Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@Everyone

I forgot, I need you all to tell me WHEN I am to obtain the Pokemon you're submitting! Remember, I can technically trade over an egg of any species at any time, so you need to let me know whether you want me to have it, or if you want me to catch it naturally should it occur in Black. I ESPECIALLY need to know if I can't get it in Black.

@luigiowns I did say I wasn't going to breed egg moves onto them, so he'll have to make do without. He should be ok though still :P.

@Endquote accepted, no need for changes. Looks like I'm soloing Striation Gym with an Assist happy Purloin :P to make it possible, I'm going to allow myself to catch Pokemon and put them in my party (but not battle with them) so Assist actually has something to pull.

@Jimera: Since Damaged needs to solo Lenora to evolve, you need to get him/her ASAP, like as soon as you can use the C-Gear soon. O_O I suggest Protect on your moveset.~

@Jimera: Okay you don't have to use it. Let me edit my post to add location of Ducklett also.
@Endquote: Thanks for informing me!

Jimera, you get Random the Munchlax!!

The story begins 10000 years ago. There was a young Munchlax named Random. he lived with many Clefairy in a small wooded area. Eventually, the Clefairy began to see Random as being too different from them and they made fun of him every day.

Random got sick of it and wanted to show the Clefairy up. He decided to learn the forbidden and secret technique known as Metronome!!

Random couldn't read though and had to learn how to use the move by looking at the pictures in the book.

When Random believed that he had masted the move, he called over all the Clefairy that he knew and began to demonstrate.

He waved his glowing fingers back and forth, but nothing happened. The Clefairy snorted and began to get up and walk away.

Then, Random felt a sharp pain come from deep within his body. This pain greww worse with each passing second. Random fell to his hands and knees and began to cough up blood!!

The other Clefairy were shocked and came running in by the hundreds in order to help. The pain in Random suddenly tripled and there was a blinding dlash of light and Random knew no more.......

When Random woke up, he was shocked to sickness. He began throwing up at the sheer horror of what he was seeing.

Random was sitting at the epicenter of a huge blast and there were mangles bodies of Clefairy everywhere. Blood soaked through almost every inch of the surrounding area. There was a cracking noise and a Clefairy, impaled by a tree limb, fell besides him.

To make matters worse, hundreds of Shedinja and Murkrow fell upon the corpses of the Clefairy and began to feed.....

Random suddenly felt an odd sensation along hs back. He turned around slowly and, to his horror, a Gastly was licking his body clean of all the blood and gore!!!

Random got up and ran.................and ran..................and ran...............and ran.

He ran until his feet bled. He ran until his vision blurred. He ran faster and farther than any Munchlax had ever ran, before or since.

He eventually collasped and rolled down a hill into a river. He began to float down the river facedown.

As the Munchlax began to drown, he prayed to Arcesus for forgiveness. he recieved no answer......

An Ancient Darkrai lifted the dying Munchlax from the water and said, "You are guilty of the sin of killing your fellow pokemon, not for food or pride, but for your foolishness!! I sentence you 10000 years of being an egg again. By then, your crimes will have been erased!!!"

The Darkrai then changed Random into an egg and placed that egg into a tree. Ten thousand years would pass and that tree could be seen growing in the Dream Yard.

A young trainer, just beginning his journey in Unova would find that egg and hatch it.....

Rules reguarding the story:

1). Trade egg over once you are allowed to trade.
2). Once Metronome is learned, the first 30 moves that are pulled will be what you can choose from to be placed in Random's moveset. Repeats are ignored. If Munchlax/Snorlax cannot learn any of those moves, well, tough luck.
3). Must solo one of the last four gym leaders in oder to evolve. One of the Gym leader's pokemon must be soloed using only Metronome.
4). Solo Cheren and Bianca once after the 4th gym. One of their pokemon must be soloed Via metronome.
5). Solo one E4 member the first time and a different one the second time.
6). Choose one of Geetsis/Alder's pokemon to solo with Metronome.

