Project: Revamp NU

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

PROJECT: Revamp NU

Hey there.

Anyone who's been paying attention to NU C&C at all should know that I've been attempting to put it through a quality revamp. From threads like the To-Do List (which has been sitting idle for a long time now… that's my fault, but by no means is it forgotten, as you'll see) to QC of On-Site Analyses, I've been working on ridding NU of subpar analyses and get our contributors to consistently produce high-quality analyses, which hasn't always been the case thus far. As I said in the OSA thread, our previous Quality Control team was rather inexperienced and allowed a lot of less-than-ideal analyses slip through the cracks, and this thread aims to fix that.

While the OSA thread exists for various analyses that are already on-site and need to be talked about (stuff like the viability of various NFEs and the ordering of sets), this thread in particular is for determining what needs to be entirely changed, what just needs to be updated, and how we're going to go about it. Some on-site analyses are top-notch, and as such we won't even have to worry about them. Some are only missing a few sets (ie. Cacturne, Flareon), some are incredibly old and need to be updated to the new metagame (ie. Swellow, Pinsir), and some of them are poorly written, contain misinformation, or are just outright bad. The NU QC team went through all of the on-site analyses a while back and deliberated on what they thought needed to be changed, and I took that information and composed an overall 'To-Do List' that you’ve previously seen stickied in this forum.

This thread is taking both the role of the Reservation thread and the To-Do List, merging them together. It's an experiment so we'll see how it goes, but hopefully everything will turn out splendidly and we can get much better quality analyses on-site! =)

So what are we doing?

The process is exactly the same as the Reservation thread, except that you now have a description of what in particular needs to be worked on with a specific analysis so you know exactly what you're getting into. You sign up for a Pokemon, just like you do in the Reservation thread. Once you reserve a Pokemon, you become responsible for ensuring that the analysis for it is quality. This doesn’t always mean that you’ll have to re-write the analysis on your own; although some do require full revamps, many of these changes only require small changes or edits to the on-site analyses. I know this sounds a little bit confusing, but let me give you an example. This is the listing for Arbok that will be in the following post;

Arbok said:
Arbok: Coil set is worth a look-over, a solid anti-metagame Pokemon atm. Shed Skin makes setting up on Amoonguss + Alomomola somewhat viable, Rest + Shed Skin might be worth a look although it drastically cuts into Arbok's moveslots. Aqua Tail is probably the best coverage option alongside Gunk Shot; hits most of its resists and there's no real need for Seed Bomb anymore since Quagsire is gone (Carracosta?). Could use an entire analysis update as the Overview doesn't really play to its strengths and I'd like to see a revamped C&C section. Also, its partners mention Leavanny (wtf?).
First thing that I notice is that no one has posted to reserve Arbok yet (orange is the color for Unreserved Pokemon). Secondly, I see that there are many small things that I need to include in my potential update / revamp of this analysis; for example, QC feels that the Coil set needs to be re-looked at, and that Rest + Shed Skin is worth consideration, whether in AC or the actual set. Going over this, I might decide that I’m really not comfortable enough with Arbok to make the decisions or changes outlined in the listing, so I won’t sign up for it. Or, maybe I do feel comfortable with it, and I post reserving Arbok. (Please only reserve something you have experience with - we're doing this to give the on-site analyses better quality, not to simply rewrite another poor analysis. After I post the thread, a link will be added.​

Again, this process is exactly the same as it was before except this thread now gives you a general idea of what needs to be improved on each analysis, according to QC (it should also make QC approvals go by much more quickly). This does mean that some analyses will only need a new set written, or maybe the checks and counters updated, or maybe needs two sets written or perhaps it needs to be re-written entirely. This will all be detailed in the description of a given Pokemon, but by no means should the description be treated as everything that it absolutely needs. The skeleton will still have to go through QC and each individual member will still give their thoughts. If you want to work alongside someone for the analysis that's totally fine, as long as you both post in this thread stating so.

If you want to only reserve writing a certain section (or set - treat them the same way!), please clarify in your post. For example, if I only wanted to work on the Checks and Counters section for Arbok, I would post saying so in this thread, and then post my work as Arbok (Checks and Counters) (QC 0/3). Make sense? Tell me if it doesn't!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Index and Reservations

previous Index and Reservation threads, for reference: First, second, and third.

