The Workshop

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I believe I've got everything up to date for now. Lots of cool stuff, blazenix the banners you've made have been really great, cresselia that natdex image looks awesome, and mangarrow great job on that mix and mega art.
One another note, just bear in mind there's a ton of requests now with the new gen. If for some reason your request doesn't get done I definitely recommend looking through the tons of great art people have done in the past to see if something could be reused, or contacting someone directly.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Requester: Merritt
For: LC Circuit 2020
Art Direction: Featuring only LC Pokemon available in Generation 8 would be good, requesting that Cutiefly, Trapinch, Galarian Farfetch'd, Vulpix, and Drifloon not be used as they're plausible bans in the future and this art will be used for the entire year of 2020, both in the general circuit thread and for circuit playoffs. There's no specific theme, though for general inspiration EV did some amazing art for the 2019 circuit which I think fit extremely well.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Requester: Merritt
For: LC Circuit 2020
Art Direction: Featuring only LC Pokemon available in Generation 8 would be good, requesting that Cutiefly, Trapinch, Galarian Farfetch'd, Vulpix, and Drifloon not be used as they're plausible bans in the future and this art will be used for the entire year of 2020, both in the general circuit thread and for circuit playoffs. There's no specific theme, though for general inspiration EV did some amazing art for the 2019 circuit which I think fit extremely well.

ill take this, im alive

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Requester: TPP
For: 2020 OU Circuit
Art Direction: Corviknight in the back or center with "OU Circuit" at the bottom or near Corviknight's feet. Corviknight in a similar pose like in the image below would be appreciated (wings spread out).

Requester: Mazz
For: UnderUsed OldGens Hub
Art Direction: This image but with a Hypno, Nidoqueen, Kangaskhan, Moltres, Heracross, Suicune, and a Scizor as the tourists. Doesn't need to be an exact replica - nor does it necessarily need a background - but the feeling of being a group in a foreign place is desired. Text above the group of seven reading "Underused OldGens Hub" please and thanks!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Requester: Ransei
For: (Pure) Hackmons
Art Direction: Now that Eternatus-Eternamax is proven hackable and usable in Pure Hackmons, with all we know about it and what abilities it could run I think it's safe to say this will be a meta defining Pokemon. As a result, can we have a banner representing Eternatus-Eternamax with the words "Gen 8 Hackmons" labeled under/at the bottom of the image?

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Requester: Pigeons
For: 2020 AG Tournament Circuit
Art Direction: Something including Mega Rayquaza and Zacian-Crowned would be awesome, maybe with them facing off somehow on either sides of the text. Anything with those two and the text works really so if you have another idea go for it!

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Requester: TPP
For: 2020 OU Circuit
Art Direction: Corviknight in the back or center with "OU Circuit" at the bottom or near Corviknight's feet. Corviknight in a similar pose like in the image below would be appreciated (wings spread out).
I got this done before the end of the year \o/

ou-circuit-banner-2020.png

ou-circuit-banner-2020-fullsize.png

If there's anything I overlooked or could be changed I'd be happy to edit this! This was a fun project for me personally and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I had making it. :psyglad:

Requester: Gross Sweep

For: RMT (RMT has a long history of using the same piece of art for all rules/resource pages, projects, competitions, and pretty much anything else RMT related and we wanted to get a new logo that will be used on all RMT related projects for the entirety of the 8th generation.

Art Direction: We'd like to give artists as much creative freedom as possible, but there are a couple things we'd like to see in the art: Either the phrase Rate My Team or the acronym RMT, The Storm Badge at least in shape - color can change for design if needed (Storm badge is the RMT badge), and all pokemon present must be fighting type - they don't have to be new this gen, but we'd prefer if they at least survived dexit (not including the ones who might get added in later).

Already sent it to you in Discord, but posting here for formality's sake (and likes)! Happy new year everyone :)

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Requester: SputnikGT
For: National Dex OU Team Bazaar
Art Direction: A cool looking banner including notable Pokemon in the metagame with a "National Dex Team Bazaar" banner down at the bottom. Metagame threats such as Kartana, Mega-Metagross, Genesect, Volcarona, and Dracovish would make for good inclusions here!

Requester: SputnikGT
For: National Dex OU Team Bazaar
Art Direction: A cool looking banner including notable Pokemon in the metagame with a "National Dex Team Bazaar" banner down at the bottom. Metagame threats such as Kartana, Mega-Metagross, Genesect, Volcarona, and Dracovish would make for good inclusions here!
nationaldexbazaar.png

hope you like it. let me know if you want any changes or something

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Requester: Alakazam / The Dark Alakazam
For: 1v1 Tournaments
Art Direction: A Vector Podium (the ones you see with raised levels for first, second, and third place) in a stadium (maybe in the style of a Gen 8 Gym Stadium), with Crustle in 3rd place, Sylveon in Second, and Galarian Darmanitan in first (if you want to change one of them to a Pokemon of your choice, lmk, I'm specifically choosing Pokemon that are good but not too good, in case of suspects)
Requester: Ransei
For: (Pure) Hackmons
Art Direction: Now that Eternatus-Eternamax is proven hackable and usable in Pure Hackmons, with all we know about it and what abilities it could run I think it's safe to say this will be a meta defining Pokemon. As a result, can we have a banner representing Eternatus-Eternamax with the words "Gen 8 Hackmons" labeled under/at the bottom of the image?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-ou-role-compendium.3658474/

Requesting Banner for National Dex OU Role Compendium Thread. Anything including notable mons like Mega Blastoise, Zygarde, Mega Metagross, Landorus-T, and like Dragapult is preferred.
Back in action and I will be taking these.

Keep an eye out because I'll edit this post with results and let you know on discord.

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Requester: Alakazam / The Dark Alakazam
For: 1v1 Tournaments
Art Direction: A Vector Podium (the ones you see with raised levels for first, second, and third place) in a stadium (maybe in the style of a Gen 8 Gym Stadium), with Crustle in 3rd place, Sylveon in Second, and Galarian Darmanitan in first (if you want to change one of them to a Pokemon of your choice, lmk, I'm specifically choosing Pokemon that are good but not too good, in case of suspects)

Here you go!
1v1-Tournaments-.png

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Requester: me
For: Monotype Generations Tour IV
Art Direction: I want the theme to match the type of Pokemon. This year I think Dragon would be a cool pick for the art. Since the tournament is SS Monotype, USM Monotype, and ORAS Monotype I would like the pokemon to be Hatterene, Mega Gallade, and Latias, from left to right exactly in that order, maybe in like a psychic terrain or whatever background the artist feels like belongs to Psychic Pokemon.
Note: The signups for the tournament start on January 20th, so ideally I would like the art by then. Thanks!

Edit: lyd did not post it in this thread so his finished work for this request is below

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)