Sword
Virizion descends to Chesnaught: 91 / 107 / 122 / 90 / 129 / 108 = 647 BST - Justified (not Bulletproof); Spiky Shield

Silvally can actually make up for many of its shortcomings by holding a Type Memory. For example, with Dark (Darkrai), Flying (Tornadus-Incarnate), Fire (Entei), Poison (Muk, apparently), Fighting (Mienshao, apparently), Steel/Ice/Rock (Regi trio), Bug (Pinsir, apparently), Dragon (Goodra), Electric (Zeraora), and Ghost (Dusknoir, which is an improvement), it can size up a LOT of their stats. Fairy would ascend to Xerneas, which does nothing for stats, but don't forget: Silvally can use a Physical Fairy-type move with 100% accuracy, as well as Parting Shot. Still not as good for Geomancy, but I'd say it's worth the Physical Fairy coverage.
Tangrowth and Tsareena better left with Shaymin than Silvally is, though. Groudon, Mewtwo, and Kyogre would each get +5 points to 2 select base stats, which... well, Silvally can't offer them anything, really. It would be worse for them, because they don't get their weakness-suppressing Abilities.

Smeargle, Ditto, and Farfetch'd ascend. `Nuff said! Reasonable ban suspects.

Consider making some kind of species limit to where you cannot have multiple mons on one team ascending to, say, Arceus or Kyogre. Maybe two at the very maximum.
Form-changing mons are an interesting bunch. Here's how I would handle coding them: You can select moves known only to the signature mon, but they cannot be used in battle unless the second form is taken. I can count on one hand the number of form-and-type-changing Pokémon whose new type is shared with a non-form-changing Pokémon, so it shouldn't be too difficult to give each one individualized functions.
Castform - Arceus, Regice, Kyogre, Entei (any of the last three could be Arceus if they Type Plate matches the weather)
Meloetta (with "Relic Song" move) - 1. Oranguru; 2. Lopunny-Mega (if holding Lopunnite) or Bewear
Darmanitan (with "Zen Mode" Ability) - see the example included above in this post, noting Arceus-Fire is an option, too.
Alternatively, you could just legalize all illegal forms.

Necrozma-Ultra would be treated like a Mega Evolution in this regard, but counted as a Z-Crystal usage.
It would be a similar operation to Megas that change type. The "Ascension Type Clause" (or whatever you want to call it) should say something like this: The inherited move cannot be used in battle until the base Pokémon's type matches its
Type-changing mons have primarily to do with Abilities or certain moves (e.g. Color Change, Burn Up, Camouflage, Conversion, Conversion 2, Reflect Type, etc.). I feel like this should be ignored, as trying to make an argument for changing Type to change ascension would be asking for trouble in coding, and probably bugs. Leave this gimmick to the form-and-type changers.

I sorta wanna see more tier versions of this meta, not just OU but UU, RU, NU, and PU
I think it's safe to start a viabilities ranking list, beginning with those of unique type sets, such as Froslass, Jellicent, Weavile, Shedinja, Torterra, Ludicolo, Ribombee, Diggersby, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Ninetales-Alola, Raichu-Alola, Golem-Alola, Sandslash-Alola, Mamoswine, Stunfisk, and Jynx, to name a few. Nincada and Wormadam-Sandy fit this bill, too. Maybe even Lunatone and Solrock. And probably most of the Rotom forms.
Eviolite still works, right? So the NFE forms of some of these Pokémon are more viable than the fully evolved ones! Perhaps some of these particular ones could be allowed the Eviolite boosts?

Also, question: What do we do about weight? Does the heavier mon define it, the base mon keep its own, or the ascended-to mon bestow its weight? That's something to consider. Height would just be trivia if this gets a calculation command.

On the topic of the command, it would be great if that could be coded first. Here's a followable format:
.asc Yanmega would yield descension to Scyther
and .asc Pinsirite Yanmega would yield ascension to Pinsir-Mega

Last edited:
APOKÉLYPS!E
The No-Sweepers Metagame.

The concept is simple: All active Pokémon are under the effect of Perish Song from the time they switch in.
That means every Pokémon gets only 4 active turns to KO the opponent before it faints.

OU clauses.
-EDIT-
Unbans: Arena Trap*, Baton Pass (remember, it carries Perish Song and Curse as well!)
Bans: Eevium-Z (because Baton Pass), protection, Substitute.
*Limit 1 per team.

Eject Button, Emergency Exit/Wimp Out, U-Turn, Volt Switch, Parting Shot, Imprison, Wish, Destiny Bond, Grudge, and moves that cause their user to faint become more useful, as more time on the field means less time before you faint anyway.