A few rules of thumb - currently, we are not focused on updating any 'bad' Pokemon which have little to no effect on the current metagame. You might love Pidgeot to death, but I'm more interested in making sure Samurott, Emboar, and other top-tier Pokemon have up-to-date and quality analyses on-site. If you want to discuss any of these listings, have any corrections, or anything of the sort, please post about it here! I know I make a lot of mistakes, so please let me know if I messed something up. :P

I removed all reservations that were not acted upon. If you lost your reservation, tough luck - you made it ages ago and haven't done anything about it.

To clarify on how to interpret the readings: Unreserved, In-Progress, Completed. If the name of a Pokemon is blue or green, you cannot reserve it without speaking to me and the listed author first.

Deadlines

In order to produce analyses on a more timely fashion than we have been, I am instating a new policy for deadlines. You have one week after you post your reservation to put up a skeleton, and two weeks after the third QC check to have your analysis fully written. I am not going to be lenient and there will be no warnings - if you do not have work completed by the deadline, your analysis may be re-assigned to whomever actually wants to get the work done. If you miss a deadline multiple times, you will be temporarily banned from reserving analyses in NU, and if you continue missing them, I will give you an infraction. Please take deadlines seriously and get your work done!

---------

(TOP PRIORITY!)

As you can see from the bold red tag, the analyses under this heading are absolute top priority. I would greatly prefer it if you selected one of these analyses to work on rather than one from the standard section. If you take one of these, get them done QUICKLY. Hopefully we can get these done and out of the way before moving onto more trivial matters.

Camerupt: Updated to remove RU Pokemon. The tank set was primarily to handle Magmortar, little reason for it to exist anymore (Electric-types aren't really popular enough...). Offensive sets need more attention/testing. Also would like the C&C section to be expanded. The analysis was written in its heyday; it's okay but not -excellent- since so much is running around that flat-out beats it, so not worth our attention atm.

Drifblim: Needs to be rewritten with the current meta in mind, especially since it's an older analysis. Several areas of the analysis mention "luring out special walls" which is never going to happen now since the Acrobatics set is easily the best/most popular set. I'd like to go over the usability of stuff like the SubCM set; in most scenarios SubCM Gardevoir sounds 100% better, especially when we're talking about tearing apart cores. Also the BP set sounds ehh, not sure on it. Also should probably confirm whether or not Unburden gets passed with BP; if so it might be a viable slash on the Acrobatics set, if not then w/e screw that. Disable needs a slash on it, too.

Eelektross: It's generally a recent analysis, but it needs to reflect the BW2 updates and such. CB is one of the best sets for it imo, and we definitely want Giga Drain > Grass Knot and talk about U-turn > Volt Switch. Sub +3 Attacks is also a potentially viable set - in total, this needs to have CB added, a very small number of mentions changed (add in Golurk mentions), Giga Drain added, and Sub + 3 Attacks discussed.

Fraxure: Addition of Low Kick, Superpower, and Aqua Tail (mostly the former, though) are absolutely huge. Definitely needs a full update. I'm thinking we can possibly see a bulkier SubDD set, as well as DD / SD or Taunt (not sure if SD is good on its own) and some kind of Choice variant.Reserved by ScraftyIsTheBest

Gorebyss: It's a good analysis. We need to debate whether HP Bug or HP Electric (or HP Grass, but I don't think it has any advantages over HP Elec, which hits Mantine) is now the best option since Quagsire is gone, to hit Ludicolo / Mantine respectively. I don't think anything else needs to be done, except maybe testing the viability of Substitute + 3 Attacks in and outside of rain. This wouldn't be a set all on its own, but we would just change SubSmash to Substitute and slash Shell Smash behind both of the coverage attacks and obviously talk about the merits of each. I've played a little bit with Sub + 3atks and it's solid because Gorebyss forces switches so easily after like U-turns from Regirock.

Lapras: Hydration set? Drill Run needs to be added to DD's AC, generally detail is lacking throughout the analysis and adding some would be really good. It just needs an overall rewrite and revamp.