7). If you have any questions or comments, I'll ba glad to help :P

Edit: I forgot the two most important rules of the Random Challenge >.> I was too into writing my story <,<

8). Max out Metronome's PP ASAP.
9). Use Metronome first in any battle unless it is out of PP.

@KS: Shit, and I thought my backstories were kinda dark. O_O Pokémon eating Pokémon is evident now! O_O I'm assuming that the Munchlax used Explosion via Metronome, right?

I have something similar to that happening in my story, except Random the Togepi uses Selfdestruct in Union Cave. It's to be seen whether or not RJ will go back into the cave, although being so close to the attack surely isn't good, right? Along with the fact that they were in a frigging cave. o_o Hell, such a powerful attack would completely collapse said cave, and mangle anyone that gets caught in it.

The story begins 10000 years ago. There was a young Munchlax named Random. he lived with many Clefairy in a small wooded area. Eventually, the Clefairy began to see Random as being too different from them and they made fun of him every day.

Random got sick of it and wanted to show the Clefairy up. He decided to learn the forbidden and secret technique known as Metronome!!

Random couldn't read though and had to learn how to use the move by looking at the pictures in the book.

When Random believed that he had masted the move, he called over all the Clefairy that he knew and began to demonstrate.

He waved his glowing fingers back and forth, but nothing happened. The Clefairy snorted and began to get up and walk away.

Then, Random felt a sharp pain come from deep within his body. This pain greww worse with each passing second. Random fell to his hands and knees and began to cough up blood!!

The other Clefairy were shocked and came running in by the hundreds in order to help. The pain in Random suddenly tripled and there was a blinding dlash of light and Random knew no more.......

When Random woke up, he was shocked to sickness. He began throwing up at the sheer horror of what he was seeing.

Random was sitting at the epicenter of a huge blast and there were mangles bodies of Clefairy everywhere. Blood soaked through almost every inch of the surrounding area. There was a cracking noise and a Clefairy, impaled by a tree limb, fell besides him.

To make matters worse, hundreds of Shedinja and Murkrow fell upon the corpses of the Clefairy and began to feed.....

Random suddenly felt an odd sensation along hs back. He turned around slowly and, to his horror, a Gastly was licking his body clean of all the blood and gore!!!

Random got up and ran.................and ran..................and ran...............and ran.

He ran until his feet bled. He ran until his vision blurred. He ran faster and farther than any Munchlax had ever ran, before or since.

He eventually collasped and rolled down a hill into a river. He began to float down the river facedown.

As the Munchlax began to drown, he prayed to Arcesus for forgiveness. he recieved no answer......

An Ancient Darkrai lifted the dying Munchlax from the water and said, "You are guilty of the sin of killing your fellow pokemon, not for food or pride, but for your foolishness!! I sentence you 10000 years of being an egg again. By then, your crimes will have been erased!!!"

The Darkrai then changed Random into an egg and placed that egg into a tree. Ten thousand years would pass and that tree could be seen growing in the Dream Yard.

A young trainer, just beginning his journey in Unova would find that egg and hatch it.....

2). Once Metronome is learned, the first 15 moves that are pulled will be what you can choose from to be placed in Random's moveset. Repeats are ignored. If Munchlax/Snorlax cannot learn any of those moves, well, tough luck.
3). Must solo one of the last four gym leaders in oder to evolve. One of the Gym leader's pokemon must be soloed using only Metronome.
4). Solo Cheren and Bianca once after the 4th gym. One of their pokemon must be soloed Via metronome.

Alright, seems pretty awesome, except that I want to increase the number of opportunities I get to pull out his moveset. Why? because there are over 500 moves in the game but Snorlax has only 50 or so available to it. It'll be pretty much impossible to go through the game with ONLY metronome, thanks to the lack of Leppa berries in Black. As such, I humbly request that you somehow increase the number of tries I get to assemble his moveset.

Also, that story is just horrific D: poor Random!

