Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

TPP

is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
How much speed should I be running on banded Melmetal? I feel like Bold Clefable is the most notable benchmark but maybe I'm forgetting something
This thread is your best friend when it comes to speed and EV's: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/crown-tundra-speed-tiers.3672175/

One thing it does not include however, is speed tiers for paralyzed pokemon. For example, a paralyzed max speed garchomp hits 166 speed, which means that a 252 speed Melmetal, which hits 167 speed, would outspeed it. If your team uses paralysis, then you could adjust your spreads to take advantage of that. Otherwise, I would say you could probably aim to outspeed one or more of the following:

- Tyranitar (158)
- Clefable (156)
- Celesteela (142)
- Swampert (140)
- Hippowdon (130)
- Tangrowth (122)
Is there a 'rate my team thread' or something like that? I want to get into team building and would really appreciate some advice on my team.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ss-ou-teams.545/

I'm trying to learn to be good at not just playing HO. In this effort, I really want to integrate wish and heal bell on a team with some real offensive presence. Should I stuff both moves onto Clef or am I better served splitting them up?

I've been fooling around with Sun a bit, and while I've been using Cresselia as a second Sun setter and Lunar Dance supporter...it's Cresselia.

What are some other Sun supports y'all like to use?

Question about the rmt sections. According to the rules, you can only post one team per two weeks. Does this apply to all sections (past gens and ss) teams at the same time? Like for example, if I post an rmt in the ss teams, do I have to wait for two weeks before I can post in the past gen teams or is the two week limit only specific to each generation?

Question about the rmt sections. According to the rules, you can only post one team per two weeks. Does this apply to all sections (past gens and ss) teams at the same time? Like for example, if I post an rmt in the ss teams, do I have to wait for two weeks before I can post in the past gen teams or is the two week limit only specific to each generation?
While this is more a question more suited for the RMT thread, it applies forum-wide. You can post an SS-OU team and you'd have to wait 2 weeks before posting a lower-tier or past gens team in order for it to not get locked (if you follow the other rules anyways, which you can find here).

Katy

See everyone with your own eyes!
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributor
I've been fooling around with Sun a bit, and while I've been using Cresselia as a second Sun setter and Lunar Dance supporter...it's Cresselia.

What are some other Sun supports y'all like to use?
Hi,

sadly there arent much sun-setters to begin with, there is Torkoal which worked pretty good pre-DLC2 alongside Venusaur, Charizard, Hatterene, and Blissey, occosionally Cinderace, when it was allowed in OU. Volcarona where also an option on sun oriented teams.

There is also Ninetales, but Ninetales lacks the utility and defensive presence Torkoal gives to teams. Ninetales has the one advantage, that it is more offensive than Torkoal is with a Nasty Plot + 3 Attacks-Set, or a Nasty plot + 2 Attacks + Toxic / Will-O-Wisp-Set.

Cresselia as a secondary Sun-Setter with Sunny Day could be considered, it is by any means not the worst option. If you want a secondary automatic Sun-Setter you could consider Ninetales alongside Torkoal, as it gives you an offensive Auto-Sun-Setter.

But once again, Ninetales lacks the utility, defensive power, and it needs a Nasty Plot-boost to work solid, and currently a lot of Pokemon will give Ninetales a lot of trouble, as there many faster threats and a lot of priority like Extreme Speed-Zygarde.

Zneon

Freedom
is a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributor
I'm trying to learn to be good at not just playing HO. In this effort, I really want to integrate wish and heal bell on a team with some real offensive presence. Should I stuff both moves onto Clef or am I better served splitting them up?
Clefable cannot really fit both moves on the same slot at all unfortunately unless its stall. Reason being that with Knock Off and Thunder Wave as support moves, Clefable becomes less passive because they significantly limit the Pokemon that can switch into it without losing speed or even worse, an item. With Wish + Heal Bell on the same set, it becomes more of a momentum suck if anything because it easily lets in offensive pressure from stuff like Melmetal and Landorus-I incredibly easily. Going one of the two moves is your best option in my opinion.

I always wonder why Future Sight is a viable move since two or three generation lately, why is that?
Two factors contribute to this I would say. The first is the series of buffs Future Sight received over the generations. As of Gen 6 and onward it has 120 BP and 100 Acc, but before then it had much lower power and even less than perfect accuracy (see Bulbapedia entry for more info). The second would be that the Teleport changes allow for certain Future Sight users to set up the attack and safely pivot out with negative priority, a HUGE advantage over simply switching out and something that they could not do in previous generations (think Slowbro and Slowking).

There could be more to it than that but those are the two main things that I think of.

Katy

I am running a Nasty Plot Spectrier and CB Gapdos core, anyone have any good ideas for teammates?
Galar-Zapdos is a great teammate already to Spectrier as it can pressure Normal-types such as Chansey and Blissey, furthermore Galar-Zapdos can pressure Tyranitar and Urshifu, which are huge threats to Spectrier.
Spectrier in return can chip a lot of Pokemon, which Galar-Zapdos struggles with such as Toxapex with a strong Specs-boosted Hex after Toxapex got crippled via a Burn.

However both struggle with opposing Ghost-types as none of them can come into these reliably so Teammates like Porygon2 can help here since it can bring both of them in safely to pressure opposing Ghost-types. Also Clefable makes up for a great partner, as it can help with opposing Dark-types like Urshifu, and also the fastest Dragon-type in Dragapult can be checked by Clefable.

Heatran and Magearna make up for great partners as they support Galar-Zapdos with being a sturdy Fairy-resist. heatran can set-up Stealth Rcoks and Magearna can bring in Galar-Zapdos and also Spectrier in with a Choice Specs-Set with Volt Switch.

