Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I assumed it auto saved before the credits like every other game, but apparently I was wrong because now I have to beat the elite 4 again!
Every other game saves post-credits

That's like a rule when it comes to games that continue after the credits, you go through the whole thing and then play again to see any bonuses or new things that occurred.

This isn't really an in-game concern, though, is it? One way around this is to own multiple copies of the game, obviously, or multiple account creation (this is RISKY). If you're a teenager, just ask every relative for B/W on your birthday and you'll be fine...no, that won't work. How about...trading with friends???
Well yeah, if you have two copies of the game, you can just make two accounts and get two Eeveelutions. Do the terms of use say one account per household? Not that it matters, but how could they prove it's not, say, your brothers account?

The alternative, if you have one copy of the game, is to make multiple accounts and just restart your game after getting each one.

Alright, so.

Sign if you were one of the people who filled all 24 boxes in your PC just to get a Dragonspiral Tower Zekrom/Reshiram.

* Signs *
I will be, i've now on my 17th box so just over 2/3 of the way there.

I've had to use False Swipe + Pokeballs from box 10 since I ran out of money bar 100,000, but i'll stop at around the 20th box and use that last 100k for 100 repeat/quick balls to finish off. Because of this, it feels like i've been doing it for days, which essentially I have. :(

Yes, but seeing that this is my first playthrough I wasn't sure when you encounter N in the Elite Four and didn't really want to ruin it for myself.

Also, the time spent getting the money could be better spent just catching level 2's with False Swipe + Pokeballs as it only takes around 5 seconds longer than using Repeat's (animation off, ect.)

Why are people bothering to get Zekrom/Reshiram to show up at Dragonspiral Tower instead anyway? Bragging rights for having a different catch location?

To be able to RNG it at their leisure. And check the nature before the game autosaves, since nature doesn't show in battle in BW.

But since it's not hard to catch anyway (catch rate of 45, same as numerous Pokemon and higher than Dialga and Palkia's 30, Volcarona's 15, and the "usual legendary" 3), I'm not sure it's that necessary. Nature can be checked by deliberately losing in the battles after catching it. So it is practical to RNG it when it's first met.

It's also possible for it to be shiny if caught at the Tower, but it will be never be shiny when encountered at the castle. However minuscule the chance is of that, it's still nonzero compared to zero.

So when does the game save after you beat team Plasma? I beat the elite 4, beat N, beat the team Plasma leader, then it went straight to the credits. I assumed it auto saved before the credits like every other game, but apparently I was wrong because now I have to beat the elite 4 again!
Nope, after.

On a similar note, I was pretty pissed at the way the final battles played out... mainly the fact that not once in between catching Zekrom (for me) and the auto-save after the credits do you get to pause and check the nature of the damn thing. >_____O So what, they force you to use the first nature of Zekrom that you catch?! That's bullshit I sez. Friggin' Relaxed Zekrom.... could be worse I guess but still.... I wasted my Master Ball on that bastard too because I thought I'd get a chance to reset, but nope, like an idiot I let the autosave roll on by.

Well, most players don't even care about natures. Anyway, Reshiram and Zekrom are banned from the Battle Subway, Random Matchup, and VGC. Meaning the only chance to use it competitively is by Wi-Fi with FCs or local battles.

To check its nature, you can A) make an educated guess by viewing its stats during the battle with Ghetsis, or B) intentionally lose to Ghetsis and be taken back to a pokemon center, where you can check the nature, then if you're satisfied go back and fight him again.

Just use an IV calculator and you can easily see Reshiram/Zekrom's Nature in the battle with N. (It'll be the stats that are off otherwise). Well, you won't be able to tell betweenthe identical natures, though... (Docile or Quirky?)

Just use an IV calculator and you can easily see Reshiram/Zekrom's Nature in the battle with N. (It'll be the stats that are off otherwise). Well, you won't be able to tell betweenthe identical natures, though... (Docile or Quirky?)
Why would anyone want to know what specific neutral nature it is? Neutral natures suck all the same :L

Also, did anyone else take the easy road and use the (leveled up to lv100, EV'ed or not) WIN2011 Celebi to beat the E4/N/Ghetsis? It also helped me catch Reshi, two +0 Energy Balls brought it down to yellow, so I caught it with my first Ultra ball.

breh

強いだね
I'm not entirely sure you can tell between max and 30 ivs, though. A Timid Reshiram with a 30 speed IV will be outsped by every one with 31...

It's also possible for it to be shiny if caught at the Tower, but it will be never be shiny when encountered at the castle. However minuscule the chance is of that, it's still nonzero compared to zero.
Nope, can't be caught shiny anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure you can tell between max and 30 ivs, though. A Timid Reshiram with a 30 speed IV will be outsped by every one with 31...
Yes, you can't tell the exact IVs mid battle; but if you're RNGing and aiming for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread, and the calculator tells you you've hit 30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31, you can be pretty sure you hit your seed.

It's possible some Natures could be hard to detect with extreme IVs, I guess; maybe, something like 31 Attack IV Timid coming out to the same stat as 0 Attack IV Adamant. (Or something similar). But if you're RNGing, you will get enough info to find what you hit, so from that you can easily see the nature.

What exactly are you supposed to do after you beat the elite 4? I went West from Nuvema down and found 1 of the 7 sages but then I went to the dream yard and battled 1 trainer and his pokemon were all level 60+, so I went back to Opelucid and went East and the first trainer I saw had pokemon level 60. Mine are all 50-52, am I supposed to grind and train before I go out or am I missing something?

What exactly are you supposed to do after you beat the elite 4? I went West from Nuvema down and found 1 of the 7 sages but then I went to the dream yard and battled 1 trainer and his pokemon were all level 60+, so I went back to Opelucid and went East and the first trainer I saw had pokemon level 60. Mine are all 50-52, am I supposed to grind and train before I go out or am I missing something?
Lol, seems to me your over leveled. Of course, there's a massive jump from when you beat the game to the post-game stuff in terms of levels, so don't be surprised if your fighting level 60s to 70s afterwards. Luckily, most of the trainers use not fully evolved Pokemons or not very strong Pokemons, so you should be fine with the team you used to beat the Elite Four with, but bring some Potions and Revives just in case

Ok this breakout game is annoying...I know I'm good at the ACTUAL game, but trying to play it with a fucking mouse on a flash version is dumb...

That and when do the psychic orbs show up? All I've seen are ones for the standard 3 first ones.

Ok this breakout game is annoying...I know I'm good at the ACTUAL game, but trying to play it with a fucking mouse on a flash version is dumb...

That and when do the psychic orbs show up? All I've seen are ones for the standard 3 first ones.
As you progress through the levels, the different kinds show up. Espeon and Umbreon show up next, and Leafeon and Glaceon near the end, making those two the hardest to get.

I'm finished EVing the Whimsicott, Gurdurr and Hydreigon I hatched earlier. Still need to evolve Gurdurr but I haven't had access to wifi for awhile. I got impatient and used almost all my rare candies that were saved up to evolve Hydreigon; audino grinding was getting boring and it was just too tempting. A level 64 evo? Really?

Next up: Reuniclus, Venomoth and Volcarona. I spent all that time soft resetting for a good volcarona, and I just now realized that morning sun is an egg move. FML.

After Zoroark, Keldio, Prankster Sableye, Techloom, Droughttales, Chlorophyll Venusaur, Skill Link Cincinno and magic bounce Espy become available to me, i'll be raising those too. I want a chandelure too, but I need more testing to decide what I should do with it. Then I need the EV berries for Zekrom, Victini and Virizion, and i'll be done raising pokemon in b/w.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)