EDIT: Also I still need one more Pokemon people! Then I can start. Information on giving me one here.

I'm surprised why that Munchlax doesn't have PTSD or something, seeing such a traumatic event, and knowing that it was all his/her doing. ._. Also, thinking about creepy souless husks and birds munching on dead fairy bodies makes my skin crawl. D:

@Jimera: Upped it to 30

@Stall: He is cursed by it. That is why there are the restrictions.

@Everyone else: Like my story? I had to tone it down before I posted it!!

@KS: Oh god, if you had to tone that down, I don't wanna know how bad it was before. D: At least there was no cannibalism or anything lol. ._. Can understand why that Munchlax would be quite messed up. ._.

I originally had it where he was being attacked by a Haxorus and Rhydon. He sliced the Haxorus in half with an Aeroblast (Very detailed, I might add) and transformed the Rhydon into glass with Sacred Fire. He then shattered the Glass Rhydon and the blood and gore held inside was spilled everwhere.

I changed it to drowning when I realized what I typed up.

Don't read Stephen King while writing >.>

O_O I have no words for how horrifyingly graphic that is. Pokémon is sooooo much less innocent now. Flamethrowers and Thunderbolts are so much more dangerous then the anime makes them out to be. ._.

@Jimera0

What about Macho the Carvanha?
His name stems from his prominence both as a physical force and a relentless attacker. Since he is so macho and strong, he may only learn attacking moves! But due to his full-out effort put into every attack, he may only use each attack once, and must switch out to rest. Once switched out, you may switch him back in after at least three turns and you are free to continue his use (This only applies after gaining four attacking moves ASAP). Before Macho gains four attacking moves, he is lacking his full power, and as such can use moves as much as he wishes, and is not forced to switch due to fatigue. With his power comes a great ego and hatred of his rivals. As such, he wants to solo dark and water types, but only if they are equal or higher to his level. If he is denied the KO on a rivaling pokemon, his rage is unleashed, and he demands to KO a pokemon from the next available trainer. (Stacking, equaling the # of rivaling pokes he did not KO)

Full Restrictions:
1) Gain at any time.
2) Four attacking moves (any work, but gained ASAP)
3) Per switch-in, may only use each move once, and then must be switched out. (Applies only after learning the fourth move)
4) Waiting period before switching back in. # of turns to wait equal to # of four moves used up to a max of four
5) Soloing of water and dark types that are of equal or higher level
6) If Macho misses out on a water/dark KO, must KO a pokemon from next available trainer. (stacks)
7) Before four moves, unlimited use and no waiting period.

Let me know if too easy/hard, can easily tweak

My Scramble has become a one-Pokémon run, at least up to Winona. Oh, sure, I have other good Pokémon, such as Swellow, Hariyama and Seviper. And the challenges on these three aren't too difficult either.

HOWEVER

Combusken has now got to solo Flannery and either Winona or Wallace, because of restrictions elsewhere. This means facing either Flying or Water. So Combusken is going to have to be a ludicrously high level to win, so only three trainers from my current stage (Lavaridge Gym) won't be beaten with Combusken, and they will all be in Norman's gym to evolve Trapinch. This is going to be tough, but I WILL do it.

@Jimera0

What about Macho the Carvanha?
His name stems from his prominence both as a physical force and a relentless attacker. Since he is so macho and strong, he may only learn attacking moves! But due to his full-out effort put into every attack, he may only use each attack once, and must switch out to rest. Once switched out, you may switch him back in after at least three turns and you are free to continue his use (This only applies after gaining four attacking moves ASAP). With his power comes a great ego and hatred of his rivals. As such, he wants to solo dark and water types, but only if they are equal or higher to his level.