Soundproof does not ignore this effect.

What do you think? Could this be fun? Or would it be annoying? I'd like to see some set ideas, if anybody has some!

Last edited:
Why is Eevium banned if Baton Pass is no longer good? Even with protection and Sub banned, Arean Trap is still even better than in vanilla, since Pokemon NEED to switch to avoid getting KO'd by Perish Song, so why is it unbanned?
because they don't NEED to avoid getting KO'd by Perish Song. Arena Trap can be a suicide to prevent a potential threat from escaping. Also, again, it's just Dugtrio and Trapinch. How about: Limit 1 per team.

because they don't NEED to avoid getting KO'd by Perish Song. Arena Trap can be a suicide to prevent a potential threat from escaping. Also, again, it's just Dugtrio and Trapinch. How about: Limit 1 per team.
Or just keep them banned, and keep protection and sub unbanned. Why are you going out of your way to ban and unban random stuff?

Reactions: Eve
Or just keep them banned, and keep protection and sub unbanned. Why are you going out of your way to ban and unban random stuff?
Perhaps I want to play "Banned: The metagame." Where everything that is banned in OU is legal, and most of what is common practice is banned.
Under the OM index under Commonly Submitted (or at least has multiple similar submissions): "Nice Death: All Pokemon come into the field with Perish Song/Mons faint after X turns."
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/om-index-sun-moon-edition.3587933/
I believe the idea would be rejected.
Or, perhaps, I was just trying to come up with something that would fit the name "Apokélypse."

Last Gasp

After each of your Pokémon faints, your switch-in gets to use one of its moves one last time (assuming they haven't run out of PP). After that, it goes back to its regular moves. If multiple Pokémon faint due to hazards, you have to work your way though each of their last gasps.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Last Gasp

After each of your Pokémon faints, your switch-in gets to use one of its moves one last time (assuming they haven't run out of PP). After that, it goes back to its regular moves. If multiple Pokémon faint due to hazards, you have to work your way though each of their last gasps.
This is almost identical to Last Will, except the fainted mon uses their move immediately, rather than the switch in having a chance to do so. Because of the similarity to an existing meta, I don’t see this taking off unless you do something more with the concept. I get how a sacked Volc could pass Quiver Dance to something like Greninja for one use, or scarf Lando could pass U-Turn for its switch in to use maybe, but all in all its not that much of an abusable mechanic. Last Will did the idea in a way you could build sets off how they faint, rather than making it a team building process.

Technicianmons
Every Pokemon gets Technician on top of its primary ability. The boost is 2x instead of 1.5x.

Bans:
Skill Link
Hidden Power

Edit: Falls under "I Sure Love Ability X: All/Some Pokemon get X ability over their normal abilities." so is DQ'd. Sorry

Last edited:
Anyways here's a cruddy idea for a meta that's probably already been taken, but the idea is this:

Kantofication

Premis: A Gen 1 OU metagame where Pokemon from gens 2-7 are legal, granted they drop their illegal moves/types and have the higher of their two special stats chosen

So, any mon from a later gen is allowed in a gen 1 format, but they are only allowed the legal movepool at the time. No Focus Blasts or U-Turns; only Submissions and Pin Missiles. Also, only the first 15 types allowed, and any Pokemon that has a Fairy/Steel/Dark typing either drops the illegal type or remains illegal. That means that the Tapu's lose their Fairy typing and are legal here, but Magearna is still not allowed because it would be typeless. Lastly, simple enough, the higher of the two special stats (special attack / special defense) is used, so a mon like Blacephlon gets a 151 special stat for this meta.

Bans: Gen 1 OU bans + Gen 7 Ubers (besides the unbans listed), Regigas, Slaking, Hoopah, Hoopa-U, any Pokemon that cannot naturally be legal (Magearna, Unknown, item-reliant form changes like Silvally-Fire, ect).
Unbans: Zygarde, Shaymin-Sky, Pheromosa, Nagandel, Marshadow, Aegislash

Sets:

Scolipede
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

A fast and strong Bug and is one of the only good STAB users for a SE attack on Psychics

Kecleon
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Body Slam
- Blizzard

Great special with instant recovery and unlike Blissy, it has a decent enough physical attack

Zeraora
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Slash
- Low Kick

Super fast twaves with 100% Slash crits and a 30% flinch rate from low kick.

Rotom-Wash
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Thunderbolt

Lacks recover and an EQ immunity but is a scary ParaFusion user

Cryogonal
- Blizzard
- Explosion
- Bind
- Reflect

One of the fastest Bind/Wrap users, and has a nice 135 special for blizzard. Bind them to Blizzard range or score an Explosion once low.