Lickilicky: Why is Dragon Tail slashed before Body Slam? BS is generally the superior move in most situations, hitting surprisingly hard against most everything that switches in on Lickilicky. Very few mons can actually set up in front of Lickilicky anyway, not counting stuff like Gurdurr since Lickilicky loses to it anyway. Also not sure of the viability of the mono-attacker set; it seems that SubSD does everything that it wants to do but better.
Roselia: new mon, needs analysis ASAP

Stoutland: new mon, needs analysis ASAP

Torterra: The tank set should really be 252 Atk / 252 Spe @ LO nowadays, since it demolishes Alomoonguss cores and it's probably the best set atm (WH / EQ / Synthesis / SR or Stone Edge). Ditch CB; it's mediocre and outclassed by LO. Rock Polish is o_k at best but should really be using a Jolly nature or else it misses out on Rotom-S, one of its few advantages as a booster over something like Gorebyss.

(Standard priority.)

This is where everything else that needs an update can be found. Not all of these analyses will require full updates - some only need a few new mentions, others need a set or two. If you're a new writer looking for something to begin your C&C career with, look here.

Ampharos: Not popular enough to deserve a revamp, despite being an old analysis. If we do get around to doing it, the quality of several sets needs to be questioned; particularly the latter three. Amoonguss needs a heftier mention in C&C, as HP Ice does surprisingly little to it.

Arbok: Coil set is worth a look-over, a solid anti-metagame Pokemon atm. Shed Skin makes setting up on Amoonguss + Alomomola somewhat viable, Rest + Shed Skin might be worth a look although it drastically cuts into Arbok's moveslots. Aqua Tail is probably the best coverage option alongside Gunk Shot; hits most of its resists and there's no real need for Seed Bomb anymore since Quagsire is gone (Carracosta?). Could use an entire analysis update as the Overview doesn't really play to its strengths and I'd like to see a revamped C&C section. Also, its partners mention Leavanny (wtf?).

Armaldo: Is a somewhat new analysis, but needs some updates to reflect the new metagame. Aqua Tail needs to be mentioned to get rid of Golurk; Golurk mentions throughout need to be added. A Jolly spread that outruns Adamant Golurk might be AC-worthy. Is Swift Swim the best option for all non-defensive sets? Needs QC input on this. Needs to be touted as the best spinner in the tier, as it is.

Bastiodon: Probably needs more mention of how it beats the shit out of Cinccino, which is very nice. Musharna should probably hold priority as a better cleric overall, although it doesn't have Wish-passing. Magic Coat mention somewhere, reflecting Spores and such is cool. The analysis is okay as-is, could do with a revamp though.

Bibarel: This is a really unexplored Pokemon with a lot of potential and a fairly weak analysis that looks untested (how did we let these slip through the cracks?). Quagsire being gone removed its best counter in existence, really, and Bibarel has several niches like SR + Taunt + Rain Dance / Sunny Day (which nothing else in NU gets, I think?). It's something we should play around with more eventually and find better sets, since the current analysis doesn't really do it justice.

Butterfree: A lot of Butterfree checks have been moving up (Cryogonal, Magmortar) and Golem is falling in usage, so we should probably go over it as a group in QC. The analysis overall is well-written (albeit a bit lengthy), so I'd prefer to not re-write it entirely, but we can go over the sets and add some tidbits here and there, if necessary.

Cradily: Mediocre analysis, with little detail that the reader couldn't glean from just looking at the moves. Defensive set needs mentioning as a decent stop to Cinccino; Storm Drain also became legal with several moves. Mono-attacker and SD sets need to be re-looked at for viability. It hasn't been touched since February, so an update could be nice sometime in the near future.

Dragonair: Hasn't really been touched since March. Needs its sets to be revamped, DTC talked to me about revamping this a little while back so I'll leave this as his project for the time being. Would like to see a Marvel Scale RestTalk set, along with the current sets reworked. Reserved by Constantinipple.

Exeggutor: Well written throughout and analysis is mostly up to date. I want to rethink the usage of Psyshock on any/all sets, especially SubSunny Day since it's listed first; it was really only used to hit Cryo and Magmortar harder, so what purpose does it have now (aside from hitting Lickilicky harder?). Definitely benefits from the drop in Skuntank usage and rise of Absol. Not much that needs to be done, just a short discussion and a few SCMS edits. LumRest Exeggutor is superior to SubSitrus. Reserved by erisia.