Full Restrictions:
1) Gain at any time.
2) Four attacking moves (any work, but gained ASAP)
3) Per switch-in, may only use each move once, and then must be switched out. (Applies only after learning the fourth move)
4) Three turn waiting period before switch-in
5) Soloing of water and dark types that are of equal or higher level

Let me know if too easy/hard, can easily tweak
Alright the challenge looks fine, but I have to ask you if you follow my Scramble updates or not? Because as I stated in the OP, I'd like the people who give me Pokemon in this Scramble to be ones that actually follow it. I do these updates for the people who read them, and it feels like I'm cheating my fans out of their enjoyment if I accept Pokemon from someone who pops in the thread to give out a Pokemon then never comes back.

Asside from that, I do have a couple questions. So, before he gets 4 attacking moves he functions like any other Pokemon, except for the water/dark soloing and no status moves? Also, does he have to use each move once when he comes in, or can I switch him out after using 1 or two moves? What if a Dark/Water Pokemon shows up when he's in his cooldown time, or if he fails to take it out in 4 hits?

Answer all my questions and we shall see.

Alright the challenge looks fine, but I have to ask you if you follow my Scramble updates or not? Because as I stated in the OP, I'd like the people who give me Pokemon in this Scramble to be ones that actually follow it. I do these updates for the people who read them, and it feels like I'm cheating my fans out of their enjoyment if I accept Pokemon from someone who pops in the thread to give out a Pokemon then never comes back.

Asside from that, I do have a couple questions. So, before he gets 4 attacking moves he functions like any other Pokemon, except for the water/dark soloing and no status moves? Also, does he have to use each move once when he comes in, or can I switch him out after using 1 or two moves? What if a Dark/Water Pokemon shows up when he's in his cooldown time, or if he fails to take it out in 4 hits?

Answer all my questions and we shall see.
Actually I do follow. I've read all of your challenges, and frankly they're incredibly interesting because I love your writing style!

Anywho:
Before those four moves, yes he functions like any other pokemon. The once each does not yet apply because he has yet to reach his full power

No he does not have to use each move, and i'm going to change it so that he has to sit out a turn equal to the number of moves he used, (one turn for one move, two for two, three for three, to a max of four for four)

If a water or dark pokemon comes out while he's resting and faints, his rage builds so that he must KO a pokemon from the next available trainer (if possible) to calm his fury. (stacking on the amount of water/dark pokemon he misses out on.)

If he fails in those four moves, and the water/dark faints by the next team member, then his rage builds, and the above applies.

Going to edit original post! This good for you?

Actually I do follow. I've read all of your challenges, and frankly they're incredibly interesting because I love your writing style!

Anywho:
Before those four moves, yes he functions like any other pokemon. The once each does not yet apply because he has yet to reach his full power

No he does not have to use each move, and i'm going to change it so that he has to sit out a turn equal to the number of moves he used, (one turn for one move, two for two, three for three, to a max of four for four)

If a water or dark pokemon comes out while he's resting and faints, his rage builds so that he must KO a pokemon from the next available trainer (if possible) to calm his fury. (stacking on the amount of water/dark pokemon he misses out on.)

If he fails in those four moves, and the water/dark faints by the next team member, then his rage builds, and the above applies.

Going to edit original post! This good for you?
That's great, thanks! I didn't realize I had readers who were lurkers honestly XD I guess I shouldn't underestimate myself. Yes, it's all good for me! Alright, with that I can start in on the challange, though not tonight because I'm tired as heck from being sick. Thanks for all the challenges everybody, this is certainly going to be an interesting run!

That's great, thanks! I didn't realize I had readers who were lurkers honestly XD I guess I shouldn't underestimate myself. Yes, it's all good for me! Alright, with that I can start in on the challange, though not tonight because I'm tired as heck from being sick. Thanks for all the challenges everybody, this is certainly going to be an interesting run!
Looking forward to it!

I feel like I should become more involved in this thread again, so I'll be putting out a Heart Gold scramble challange out there. Moderate difficulty, and I would like to request that I receive fun challanges :D

2). Once Metronome is learned, the first 30 moves that are pulled will be what you can choose from to be placed in Random's moveset. Repeats are ignored. If Munchlax/Snorlax cannot learn any of those moves, well, tough luck.

