Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

no this does not guarantee all your delays will be even they may change and the seconds make sense as everyone's game is different although this is kind of a large delay range
so will that make RNG harder down the road or something?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so will that make RNG harder down the road or something?
kind of since even being one of will make the differences between getting your seed or not, try to stay consistent when tapping the A button to get to the opening screen to have a smaller range

kind of since even being one of will make the differences between getting your seed or not, try to stay consistent when tapping the A button to get to the opening screen to have a smaller range
o i am i've been mashing the A button like it killed someone in my family or something lol

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi

Is there a frame finder program for Windows? (I know there's one for Macs)
Funny, we usually get the Mac people complaining that all the frame-finding programs are for Windows.

If you read the first page, you'd see that RNG Reporter and PokeRNG are Windows-compatible programs.

PID Generation for Wild Pokémon

For the most part, PID generation is handled in the same manner described by X-Act in his article, but the process of getting the initial PID has changed in the 4th generation. In the 3rd generation, without a synchronizer present, the next two or three numbers from the RNG were taken and used directly to form a PID. In the 4th generation games this procedure has changed and there is an initial call to the RNG to get the nature and then the RNG is advanced until an appropriate PID (that is, one that has a matching nature) is found.

Starting from s[n], which can be thought as your current seed, when entering a battle with a Pokémon (wild or Synchronizable legend), the first seed used to generate the Pokémon is s[n+1].

This number is used to determine the nature of the Pokémon as follows:

floor (s[n+1]/0xA3E)

This operation will produce a number between 0 and 24, which is the target nature.

Next is the PID generation.

PID is [s[m]][s[m+1]]

where m starts as m = n+2 and is incremented by 2 until a PID is found with the target nature.

In the end the IVs, as usual, are formed with [s[m+2]][s[m+3]]

<insert complete example with pid generation>

Effect of Synchronize:

The high bit of s[n+1] acts as a trigger.

If it's 1, Synchronize has failed. In this case the method above is used, but s[n+1] is NOT recycled to determine nature. Instead another call is made to the RNG and that number is considered to be s[n+1].

If it's 0, the the target nature will be that of the first Pokémon in your party.

Next step is the PID generation.

PID is [s[m]][s[m+1]]

where m starts as m = n+2 and is incremented by 2 until a PID is found with the target nature.

In the end the IVs, as usual, are formed with [s[m+2]][s[m+3]]
I don´t understand because I don´t know how to get [n] or [m].

(s[n+1]/0xA3E)
[s[m]][s[m+1]]
[s[m+2]][s[m+3]]

I need these formulas to create a pid. But i can´t use them.

My problem is, i don´t know what [n] [m] mean...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I need these formulas to create a pid. But i can´t use them.

My problem is, i don´t know what [n] [m] mean...

[/I]
What do you need this for? RNG Reporter does all the brainwork of calculating the PIDs, IVs, and whatnot for you.

RNG Reporter is that good? Sorry i don´t know... I´m totally newbie with that.. I will try it with Rng Reporter .. thanks for the help..

RNG Reporter is that good? Sorry i don´t know... I´m totally newbie with that.. I will try it with Rng Reporter .. thanks for the help..
Oh dear christ. RNGreporter is the engine that makes this whole thing go. I really suggest you read the entire first couple of posts. Might wanna get a better idea of the whole process.

Will it work if we have to try more than once to catch a lvl >50 pokemon?
Yes. The second wild pokemon you encounter will just be at a higher frame on the same initial seed.
where do i find encounter slots on the rng reporter?
From the OP: "On any method J frame right click and select 'Calculate Encounter Slots'. It will do all of the work for you and provide links to charts so that you can look up what monster appears on which frame."

This whole thing occurs in the main window of RNG Reporter, once you have your seed, have selected "Method J", and have clicked "Generate". If the link for encounter slots that is in RNG Reporter doesn't work for you, there are links at the end of this post.

So I am going for a shiny Giratina in my Platinum game, and I've been wondering about RNG with method j. I think I've gotten it down, but I want to post what I think the process is and hopefully one of the many geniuses will help me if I need it.

First, I figure out my delay range. Then I go to RNG reporter and try to find the target spread for the legend (im sorta copying what Bearsfan is saying (^_^). When I get that, I get the frame the desired target is on minus from things. I know giratina in Distortion world is on frame 12(or it adds 12...not sure). Someone please specify the math here. After I get that number, I divide it in half and do that many journal flips. I then exit the journal and check if I did it right with the coin flip trick. Then I encounter the legend and it should be my desired one? This is what I undertsand of it so far so as you can see I need help =]

Hello

I just would like to mention in pokemon hg/ss snorlax and the red gyarados do respawn after the e4 is beaten, if you faint them at the first encounter. Snorlax appears at route 12 and Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. I suspect that this game allows all legends/interactable pokemon to be rebattled, usually after the e4 is defeated. This proves well for RNG purposes, allowing desirable legends to be RNG'ed at a later time.

