• Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  • The moderators of this forum are tiki and leparagon.
  • Welcome to Smogon! Take a moment to read the Introduction to Smogon for a run-down on everything Smogon.

The Workshop

Requester: xavgb
For: Mix and Mega
Art Direction: I was thinking something similar to the Gen 7 thread but really anything featuring some combination of Mandibuzz, Weavile, or Dragapult would be really cool.
xavgb I've completed your request! Had a ton of fun putting it together. (There's a bit of a size issue I can't quite remedy without ruining the dimensions, if you need me to do that let me know.)

https://sta.sh/0u2lcyezwde

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Last edited:

Alakazam

Hey there, Delilah
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requester: Alakazam / The Dark Alakazam
For: 1v1 Tournaments
Art Direction: A Vector Podium (the ones you see with raised levels for first, second, and third place) in a stadium (maybe in the style of a Gen 8 Gym Stadium), with Crustle in 3rd place, Sylveon in Second, and Galarian Darmanitan in first (if you want to change one of them to a Pokemon of your choice, lmk, I'm specifically choosing Pokemon that are good but not too good, in case of suspects)

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
Update on our request for Most Wanted - captain signups will go up in two weeks (Dec 15th). We want the tournament banner to be integrated as early as possible, and certainly once player signups go up.

We're also open to other art direction and minimalist approaches are fine so long as the work is very polished.

Alakazam

Hey there, Delilah
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
idk how double requests go but I'll see what happens
Requester: Alakazam / The Dark Alakazam
For: 1v1 Speed Tiers
Art Direction:
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.06.30 PM.png

this image, but with Choice Scarf Darmanitan-Galar about to punch a Dragapult (with or w/o text)

Or something like that, if you're into it

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Tiering Contributor
I believe I've got everything up to date for now. Lots of cool stuff, blazenix the banners you've made have been really great, cresselia that natdex image looks awesome, and mangarrow great job on that mix and mega art.
One another note, just bear in mind there's a ton of requests now with the new gen. If for some reason your request doesn't get done I definitely recommend looking through the tons of great art people have done in the past to see if something could be reused, or contacting someone directly.

Merritt

literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requester: Merritt
For: LC Circuit 2020
Art Direction: Featuring only LC Pokemon available in Generation 8 would be good, requesting that Cutiefly, Trapinch, Galarian Farfetch'd, Vulpix, and Drifloon not be used as they're plausible bans in the future and this art will be used for the entire year of 2020, both in the general circuit thread and for circuit playoffs. There's no specific theme, though for general inspiration EV did some amazing art for the 2019 circuit which I think fit extremely well.

Reactions: lyd

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Requester: Merritt
For: LC Circuit 2020
Art Direction: Featuring only LC Pokemon available in Generation 8 would be good, requesting that Cutiefly, Trapinch, Galarian Farfetch'd, Vulpix, and Drifloon not be used as they're plausible bans in the future and this art will be used for the entire year of 2020, both in the general circuit thread and for circuit playoffs. There's no specific theme, though for general inspiration EV did some amazing art for the 2019 circuit which I think fit extremely well.

ill take this, im alive

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Driveris a Smogon Media Contributor
Requester: GMars & TDK
For: Upcoming OU project, can discuss details in PMs
Art Direction: Mr. Rime tap dancing on a stage with Rillaboom banging its drum and Toxtricity playing in the background for it. TDK requests Morpeko be included somehow

TPP

Sincerely
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader
Requester: TPP
For: 2020 OU Circuit
Art Direction: Corviknight in the back or center with "OU Circuit" at the bottom or near Corviknight's feet. Corviknight in a similar pose like in the image below would be appreciated (wings spread out).

Requester: Mazz
For: UnderUsed OldGens Hub
Art Direction: This image but with a Hypno, Nidoqueen, Kangaskhan, Moltres, Heracross, Suicune, and a Scizor as the tourists. Doesn't need to be an exact replica - nor does it necessarily need a background - but the feeling of being a group in a foreign place is desired. Text above the group of seven reading "Underused OldGens Hub" please and thanks!

Nayrz

is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Ubers Leader
Requester: Nayrz
For: SS Ubers Viability Rankings
Art Direction: I'd like to have the three Ubers (Zacian/Zamazenta/Eternatus) featuring in it. I like the idea of Zacian and Zamazenta facing up to an Eternatus higher up similarly to the in-game battle (not Eternamax Eternatus as I think it would would be misleading) with the text wherever it best fits. I'll suggest the Crowned forme for both - even though regular Zamazenta is vastly superior to its crowned variant i think the consistency looks better.

(no idea of source)

yoo
Requester: pqs
For: National Dex 1v1
Art Direction: I'd like it to be like one of the defining new pokemon of swsh (pick whatever suits best) and one of the defining pokemon of usum that got cut out in dexit, shaking hands like a business agreement or something.

Ransei

Everyone has a story
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Requester: Ransei
For: (Pure) Hackmons
Art Direction: Now that Eternatus-Eternamax is proven hackable and usable in Pure Hackmons, with all we know about it and what abilities it could run I think it's safe to say this will be a meta defining Pokemon. As a result, can we have a banner representing Eternatus-Eternamax with the words "Gen 8 Hackmons" labeled under/at the bottom of the image?

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Driver
AG Circuit Champion
Requester: Pigeons
For: 2020 AG Tournament Circuit
Art Direction: Something including Mega Rayquaza and Zacian-Crowned would be awesome, maybe with them facing off somehow on either sides of the text. Anything with those two and the text works really so if you have another idea go for it!

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Requester: TPP
For: 2020 OU Circuit
Art Direction: Corviknight in the back or center with "OU Circuit" at the bottom or near Corviknight's feet. Corviknight in a similar pose like in the image below would be appreciated (wings spread out).
I got this done before the end of the year \o/

ou-circuit-banner-2020.png

ou-circuit-banner-2020-fullsize.png

If there's anything I overlooked or could be changed I'd be happy to edit this! This was a fun project for me personally and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I had making it. :psyglad:

lyd

╜φ°⌂▌╫§
is a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Requester: Gross Sweep

For: RMT (RMT has a long history of using the same piece of art for all rules/resource pages, projects, competitions, and pretty much anything else RMT related and we wanted to get a new logo that will be used on all RMT related projects for the entirety of the 8th generation.

Art Direction: We'd like to give artists as much creative freedom as possible, but there are a couple things we'd like to see in the art: Either the phrase Rate My Team or the acronym RMT, The Storm Badge at least in shape - color can change for design if needed (Storm badge is the RMT badge), and all pokemon present must be fighting type - they don't have to be new this gen, but we'd prefer if they at least survived dexit (not including the ones who might get added in later).

Already sent it to you in Discord, but posting here for formality's sake (and likes)! Happy new year everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)