Edit: I forgot the two most important rules of the Random Challenge >.> I was too into writing my story <,<

8). Max out Metronome's PP ASAP.
9). Use Metronome first in any battle unless it is out of PP.
I like this. When I finish my scramble, I'm planning on doing an Emerald Nuzlocke. I've never played Emerald, so it should be...interesting. It'll make for some very dark writing as well.

@KS: Shit, and I thought my backstories were kinda dark. O_O Pokémon eating Pokémon is evident now! O_O I'm assuming that the Munchlax used Explosion via Metronome, right?
I hate Metronome so much right now. It's now gone from Multi's moveset in favor of Meteor Mash, but before that, it pulled explosion in Sabrina's gym. Against a ghost type.

rageface.gif

Jimera0 said:
I lurked here for a loooooooong time before I registered. Lurkers are everywhere, even where you least expect them.

Reserving a starter for TalkingLion. Can you define a 'fun' challenge? i.e. interesting but not difficult solos, or interesting backstory?

@TalkingLion, take Speed the Sentret.
One thing that trainers seem to forget is that there are not Pokecenters in the wild. If a Pokemon faints out there, it's gone forever. Speed had to learn this the hard way. He was relaxing in a tree that him and his parents called home. He heard a strange noise in the distance. He saw both of his parents running towards him, he didn't know why. Then he saw it, an Electrode was following his parents. A flash of light blinded him. After he regained his sight, he could see were his parents on the forest floor. Maybe if they were a bit faster, they could have survived. From that day on, he vowed to make sure that his Speed wasn't his undoing.

-Speed loves its high Speed Stat, but it wants to be even better. So it must learn and keep 1 Priority move at all times.
-Solo both of Lt.Surge's Electrodes for revenge!
-To show off his Speed-Stat to the Champion, it must solo one of Lance's Dragonites both times you battle him.
-Also, solo Red's Pikachu to show off its Speed stat (assuming you go that far).
-Speed hates getting outsped, so if another Pokemon moves before him, he goes into Shame-Mode until the end of the battle.
-It may not battle the Pokemon that put into Shame-Mode (so switch out immediately). Ignore this part of Shame-Mode this when doing a solo.
-When Speed is in Shame-Mode, it may not use any priority attacks.
-It may not use any STAB moves when in Shame-Mode.

I hope you find this to your liking. Ask questions if needed.
Have fun!

@User18: Looking forward to your next update, I just finished reading the last one.

-snip-

@User18: Looking forward to your next update, I just finished reading the last one.
Yeah, I've just arrived on Cinnabar island now. I haven't had much time to sit down and write, but hopefully I'll have time over the weekend. If I get a good chunk of time to sit down and write, I should have an update done soon, and one that tones down Red's heroism a bit.

Yeah, I've just arrived on Cinnabar island now. I haven't had much time to sit down and write, but hopefully I'll have time over the weekend. If I get a good chunk of time to sit down and write, I should have an update done soon, and one that tones down Red's heroism a bit.
Honestly, I didn't mind Red's heroism. Also, it's tough not to incorporate it in the story. Seeing as the game's main character is pretty much a Superhero. It's hard to ignore that a young child: stopped Team Rocket, conquered all 8-gyms, defeated the Elite 4, and became the Champion of Kanto. And all of that was done in a few days.

@StallMandibuzz: Yes you all have different writing styles, and they are all very interesting to read and follow. I plan on doing more cinematic/lengthy updates for my next Scramble (whenever that may be), similar to all of your updates. I would have done it for my Platinum Scramble, but I opted for short pseudo-bullet-point updates because I've been busy with school stuff lately.

I still need Pokémon for my Black Scramblocke. D: I lost track of who I even got. >_> And I like User's updates, and everyone's got their own styles of writing. If you compared me, Jimera, Skarm, Tetrinity, and User, you'd find five very different writing styles. And reserving a Scramblémon for Lion.~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)