Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Okay, since my original Black Scramble has been sacked in lieu of a Black Scramblocke, I am reposting my rules. I am requesting twelve Pokémon from across Unova until hitting the E4.

-Will not trade (unless it's to evolve a Pokemon)
-I'd like to see personality in the challanges for the Pokemon (ex, X fears bugs and cannot face bug type Pokemon, est.)
-Pokemon number one must be one of the starters, I don't care which one it is though
-No Legendaries
-No Profane or racist nicknames
-No impossible challenges (i.e: Solo Lance with a Magikarp, or beat Clair with a Caterpie.)
-Going 'til Alder
-Killing all Legendaries (Volcarona included, forced to catch Reshiram)
-No I.Q. challanges. >_> (Already have Stupid the Shuckle to deal with, don't need another.)
-Can refuse requests

And the all-important Nuzlocke rules:

1. If a Pokémon faints, it has died, and can no longer be used. It must then be placed into a grave box.

2. I will be nicknaming my Pokémon, because they are my friends, and each loss will be devastatingly difficult to deal with.

3: Each of my Pokémon will be coming from different routes, to at least attempt to keep the Nuzlocke roots alive.

My Pokémon so far:

1: SirRobin the Pawniard

2: SQUICK! the Venipede

3. Doomsday the Pidove

[I also realized that finding good Pokémon is harder since Unova is isolated from everywhere else. :x ]
@StallMandibuzz: You can make it so SirRobin does not have to use Iron Defense before attacking. I figured that that was a bit cruel. He still must learn it though. I changed it the original post and just wanted to let you know.
Anyway, good luck!

@dudemaniscool alright, I have him soloing Grimsley both times then due to a sudden surge of stamina! That peters out after the battle leaving him unable to participate in any more battles afterwards until the elite 4 is done. Sound good?

@StallMandibuzz you forgot to credit me for SQUICK! on your list, just pointing it out since you credited Hwang meaning you probably just forgot.

@Jinza I'll probably give you something evenutally, but right now I'm kind of tired. I'm not even sure if I'm going to start my Black Scramble right away... damn, why did I have to get so sick this week?

Okay, now for something completely different. I'm going to be doing something I never did before. Actually, many things I never did before! I'm going to do a Platinum scramble focussed around Cuteness(yep, I never do that, I always focus my team on absolute beastly bruteness). The challenge will have several specific rules. They are as following:
-A medium challenge --> I will refuse anything I judge to be too hard.
-I will be using the following 4 pokemon, and no more then that!
Seel, Oddish, Magby, [undecided]
-I want nicknames, restrictions and a little bit of storyline for the 3 decided pokemons, and also for the undecided one, with the benefit of being able to decide which poke you give me.
-The whole team is focussed around cuteness
-I will not evolve my pokemons, keep that in mind when determining the difficulty of the challenge
-The undecided pokemon can not be grass/fire/water
-I will allow 3 people to make an undecided pokemon and pick the one I love most, consider this a challenge to make the awesomest cute poke for me and beat the rest of the scramblers :D! (but don't forget about Seel, Magby and Oddish!)
-All pokemons will be traded over from SoulSilver and Pearl, with migrations from Ruby and Leafgreen(hidden somewhere in my room, hopefully) before the first gym.

I hope I didn't limit your creativity too much, but I decided upun these 3 pokemons before I got back to this thread and realised how much I enjoyed my SS challenge(thanks guys<3).

(Edit: My DS just crashed AGAIN, this thing is dieing like crazy o.O)
I hate to do this, but quoting it so it's on the next page, just like Stall's post is here too already :P .

I just realised that the -locke part of the challenge makes Skyla ridiculously hard, would you prefer if I made it at least 1 and different benefits from doing 2 or 3? I could change it after I eat the dinner that I had hoped my mom finished 10 minutes ago xD.

PS: Seel, Magby and [undecided] are waiting for challenges!

DIAMOND UPDATE No. 2!

The Team:
Zach the Torterra, Lv. 34, Leech Seed, Earthquake, Bite, Mega Drain
Echo the Mr. Mime, Lv. 21, Copycat, Mimic, Confusion, DoubleSlap
Safe the Meditite, Lv. 33, Force Palm, Calm Mind, Confusion, Detect
Alex the Shellos, (still) Lv. 21, Hidden Power, Mud Bomb, Harden, Water Pulse

The Story:
After the second Gym, I set out on beating the rest of those goddamn Meditites. An extra twenty of them later in that patch of grass next to Eterna City, it's time to head off to Veilstone, which, might I add, took me forever to get to seeing as I couldn't exactly remember where the third Gym was.

