Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Thank you very much UDH, I misunderstood that part. I tought I should get to frame 172. Plus the monster frame, it should be 173 but that was not the right calculation. I got to frame 173 and got my zapdos xD Thank you again for the help.

Yeah, I understand how it work now and everything but on my import copy it is all in Japanese/Kanji I believe, and I don't know how to read it...that's why I'm saying it by clicks. That's why I'm wondering if there is a Picture or guide to help determine what he says or asks with maybe pictures so I can know what he is talking about...

Yeah, I understand how it work now and everything but on my import copy it is all in Japanese/Kanji I believe, and I don't know how to read it...that's why I'm saying it by clicks. That's why I'm wondering if there is a Picture or guide to help determine what he says or asks with maybe pictures so I can know what he is talking about...
Best bet is to memorize the first character of each sentence as it's different each time. Or memorize something else that is different with each response, write it down or always remember. Or you could learn to read Japanese. :)

Okay, another BCC question..

I have a target frame of 66 or 72. The first time I advanced to 63 and then SS'ed, I got a Weedle on frame 205. What is going on here? :P

I'm trying to RNG an egg with the right nature and IVs.
I understand for this I need to RNG twice. Once for making the egg and once for receiving it.
I know that you need to use the shiny egg calculator first but use a random SID.

My problem is that all the delays I need are around 2497. My calibrated delay is 497. I use Pika Timer but the numbers are so awkward I find it too difficult.

If anybody has advice on hitting high delays or getting lower delays in the first place it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a target frame of 66 or 72. The first time I advanced to 63 and then SS'ed, I got a Weedle on frame 205. What is going on here? :P
That's what happened to me! I tried BCC on a Soul Silver cart, and whenever I used Sweet Scent, the frame advanced like crazy .-.

Edit:
I'm trying to RNG an egg with the right nature and IVs.
I understand for this I need to RNG twice. Once for making the egg and once for receiving it.
I know that you need to use the shiny egg calculator first but use a random SID.

My problem is that all the delays I need are around 2497. My calibrated delay is 497. I use Pika Timer but the numbers are so awkward I find it too difficult.

If anybody has advice on hitting high delays or getting lower delays in the first place it would be greatly appreciated.
You should be able to pick your delay range in the shiny egg finder and the IV finder. Oh, and btw, RNG Reporter 9.81 doesn't work for the Shiny Egg Finder/Egg IV Finder. You'll have to use an older version (I can give you the link, VM me if you need it).

How much different are delays on emulators? (Specifically fo rDesmume HG/SS games). Since I'm not on a DS how does hitting delays work? Can I ask about that here btw?

I almost did it.

I was trying to get to a frame of 9 so I checked the previous 8 eggs to make sure I was right.

I got all 10 elm calls.
Egg1 was Frame1
Egg2 was Frame2
Egg3 was Frame5
Egg4 was Frame6
Egg5 was Frame8
Egg6 was Frame9
Egg7 was Frame10
Egg8 was Frame11

At this point (because I didn't know what all of the eggs were going to hatch into at the time) I saved and got ready to hatch the next egg.
In the mean time the other eggs were hatching and I realised something was wrong even against the odds.

Now I would like to know what else advances the frame.

I heard that when RNGing eggs there is nothing else to advance it.

The only other things I did were check my Pokemons' summaries; go in the PC and walk around with a Pokemon out in the Daycare Centre.

If somebody knows what might have happened it would be greatly appreciated.

You checked the IV's and they were that of frame 205? O_o

How much different are delays on emulators? (Specifically fo rDesmume HG/SS games). Since I'm not on a DS how does hitting delays work? Can I ask about that here btw?
They are exactly the same as a normal cart. You wait time, just like normal. Just with emulators you have the ability to make a save state at any delay and go back and hit it over and over again without having to wait the full time to get to that delay again.

I almost did it.

I was trying to get to a frame of 9 so I checked the previous 8 eggs to make sure I was right.

I got all 10 elm calls.
Egg1 was Frame1
Egg2 was Frame2
Egg3 was Frame5
Egg4 was Frame6
Egg5 was Frame8
Egg6 was Frame9
Egg7 was Frame10
Egg8 was Frame11

At this point (because I didn't know what all of the eggs were going to hatch into at the time) I saved and got ready to hatch the next egg.
In the mean time the other eggs were hatching and I realised something was wrong even against the odds.

Now I would like to know what else advances the frame.

I heard that when RNGing eggs there is nothing else to advance it.

The only other things I did were check my Pokemons' summaries; go in the PC and walk around with a Pokemon out in the Daycare Centre.

If somebody knows what might have happened it would be greatly appreciated.
There are a few things that advance the PID frame of your egg.
Calling Joey, picking up/denying eggs, and incoming calls (whether you answer it or not).
Joey advances by 2, picking up or denying eggs from the daycare man advances by 1. I've never messed around with incoming calls as it usually messes your frame up. It's just best to avoid them all together.

"If somebody knows what might have happened it would be greatly appreciated."

What do you mean by that?