Flareon: I want to discuss a physical Guts set, which is now legal with Superpower. Flame Charge + Superpower + coverage sounds like a decent set. Otherwise well-written, any slight changes can just be added via SCMS.

Floatzel: Initial analysis is evidently very poor, distinctly lacking in every area and merely describing the purpose of the moves. The mixed rain set is much better in those regards. I also want to look into the viability of all sets. I anticipate that CB + rain sweeper (it gets Hydro Pump now) will likely stay, but BU / manual rain is sort of bad. A SubPass set also needs to be tested because SubPass is a fantastic strat and Floatzel is definitely fast enough to do it.

Grumpig: Its niche (beating Magmortar and Heal Bell) has kind of left it behind. Dingo wants to see a CM set, which would probably be pretty cool since it smashes the regen cores. Not sure if DS is worth it.

Hypno: Very sparse analysis. C&C sections is awful and has like two things total (there's a lot of shit that beats Hypno). Baton Pass should be the only option in the fourth slot, TR makes it outclassed entirely by Beheeyem (and even Duosion / Musharna to an extent). Insomnia needs to be more prominent. Hypno is outclassed by pretty much every Psychic-type there is except maybe Chimecho, and the analysis should say that. It just needs to be updated and fleshed out.

Kadabra: I think the main set needs some shakeups. It's not strong enough to break anything even with LO, and Sash is generally just the better item overall. I'd also really prefer to see Encore > Sub / CM, since Kadabra has no business doing either (Alomomola's Scald breaks its Sub 100% of the time... :/) and Encore at least has some utility. Skuntank needs to be in C&C. Reserved by Swamp-Rocket.

Kangaskhan: I'd like to see the first set be changed to a bulkier spread, with Adamant as the main nature. Double-Edge should be slashed in lieu of Return as well, because the power difference is really pretty huge. I also want a lot more emphasis on what Kangaskhan brings to the table: a fuckton of priority, modest bulk, and enough speed to outrun mostly everything it needs to. A couple of people have mentioned CB, which definitely needs a mention or two as well (maybe an entire set?). Also the C&C section is awful (Ghost-types as checks? Really?). Reserved by Swamp-Rocket.

Luxray: Superpower + Guts being legal together is huge. Not sure about the viability of the mixed set since Quagsire is now gone and it's not such an effective lure. Defensive also lost its best niche in checking Braviary (Defiant), so not sure what we want to do with that. Not the highest priority mon that we need to revamp, but a lot of it has changed in the passing to BW2 so it'll probably need a lot of discussion.

Mantine: C&C is very poor, and I'd just like to see the writing be revamped overall. Reserved by Django.

Maractus: Storm Drain + Spikes is probably the set we're looking for, not Sunny Day + Spikes. It's still a cool niche and should go in OO, but SD is generally the best option and we should probably not be running a defensive set with Maractus (those 75/67/67 defenses, lol). LO Spikes / Synthesis / Giga Drain / coverage sounds ok. Knock Off should be mentioned in AC somewhere.

Miltank: SR being legal with Sap Sipper is huge, and Sap Sipper should be mentioned on all sets since nabbing a +1 Attack is awesome and Miltank is the bulkiest Pokemon with that ability. Mooffensive should really be only using Sap Sipper, Scrappy seems like more of a secondary thing if your team really struggles with ghosties. It doesn't necessarily need an update, just a few rewrites.

Murkrow: The current analysis is very low-quality and lacking in information. It mentions a grand total of two teammates: Swellow and a few spinners. Also the c&c section is rather poor. An update to this would be appreciated; the usefulness of Insomnia for uhhh Amoonguss needs to be emphasized, also Heat Wave is legal with Prankster now so Roost might be an ok option on the attacker set. Thunder Wave is also a good idea. Reserved by Brammi.

Probopass: C&C is mediocre, really only mentions Fighting-types and a few random mons with CC. Torterra, Golurk, etc need to be mentioned. Tangela is like 2HKOed by offensive Flash Cannon... The offensive set that DTC posted needs to be added as well. Teammates aren't particularly relevant, and I think we can just do a general update and be ok.