Getting to Veilstone eventually meant training up Meditite more so it can safely solo Maylene's one. The "leader of the bullies" had no chance against Safe, but unfortunately, the Machoke got the better of me the first time, and Grotle (at the time) couldn't stand up to the Lucario. Meaning it faints at LEVEL 32. Missing the evolution AND learning Earthquake. I find a Heart Scale underground in the first or second wall I dig in to. Helpful, I know. But that's after I realise using Calm Mind would be highly beneficial, and so I take down Maylene completely with Meditite. Aww yeah. Three badges. Five to go.

After catching Mime Jr. almost immediately after I beat Maylene (at level 16), my main goal is to get Mimic ASAP, and I had no idea it evolved at level 18 when it learns Mimic. An extra Heart Scale found underground means I can teach it Confusion as well. Taking down one guy in Crasher Wake's gym proved to be quite easy with just Mimic and Copycat. I got Slam for Mimic from an Azurill, and took that down with Copycat (as it's normal type, Water Gun was quite useful). Then the Marill with Slam. That's out of the way, and when Torterra was fainted by Wake's Gyarados I thought I was fighting a lost battle, but luck turned my way once it used Swagger on Meditite. Throughout I thought I was going to hurt myself, but didn't a single time, and Force Palm took down Gyarados in two hits, Quagsire in one and Floatzel in one.

Still looking for five more goddamn grass Pokémon which are a higher level than Shellos (21). This is proving challanging because there are NO wild grass Pokémon higher than 20, and all the trainer owned just wipe out Shellos immediately. Maybe I need more potions or something.

That's the latest installment in the Scramble I've got the furthest through without getting bored. Feedback welcomed :)

I don't want any solos of gym leaders or the E4 unless it's planned for them to die during the battle, but I'd like for the majority of them to happen randomly, if at all.

StallMandibuzz, catch a Tympole and name him Tempo.
This Tympole loves music of all kinds, so he tries to keep the beat.
He can only use sound-based moves.

If he evolves to Palpitoad, he discovers his true passion is swimming, but he gets tired easily.
He can still only use sound-based moves, but can use a Water-type move if it has full PP.

If he evolves to Seismitoad, he becomes a much better swimmer, and never wants to leave the water.
He can only use Water-type moves.

Good luck!

So my HeartGold scramble currently has a Totodile, Sentret, and a Hoppip. King Serperior, Stall Mandibuzz, and Arceustar each have reservations for me, so once they give me some pokemon to work with, my challange will be able to begin!

StallMandibuzz, take a Litwick for your challenge.

This Litwick is actually the spirit of a Darumaka, which was killed in a tragic accident before it could evolve. It returned as a Litwick to deal with its unfinished business. As a Litwick, it may not use any Ghost or Psychic-type moves.

Upon evolving to Lampent, it believes it has evolved into Darmanitan. Teach it a physical move ASAP to take advantage of its best stat. Now its unfinished business is revealed. Solo 5 Trainers with 3 or more pokemon to evolve to Chandelure.

Once evolved to Chandelure, choose one Ghost-type move to learn and keep. This move must be used in every battle if it will have any effect, as your pokemon is no longer afraid to die. As a Chandelure, you must get the first KO in at least one E4 battle, if this pokemon is alive at that point.

If you want any changes made, let me know. I don't know how you intend to write this, so I purposely left it vague. Feel free to add in relevant topics for the 'unfinished business' to taste.

Reserving a Ferroseed for StallMandibuzz.

EDIT: Take Delicacy the Ferroseed.

This poor Ferroseed fell into Chargestone Cave by chance through a time machine from a time when durians are popular delicacies for Pokemon, and poor little Ferroseed knows that he looks like a durian, in fact, he was being chased by three Litwick, because the cook at the Poke-restaurant mistook him for a durian and served hhim to the Pokemon. As a result, he is mortally afraid of anything that might eat him for dinner, namely Fire-types. He must not fight any Fire-types. Indeed, for a while, he may never land the finishing blow on any Pokemon that does not have an STAB resisted by Ferroseed. However, that all changes upon soloing 5 Pokemon of each type that Ferroseed resists. Evolve him ASAP. Rename him Poisoned. Since no one wants to eat him anymore, he thinks that he's poisoned. He tries to blend in with Poison-types, but they fear him. The real reason he is not being eaten is because he no longer looks like a durian. Once he solos 10 Poison-types, he finds this out. Rename him Great Wall, and have him solo 15 Litwick. Now you have no more restrictions.

TalkingLion, take Rival the Pinsir.

This Pinsir absolutly hates Scyther and must solo all Scyther/Scizor unless another restriction prevents it.

Must know:
1). One HM.
2). One TM.
3). One Tutor Move.
4). One Level up move.

This is because it wants varity in life.

He also hate your rival and must solo all mons not being soloed by any of your other mons.

Good luck.

Well Skyshayde's reservation has expired, so that means I still have 3 slots left for my PMD Red challange. Rules are on page 150, I need a starter, a partner and a Magnemite.