So I am going for a shiny Giratina in my Platinum game, and I've been wondering about RNG with method j. I think I've gotten it down, but I want to post what I think the process is and hopefully one of the many geniuses will help me if I need it.

First, I figure out my delay range. Then I go to RNG reporter and try to find the target spread for the legend (im sorta copying what Bearsfan is saying (^_^). When I get that, I get the frame the desired target is on minus from things. I know giratina in Distortion world is on frame 12(or it adds 12...not sure). Someone please specify the math here. After I get that number, I divide it in half and do that many journal flips. I then exit the journal and check if I did it right with the coin flip trick. Then I encounter the legend and it should be my desired one? This is what I undertsand of it so far so as you can see I need help =]
I haven't RNG'd abused Giratina in the distortion world but I believe I can help.

Giratina is on frame 1, but every time you open your journal it adds 11 to the frame. Most people go into the game, check their seed with coin flips, then open their journal, this is why some people say Giratina's starting frame is 12.

Also, if you do the journal flips first, why do you need to do the coin flips.

Always do the coin flips first. I suggest you save on the day of when you want to catch Giratina, so when you enter the game there is no journal, you can proceed to do your flips.

I'm not 100% sure on this bit, when the journal opens and if you already have a "caught/defeated" poke, I believe its +13 instead of +11 because of that page? Like I said, I'm not sure.

EDIT: Made a few corrections XD

I haven't RNG'd abused Giratina in the distortion world but I believe I can help.

Giratina is on frame 1, but every time you open your journal it adds 11 to the frame. Most people go into the game, check their seed with coin flips, then open their journal, this is why some people say Giratina's starting frame is 12.

Also, if you do the journal flips first, why do you need to do the coin flips.

Always do the coin flips first. I suggest you save on the day of when you want to catch Giratina, so when you enter the game there is no journal, you can proceed to do your flips.

I'm not 100% sure on this bit, when the journal opens and if you already have a "caught/defeated" poke, I believe its +13 instead of +11 because of that page? Like I said, I'm not sure.

EDIT: Made a few corrections XD
I think I get it alot more now lol. when I have my delay range, I need to find out my target frame on which the shiny Pokémon is generated. Then I go into the game and check with the coin trick. if that matches up, I take the target frame, minus amount of roaming legends the frame in which in the Poke is on. Divide that in half and do that many journal flips with something about a caught/defeated Pokémon in it. After that catch it and see. Now are the journal flips 2 frames? or like you said 11 frames.

In the guide for an advancment of 105 it says "You would flip your Journal 50 times to a page which lists a captured Pokémon to advance the RNG by 100. That still leaves five, though, which can be handled by walking 128 steps with five Pokémon in the party."
So from that, if you took 128 steps with one Pokemon in your party, the RNG would advance 1 frame? This is all becoming a little clearer now lol.

I think I get it alot more now lol. when I have my delay range, I need to find out my target frame on which the shiny Pokémon is generated. Then I go into the game and check with the coin trick. if that matches up, I take the target frame, minus amount of roaming legends the frame in which in the Poke is on. Divide that in half and do that many journal flips with something about a caught/defeated Pokémon in it. After that catch it and see. Now are the journal flips 2 frames? or like you said 11 frames.

In the guide for an advancment of 105 it says "You would flip your Journal 50 times to a page which lists a captured Pokémon to advance the RNG by 100. That still leaves five, though, which can be handled by walking 128 steps with five Pokémon in the party."
So from that, if you took 128 steps with one Pokemon in your party, the RNG would advance 1 frame? This is all becoming a little clearer now lol.
If you want to find shiny spreads fast - like 2-3 minutes. Download Wichu's program.

Every flip is advances the frame by 2, but every time you open your journal from your bag it auto advances +11. But the thing I'm not sure about is what if the page has "Caught/defeated" pokemon on it, does it add 11 or 13?

128 steps with 1 poke is indeed +1 advancement, when catching legends it is advised to have an even number of pokemon so if you need a target frame that's not what you planned you can change it by doing 128 steps.

If you want to find shiny spreads fast - like 2-3 minutes. Download Wichu's program.

Every flip is advances the frame by 2, but every time you open your journal from your bag it auto advances +11. But the thing I'm not sure about is what if the page has "Caught/defeated" pokemon on it, does it add 11 or 13?
Oh, you mean like you open the journal on a page that has a caught/defeated Poke? I get you.

And where could I find Wichu's program?

I haven't heard about that +11 thing before, and I'm sure I've done abuse by opening the Journal from the bag and doing the normal amount of flips (ie not subtracting 11). Can anyone confirm either way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)