Raichu: Actually mentions like no offensive partners and gives Alomomola as an option. ?_? I'm interested in a few other sets, like something to do with Sub (SubEncore, SubNP?) and I'm pretty sure we can drop GK for Focus Blast. Espeed mentions can probably also go into AC or OO.

Simipour: The best of the Simis, but several sets have surfaced lately and they're better than the on-site ones. SubSalac is the most popular, and I'd honestly be using +Spe natures on everything if only to outrun Zangoose / Sawsbuck. It's well written but very old and needs a general update.

Solrock: Needs a bulky set - Will-o-Wisp / Morning Sun / Rock Slide / SR. Reserved by Annoyer.

Swanna: Is in need of a full revamp. Brave Bird is no longer necessary now that Cryogonal is gone, and SubRoost is far and away the best set. Rain Dance + Roost with Hydration also sounds like a decent or outright good set. Choice might also be worthy of consideration. C&C is mediocre and doesn't really mention very much.

Torkoal: Golurk mentions need to be added - anyone with SCMS access who wants to do this really quickly, please contact me! :)

Ursaring: I really want this analysis to differentiate Ursaring from Zangoose, who is faster and carries many of the same features as Ursaring. Quick Feet, being weaker and only somewhat faster than Zangoose (only outspeeding the Simis, Charizard, and Sawsbuck), is really not worthy of a set anymore, imo. RestTalk Ursaring could be worth consideration as a status platform that can consistently switch into Amoong / Alomomola and tank statuses + hit harder as a result.

(In-progress - don't have a listing)

This section is primarily reserved for the analyses that were being worked on while the To-Do List was being put together, and thus don't have a listing of what's needed to be updated from the on-site analysis. If you're looking for an analysis to write, don't worry about this section - it's primarily for my own reference, as many of these analyses are already written and simply waiting for GP checks.

Altaria: Full update, by EBeast.
Exeggutor: Full update, by erisia.
Fraxure: Full update, by ScraftyIsTheBest.
Kadabra: Full update, by Swamp-Rocket.
Kangaskhan:Full update, by Swamp-Rocket.
Linoone: Full updateFull update, by Zebraiken.
Mantine:Full update, by Django.
Solrock: Full update, by Annoyer.
Tangela: Full update, by MysticNova.
Wartortle: Full update, by Agent Gibbs.

(Don't need updates!)

Everything in this section has already been worked on and finished so the on-site analysis is considered up-to-date and completed (or they require so few changes that it's not worth working on for the time being). If you have anything further to say about the analyses in this section, please do tell!

Amoonguss: Full update, by Raseri.
Articuno: Full update, by erisia.
Beartic: Full update, by Swamp-Rocket.
Beheeyem: Full update, by Flashrider57.
Braviary: Full update, by Django.
Cacturne: Full update, by pokemon0078.
Carracosta: Full update, by Django
Combusken: Full update, by Raseri.
Corsola: Full update, by Raseri
Ditto: Full update, by Amarillo.
Dodrio: Full update, by ballabrown24.
Duosion: Full update, by Keiran.
Electabuzz: Full update, by Raseri.
Electrode: Full update, by Raseri.
Emboar: Full update, by Django.
Frillish: Full update, by Django.
Gabite: Full update, by Raseri.
Garbodor: Full update, by Flashrider57.
Gigalith: Full update, by col49.
Golbat: Full update, by CrobatFTW.
Golurk: Full update, by Raseri.
Granbull: Full update, by Yonko7.
Gurdurr: Full update, by SuperJOCKE.
Haunter: Full update, by Vintage Books.
Leafeon: Full update, by Amarillo.
LiepardFull update, by Shelmet.
Ludicolo: Full update, by TrollFreak.
Magmar: Full update, by erisia.
Marowak: Full update, by pokemon0078.
Mawile:Full Update, by Annoyer.
Metang: Full update, by ium.
Muk: Full update, by Yonko7.
Musharna: Full update, by DTC.
Octillery: Full update, by pokemon0078.
Piloswine: Full update, by Raseri.
Pinsir: Full update, by Endorfins.
Rampardos: Full update, by Ebeast.
Rapidash: Full update, by erisia.
Samurott: Full update, by Raseri.
Sawsbuck: Full update, by Incon.
Sawk: Full update, by Raseri.
Seismitoad: Full update, by Yonko7.
Skuntank: Full update, by erisia.
Spinda: Full update, by breh.
Swellow: Full update, by Raseri.
Swoobat: Full update, by The3DOstrich.
Zangoose: Full update, by SuperJOCKE.
Zebstrika: Full update, by Raseri.

