Finals Smogon Premier League XI - Finals [Won by the Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Grats to the Ruiners, especially Empo who has had a ridiculously impressive run over the last month or so. I hope people remember this stretch in the future when consuming their koolaid.

Very good run to Classiest. It's an unfortunate way to go out, but you guys had a really good team and a lot of deserving players.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The Classiest might be out, but I sure as heck enjoyed the ride getting there. My background in team tournaments is NPA, VGC's equivalent of SPL, and while it carries a lot of similarities to what I was used to, a lot of key differences helped separate SPL as a fun tournament to participate in. While I never got to play any games that mattered, I still felt a real sense of belonging on the team, whether it was participating in the group game discussions during intense matches or seeing my avatar get spammed when we celebrated a win, and I can't thank FMG and d0nut for sticking it out with me through the process. I wish I could have contributed more, but I'm glad to have contributed at all - thanks for the wonderful experience of a 2nd place SPL.

stax - you were absolutely phenomenal this tournament, as usual. I always felt you were one step ahead of the metagame in what you brought each week, which really aided your solid play throughout the regular season and playoffs. I don't think anyone should be fooled when looking at stax's record and saying I contributed substantially to it; this was almost entirely stax's tournament, and he deserves the credit for his really excellent 8-2 season. I'm super proud of how well you played, and I'm glad I was able to share in the high moments of winning with you throughout the last couple of months.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Congratulations on the "2peat", Ruiners! Very impressive display overall; it was especially nice to see some (previously) lower valued players like Gondra and Caetano93 burst onto the scene and put up some great records.

The Classiest were impressive as well but fell just slightly short. They clearly have very talented players though so I'm sure they'll bounce back from this and achieve their own victories in the near future.

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
What an awesome finals, congratulations Ruiners!

A little disappointed by the way it ends, but congratulations to the classiest too! Luck wasn't on your side for this time.

Was a real pleasure for me to see my friends BIHI , Emeral , Vay , Excal ,Adri and Teclis playing during this SPL, keep it up boys, you're such good guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)