There are a few things that advance the PID frame of your egg.
Calling Joey, picking up/denying eggs, and incoming calls (whether you answer it or not).
Joey advances by 2, picking up or denying eggs from the daycare man advances by 1. I've never messed around with incoming calls as it usually messes your frame up. It's just best to avoid them all together.

"If somebody knows what might have happened it would be greatly appreciated."

What do you mean by that?
It means that if somebody tells me I will appreciate them telling me. (It's supposed to be polite)

So I'm assuming that it's quite difficult to get the right frame the way I was.

I'm going to use Youngster Joey from now on. Thank You.

It means that if somebody tells me I will appreciate them telling me. (It's supposed to be polite)

So I'm assuming that it's quite difficult to get the right frame the way I was.

I'm going to use Youngster Joey from now on. Thank You.
Oh okay, I get it now! xD!

Yeah, it can be, but it's the only way to get even framed eggs. As Joey always advances by 2, so odd is only achievable by him. For even just use Joey and deny the first egg and get another. The second egg should be your desired egg, if you did everything else correctly.

Is calibration still needed when using Zomg/Eon Timer for 4th Gen abuse? To clarify I'm referring to when you first start RNG abuse, not when you missed your delay or whatnot.

Is calibration still needed when using Zomg/Eon Timer for 4th Gen abuse? To clarify I'm referring to when you first start RNG abuse, not when you missed your delay or whatnot.
You only need to know whether you're hitting odd or even delays.

Now then, does anyone know if the date rolling over affects the RNG on Platinum?

You can RNG them as soon as they're available.
Since you don't need to release them to keep playing the game, you should RNG them the first time you encounter them.

Since they're roamers, you'll need to do all the RNGing before releasing them.

Can I 4th gen on DSi XL? I only have an AR DSi and I wanted to use the 100% capture code for the roamers.
AR DSi works on DS Lite/Phat as well :P But, yeah, any DS works for G4 (I'm pretty sure).

And you figure out that bit of info by how exactly? Same way one would use to find their initial seed if RNG the old fashion way?
It's basically like Calibrating, but you only have to do it once. Find a place with pokemon Lv. 50+ (If you're on HGSS, go to Mt. Silver, and get to the place where you're outside of the cave and there's long grass). If you have a pokemon at exactly 49 or 50, use a repel, put that pokemon in the front party, and save in the grass. If you have an AR and an IV/EV check code, insert your AR into your DS. Make sure you have nothing in the GBA Slot.

Open RNG Reporter, and click "Seed Finder". You should get a new window. Pick the game you're on, and enter the year and month that's on your DS.

Turn on your DS, and note the minute you press A on the DS menu to get into the game. Enter the game, run around until you get a pokemon, and catch the pokemon. Enter all the rest of the info in the window, and press find (If you need to use an IV Calculator that will give you a min/max range, pick the tab that says "Find Seed by IV Range instead, but at level 50+ you should get pretty accurate results). The delay listed will be either odd or even :]

I'm not sure if there's an easier way, but I don't think it's that complicated. Also, if you can't get to a place with Lv. 50+ pokemon, just go somewhere with wild pokemon and use the "Find seed by IV Range" tab. Hope this was helpful. If you need Screen shots or anything, ask. :]

How do I find seeds for chained shinies? (What settings I should use under timer finder?) Also would RNGing a new ID/SID help?
I'm not completely sure, but when I RNGd my LoR Gyara I just found a Method K seed, put it into RNG Reporter and changed it to Chained Shiny method and looked to see which frame(s) had my Nature/IVs. I guess you would do something similar, but I'm not sure.

I'm not completely sure, but when I RNGd my LoR Gyara I just found a Method K seed, put it into RNG Reporter and changed it to Chained Shiny method and looked to see which frame(s) had my Nature/IVs. I guess you would do something similar, but I'm not sure.
Would a synchronizer override the nature it lists? (It's a flawless spread, but it's some shit nature. Sync changes it and IVs remain the same?)

Would a synchronizer override the nature it lists? (It's a flawless spread, but it's some shit nature. Sync changes it and IVs remain the same?)
I have no idea. RNG Reporter doesn't give an option to choose a Syncer, so Idk if it'll work, but it's possible, I think. Since, with this method, you're still encountering a wild pokemon. I honestly don't know, though :/

Natures of chained shinies are dependent on IDs/SIDs, so syncs don't do anything.

Whatever seed you use for Method J/K/1 is applicable to Chained shinies, however you have to do a little tweaking in getting a new seed to shoot for a higher frame because the seed you may have now could probably have a low current frame.

In a nutshell, same spread, different seed using a website WZ posted some odd pages back. I asked the same thing a week ago.

You can RNG them as soon as they're available.
Since you don't need to release them to keep playing the game, you should RNG them the first time you encounter them.

Since they're roamers, you'll need to do all the RNGing before releasing them.
So I'd do all my seed-hitting and advances for say, Cresselia. Then I'd talk to her to release her and when I run into her in the wild she'll have the stats from my seed I hit? Is there a way to quickly run into her after hitting my seed? I've never RNGed a roamer in 4th gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)