Rhyperior
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Substitute

Just a better Rhyhorn lol. Same goes for Blissey, which might be worth banning.

Questions:

-Is the translation too biased?
-Has this been done before and I haven't seen it?
-What else is worth banning? I'm probably missing a lot.
-Share sets if interested! I know gen 1 isnt the most fun meta but I like it a lot.
This is more of a Pet Mod idea, if that hasn't already been said. I was coding something like this. It has its own client, but I've only added Houndoom and Ursaring, so it isn't ready to be linked. Also, Gen 2-7 moves that exist in Gen 1 have been added to movepools. Unfortunately, Gen 2 VC moves are banned. Trying to find a way around that.

I also wouldn't mind a Johtomons with the same premise. Another Pet Mod idea, of course.

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Technicianmons
Every Pokemon gets Technician on top of its primary ability. The boost is 2x instead of 1.5x.
There's already a similar meta that I forget the name of but it sets all moves to equal base power. There's also Return'd for the first moveslot being 102 BP. This just feels like "I really like Skill Link users" the meta (though Return'd avoided this by just banning multi-hit moves).

This is more of a Pet Mod idea, if that hasn't already been said. I and KuraiTenshi26 are thinking about coding something like this, although Kurai has a different idea than me. It has its own client, but I've only added Houndoom and Ursaring, so it isn't ready to be linked. Also, Gen 2-7 moves that exist in Gen 1 have been added to movepools. Unfortunately, Gen 2 VC moves are banned. Trying to find a way around that.

I also wouldn't mind a Johtomons with the same premise. Another Pet Mod idea, of course.
I don't think this would go under the pet mod umbrella. The same filter is applied to every 'mon, including the removal of cross-gen move illegalities and the consistent choice to pick the higher of Special Attack or Special Defense for the Special stat.

Return'd avoided this by just banning multi-hit moves).
Okay, yeah I could see that. Also a Hidden Power ban. Although, I know there’s a “No Unawaremons” rule that this might fall into, so it may not be qualified.
I don't think this would go under the pet mod umbrella. The same filter is applied to every 'mon, including the removal of cross-gen move illegalities and the consistent choice to pick the higher of Special Attack or Special Defense for the Special stat.
Okay, well in that case, I was wrong :O
Technicianmons
Anaconja: Angery
Y angery
Was it because my post was 2 lines lol

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Okay, yeah I could see that. Also a Hidden Power ban. Although, I know there’s a “No Unawaremons” rule that this might fall into, so it may not be qualified.
Okay, well in that case, I was wrong :O

Anaconja: Angery
Y angery
Was it because my post was 2 lines lol
If I wanted to make it a Pet Mod, we could do something along the lines of "make every gen2-6 mon a gen1 mon with custom gen1 moves, typings, and a new special stat." That would be a pet mod, and the community can vote and submit ideas for every fully evolved mon and come together to make a new meta. As what Ivy already mentioned though, Kantofication has about 3 universal rules that apply to every mon universally, which makes it an OM, at the sacrifice of missing a lot of mons and sets being ruled out.

Anaconja reacted angrily because you took a trope from the "commonly submitted OM ideas" field:

I Sure Love Ability X: All/Some Pokemon get X ability over their normal abilities.

Luchamons
An offensive move in a Pokemon's first slot has the Flying Press effect applied, based on the type of the move in the Pokemon's second slot.
Potential bans and threats Hidden Power? Protean?
Questions for the community
What bans/threats would there be?
Has this been submitted already?
Is this a qualified idea?

Last edited:
Type Infusion

All Pokemon's moves gain a secondary typing, based on the move that follows it, a bit like how Flying Press is both Fighting and Flying.

Garchomp
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

In this scenario:
Earthquake becomes both Ground and Dragon.
Dragon Claw becomes both Dragon and Rock
Stone Edge becomes both Rock and Poison
Poison Jab becomes both Poison and Ground

Immunities apply as usual, so a Steel type would be immune to Stone Edge from this Garchomp.

STAB still works at 1.5x power. In this instance, Earthquake would just gain 1.5x power from STAB, not 2x even if both Garchomp shares both types of the move.

Protean would change your type into the original type of the move, regardless of the secondary one.
Okay, a few differences, here. This is only the first two moves, first of all. Secondly, would it be possible to change your type to a dual typing with Protean if you use the first move?

I feel like having the effect for the second, third, and fourth moves is way overkill.

