Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucker Punch? I am so confuse ;/
I didn't expect to be outsped, I just used Knock Off because there is no way for Aegislash to outspeed unless it's scarf. Aegislash almost always switches out on Bisharp anyway because it just can't win that match-up UNLESS IT HAS A SURPRISE SCARF. It would have been better to hit whatever it switches out to with Knock Off than do nothing with sucker punch.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
I didn't expect to be outsped, I just used Knock Off because there is no way for Aegislash to outspeed unless it's scarf. Aegislash almost always switches out on Bisharp anyway because it just can't win that match-up UNLESS IT HAS A SURPRISE SCARF. It would have been better to hit whatever it switches out to with Knock Off than do nothing with sucker punch.
I see, but rule #1 of Competitive Pokemon taught me assume everything has a scarf unless proven otherwise.

^That makes me laugh so hard, though it would take a very skilled player for Scarf Aegislash to actually be effective xD

(i.e, act the same way you did, which was arguably the smarter way to play)

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Donphan is pretty hilarious but have you ever heard of forretress in 6th gen OU? Now that's real humor.

Just had someone switch in their Skarmory on my Bisharp. Not too silly, Skarmory's a great wall... thing is, he then tried to use Defog. I hadn't switched out.

Donphan is pretty hilarious but have you ever heard of forretress in 6th gen OU? Now that's real humor.
Forry isn't that silly. Volt Switch, Rapid Spin, and all Hazards on a single mon is great for Volt-Turn or anyone who only has one teamslot left and needs hazards. I use forry regularly- he's far from perfect but he does what he needs to.

Last edited:
A guy uses gligar because he claims that its defenses are higher. Then he eqs on a charizard y. his excuse is... gligar might have hp rock and you should have switched.

Then he crits me 3 times, i miss my hydro pump, and he wins.
This game is hilarious.

What's so awful about physical Greninja?
Nothing really. It's not as good as special but it's certainly usable. The silly part is the scarf- why would you scarf something with 124 Speed that needs to be able to switch moves to be truly effective? It's Greninja's great coverage combined with Protean that makes it dangerous.

A guy uses gligar because he claims that its defenses are higher. Then he eqs on a charizard y. his excuse is... gligar might have hp rock and you should have switched.

Then he crits me 3 times, i miss my hydro pump, and he wins.
This game is hilarious.
It has more bulk.
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 374-442 (105.6 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 286-343 (85.6 - 102.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Prepare your Anus
252+ SpA Choice Specs Gligar Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 180-216 (60.4 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thundurus-I used Substitute
Gengar used Drain Punch
Later
Thundurus-I used Substitute
Machamp used Fire Blast

Attack and Special Attack are the same, right guys?

Couldn't a Banded set spam Protean U-Turn? It won't replace Genesect any time soon, but it's the closest I can think of in terms of speed+power.
that's an intriguing idea, I hadn't considered that. scarf Lando-T might give it competition though, lando lacks stab but would make up for it with it's 145 attack.

Lucario switches in on my Tyranitar. I know it's probably Mega and as such I shouldn't let it set up, but I need T-tar for later in the game, so I switch in MixMence. I'm aware Mence is like a C on the viability ranking, but it can lure and heavily damage the counters to my win condition and provide intimidate support, so it's a good fit for my team. Then the Luke Mega Evolves and Nasty Plots. I groan, since Mence can't take anything if it's at +2, and the rest of my team is going to be hard pressed to stop it. I don't mind losing Mence since it is helpful, but not critical to my team. I select Earthquake. Then I see "The Foe's Mega Lucario used Water Pulse! It's not very effective... Salamence used Earthquake! It's super effective! The Foe's Mega Lucario fainted!" 4/6 members of my team resist water, and the other two are terrified of fighting STAB, so it's not even like there was a switch in that would make sense to hit...

Wouldn't say 100% silly but it was seemingly effective.

Came across an Azumarill which was as bulky as anything. It used Whirlpool to trap the pokemon, then used perish song and took a hit. It then used dive to avoid an attack and then switch out by the third turn.
I was quite fortunate that 2 of the 3 Pokemon he tried it on had U-turn or Volt Switch to escape but one didn't :(

A Wobbuffet with tickle, I don't think I've ever encountered that move before that ever, not even in game.
Wobbs uses encore to lock the (ideally physically attacking) opponent into a non-damaging move like SR, then tickle 6 times to get the opponent to -6 attack and -6 defense. Then switch to a pursuit user and profit.

Also, physical greninja of all kinds is dumb as fuck and not even gimmicky, it's straight up unviable.
Waterfall, Night Slash, PuP, U-Turn, and Water Shuriken (to not get gimped by Talonflame, assuming it has some prior damage) are all potential physical moves for him. His attack base stat IS only 8 less than his special attack. Ofc the special is probably all around better just because it gets ice, grass, and (HP) fire moves if it wants them, but I don't think it's 100% UNviable.

Wobbs uses encore to lock the (ideally physically attacking) opponent into a non-damaging move like SR, then tickle 6 times to get the opponent to -6 attack and -6 defense. Then switch to a pursuit user and profit.

Waterfall, Night Slash, PuP, U-Turn, and Water Shuriken (to not get gimped by Talonflame, assuming it has some prior damage) are all potential physical moves for him. His attack base stat IS only 8 less than his special attack. Ofc the special is probably all around better just because it gets ice, grass, and (HP) fire moves if it wants them, but I don't think it's 100% UNviable.
I think if I saw PuP Greninja, it would be worth putting up on this thread. Greninja is pretty frail, so it's going to have a terrible time trying to set up a boost except on a Donphan or something that's just lived a hit thanks to sturdy. Water Shuriken also isn't going to help in the least against Talonflame unless it switches in after you've got a flying resistance courtesy of Protean.

People have mentioned a Choice Band set, which I considered when Greninja was new. Ultimately I gave up on it since the only passable coverage moves it learns are U-Turn and Rock Slide. I actually considered putting spikes on the set just in case it ends up with nothing better to do late game when spinners/defoggers might be out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)