The Workshop

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Requester: Osra
For: 1v1 Shopfront
Art Direction: Something that captures the feeling of being in a shopping district with multiple shops side by side. Here's a list of the shops we have currently to give an idea of what we're working with, plus a reference image of the atmosphere I'm aiming for:
  • lost heros's Meme Shop
  • WailJesus's Kyubit Lottery
  • Joker 1v1's Love Booth
  • Chrispy Burns's Ruining Joker's Day
  • Synonimous's Teambuilding Shop
  • Osra's Little Shop of Wonders
  • Waylaid's 1 Kyubit Deal
  • pqs's probably illegal "reaction score" shop because he is broke after buying 10 teams from osra and has only like 20 kyubits left ok now on to the explanation of the reaction score shop
  • Lkjchjdhbjidcgjhd's Law Firm
  • Besom's Shop uwu
  • DezShizzels's Teambuilding Shop
  • Jamez155's Teambuilding Shop
  • Pokesartoolcay's Mega Magearnas Kyubit Lotto
  • Boat (phiwings99)'s Team Lottery
  • Eriey's Cheap Team Shop for Thrifty People
  • Badrat's AV POLITOED SHOP
  • PartChandelure's EV Workshop
  • Dragonmirror's Eving Store Thingy
  • Pokesartoolcay's Setbuilding Shop
  • Poison Adhesive's 2v2 and ADV 1v1 Kyubit Camp
  • Kaif's Old Gen 1v1 Team Shop

1572289739383.png

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Requester: Siphonix
For: Myself
Art Direction: Hey, can somebody please make me some art of a flareon (Obviously my favorite) with a look like the image attached? With the name Siphonix next to it? And perhaps an image of a team consisting of flareon (in the middle) a gallade (to the right) and a farfetchd (to the left)? And with a baby blue background? I would greatly appreciate it!
I think you'd be better off asking an artist directly for this :o This thread is mainly for tournament art or community projects around the site. If you'd like more info though, check out the original post.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Minority & Nayrz
For: Most Wanted (Major Team Tour)
Art Direction: This is a new ~100 player team tour that is being unveiled a few weeks into Generation 8 that uses a bounty system and player assassinations. We picture two to seven anthropomorphic Pokemon wearing suits holding weapons (or even held items for luls) - think Pulp Fiction / Men in Black / John Wick / No Country for Old Men aesthetic. Pokemon that are strong throughout Ubers gens 3-7 and are easy to make into humanoid shapes (like Mewtwo) work best. We also want to include at least one Pokemon which will obviously be strong in Generation 8 (like sword doggo or Aegislash). Please ask if more direction is helpful.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Requester: Specs
For: Favorite Teams of the Generation (PU)
Art Direction: A Mesprit Skuntank & Froslass holding up a sign saying 'Favorite Gen 7 PU teams!' Then maybe just a colored background, idm what it is. Thanks!

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to say that I really like this banner! I love that wavy, yellow quarter-fill in the white text; it makes the text a lot more eye-catching and sort of reflects the shape of Ekans' body too, if that makes sense. The gradients that make up the gold texture and the brushstrokes bisecting it look super clean too, and the Ekans art is positioned in a great way to frame the text. Awesome work!

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Just wanted to say that I really like this banner! I love that wavy, yellow quarter-fill in the white text; it makes the text a lot more eye-catching and sort of reflects the shape of Ekans' body too, if that makes sense. The gradients that make up the gold texture and the brushstrokes bisecting it look super clean too, and the Ekans art is positioned in a great way to frame the text. Awesome work!
Thanks a lot!! It's nice to see someone else be able to figure out the intentions behind minor details and touches to a design that makes it stand out just a bit more and have the appreciation for it :)

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Requester: Cynara
For: A ubers Old Generations hub - It is a thread that started in generation 7 but will be present in the upcoming generation 8 forum. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ubers-old-gens-hub.3609595/
Art Direction: Im not entirely sure, Im not fussy at all nor am I a creative thinker, It is for the main post of the OP which is aiming to be like an introductory post to the hub. Around the theme of Old Generations and featuring the mainstays of the old generation ubers Pokemon would be nice.Do it in any direction you wish.

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
For: A ubers Old Generations hub - It is a thread that started in generation 7 but will be present in the upcoming generation 8 forum. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ubers-old-gens-hub.3609595/
Art Direction: Im not entirely sure, Im not fussy at all nor am I a creative thinker, It is for the main post of the OP which is aiming to be like an introductory post to the hub. Around the theme of Old Generations and featuring the mainstays of the old generation ubers Pokemon would be nice.Do it in any direction you wish.
Requester: Specs
For: Favorite Teams of the Generation (PU)
Art Direction: A Mesprit Skuntank & Froslass holding up a sign saying 'Favorite Gen 7 PU teams!' Then maybe just a colored background, idm what it is. Thanks!
Taking both

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Requester: SBPC
For: NFE Old Gens Hub
Art Direction: Something with the words "NFE Old Gens" on it, with one of the top pokemon from every generation to represent them. Servine for SM, Monferno for ORAS, Gabite for BW, and Golbat for DPP

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requester: Megazard
For: AG General Banner
Art Direction: Should be more of an official type thing, and probably feature zacian. All our other meta defining things won't be back so yeah. Thinking something along the lines of our old banner art, which is in the OP here except obviously without the RIP edit

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Requester: Megazard
For: AG General Banner
Art Direction: Should be more of an official type thing, and probably feature zacian. All our other meta defining things won't be back so yeah. Thinking something along the lines of our old banner art, which is in the OP here except obviously without the RIP edit
I can take this c:

• Love
Reactions: kay

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為

This one took a lot of time but I think I'm happy with the results, what about you? oo

Untitled-1.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)