Not "finished", but need no updates or incredibly minor ones:

Absol
Alomomola
Audino
Basculin (superpower is all)
Banette
Cinccino
Gardevoir
Glaceon (might need updates to the meta later but no one uses this)
Golem (this just needs a few updates to the current metagame - Cinccino's prominence, etc)
Jumpluff
Kingler
Lairon
Lampent
Masquerain (cincy as a check, possibly bulky booster)
Omanyte
Regirock - checks and counters
Regice
Relicanth
Rotom-F
Rotom-S
Scraggy
Seadra
Serperior - possibly talk about set order, hp types.
Shelgon
Shiftry
Stunfisk
Tauros
Victreebel
Wartortle
Weezing - SubSplit set?
Whiscash
Zweilous

(Currently not slated for updates)

Like I said earlier, we're focusing on only relevant Pokemon to update at the current time. The following list is Pokemon that have been determined irrelevant or useless in the current metagame, and thus cannot be reserved. This list is not debatable.

Ariados: tspikes are bad atm, ariados is bad
Beautifly: outclassed by everything, GS says it should emphasize stun spore since that's the only thing it has on mothim
Beedrill: outright deleted two awful sets (sd + agility and cb...)
Bellossom: GS mentioned something about an SD set
Carnivine:
Castform: joke
Chatot: mentions of golurk needed
Cherrim:
Chimecho: no longer has the niche of being only mon with heal bell + instant recovery, since mushy has it
Clamperl: joke
Corsola: bad mon bad sets bad analysis. C&C on this is god awful
Delibird: joke
Dewgong: entirely inferior to lapras (encore...?)
Dunsparce: cbb says set is bad
Emolga: mediocre analysis, subcharge wtf
Exploud: isn't top priority at all, but needs an entire revamp w/ scrappy. specs hyper voice sounds a lot better
Fearow: poor analysis. mentions it beating stuff like regirock early in the analysis... then says they're counters later. also mentions altaria as a counter. what does fearow have that brav doesn't?
Gabite: prolly needs a full revamp. listed sets are bad (hone claws stone edge nice), needs bulky set w/ sr
Girafarig:
Glalie: has spikes but most people don't care enough to use, doesn't deserve attention atm. a look over this later could be a good idea
Golduck: SubCM might be an ok idea, 3+ sets is probably too much for a mediocre mon though
Heatmor: dtc made several changes, no reason to update
Huntail: ludicolo & amoonguss mentions in c&c, fairly poor c&c overall but eh
Illumise: weather
Kecleon:
Leavanny: heal bell
Lopunny:
Lumineon:
Lunatone: moonlight
Machoke: mushy / golurk mentions in checks, also needs ice punch mentions
Magcargo: lol water pulse vanilluxe........
Meganium: amoonguss emphasis
Mightyena: mostly outclassed by moxie pinsir now
Mothim: Giga Drain and Roost are now legal with Tinted Lens, so they can possibly be slashed onto the set if desired.
Mr. Mime:
Natu:
Noctowl:
Pachirisu:
Parasect:
Pelipper: new partner mentions, seismitoad
Persian:
Phione: bulky rest rain setter is ok
Pidgeot: special set? lol
Pikachu: espeed mention
Purugly:
Raticate: absolutely inferior to zangoose / swellow
Regigigas: SubRP is a garbage set
Seaking: lol
Seviper:
Shedinja:
Shuckle: why mention huntail
Simisage: both inferior, we'll see what to do with them later
Simisear:
Slaking: protect mons need to be added to C&C
Sneasel:
Stantler:
Sudowoodo:
Sunflora:
Swalot:
Throh: not important atm, but resttalk > chesto
Togetic:
Tropius: remove growth?
Unfezant:
Unown:
Vanilluxe:
Vespiquen:
Wailord:
Walrein:
Watchog:
Wigglytuff:
Wormadam (all 3):

Wait, Zeb, what are we doing about joke analyses?