Toxapex can also support both Galar-Zapdos and Spectrier with Knocking Off annoying Items from opposing Pokemon and it helöps with being a sturdy Fire-resist and gives also a sturdy Water-resist. And it can fullfill its role with it perfectly as it has regenerator + Recover means, it can do that in the long term. Furthermore it has Haze, which can be used to remove opposing Stat-boosts.

In overall mons which can pivot make up for great teampartners for Galar-Zapdos and Spectrier alike, as they appreciate the support given by them and they also appreciate sturdy Ghost-, and Fairy-resists.

Hope this helped.

Katy

On the showdown program, can you check how much elo you currently have without doing a battle? If yes, then how?
If you click on your name on the top right there you can check out your elo, gxe, and so on, furthermore when you type in /rank (not bolded on PS) in any room of PS you can find out your ranking which includes elo, gxe, and win/loss ratio, moreover you can reset your win/loss ratio there.

But I think Pokemon Showdown related Questions do belong here, as this SQSA-thread is reserved for OU related questions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...re-read-original-post-before-posting.3520646/

Hope this information helped :)

If you click on your name on the top right there you can check out your elo, gxe, and so on, furthermore when you type in /rank (not bolded on PS) in any room of PS you can find out your ranking which includes elo, gxe, and win/loss ratio, moreover you can reset your win/loss ratio there.

But I think Pokemon Showdown related Questions do belong here, as this SQSA-thread is reserved for OU related questions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...re-read-original-post-before-posting.3520646/

Hope this information helped :)

123441560_3546362338719279_5991006302893583915_n.jpg

Uh where exactly on the first method? That's the only thing that shows up when I click my name. The second one did work though

Running Zygarde under screens. What set should I use?
I figure Sub/DD/Arrows/Glare is the best set? What EVs? Open to changing moveset as well
edit: also, other good mons under screens?

Last edited:

Katy

Running Zygarde under screens. What set should I use?
I figure Sub/DD/Arrows/Glare is the best set? What EVs? Open to changing moveset as well
edit: also, other good mons under screens?
Zygarde can be 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe as its EV spread.
Another great move which could be used is Extreme Speed, as it enables you to revengekill Pokemon from the get go. Coil is also an option alongside Dragon Dance, Thousand Arrows and Extreme Speed. Zygarde itself is a Pokemon with a lot of variety, when it comes to its Sets especially under Screens.
Items could be Soft Sand, Figy Berry, or Leftovers. You can try all these different options and fit them to your liking pretty much.

To the Teampartners for it:
:Kyurem-Black: makes up for a great choice, since with Dragon Dance, Icicle Spear, Fusion Bolt, and Substitute it can handle Pokemon, which Zygarde struggles with, like Tangrowth, Landorus-Therian, Rillaboom, and Tapu Bulu.
:Volcarona: makes up for another great partner, since it is very threatening with a Quiver Dance-Set. Fiery Dance adds a superb move to that Set, as it can boost your Spatt.
:Urshifu: (Single-Strike) with a Bulk Up + 3 Attacks-Set is also another great Pokemon which likes the support via Screens.
:Magearna: can run many different offensive Move-Sets making it an excellent choice on Hyper Offense-Teams; Sets can be Calm Mind + Shift Gear + 2 Attacks, Shift Gear + 3 Attacks, even Iron Defense + Calm Mind with Draining Kiss and Stored Power can be great.
:Landorus-Therian: is a great Suicide Lead on Screen-Teams with Stealth Rocks + Earthquake + Explosion + Swords Dance / Rock Tomb.
:Cinderace: with Bulk Up and 3 Attacks adds another great option, with Pyro Ball, Gunk Shot and High Jump Kick / Zen Headbutt.
:Suicune: with a Calm Mind + Scald + Protect + Substitute-Set might not be as common, but can still work effectively under Screens.
:Celesteela: with an Autotomize + Weakness Policy-Set can function well with the support given by the Dual-Screens. Its Set could be Flash Cannon, Flamethower, and a Filler-Move, perhaps Earthquake to hit Heatran for super effective damage.
:moltres-galar: also makes up for a great Partner with a Substitute + Nasty Plot-Set and the Dual-Stabs in Fiery Wrath and Hurricane.

Hope this helped :)

Last edited:

Ausma

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-doin your mom
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
i love sub dd dragapult, but i can't build a team around it. Any pokemon that would go well with it?
Sub DD Pult has a really hard time in this metagame because of how fast and offensive everything is, and with the return of Magearna/Melmetal, it's troubled even more. As a result, it really lacks a lot of reliable setup opportunities. As with the previous metagames though, it really capitalizes well on passive targets and teammates able to open holes for it to clean.

To find success with it, you'll want the aid of some good revenge killers and wallbreakers. For example, Melmetal is really good at forcing switches into Pokemon like Toxapex, Hippowdon, Corviknight and Zapdos, while also laying out a ton of pressure against Pokemon like Magearna and Clefable that do well checking Sub DD Pult; in fact, it pierces a lot of holes in teams in general with its Banded set, which has had a lot of success in the metagame so far. Pheromosa is cool as a revenge killer, and with LO/Band, it can pressure a lot of Steel-types that DD Pult really hates, such as Melmetal and Magearna, while providing an extra outlet for speed control and U-turn momentum for Dragapult on Corviknight/Zapdos switch-ins.

Dragapult also loves the support of hazard setters. I've liked Swampert as a Stealth Rock setter, and the advent of Flip Turn lets it gain momentum on switch-ins like Corviknight, Zygarde, and stray Tangrowth. Toxic is also super helpful for wearing down bulkier switch-ins that Dragapult likes having chipped down like the aforementioned Zygarde and Tangrowth, and STAB Earthquake stings Steel-types such as Melmetal and Magearna that Dragapult doesn't like dealing with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)