Last edited:
Is No-STABmons a thing yet? I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums except maybe in a typo.
Premise: Pokémon can learn moves of any type except its own, including those found in its movepool (except Status, for the sake of Protect and Substitute, etc.).
Rules: OU

Quickban: Protean, Drought and Drizzle (these could grant STAB for other Pokémon, and STAB is sorta what this meta is designed to not have), Charizardite Y, Electric Surge, Grassy Terrain, Psychic Terrain, Nature Power, Multi-Attack, Revelation Dance

Advantageous Abilities (which are thus ban-suspect or can be claused): The -ate and -ize Abilities that grant STAB, Steelworker, Tinted Lens
The following Mega-Evolvable Pokémon will have special clauses to prevent them from accessing certain move types if they carry their corresponding-type Mega Stone: Altaria and Pinsir (especially), Gyarados, Ampharos, Sceptile, Audino, Lopunny, Charizard (X), Glalie, Gardevoir
Disadvantaged Abilities: Swarm, Adaptability, Torrent, Overgrow, Blaze, Flash Fire, Water Bubble
Disadvantaged Megas: Aggron

It should be noted that many Pokémon lose access to their signature moves, making certain Uber tier Pokémon less competitively inclined.
Unbans: Darkrai, Salamence-Mega (prevented from learning Normal-type attacks if holding Salamencite), Kyurem-White, Kangaskhan-Mega, Lucario-Mega, Shaymin-Sky, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Blaziken, Blaziken-Mega, Power Construct, Aegislash (no Shadow Sneak), Marshadow

Suspect test subjects: Metagross-Mega, Yveltal, Xerneas, Pheromosa, Genesect, Landorus
I considered unbanning Kyogre and Groudon, or at least just Groudon, but their Abilities are banned.

How about some sample sets?

Dargad didn't understand something correctly: Flying Press doesn't add Flying type, but rather factors its effectiveness into damage calculation. Proven in the Abilimoves test on Normalize + Aerilate on Flying Press.
Adding a type to a move would add its inability to damage a certain type as well. Factoring effectiveness would not do this.
So far, I haven't seen this metagame come to fruition.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Is No-STABmons a thing yet? I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums except maybe in a typo.
Premise: Pokémon can learn moves of any type except its own, including those found in its movepool (except Status, for the sake of Protect and Substitute, etc.).
Rules: OU

Quickban: Protean, Drought and Drizzle (these could grant STAB for other Pokémon, and STAB is sorta what this meta is designed to not have), Charizardite Y, Electric Surge, Grassy Terrain, Psychic Terrain, Nature Power, Multi-Attack, Revelation Dance

Advantageous Abilities (which are thus ban-suspect or can be claused): The -ate and -ize Abilities that grant STAB, Steelworker, Tinted Lens
The following Mega-Evolvable Pokémon will have special clauses to prevent them from accessing certain move types if they carry their corresponding-type Mega Stone: Altaria and Pinsir (especially), Gyarados, Ampharos, Sceptile, Audino, Lopunny, Charizard (X), Glalie, Gardevoir
Disadvantaged Abilities: Swarm, Adaptability, Torrent, Overgrow, Blaze, Flash Fire, Water Bubble
Disadvantaged Megas: Aggron

It should be noted that many Pokémon lose access to their signature moves, making certain Uber tier Pokémon less competitively inclined.
Unbans: Darkrai, Salamence-Mega (prevented from learning Normal-type attacks if holding Salamencite), Kyurem-White, Kangaskhan-Mega, Lucario-Mega, Shaymin-Sky, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Blaziken, Blaziken-Mega, Power Construct, Aegislash (no Shadow Sneak), Marshadow

Suspect test subjects: Metagross-Mega, Yveltal, Xerneas, Pheromosa, Genesect, Landorus
I considered unbanning Kyogre and Groudon, or at least just Groudon, but their Abilities are banned.

How about some sample sets?
Sounds like stall city as everything (virtually) gets access to some sort of recovery and a host of other great moves if they’re not normal type. On the other hand, everything hits for less damage on average, so defense has the definitive upper hand

Dargad didn't understand something correctly: Flying Press doesn't add Flying type, but rather factors its effectiveness into damage calculation. Proven in the Abilimoves test on Normalize + Aerilate on Flying Press.
Adding a type to a move would add its inability to damage a certain type as well. Factoring effectiveness would not do this.
So far, I haven't seen this metagame come to fruition.
Ehh.

And the thing with Coba Berry, is that Flying Press is not technically a Flying type move, so it's normal that it doesn't work. It's a Fighting move, with a secondary effect of also applying Flying type. The way I see it, this meta would fully tag on a secondary type to a move. So things like Berries and abilities like Storm Drain, Volt Absorb or Sap Sipper would apply to anything that has that primary or secondary type.
*shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)