Okay, now for something completely different. I'm going to be doing something I never did before. Actually, many things I never did before! I'm going to do a Platinum scramble focussed around Cuteness(yep, I never do that, I always focus my team on absolute beastly bruteness). The challenge will have several specific rules. They are as following:
-A medium challenge --> I will refuse anything I judge to be too hard.
-I will be using the following 4 pokemon, and no more then that!
Seel, Oddish, Magby, [undecided]
-I want nicknames, restrictions and a little bit of storyline for the 3 decided pokemons, and also for the undecided one, with the benefit of being able to decide which poke you give me.
-The whole team is focussed around cuteness
-I will not evolve my pokemons, keep that in mind when determining the difficulty of the challenge
-The undecided pokemon can not be grass/fire/water
-I will allow 3 people to make an undecided pokemon and pick the one I love most, consider this a challenge to make the awesomest cute poke for me and beat the rest of the scramblers :D! (but don't forget about Seel, Magby and Oddish!)
-All pokemons will be traded over from SoulSilver and Pearl, with migrations from Ruby and Leafgreen(hidden somewhere in my room, hopefully) before the first gym.

I hope I didn't limit your creativity too much, but I decided upun these 3 pokemons before I got back to this thread and realised how much I enjoyed my SS challenge(thanks guys<3).
*pssssst* Oddish(KingSerperior) and Magby(Arceusstar) have been reserved, but I need moar! Also a reminder that Serp and Arc need to edit their posts.

Wow, I'm getting some very interesting challanges here.

@User: Ooo, vague, mysterious death challange, eh? Very interesting. :D

AOPS: Accepted. I have no intentions of making Ferroseed/thorn fight any Fire types, so I'm keeping that restriction regardless. :3

@Arceustar: Since this is a Scramblocke, unless Mario is meant to die during any of the battles with N, I'm refusing the solos due to the fact that if it faints, it's dead. Also, the evolution restrictions locked with the N battles, I'm tossing those too.

@End: Hmm, never used a Tympole before, should be interesting. :3 Although Tympole really doesn't have a whole lot of Sound-based attacks to choose from. ._. But luckily, I don't need to solo anyone with it! :3

@Jinzha: Unless Cactus is meant to die from the solo with Skyla, can we not have that? It can participate, sure, but not solo.

@Wobba: So basically, to evolve into a Dewott, Jovi has to wipe all the Plasma grunts out of Pinwheel Forest. Then he can't use any SE moves 'til beating the performers near Driftveil and evolving again into Samurott. Hm, doesn't seem too bad.

@Nauris: So Elgyem connects with another Pokémon, who it believes is his/her son, and sacrifices health for it, tanking attacks, and etc.?

I'm also taking Biscuit and Tetrinity's challanges and reviewing them, tweaking them slightly to fit into a Scramblocke setting.

I now have twelve, depending on if I accept Arceustar's Mario, which is also in review. I apologize if anybody's Scramblemon has been sacked. :|

I changed it to solo one pokemon from Skyla, if that's still too hard, don't bother with that part, make it participate.I have to admit that I haven't played 5th gen in ages and I don't really know how hard Skyla is, or what poke's she has, I just know she's flying type xD .

She's got a Swoobat, Swanna, and an Unfezant. My best bet would be for the Swanna, but even then, that would still suck ass. O_O I think I bit off more then I can chew with this Scramblocke. >_> Well, if I make it, I'll know to never request one of these again. :D

EDIT: Lion, take Bombastus the Koffing. Now, this Koffing's always had a very short fuse, and it showed, due to the state of the Burned Tower. It was said that Bombastus was part of the cause for the Burned Tower setting on fire, along with the lightning strike. Anyways, Bombastus was always a sore loser, and while battling a few of his Koffing and Weezing friends, he was losing horribly, so he decided to use Selfdestruct. The resulting explosion took a good part of the Tower out, along with fatally wounding his friends. Shortly after that, you come along and capture him, and you notice something very odd about this Koffing. He isn't smiling! Still haunted with the fact that he killed his friends with Selfdestruct, whenever he gets to below half-health, he must use Selfdestruct, since he has a death wish for inadvertently causing the deaths of so many other Pokémon in the Tower. When going to Mahogany Town, he notices other Koffing and Weezing working for Team Rocket, and it infuriates him. Even though Koffing aren't the smartest Pokémon in the world, even they know about the abhorrent things that Team Rocket does to Pokémon. So then why would his own kind join up with these evil men and women? So, when you're battling with Ariana, Bombastus must finish the battle off with Selfdestruct, and he must also defeat every Koffing and Weezing that he meets working for Team Rocket. But after all is said and done, Bombastus is still hurting from his memories. There are no restrictions on evolution, but he must attempt to solo Koga and Janine, or die trying. Have fun. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)