Contact me if you'd like to do a joke analysis. They are nowhere near top priority atm.​

jake

underdog of the year
All analyses are now susceptible to the deadlines. Any analysis that has passed QC but hasn't been written has two weeks to be written before I hand it off to someone else. Any reservation taken in this thread has exactly one week to have a skeleton posted before I give the reservation away. Thanks!

Also, I'd really like it if you guys posted all updates in this thread, so I can maintain it more efficiently (x skeleton is up, y is done, etc - double post if you must!).

You may now post or whatever! =)

------

how to deal with analyses that only need a certain section(s) updated or need references throughout the analysis updated

put the original section (you can get them from the previous analysis's thread with a simple search through the archives, or if you have SCMS access, from the SCMS) in [quote*] brackets. this offsets the text and makes it a bit easier to identify the previous analysis from what you want to do with it.

[Overview]

<p>Before BW was released, there wasn't yet an Electric-type that had Levitate to negate its sole weakness to Ground-type attacks. Eelektross is the prototype of this new breed, and it's itching for a test run. In fact, it's the only NU Pokemon that has no weaknesses, with Sableye and Spiritomb locked up in higher tiers. Eelektross has a few more things going for it. Eelektross was blessed with great mixed attacking stats, as base 115 Attack and 105 Special Attack are more than enough to strike fear into the heart of your opponent. (1) However, its lack of good high-powered physical STAB and coverage moves leave it passed over by other attackers with similar stats such as Emboar, Braviary, and Sawk. Eelektross's only real boosting move is Coil, which finds use on physical sets, but Eelektross wishes it had a recovery move to last longer, especially because of its low Speed.</p>

<p>That being said, Eelektross is a fine Choice Specs user, and fits well on VoltTurn or Choice-based teams. This is largely due to its good bulk, as well as its coverage. 85/80/80 defenses are great for an offensive Pokemon in NU, since even without investment it retains a great deal of bulk. Once Eelektross gets in, it causes havoc by forcing multiple switches, and can take advantage of entry hazards mainly thanks to its fantastic coverage and access to Dragon Tail. However, its atrocious base 50 Speed holds Eelektross back from becoming a top-tier threat and cements its role as a bulky attacker. Unfortunately, Eelektross's bulk doesn't come with useful resistances, since outside of its Ground-type immunity its only important resistances are to Flying- and Electric-type moves. Though it may seem to have a lot of things going for it, Eelektross just isn't as good in practice as it may seem on paper.</p>
your comments on the existing overview section; if you think it's fine, state so and move on. it is imperative that you list all parts of the current analysis in your thread, even if you have absolutely nothing to say about it other than "it seems good". this is for ease of qc, so that they can easily tell if they agree or disagree with your thoughts. if there are only a few small changes you want to make, i want you to bold and enumerate these passages in the old analyses, and then detail them down in this section, like so:

1. this is wrong because x y and z or this isn't relevant to the metagame anymore because blah blah blah. i intend to change it to "sldkfdjkfd" or i'm going to remove this entirely because hudsdfshkv

this procedure should be continued throughout the analysis. further example:

[SET]
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Volt Switch (1)
move 2: Flamethrower
move 3: Grass Knot (2)
move 4: Thunderbolt / Acid Spray
item: Choice Specs / Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Modest
evs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe (3)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>A specially attacking set takes advantage of all of Eelektross's strengths: great coverage, power, and bulk. Its slow Volt Switch allows you to keep momentum while bringing in a frail sweeper free of charge and capitalizing on entry hazards immensely. Volt Switch, Acid Spray, and Eelektross's coverage moves all force out your opponent's Pokemon. This set is especially good at tearing apart defensive cores, since it has Acid Spray to become a special wall's worst nightmare, and can use its coverage moves to easily destroy physical walls such as Tangela and Amoonguss. (4) Thunderbolt is usually superior to Acid Spray, though, since Eelektross poses a larger threat when equipped with Choice Specs and Thunderbolt doesn't force Eelektross to switch. It can be a great asset for Spikes-stacking teams, although it is useful on other types of offensive teams as well. This set can function as a momentum grabber, hazard abuser, and bulky attacker all in one. Levitate is very useful on this set as well, since even if your opponent manages to lay their own hazards down, Eelektross will only take damage from Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>Volt Switch is the primary STAB move on this set, and is chosen for the reasons outlined above. Flamethrower is a great move for Eelektross, primarily used to hit the Grass-types that resist Volt Switch. (5) Tangela, Amoonguss, and Sawsbuck can't be allowed to get a free switch-in, and Flamethrower puts them in their place. Grass Knot rounds out Eelektross's coverage by hitting Ground-types that try to come in for free on Volt Switch, specifically Golem and Camerupt since they resist Flamethrower as well. Thunderbolt is the preferred option in the last slot mainly because Eelektross enjoys having a powerful STAB move that doesn't force it to switch. However, Acid Spray is another great choice that also messes with your opponent, as it forces them to switch before they get destroyed. Note that Thunderbolt has more use when using Choice Specs, while Acid Spray is more effective when using Leftovers.</p>
1. i think u-turn should be slashed because blah blah
2. giga drain is the better move because dskfjdsf
3. eelektross should be running enough speed to outrun golurk / min 65s
4. blah blah
5. blah

any set additions will follow normal procedure. after it has gone through qc, you should put all of this (including [quote*] tags, etc) in [hide*] tags so that it's easy to look up what exactly was changed; you may continue writing the analysis outside of that. your thread would look like this:

[Overview]

<p>Before BW was released, there wasn't yet an Electric-type that had Levitate to negate its sole weakness to Ground-type attacks. Eelektross is the prototype of this new breed, and it's itching for a test run. In fact, it's the only NU Pokemon that has no weaknesses, with Sableye and Spiritomb locked up in higher tiers. Eelektross has a few more things going for it. Eelektross was blessed with great mixed attacking stats, as base 115 Attack and 105 Special Attack are more than enough to strike fear into the heart of your opponent. However, its lack of good high-powered physical STAB and coverage moves leave it passed over by other attackers with similar stats such as Emboar, Braviary, and Sawk. Eelektross's only real boosting move is Coil, which finds use on physical sets, but Eelektross wishes it had a recovery move to last longer, especially because of its low Speed.</p>

[Overview]

<p>Before BW was released, there wasn't yet an Electric-type that had Levitate to negate its sole weakness to Ground-type attacks. Eelektross is the prototype of this new breed, and it's itching for a test run. (2) In fact, it's the only NU Pokemon that has no weaknesses, with Sableye and Spiritomb locked up in higher tiers. Eelektross has a few more things going for it. Eelektross was blessed with great mixed attacking stats, as base 115 Attack and 105 Special Attack are more than enough to strike fear into the heart of your opponent. (3) However, its lack of good high-powered physical STAB and coverage moves leave it passed over by other attackers with similar stats such as Emboar, Braviary, and Sawk. Eelektross's only real boosting move is Coil, which finds use on physical sets, but Eelektross wishes it had a recovery move to last longer, especially because of its low Speed.</p>

1. blah blah
2. blah blah
3. blah blah

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I'll take over Charizard.

(I'll finish writing up Altaria, too!)

Fly birds fly. Kacaw

If i have more time i'll reserve more stuff but as of now I'll be enough.

jake

underdog of the year
This is updated! Also, I'd really really really like to encourage you guys to post every update in this thread, even if you're just posting the thread or that it's now done. It really helps keep me organized and if it's not posted in here I'm bound to lose it in the flow of analyses being worked on. Thanks!

Can I reserve Golbat? I am currently working on one other UU analysis but I should be able to do this one too. I'll create a thread for it when I get a response.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay I've finished a skeleton for arbok. It needs work but anyone willing to do QC checks?
When you've finished a skeleton change the title to [QC 0/3], it makes it much easier for us to spot and then work on :) I'll take a look at it now.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll get Muk done in a couple of days, college is a pain.

No one has responded to this so...

Can I reserve Golbat? I am currently working on one other UU analysis but I should be able to do this one too. I'll create a thread for it when I get a response.
Sure.

Also, does anyone want to reserve Metang?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)