Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly how I feel about the forms, and maybe they are actually whole pokemon, I mean masuda tweeted that, and while embellishments abound in adverts, gamefreak has never outright lied to us.
iirc, Shaymin & Giratina's other forms were referred to in similar ways. Rotom's forms were certainly presented in a similar way to actual new Pokemon (with the teaser images and the silhouettes and so on).

I think it's just their weird nomenclature.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Any idea of new movepool additions? Like, when Platinum gave to Scizor Bullet Punch. Try to keep the moves relevant to the theme of the pokes.

I could see some pokes with shells getting Shell Smash, such as Blastoise and Shuckle, so that GF does not look completely stupid for letting pokes who obviously have shells without this move.
I know that they never make sense but still... Blastoise?
Without Shell Smash?
Really?

I just have a feeling that Keldeo might be a in game pokemon in Black and White 2. It is just odd that they would release Meloetta at the same time. I am probably wrong though...

On Formes: I don't think DPt had any data about "Alternate Formes" of Pichu.

If there is an "Alternate" Volcarona/Simisear/whatever, it'd be treated just like the SEP was in HGSS.

Any idea of new movepool additions? Like, when Platinum gave to Scizor Bullet Punch. Try to keep the moves relevant to the theme of the pokes.

I could see some pokes with shells getting Shell Smash, such as Blastoise and Shuckle, so that GF does not look completely stupid for letting pokes who obviously have shells without this move.
I know that they never make sense but still... Blastoise?
Without Shell Smash?
Really?
They usually have some form of balance in place for these things. Let's take Quiver Dance, for example. Volcorona is basically the only really good user of it, and it's held back by a ehhhhhh typing. Lilligant isn't bad but has twos of moves to use it with. The others are all fairly middling at best early bugs & Venomoth.
Shell Smash wise you typically get guys like Magcargo, Torkoal and so on. Things that have a stat layout that could use a boost and might be frail/slow. I think Blastoise might be a tad overpowered but better theorymon-people can clarify.

But hey I'd like see Coil go to all the serpentine Pokemon, not just the snakes and Eelektrik. I mean it's basically bulk up, but the accuracy boost is a nice add-on.

They usually have some form of balance in place for these things... Shell Smash wise you typically get guys like Magcargo, Torkoal and so on. Things that have a stat layout that could use a boost and might be frail/slow. I think Blastoise might be a tad overpowered but better theorymon-people can clarify.
Blastoise with max speed EVs and a neutral nature would outspeed positive nature max EV Deoxys speed after 1 shell smash.

Positive nature max EVs would yield 590 Special Attack. Add life orb to make it effectively 767. This could beat banded/specs positive nature max EVs Deoxys attack.

His defensive stats would essentially be reduced to the same as his unboosted attacking stats if they had negative natures.

Hydro pump: 5hko eviolite Chansey, 4hko blissey, no rain for either, 1 shell smash.

PLEASE correct me if I miscalculated.

Let's not have Shell Smash Blastoise.

Shell Smash Kakuna.

M'irite or m'irite?

Though then I'd be disappointed that you couldn't get a shellpassing Beedrill.

Shell Smash Metapod. :V

On a more serious note, give it to Kabutops and Armaldo.

Shuckle with Shell Smash seems plausible with its shell AND contrary, but then again when did Game Freak ever make sense *cough Zangoose can't learn cut cough*.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
They usually have some form of balance in place for these things. Let's take Quiver Dance, for example. Volcorona is basically the only really good user of it, and it's held back by a ehhhhhh typing. Lilligant isn't bad but has twos of moves to use it with. The others are all fairly middling at best early bugs & Venomoth.
Shell Smash wise you typically get guys like Magcargo, Torkoal and so on. Things that have a stat layout that could use a boost and might be frail/slow. I think Blastoise might be a tad overpowered but better theorymon-people can clarify.

But hey I'd like see Coil go to all the serpentine Pokemon, not just the snakes and Eelektrik. I mean it's basically bulk up, but the accuracy boost is a nice add-on.
Yeah Shell Smash could be broken, but if it is, it will be by a little imo. And GF has made in the past overpowered pokes that weren't legendary like Garchomp, Wobbuffet in 4th gen and some more that i may forget.

Any examples of serpentine pokemon?

Speculation time?

Blastoise
Cloyster
Slowbro
Omastar
Shuckle
Torkoal
Torterra
Crustle
Carracosta

Those are all the FE Pokemon that learn Withdraw (into shell) all of which also learn Shell Smash except the ones in bold.
Only Clamperl and Magcargo learn Shell Smash and not Withdraw.

So if we are to assume the ones in bold are candidates for getting the move in the future, Shell Smash Torterra would be pretty sexy.
It has a pretty good stat distribution for the move with great attack, defense, and usable speed (slow enough to Smash 2nd against fast attackers but fast enough to sweep at +2).

Blastoise would be a decent user of the move. Its offenses are modest but they would be usable at +2 and it would be faster than Cloyster. It has a pretty good physical and special movepool too. Torrent boosted STAB Hydro Pump in the rain would smart. Or it could use Rain dish to offset LO recoil. A viable offensive set would probably make it easier for defensive Blastoise to spin.

