VGC '11 US Southeast Regional - Atlanta, GA - WON BY TheCaptainFalcon & Maski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hax'd out of the tournament in round 2. Two crits and a freeze, I know I should've at least gone one more round in. LCQs it is! Ragestory later possibly.

Was fun hanging out with Killah and Mingot for most of the afternoon though, great time guys. Look forward to being more active.

Masters Final was ridiculous, everyone should watch it. Seniors final was pretty crazy too though, Maski did a crazy job of turning that around.

would've loved to have attended but family stuff got in the way. bah, i hadn't been practicing as much as i should've anyways.

Oh i was there, Im not sure if anybody so me though, lol i was a black guy with a half black and blonde mowhawk but i made it a little far atleast to round 3 the last battle was close, one to one,a chandelure verses a simipour of which the simipour was faster lol but i had fun ill come agian next year...oh and i hate amonguss lol

I was the dude in the Red coat with the badges. Got knocked out round 2 to a Darmanitan I didn't see coming. I just didn't expect it. Probably had something to do with the fact that I hadn't slept since Thursday. All in all, had fun, got to meet Ian McKnight and Alaka, and a few lurkers.

Since I didn't post at all I guess I should do so while I have a siginal at a rest stop... went, lost top 8 to eventual winner in spite of having a 100% to win if I made the right moves on the last two turns, but then choked and did not, in fact, make the correct moves because I was playing too quickly and not thinking enough. Mad at myself because I let some buddies down, but hopefully I'll learn something from it.

Good experience otherwise. Hung out with Alaka, mingot(thanks again for letting us stay last night), and his daughter a bunch before and after the event, and had fun chatting with ncsbert at the event. Glad I went in spite of this absurd 13ish hour drive, just wish I'd closed it out...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since I didn't post at all I guess I should do so while I have a siginal at a rest stop... went, lost top 8 to eventual winner in spite of having a 100% to win if I made the right moves on the last two turns, but then choked and did not, in fact, make the correct moves because I was playing too quickly and not thinking enough. Mad at myself because I let some buddies down, but hopefully I'll learn something from it.

Good experience otherwise. Hung out with Alaka, mingot(thanks again for letting us stay last night), and his daughter a bunch before and after the event, and had fun chatting with ncsbert at the event. Glad I went in spite of this absurd 13ish hour drive, just wish I'd closed it out...
It's okay. I'm sure Fishy is very glad you won't be in LCQ. Congrats on qualifying!

As far as I could see, "hacks" was not responsible for who won or lost. Choosing Shadow Ball instead of Heat Wave for no understandable reason the first attack by Chandelure after Trick Room cost the match. Since I do not play maybe I am missing something about a switch prediction, but I think it was just a lazy mistake. Missing there would have allowed for a genuine luck complaint, but regardless of the miss possibility on either opponent at that point, I think maximizing the effect of attacks there represented an obviously superior choice.

Maski: Were you the girl I met in the Hilton Garden hotel lobby? Either way, congratulations.

Also, thanks to Bob the Rocket Grunt for telling me that the risks of Hi Jump Kick were not great enough to resort to the much weaker Drain Punch for Mienshao; that saved me once or twice (In fact, my first opponent [who was a great sport about the miss-hax] used Me First on Mienshao and missed with Hi Jump Kick). Sorry to anyone who had difficulties by following my advice of using Drain Punch over Hi Jump Kick because of the commonness of Protect.

I played pretty poorly, changing my team up until registration because of paranoia, which led me to using a strategy I wasn't familiar with. It didn't help that I faced three players who had all lurked Smogon significantly, and had skills to prove it.

Lost out Round 4. Made the wrong move first turn and it cost me the match. We did have a guy make top 16 though so the FSPL will most likely make an appearance at Nats and LCQ. Can't win 'em all the time, so I guess I can't complain.

I made it in the top 16 again this year (in the Masters division). The battle that I lost was really close, but my opponent won fair and square. I'll be looking forward to Nationals again this year.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lost out Round 4. Made the wrong move first turn and it cost me the match. We did have a guy make top 16 though so the FSPL will most likely make an appearance at Nats and LCQ. Can't win 'em all the time, so I guess I can't complain.
UCDPL tends to though.

It was; I think if I spend 20 seconds thinking about that move rather than 2 I don't screw it up. Not sure why I didn't take some more time there.

I didn't know about the Chople(I'd kind of figured he'd be a Dark Gem guy after Haxorus was holding a Gem instead of Haban), which might have changed things, but for some reason I wasn't confident I'd get the KO on Thundurus, so I wanted to cover the Sball, which still doesnt make a lot of sense since Krook was the immediate threat. Considered he might have Twave and try to do something with it+Protect too, but still didn't really gain anything on that doing what I did, so that doesn't make sense... just a dumb move. Pretty epic choke, there. I also accidentally Crunched Haxorus instead of Thundurus(which is why that wasn't a Drain Punch) earlier in the game somehow which would have prevented me from making that read later, but misclicking IRL is just bizarre... I just wasn't in it mentally there, lol. Frustrating since he had one of the worst combinations of Pokemon for me to deal with and I had it under control and then still managed to lose.

Gonna have to play a lot better than that if I want to avoid embarrassing myself at Nats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)