I love Shuckle but he's always a bit of a gimmick. Nonetheless, Shell Smash could probably work along with his DW ability: Contrary. The move would lower his abysmal offensive stats while raising his defenses. But you know Shuckle, he can't do much apart from stall out residual damage. I don't think Slowbro has the right stat spread for Shell Smash and he's probably the least likely of the bunch to get it anyway.

Special wish...Extremespeed Zangoose.
STAB Extremespeed is very, very rare and with Poison Rampage and STAB it would be essentially base 180 power.
But hey, he "adroitly dodges attacks with incredible agility" and he already learns Quick Attack.
C'mon GF. :)

Yeah Shell Smash could be broken, but if it is, it will be by a little imo. And GF has made in the past overpowered pokes that weren't legendary like Garchomp, Wobbuffet in 4th gen and some more that i may forget.

Any examples of serpentine pokemon?
Onix line (would probably enjoy more accurate Fangs & steel moves), Gyarados, Milotic actually you know what here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ody_style#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_serpentine_bodies
Not...entirely...sure why Burmy & Wormadam count towards this but I don't think any of them beyond Gyarados (who I thought actually got Bulk Up) and Dragonite would be overpowered with it.

Dratini/Dragonair would be likely candidates for Coil, and as a result Dragonite would get it, too. I don't think it would be overpowered, though. It does get Dragon Dance, after all. Coil / Substitute / Dragon Tail / Roost or something along those lines would be sweet, though.

There are tons of potential tutors, new TMs (since they are no longer restrained by TM compatibility issues - though that doesn't mean they will necessarily utilize it), and new level up / egg moves (the latter of which drastically changed 4th gen) in these sequels. I'm sure we'll see a shake up in the metagame, along with the possibility of 5th gen Dream World Pokemon. I'm eager to see what awaits us.

Coil milotic would be cool, boosting its subpar defense while also boosting its accuracy.
Coil-recover-hydro pump-blizzard/hypnosis/dragon tail

I think we're all missing something really big with the moveset speculation here.

We're all discussing old Pokemon getting new moves, which is only somewhat likely. What we pretty much know WILL be coming though are move tutors. Ever since generation 2 Move tutors have been introduced in the second wave of games in a generation, and there's no reason to think that these two will be an exception.

I've noticed that right now a LOT of the new Pokemon suffer from very sparse movepools, and move tutors would change that completely. Pokemon previously held back by their ridiculously bad coverage and options will suddenly get access to new moves.

Thinks like Klinklang could suddenly have access to game changing coverage (Look at Klinklang in NU. Now imagine him with Superpower.) This is much like how Scizor got Bullet Punch and went from "cool" to "most used Pokemon in the game". Got any speculation along THOSE lines anyone?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Onix line (would probably enjoy more accurate Fangs & steel moves), Gyarados, Milotic actually you know what here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ody_style#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_serpentine_bodies
Not...entirely...sure why Burmy & Wormadam count towards this but I don't think any of them beyond Gyarados (who I thought actually got Bulk Up) and Dragonite would be overpowered with it.
Thx for the list! Gyarados could use Coil to a great extend with a RestTalk set no?

I bet pokemon are definitly gonna get some new moves, but shell smash and quiver dance to all these isn't going to be likely, and only a few are good. Shuckle seems like it would fit, as mentioned several times before though it would be the worse user of it in existence. Great, you sacrifice the best defenses in the game for what, 90 attack and 50 speed?

canno

formerly The Reptile
Aura Sphere tutor would be cool, especially for pokemon like Cofargrigus, who has to rely on Hidden Power for coverage (since his offensive movepool is pretty much Ghost-type attack and Hidden Power) and Reuniclus, who would no longer has to rely on Focus Miss. There is also a couple of other new pokes that would be cool with Aura Sphere (Chandelure, Beheeyem, ect.)

Also, Recover/Wish/Other Recovery Move tutor. Seriously, there are SO many potential walls with the new gen pokemon (and even older gen pokeon too) that are lower tiered because they can't recover. My main example is Cofargrigus, with its only form of recovery being Rest (And it doesn't even get Sleep Talk!). Even Moonlight would be decent on it.

A hazards tutor would also be cool. Imagine something like Mandibuzz with Spikes (it could work, as it could potentially use broken bits of bones as hazards). Stealth Rock tutor that gives pretty much everything Stealth Rock (like the good old Gen 4 TM did) would be pretty cool as well.

A hazards tutor would also be cool. Imagine something like Mandibuzz with Spikes (it could work, as it could potentially use broken bits of bones as hazards). Stealth Rock tutor that gives pretty much everything Stealth Rock (like the good old Gen 4 TM did) would be pretty cool as well.
Rapid

Spin

Move Tutor
come on gamefreak, please? Delibird & Anorith of all things get it, spread it around more. Like...all the water types! And Flying types they'd like that too

5% chance of any move tutoring failing and learning splash instead

masuda: *troll face*
Magikarp-salesman-esque Move Tutor that hypes Splash as the best move ever, forcibly replaces a random move from any one Pokémon in your party, then charges you half your current cash.

Masuda: *soopah troal faiz*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)